Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,122 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:39 AM

Anyone Currently Focusing On Data Structures And Algorithms? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Anyone Currently Focusing On Data Structures And Algorithms? (2352 Views)

Data Structures And Algorithms: A Beginner's Journey. / Data Structures And Algorithms / How Important Is Data Structures And Algorithm To Pro Developers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anyone Currently Focusing On Data Structures And Algorithms? by danvery2k6(m): 3:32pm On Dec 05, 2016
Anyone in the house currently focusing on Data Structures and Algorithms? Let's rub minds. I've noticed that when you talk about what you've learnt with other like-minded folks, it sticks better. You can PM me if interested. Thanks.
Re: Anyone Currently Focusing On Data Structures And Algorithms? by FincoApps(m): 8:01pm On Dec 05, 2016
danvery2k6:
Anyone in the house currently focusing on Data Structures and Algorithms? Let's rub minds. I've noticed that when you talk about what you've learnt with other like-minded folks, it sticks better. You can PM me if interested. Thanks.

What do you mean Algorithms ?

What Algorithm in particular ?
Re: Anyone Currently Focusing On Data Structures And Algorithms? by Raypawer(m): 9:41pm On Dec 05, 2016
I

FincoApps:

What do you mean Algorithms ?
What Algorithm in particular ?

oga fincoapps seriously

5 Likes

Re: Anyone Currently Focusing On Data Structures And Algorithms? by FincoApps(m): 10:47am On Dec 06, 2016
*smh* unfollowed
Re: Anyone Currently Focusing On Data Structures And Algorithms? by willie7(m): 12:10pm On Dec 06, 2016
I suppose nobody's into algorithms here cheesy
Re: Anyone Currently Focusing On Data Structures And Algorithms? by FrankLampard: 9:55pm On Dec 06, 2016
What have you learnt so far?
Re: Anyone Currently Focusing On Data Structures And Algorithms? by larisoft: 12:08pm On Dec 07, 2016
willie7:

No. We are here. Algorithm is a wide topic though. The only way to rub minds may be to exchange problems...probably on this board...
Re: Anyone Currently Focusing On Data Structures And Algorithms? by bet9ja(m): 3:23pm On Dec 07, 2016
Algorithm is just a way or set of rules to follow in other to solve a complex problem.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Currently Focusing On Data Structures And Algorithms? by sharrp: 6:11pm On Dec 09, 2016
Hit me up Op, let's tackle hackrank,topcoder,code forces etc together . just did some linked list variant in C
Re: Anyone Currently Focusing On Data Structures And Algorithms? by danvery2k6(m): 11:17pm On Dec 09, 2016
larisoft:

No. We are here. Algorithm is a wide topic though. The only way to rub minds may be to exchange problems...probably on this board...

Of course it is. It also requires discipline and skill. Which is why I need company. Already started learning some data structures that will help me in the journey.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Currently Focusing On Data Structures And Algorithms? by danvery2k6(m): 11:19pm On Dec 09, 2016
bet9ja:
Algorithm is just a way or set of rules to follow in other to solve a complex problem.

Where did you grab that definition from? Google or Wikipedia?
Re: Anyone Currently Focusing On Data Structures And Algorithms? by Raypawer(m): 12:24am On Dec 10, 2016
maybe because the word algorithms is new to you, am here, as stated earlier..

willie7:
Re: Anyone Currently Focusing On Data Structures And Algorithms? by azibit: 8:31am On Dec 10, 2016
I am currently trying to focus on Algorithms and Datastructures. Started a course at Coursera on that. Try check it out too. It spans around 6 months

1 Like

Re: Anyone Currently Focusing On Data Structures And Algorithms? by Nobody: 10:54am On Dec 10, 2016
danvery2k6:

I am . Reading CLRS am not gonna lie it takes a while to stick because of the mathematical background needed especially the notation but am beginning to see the benefit. Worked on a project recently that was solved with the concept of a FIFO queue. It's really not easy try this visual data or something it shows the visualisation of the data structure. Anyone not taking algorithm serious will find it hard to scale interviews esp when asked about code efficency

1 Like

Re: Anyone Currently Focusing On Data Structures And Algorithms? by Nobody: 10:56am On Dec 10, 2016
There are two colleagues in my office that inspired me to look into this. These guys are crazy when they talk about code efficency

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Currently Focusing On Data Structures And Algorithms? by igorekpengmail: 2:18pm On Dec 10, 2016
danvery2k6:

So can u write codes to transverse?
Or solve the tower of Hanoi
Or write the honeybee algorithm?

Just all there. But they ve been solved, so what's the point reinventing the wheel when its already spining?
Re: Anyone Currently Focusing On Data Structures And Algorithms? by uzoexcel(m): 4:09pm On Dec 10, 2016
azibit:
I am currently trying to focus on Algorithms and Datastructures. Started a course at Coursera on that. Try check it out too. It spans around 6 months
When next is the course starting?
Re: Anyone Currently Focusing On Data Structures And Algorithms? by Raypawer(m): 2:59am On Dec 11, 2016
you can use mit open courseware for that, very educative, and you will learn as if your at MIT, it will give u a ground up exposure to Data structures.. it might take long, its their university lectures, so its very detailed and elaborate

uzoexcel:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anyone Currently Focusing On Data Structures And Algorithms? by azibit: 7:18am On Dec 11, 2016
uzoexcel:

https://www.coursera.org/specializations/data-structures-algorithms

It starts on the 12th of December, 2016

It is a specialization course which spans over a period of 6 months. Each part takes 1 month to complete and that means it has 6 parts. Please do let me know if you would be joining the course so that we can try share some ideas
Re: Anyone Currently Focusing On Data Structures And Algorithms? by uzoexcel(m): 7:54am On Dec 11, 2016
No I won't be joining now..probably @ d next time it starts...I have so much work on my hands for now..let's knw how it goes
azibit:

It is a specialization course which spans over a period of 6 months. Each part takes 1 month to complete and that means it has 6 parts. Please do let me know if you would be joining the course so that we can try share some ideas
Re: Anyone Currently Focusing On Data Structures And Algorithms? by tmogba4(m): 3:04am On Nov 06, 2017
danvery2k6:

Rub minds with great people
Visit Link: goo. gl/RTacdt
Re: Anyone Currently Focusing On Data Structures And Algorithms? by tmogba4(m): 3:06am On Nov 06, 2017
azibit:

This one begins on the 17th November, 2017 and it's for free.
Visit Link: goo. gl/RTacdt

1 Like

Re: Anyone Currently Focusing On Data Structures And Algorithms? by deedat205(m): 7:54pm On Nov 07, 2017
pcguru1:

I am . Reading CLRS am not gonna lie it takes a while to stick because of the mathematical background needed especially the notation but am beginning to see the benefit. Worked on a project recently that was solved with the concept of a FIFO queue. It's really not easy try this visual data or something it shows the visualisation of the data structure. Anyone not taking algorithm serious will find it hard to scale interviews esp when asked about code efficency

I'm inspired, there was a time I was trying to focus on algorithms because someone introduced hackerrank to me and the challenges were to tough for me. I came across CLRS, I tried to understand that book but I just couldn't. I didn't know if I was doing mathematics or I was programming. It has a lot of proving and rather than the book solving my problem, it was compounding it. I had to leave the book.
I'll go back to the book hopefully it gets less scary this time.

(1) (Reply)

Microsoft Access Database - Please Help Me / Plz Can Anyone Solve This Using C++? / Simple CRUD Application In PHP And Mysql

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.