Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,163 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:14 AM

A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) - Nairaland / General (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) (64499 Views)

Soldier: The Python We Killed At Front Line Today / See The Big Snake A Lady Killed In Her Farm (Photos) / A Huge Python My Brother Killed In His Farm (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by Greedgod: 10:46pm On Dec 05, 2016
Mikylopez:
awwwwn tnx
wont u gime a chance to ur future by giving ur email addy
Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by Noblesoul123: 11:08pm On Dec 05, 2016
GossipHeart:

The name of the snake is Black Mamba

You don't wanna come in contact with that evil

In 2009, i did an experiment with the poison extracted from it's mouth, i mixed it with human blood, the result was scary, in just 2 minutes, it froze the blood

And for the people saying that it's a king cobra, how old are you guys ?? Even a 4 year old kid can tell you how cobras look like but you guys stupidity is amazing

Cobras have flat hooded heads

There are scarcity of cobras in Nigeria

The only cobra you will find in Africa is the black-necked spitting cobra, and it's only in Mozambique

The second picture i will attach is how a cobra looks like
FYI, there are species of cobras in parts of Nassarawa state
Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by fortunechy(m): 12:08am On Dec 06, 2016
There are three things that keep relationship (i love you, thank you and sorry) without these things relationship can't be. And if you add them all yet it doesn't work, go and sleep.
Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by Ibime(m): 12:57am On Dec 06, 2016
GossipHeart:

In 2009, i did an experiment with the poison extracted from it's mouth, i mixed it with human blood, the result was scary, in just 2 minutes, it froze the blood

And for the people saying that it's a king cobra, how old are you guys ?? Even a 4 year old kid can tell you how cobras look like but you guys stupidity is amazing

The only cobra you will find in Africa is the black-necked spitting cobra, and it's only in Mozambique

Zoologist!

Are you Goodluck in disguise?
Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by Koko88(m): 1:04am On Dec 06, 2016
GossipHeart:

There is the cape cobra in South Africa
Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by modsRbastard: 1:51am On Dec 06, 2016
Polyestar:

You're right, that's not King Cobra but the Eastern Indigo. I just confirmed from other sources before replying you. But I still have proof that King Cobras prey on python.
See the amateur clip below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=460tanMJtWA

I never doubted they do, king Cobra are notorious for preying on snakes especially young python and rat snakes. They're the only snake that makes a nest for their eggs.
Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by gentlezypher: 4:36am On Dec 06, 2016
una don finish snakes for that school! Go sambisa you go see killed snake, stadium same, make snake no do riot for una o,

1 Like

Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by Nobody: 6:44am On Dec 06, 2016
Greedgod:

ur twitter dp looks soft , u sure say u no be kachikwu son ?

Nooo I no be kachikwu son ooooo abeg before all these nairalanders go start to dey do kidnap plan grin grin

1 Like

Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by cuteralph101(m): 8:15am On Dec 06, 2016
SeanBeezy:
Photos Of A Poisonous Snake That Was Killed Today At MOUAU Fish Farm In Umudike

Below are photos of a poisonous snake that was actually captured by a trap today at our University fish farm. I don't even know the particular specie, I hope someone helps me
what's D fuss bout killing a snake? I dunno wen we go get small sense
Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by joinnow: 8:41am On Dec 06, 2016
[quote author=SeanBeezy post=51658116]Photos Of A Poisonous Snake That Was Killed Today At MOUAU Fish Farm In Umudike

Below are photos of a poisonous snake that was actually captured by a trap today at our University fish farm. I don't even know the particular specie, I hope someone helps me
[/quote
Why are you all gambling with your life.

According to snakeeducation. Com
And other source including National Geographic
Dead Snakes & Dead Snake Bites - You may have heard someone say that a dead snake can still bite and this is Very True. The nerves in a snake have been recorded to still be active up to 9 hours after a snake was killed. The length of time had much to do with the snake type, and situation in which the snake was killed. In Old-School it was a common practice to cut the head off of a venomous snake but to understand that snake's head can still bite and still inject Venom into it's victim. Just because a snake looks dead doesn't mean the nerves are too.

