Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,810 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:42 PM

Should We Move Out? - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Should We Move Out? (21585 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should We Move Out? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Dec 08, 2016
I want lalasticlala to comment first
Re: Should We Move Out? by ednut1(m): 8:11pm On Dec 08, 2016
Nigerians always looking for who to blame for their self inflicted predicaments.

1 Like

Re: Should We Move Out? by Koolking(m): 8:11pm On Dec 08, 2016
The kind of personal issues most Nairalanders bring to Nairaland to seek answers are unspeakable.

I am wondering if most of the peeps on Nairaland are actually clairvoyants. Over to them to proffer answer.

Op, you are actually caught up in the dragnet of downs of life. It's an opportunity to re-examine your steps and start on a clean slate.
Re: Should We Move Out? by basadenet: 8:13pm On Dec 08, 2016
please move out fast, if not you haven't seen nothing yet as mother of all is coming. move out now.
Re: Should We Move Out? by skyo78(m): 8:15pm On Dec 08, 2016
If the owner of the house (who I assume doesn't know you from Adam before you moved in) is doing something to hinder your progress, then how does he expect you to pay the rent?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should We Move Out? by sweetmusictv: 8:17pm On Dec 08, 2016
Richy4:

Bro.... Based on what you have posted above, I just have to conclude that you don't know much about Financial planning and wealth management...I would have given you some tips but it might be really boring to you and a waste of my time because you were not paying for it.. wink

But hey, I will not hold that against you because you might be a professional in Engineering or Architecture...and when you happens to bring a house plan and ask me to take a look,...I might just look and smile like a simpleton because I don't know what to do with it...

I have to reassure you that Bill Gate or any rich man on this planet could be in a financial mess if he/she does not invest wisely....It is really very simple to loose money..

May you live long and enjoy your days in life!
Re: Should We Move Out? by sixtus3606(m): 8:19pm On Dec 08, 2016
Richy4:

My sis, I hate when they blame the witches when they were practically innocent and were not even looking their way cheesy

I believe that the landlord was not there when he was spending his money....Besides, who got that kind of time to charm someone to spend his or her own money...He cannot tell me that he did not invite few friends over to his house to come and see his girl when she arrived Nigeria...When money is only going out without coming into the account, what did he expect..

I think Nigerian movies.... with their creative acts/ imaginations has so brainwashed a lot of people, that you can't even differentiate a learned person and .....

Also, have you thought about this; the three(3) pastors are leaders in the CAC. Obviously, there prophecy is nothing other a scripted doctrine.

I hail oooOo!!

2 Likes

Re: Should We Move Out? by TheTrueSeeker: 8:20pm On Dec 08, 2016
Let me share an experience...!!!

In 2013 had a very successful business and felt to set up more branches in Ph and Uyo. I had set up two more before I saw a business someone was willing to sell off and had to use my savings and a borrowed money (N300k) from a private money lender at 20% interest, with my Infiniti Jeep as collateral to buy....!!!

Not only did that new business with lots of prospect go down within three months of buying off, I kept paying interest for that N300k for over two years. (you can do the maths to know what extra i had to pay as interest). I also had to close down remaining two purchased earlier.

As if that was not enough, i couldn't renew my two bedroom apartment rent and had to move in to my office. I slept in my office for two years (wasn't married then).

One day, my cleaner who used to clean both my beautiful apartment and office pressurized me to come see her pastor cos she couldn't stand coming to work in the morning and seeing 'oga' hiding somewhere behind his desk as his bed. i had laid her off but she refused to stop working insisting even if I do not pay her anymore, she would still be cleaning for me.

I reluctantly went during one of their night vigil and the Pastor told me during the service that the person i borrowed some money from was the reason for my predicament. (i didn't tell her or my cleaner i borrowed money from anyone).

She volunteered to come and pray with me in my office and the very next day after her prayer in my office, the money lender visited my office for no reason. (he had never been to my office before).

few months later, i had all his N300k and interest to pay him and retrieved my car back from him.

Guess what he told me the day i went to collect my properties, 'the only man who had been to the lion's den and returned'

After that experience, i vowed never to have anything to do with private money lenders....!!!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should We Move Out? by sonnie10: 8:22pm On Dec 08, 2016
Why would any body give out 3 bedroom flat for #300k in Ikeja if not for some hidden motive. They gave with one hand and collected with the other

1 Like

Re: Should We Move Out? by ogaprime(m): 8:23pm On Dec 08, 2016
Richy4:
My brother, Nothing was wrong with where you were living....You did not know how to be prudent in spending......If you and your girl knew how to manage money, you would not have been in this situation...Your girl was in states and she doesn't watch Suze Orman show...

I suggest you move out. not because of the landlord, but because you cannot afford the payment anymore. get an affordable apartment man, when things became ok again, then you can decide to buy or live in an affluent suburb...Everyone needs wisdom in terms of money management...

