Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,119 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:08 PM

Do Banks Treat You Differently When You Make Large Deposits? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do Banks Treat You Differently When You Make Large Deposits? (487 Views)

How To Make Large Quantity Of Liquid Soap With 450 Naira / Nigerians To Start Paying For Bank Deposits In 2020 / How Safe Are Customer Deposits At FCMB? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do Banks Treat You Differently When You Make Large Deposits? by BizLifeE: 1:50am On Dec 06, 2016
Yes.

I deposited $30k once at one bank in a city with 40k inhabitants. On that day, my balance was maybe $100.

The person at the cashier barely looked to me when I get in. “Good afternoon”, she said while looking to the screen.

I put the cash on the counter and said “I want to deposit this money”.

Instantly, she started to be all nice to me, and asked the manager to come over.

After the deposit, the manager talked to me for 10 minutes, asking whether I expected to continue to work with the bank, and they could set me up a “premium account” depending on amount I were to bring.

You see, managers are paid commissions/bonuses based on how much the bank brings in in deposits. This is one of their primary goals.

Source: https://www.quora.com/Do-banks-treat-you-differently-when-you-make-large-deposits

Neteller here: www..com.ng

(1) (Reply)

WOW! A Cheap And Beautiful Gift Idea/sourvenir For Christmas / Visa Card Users/ Uba Customers / Advice On Opening A Savings Account.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.