Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,542 members, 7,823,378 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

How Important Is Data Structures And Algorithm To Pro Developers - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Important Is Data Structures And Algorithm To Pro Developers (1678 Views)

Write An Algorithm To Shuffle An Array / Accountability Partner To Study Data Structures And Algorithm With. / Play With Data Structures And Algorithm (all Languages) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Important Is Data Structures And Algorithm To Pro Developers by Lamzzyy(m): 4:20pm On Sep 14, 2019
Good day developers, I'm a noob and i started learning python3, 3months ago and I really find it interesting so far so good I really like the language and I want to be a professional at it and that brings my question I want to contribute to source codes and modules and librarys and all of that does that mean I have to learn c or c++ then learn data structures and algorithm before doing this things? And how important is data structures and algorithm is to the developer world.
Re: How Important Is Data Structures And Algorithm To Pro Developers by General0847: 4:37pm On Sep 14, 2019
Lamzzyy:
Good day developers, I'm a noob and i started learning python3, 3months ago and I really find it interesting so far so good I really like the language and I want to be a professional at it and that brings my question I want to contribute to source codes and modules and librarys and all of that does that mean I have to learn c or c++ then learn data structures and algorithm before doing this things? And how important is data structures and algorithm is to the developer world.

Drop your WhatsApp contact, am into Python3 as well. We can share study materials and resources.
Re: How Important Is Data Structures And Algorithm To Pro Developers by stanliwise(m): 9:54pm On Sep 14, 2019
Lamzzyy:
Dont worry about them. you are quite still young... just keep practicing what you find interesting for now.
Re: How Important Is Data Structures And Algorithm To Pro Developers by afuye(m): 10:46pm On Sep 14, 2019
Every language has data structures and algorithms, and you can contribute to open source using any language. Learn python for 2years without prostitution with other languages then you will know how powerful it's. You r too Young to jump into another language use what u know to get what u need for now using python
Lamzzyy:

1 Like

Re: How Important Is Data Structures And Algorithm To Pro Developers by Lamzzyy(m): 9:46am On Sep 15, 2019
Thank you very much..
afuye:
Every language has data structures and algorithms, and you can contribute to open source using any language. Learn python for 2years without prostitution with other languages then you will know how powerful it's. You r too Young to jump into another language use what u know to get what u need for now using python
Re: How Important Is Data Structures And Algorithm To Pro Developers by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 15, 2019
Every Lang has data structures and algorithm.
DS is simply the syntax and variables in the Lang u are learning.
Be very good in python first before u go into c.

You may need C if u want to Port some applications from c to python.
Last year I ported a NES game written in C to Perl,of course I had to go Tru the rat holes to learn beginners C just for that project

1 Like

Re: How Important Is Data Structures And Algorithm To Pro Developers by slateef39(m): 11:09pm On Sep 18, 2019
09031259895 my whatsapp number
Re: How Important Is Data Structures And Algorithm To Pro Developers by stanliwise(m): 11:10am On Sep 22, 2019
danjumakolo:
Every Lang has data structures and algorithm.
DS is simply the syntax and variables in the Lang u are learning.
Be very good in python first before u go into c.

You may need C if u want to Port some applications from c to python.
Last year I ported a NES game written in C to Perl,of course I had to go Tru the rat holes to learn beginners C just for that project
I hope you don't mean this?
Data structures means the structures of Data.... e.g Array, Trees, linked list, stack and more complicated and complex structures. Its important is how well it organizes data for manipulations.

1 Like

Re: How Important Is Data Structures And Algorithm To Pro Developers by hardebayho(m): 11:33am On Sep 22, 2019
Data structures is as important to developers as registers is as important to the processor (okay, pun intended)..

The knowledge of how to correctly and efficiently structure data and arrange them using different techniques for various scenarios is very important for an average developer..

Knowledge of Data structures can save you time and effort and can also keep you from doing useless research.. Think of it like this, most of the time, you'll be trying to solve a problem that has already been solved.. Even when you're trying to make something that has never been already made, the steps to get to your destination has probably been covered by someone else and is also documented..

For me, understanding data structure is more important than studying any programming language.. Mastering the language is not the problem.. The problem is knowing what to do with the language.. And with this, I think data structures is the way to go
Re: How Important Is Data Structures And Algorithm To Pro Developers by Nobody: 11:56am On Sep 22, 2019
stanliwise:

I hope you don't mean this?
Data structures means the structures of Data.... e.g Array, Trees, linked list, stack and more complicated and complex structures. Its important is how well it organizes data for manipulations.

I only gave u my own def.But what you said is also in line since it has to do with
something used to store data and the manipulation of the said data
Re: How Important Is Data Structures And Algorithm To Pro Developers by stanliwise(m): 1:30pm On Sep 22, 2019
danjumakolo:

I only gave u my own def.But what you said is also in line since it has to do with
something used to store data and the manipulation of the said data
No qualms, I was trying to clarify incase future reader comes to look at the thread.

2 Likes

Re: How Important Is Data Structures And Algorithm To Pro Developers by Nobody: 5:12pm On Sep 22, 2019
stanliwise:
No qualms, I was trying to clarify incase of future reader comes to look at the thread.

I just started learning Qbasic in DOS environment to have an understanding of what goes on in the hood.I am not a CS grad but luv programming only as a hubby.
Re: How Important Is Data Structures And Algorithm To Pro Developers by stanliwise(m): 5:58pm On Sep 22, 2019
danjumakolo:

I just started learning Qbasic in DOS environment to have an understanding of what goes on in the hood.I am not a CS grad but luv programming only as a hubby.
you will by understanding basic stuff like decision, selections anf iterations.
And Ultimately, a proof of your knowledge would be by creating a usable software. Not too simple and not too hard
Re: How Important Is Data Structures And Algorithm To Pro Developers by Nobody: 8:14pm On Sep 22, 2019
stanliwise:
you will by understanding basic stuff like decision, selections anf iterations.
And Ultimately, a proof of your knowledge would be by creating a usable software. Not too simple and not too hard

Ok thanks

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Programming Challenges / Everything You Need to Know About Cryptocurrency Before Investing Your Money / For A Beginner - VB6 Or VB 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.