One last advise, In future, choose your friends wisely...Do not go for all weather kind of friends....They are not good for keeps..

Awon oponu atheist....seems you forgot to explain the sack she got for no reason and why she is yet to get another job based on her experience...this world is more spiritual than your atheist brain can think

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should We Move Out? by InvertedHammer: 8:24pm On Dec 08, 2016
otunbaa:

In June 2014, I moved into this house in ikeja while working with an oil and gas firm and my fiancé was living and working in the states and was planning to relocate back to Nigeria so we can get married and start our own family. In December 2014, same year I moved into the house, I got sacked by the company for no reason and this is a job I have been doing for almost 3 years and since then I have not gotten another job till this moment because I feel that someone with my experience shouldn't be finding it difficult to get another job because I have worked with 3 major oil and gas firms with close to 8 years experience. In 2015, my fiancé got back from the states hoping to start a business and before we know it we started spending the money on nothing tangible till it finished and ever since she tried going back but no luck due to no money to finance it and nobody is willing to assist us with money, it's like helpers are running away to assist. We struggled to pay this year's rent ( 300k ) which will expire by June next year. Just recently someone told us to move out of the house that the owner might have done something to hinder our progress while he progresses and also I was told by someone in the neighborhood that a labourer died in the building while building the house and we are the first occupant of this house. I and my fiancé have concluded to move out of the house.
So fellas what do you think?
/
Everything you stated above is possible. Some people do bury stuff during the foundation stage of their houses. It is nothing new.

But the first mistake your fiance' made was moving to Nigeria in the hope of finding a job. Job in Nigeria should have been her third and last option. She has no friends in US to assist her back? Unbelievable!

\
Re: Should We Move Out? by applebee: 8:26pm On Dec 08, 2016
arthurshelly:

Are you the only Tennant in the house?why don't you relocate to a remote area like iju Ishaga,ipaja or akkute ajuwo first?are a chritian or muslim?

Akute Alagbole Ajuwon make sense. Them go see better house there. But why yoruba people like to do juju for the house wey dem build to rent out. It's very common. If you live in such houses, you can't progress.
Re: Should We Move Out? by yomalex(m): 8:27pm On Dec 08, 2016
Acidosis:
So people actually think an oil and gas worker (with 8 years experience) who decided to live in a 300k flat in Ikeja lacked money management skill?

It is well.

I've said enough though. I wish you all the best OP.
bros the thing tire me o

4 Likes

Re: Should We Move Out? by InvertedHammer: 8:27pm On Dec 08, 2016
/
Re: Should We Move Out? by sonnie10: 8:29pm On Dec 08, 2016
If you think there is no evil, please get this classic book and read.
Re: Should We Move Out? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Dec 08, 2016
This life. Each I read such things as this what always come to my mind is what the bible said.
God said we should commit our ways into His hands and he shall order our steps.

There is a particular shop in my street. All the occupant of that very shop in the pass hass never pack out of that shop by their self. It is always their RIP poster will normally see at frontage and then after their family will come and pack their item out. Just today another incident of such happen making the third person that I knew dead from that same shop. Still people will innocently come and collect the shop again. Hmm, it is well oh.
Let commit our ways to God hands.

@op, why not make some finding about that place, somethings could have gone wrong or better still take the sand of that very house and start praying about it. Asking God to reveal every dark secret that u need to know. Remeber what His words said in Dan 2:22

2 Likes

Re: Should We Move Out? by Opakan2: 8:39pm On Dec 08, 2016
@OP it's very true

the owner might not be living with you guys.. this world is full of evil people who don't care what becomes of others

Good thing you've identified some of the signs, just move if possible before the rent expires for your own good.. A friend of mine had similar experiance, he is doing well now after moving to another place

lemme give you and other NLers a quick peek into what they do.. they use landed properties or vehicles including tricycles, motorcycles for 'oshole' (rituals).. any tenant living in those houses can't progress.
The vehicles will have accidents from time to time in order to replenish their wealth etc. etc.

you see why you have to be very prayerful and vigilant

1 Like

Re: Should We Move Out? by truthspeaks: 8:39pm On Dec 08, 2016
U v concluded n u alredy stated d signs. Watelse do u want from NL? Abi na fiction u conjure?
otunbaa:

In June 2014, I moved into this house in ikeja while working with an oil and gas firm and my fiancé was living and working in the states and was planning to relocate back to Nigeria so we can get married and start our own family. In December 2014, same year I moved into the house, I got sacked by the company for no reason and this is a job I have been doing for almost 3 years and since then I have not gotten another job till this moment because I feel that someone with my experience shouldn't be finding it difficult to get another job because I have worked with 3 major oil and gas firms with close to 8 years experience. In 2015, my fiancé got back from the states hoping to start a business and before we know it we started spending the money on nothing tangible till it finished and ever since she tried going back but no luck due to no money to finance it and nobody is willing to assist us with money, it's like helpers are running away to assist. We struggled to pay this year's rent ( 300k ) which will expire by June next year. Just recently someone told us to move out of the house that the owner might have done something to hinder our progress while he progresses and also I was told by someone in the neighborhood that a labourer died in the building while building the house and we are the first occupant of this house. I and my fiancé have concluded to move out of the house.