I know too well Umudike hospital don't have anti venom injection to administer to you. Why risk ur life.
You only got one life to live thread carefully

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by Oladokunst: 8:58am On Dec 06, 2016
GossipHeart:

There is cobra in Nigeria,infact Ibadan. I have seen a live cobra before, when we first moved to our new house back then in 2001. It was very common then. And local hunters have a way of catching it alive. I am 100% sure of what I saw. It has lot of beautiful colours on it flat head and neck

2 Likes

Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by Henrypraise: 9:07am On Dec 06, 2016
GossipHeart:

chairman, ur ignorance strong o, see how u talking n insulting pple wit so much confidence whereas u knw notin.

to properly inform u, dat snake is a cobra not a black mamba. u better go watch nat geo wild n stop watching Africa magic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by saydfact(m): 9:15am On Dec 06, 2016
Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by Henrypraise: 9:17am On Dec 06, 2016
Oladokunst:

There is cobra in Nigeria,infact Ibadan. I have seen a live cobra before, when we first moved to our new house back then in 2001. It was very common then. And local hunters have a way of catching it alive. I am 100% sure of what I saw. It has lot of beautiful colours on it flat head and neck

abeg leave dat ignorant man, he has just mis-inform pple who read n liked his statement.

there ar more cobras in Nigeria dan black mamba (dats if there ar any).

d easiest way to know a cobra, is its crested double coloured under neck, d second n most distinctive trait is its ability to raise head n spread its head in a hoodlike manner in attack.

a black mamba isn't necessarily black, infact its name black mamba is gotten from its inner mouth which is black. it can be called a black or smiling mamba. I watched a documentary wen dis snake killed a lion n crawled away.
Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by DavidEsq(m): 9:22am On Dec 06, 2016
GossipHeart:

Pls come to sapele, u go c cobra tire. From Ojolu to Ogwanja, cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by GossipHeart(m): 10:21am On Dec 06, 2016
Henrypraise:

chairman, ur ignorance strong o, see how u talking n insulting pple wit so much confidence whereas u knw notin.

to properly inform u, dat snake is a cobra not a black mamba. u better go watch nat geo wild n stop watching Africa magic.

African magic ??
What is that ??
Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by Melanogaster(m): 12:39pm On Dec 06, 2016
cocaineaddict:

i'm interested in knowing what differs in a snake being poisonous and venomous
Poison is a substance that is toxic at a particular dosage.

Poisonous means having the qualities of a poison

Is it now appropriate to say that a poisonous snake has the qualities of a posion? No

As it pertains to snake, the substances venom are poisonous themselves and are capable of immobilizing preys. But the snakes that produce this type of toxin are not poisonous themselves but are venomous.

This is simply because they carry the gland in specialized salivary gland that are modified into venom and these snakes can carefully inject or spit the venom targeted at the prey

All these acts make them venomous and not poisonous
Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by Melanogaster(m): 12:44pm On Dec 06, 2016
maj007:

You are the OLODO.

POISON is a synonym for VENOM.

Let me give you a helping mind

Poison is a substance that is toxic at a particular dosage.

Poisonous means having the qualities of a poison

Is it now appropriate to say that a poisonous snake has the qualities of a posion? No

As it pertains to snake, the substances venom are poisonous themselves and are capable of immobilizing preys. But the snakes that produce this type of toxin are not poisonous themselves but are venomous.

This is simply because they carry the gland in specialized salivary gland that are modified into venom and these snakes can carefully inject or spit the venom targeted at the prey

All these acts make them venomous and not poisonous
Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by petchris04(m): 1:42pm On Dec 06, 2016
Mikylopez:
dah girl tried ooo i cant touch a snake o I've never even seen a snake
Trust me girls from the above mentioned school can do more than that.
Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by Kakamorufu(m): 2:37pm On Dec 06, 2016
SeanBeezy:
No Sir, it's a bit far from CNREM, it's exactly after COLNAS, along Goodluck Ebele Jonathan hostel... you have an idea though!
no be that new hostel be Ebele hostel? u
Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by SeanBeezy(m): 3:38pm On Dec 06, 2016
Kakamorufu:
no be that new hostel be Ebele hostel? u
Yeah, along Sambisa lecture halls
Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by Kakamorufu(m): 6:12pm On Dec 06, 2016
SeanBeezy:
Yeah, along Sambisa lecture halls
i see

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Spectranet, Smile Or SWIFT 4G LTE? I Need Advice / Man Dies In Car Accident In Asaba, Three Days After His Wedding (Photos) / Big Snake Seen Inside A Toilet (WC) In Ekpoma, Edo State (pics/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.