1 Like

Re: Should We Move Out? by luminouz(m): 8:40pm On Dec 08, 2016
Well....something sure seems fishy n since we are in naija.....d diabolical still exists so we can't rule it out! But u could also be on a bad luck run...which doesn't last forever....... But if nothing in Ur hand works at all...n other strange stuffs occur too.....please pack out! In meantime be prayerful!

1 Like

Re: Should We Move Out? by snappyicee: 8:41pm On Dec 08, 2016
arthurshelly:

Are you the only Tennant in the house?why don't you relocate to a remote area like iju Ishaga,ipaja or akkute ajuwo first?are a chritian or muslim?
heartless
Re: Should We Move Out? by DAVECENA(m): 8:43pm On Dec 08, 2016
otunbaa:

I don't blame these ignorant folks who seem to Blane you for unaccounted spendings...If all you said is true,bro,run as fast as your legs can take you.I once stayed in a place like that and God being so faithful,led us out before things got out of hand. How can you explain losing your job for no just cause and nothing seems to be working? Change your place as soon as possible....I must admit, Mountain Of Fire has been a blessing to me.Locate any of the branches and get a pastor pray on your new place.Thereafter,come and tstify.

1 Like

Re: Should We Move Out? by KingTom(m): 8:53pm On Dec 08, 2016
foyeks2001:
My brother, let me tell u dis secret... try and get ursef ' a daddy in d Lord' not d flamboyant and get rich quick pastors but someone u know Christ dwells in him...abt 3yrs ago, wen hubby and I were looking for 'house to rent', an agent took us to a beautiful building ,immediately I fell inlove with d place, in d evening, after church service, my hubby only informed our pastor dat, we ve seen, an apartment, b4 my hubby cld say jack robbinson, he told him dat house is not a house, he shud look for another... when hubby told me wat daddy said, I was like , u shudnt have informed him in d first place(was selfish cos already liked the apartment) , hubby said he only wanted to tell him dat , we wld soon leave where we were occupying to another... nevertheless a message was already given, dis is a pastor I know God dwells in him, still was not convinced, I called my mom to give us her pastor's number, called d pastor and told him abt an apartment we interested in, he told us to call back d next day, also remembered a mummy -pastor, called her again and explained, she also told us to call back d next day... so we called both d next day, my mum 's pastor told us same thing, d mummy-pastor asked us to see d owner first b4 we make payment, told her dat she doesn't need to hide anything from us, dat she is our mummy, she den told us d same thing also, she went further explaining to us dat, so dat it will not get to a point where we resort to selling off our property to feed.... immediately it dawned on me to remove dat 'love for d place' from my memory, so then looked for another.
NB:the 3pastors were all CAC pastors... one in Abuja, my mum 's pastor in Ekiti while d mummy in Lagos
So my brother, next time, always seek d face of God in whatsoever dealings u know might have any impact on u be it negatively or positively...
What is this one saying
Re: Should We Move Out? by moscobabs(m): 8:55pm On Dec 08, 2016
otunbaa:

Bro its well with you , only God knows the root of your predicament I will advise u to beliv in him.

Let me quickly share my own experience with you in June 2015 I parked to 2 bedroom flat ( I built it with my own money o ) a month after I got a job thats beta than my present job meanwhile my wife Is a banker, we tot God has done a great thing for us for giving me better job after a month of psrking to our house. the problem started on October the same year when my wife decided to take bike from office to house, when the Okada got to the front of the house my wife wanted to come down frm the bike and behold as she steped on the soil her leg broke ( I mean fracture not dislocation o) like play she couldn't stand up again the okada man and everybody around were just surprise cos there is no hole or gutter where she put leg .they rushed her to the hospital and the doctor confirmed is fracture that the two bones have broken , the doctor directed us to another hospital ..

we r now in the forth hospital now since 14 months ago my wife has not been walking well o.

me too leta resigned from my job since there was nobody to stay with her and the company has decided to cut our salary as dollar was affecting the company . I resigned in February this yr and I just got new job in October.

bro it remained small for me to sell my car and other properties to take care of my family but I thank God everything is getting to normal now.

Bro ....
what responsible for my predicament?

only God knows what human being don't know let just beliv in God and we shall overcome someday.

Before the year end bro.

Your story will change.

1 Like

Re: Should We Move Out? by chiraqDemon(m): 8:59pm On Dec 08, 2016
Have u ever noticed anything strange?
Flickering lights or objects shifting without explanation

Runs into your house later at night
Man the emf levels in your house are spiking
I think its a ghost

Do u believe in ghosts?

Gotta find out where the labourer's bones ar3 buried
We gotta salt n burn em
Stay within the salt circle
Ghosts cant pass thru salt
Re: Should We Move Out? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Dec 08, 2016
There's this compound close to my house that it's occupants where held in bondage for years until they got delivered by God.They never new the landlord put a totoise in the GP water tank they drink from because the tank has never been washed.

Unfortunately for the landlord,my security man was washing my tanks and his tennants asked if he could equally assist them in washing theirs which he agreed after they offered him some money.

Lo and behold,as he went into the tank,he came out with a big totois,as we were deliberating on what to do to it,the landlord rushed in;and was panting profusely begg
Re: Should We Move Out? by iboboyswag(m): 9:03pm On Dec 08, 2016
otunbaa:

Mr Otunbaa, I commiserate with you and your fiancée on this challenge. I would also want to use this opportunity to encourage you.... There is no situation that has a beginning that doesn't have an end.

I also want you to disregard some very insensitive comments, some of them have not walked in your shoes yet they have an opinion. They don't understand what it means to lose a very good job in your prime and thus would talk of lack money management skills. It is the dog that has not been on a hunt that brags the most of what it is capable of doing when faced with a prey.

I want you to carefully examine your life and that of your fiancée (spiritually) and then look closely at the accommodation without biase.

I was in a similar situation - two buildings same compound, same landlord, one is old the other new. I moved from the new (after 2 yrs of staying there with good progress) to the old because it was more of an upgrade from 2bd to 3bd inclusive of amazing facilities within.

The effect of that decision was very severe (I lost my job, my unborn son at 8 months, was thrown into serious debt....) and if not for Gods' grace and family I was almost begging to feed, same thing had happened to the guy (constantly failing business including travelling to China for over a year and returning empty handed) who was occupying the place before me but at that time I didn't have a cause to suspect a foul play, we all attributed it to the economy.

The grace of God caused a very dear friend to encourage me and him to go into prayers and in the course of our prayers that spanned a couple of weeks, it was revealed that the house was where the hindrance was coming from, the responsible party was not the landlord but one of the numerous people who he had hired and fired in the course of building the house (my landlord is very thrifty with his workers). Prayers were made, confirmations sorted and gotten and I can proudly tell you today that I have overcomed.

Note I still stay in the apartment and making progress. So I encourage you to take my experience and let it guide you as it can be best applied to your situation.

My mentor used to say that when he shares his experience with me, he is letting me live with him that part of his life seeing that I can't experience it all but I can draw from his and make it mine, that way I still learn.

Be of good cheer brother!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should We Move Out? by toocoded: 9:04pm On Dec 08, 2016
Jeez! What are you guys waiting for Oya alele! Just make sure y'all pray about it so that it doesn't become a "fry pan to fire" case. Holy spirit help you bro.
Re: Should We Move Out? by toocoded: 9:06pm On Dec 08, 2016
snappyicee:
heartless
Lolzzzzz....the guy was just giving an advice nah grin
Re: Should We Move Out? by sonnie10: 9:07pm On Dec 08, 2016
chiraqDemon:
Have u ever noticed anything strange?
Flickering lights or objects shifting without explanation

Runs into your house later at night
Man the emf levels in your house are spiking
I think its a ghost

Do u believe in ghosts?

Gotta find out where the labourer's bones ar3 buried
We gotta salt n burn em
Stay within the salt circle
Ghosts cant pass thru salt

Salted circle is just a physical representation of boundary between the mundane and the spiritual. Kind of a place of fusion of the two worlds
Re: Should We Move Out? by ikorodureporta: 9:08pm On Dec 08, 2016
Seun doz nt biliv in all ths...
Re: Should We Move Out? by kaybills(m): 9:12pm On Dec 08, 2016
Richy4:

Bro.... Based on what you have posted above, I just have to conclude that you don't know much about Financial planning and wealth management...I would have given you some tips but it might be really boring to you and a waste of my time because you were not paying for it.. wink

But hey, I will not hold that against you because you might be a professional in Engineering or Architecture...and when you happens to bring a house plan and ask me to take a look,...I might just look and smile like a simpleton because I don't know what to do with it...

I have to reassure you that Bill Gate or any rich man on this planet could be in a financial mess if he/she does not invest wisely....It is really very simple to loose money..
so easy for you to say its financial impropriety cos you're not in those shoes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos To Create More Islands To Curb Land Scarcity / Story Of How I Finally Got My Apartment !!! / Cost Of Rent In Edo State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.