Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,882 members, 7,810,379 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:58 AM

Demi Gods Hijack Abia PDP LGA Primaries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Demi Gods Hijack Abia PDP LGA Primaries (7777 Views)

Politicsyou Are Servants, Not Demi-gods – Shehu Sani Tells Northerners In Power / Abia PDP Factional chair, exco decamp to APC / "SARS Officials Shoot Man Dead In Bodo City & Hijack Ballot Boxes" (Graphic Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Demi Gods Hijack Abia PDP LGA Primaries by Aguoru122: 4:29pm On Dec 06, 2016
By Ikeanna Elkino Anya

The outcome of the PDP Local Government Election primaries in Abia State pulls my thought strings awkwardly. In a few local government areas it was done without skirmishes while in some it was heralded by godfatherism, violence, terrorism, death and carnage.

I had expected a more democratic process across board going by the trials and challenges the Ikpeazu administration had faced since inception..if not for any reason..to prove a point that it could with the required political will steer away from the rhetoric that characterised it..that which has to do with legitimacy and trust.

In Umuahia North there were obvious manipulations and outright imposition. A case of choosing a lame duck that will bend to the whims and caprices of the “demi-gods”.
The aspirants wouldn’t care or regret money spent if whomever emerges at the end did so in a transparent process.

In Ikwuano i observed as they all stood up to challenge and out-rightly reject another ‘demi god’.
In Isiala Ngwa its was a different ball game as lives were lost in the process..and i ask why?
Which sane person gets so desperate to engineer remotely or otherwise the death of those he or she wants to lead?
I am yet to see or hear the State government condemn strongly what happened or even let the law bear on it as it should.
These few incidents does not restore confidence neither does it engender goodwill.

The Abia State government can’t afford to open its ranks from within because that is where the war is either lost or won from. The LGA elections has been vehemently advocated for in the past 8 years.
I used several programs on radio to drive advocacy for it…i used every opportunity i had to interview Sen. T.A. Orji (Ochendo) to ask that question that was obviously followed with a promise that never materialised.

Now its here and i must indicate that the process wasn’t what the people wanted. They wanted to be more involved in choosing their mayors and Councillors. They didn’t want demi-gods who by antecedents cant even win elections in their polling units to hand pick their goons to represent the masses. That is not what they wanted.
The enthusiasm that greeted the announcement by government that the elections would hold this December has been replaced by a foreboding that will take more than a miracle to erase. Does it accentuate the questions of legitimacy and trust?..sure it does!
Have hopes been dashed of a detour from the past?….surely!
Can this administration redeem itself and gain peoples confidence?…yes it can!

The Ikpeazu i know is smart, articulate, progressive, transparent and pragmatic.

However, some of the men who are around him..i cant vouch for…they were the major problems of Ochendo's administration and are the major problem of Ikpeazu’s administration. Do away with them…send them on a political exile..and assuredly things will begin to take shape. Let them stay and we might just be on an endless spiral.

Ikeanna Elkino Anya, Writes from United States Of America
OAP,CEO/Creative Director at Figure 8 Media.
http://www.abnews247.com/?p=16518

Re: Demi Gods Hijack Abia PDP LGA Primaries by Nobody: 4:37pm On Dec 06, 2016
My brother it was the same case in my Local govt. where a particular guy because of his closeness to the governor hijacked the primaries and gave to his younger brother while he himself is eyeing house of rep in 2019

1 Like

Re: Demi Gods Hijack Abia PDP LGA Primaries by HolyHero: 4:43pm On Dec 06, 2016
it a normal thing in Nigeria.. did you find it strange?
Re: Demi Gods Hijack Abia PDP LGA Primaries by herzern1(m): 7:53am On Dec 07, 2016
This is just the inception of numerous deaths in PDP household.

They will continue to die,all PDP members,their admirers,and their supporters will never know peace.

The blood of innocent Niqerians killed as a result of hunqer,Insurqency,Elections will continue to haunt that useless Party.

8 Likes

Re: Demi Gods Hijack Abia PDP LGA Primaries by Nutase: 7:54am On Dec 07, 2016
grin

1 Like

Re: Demi Gods Hijack Abia PDP LGA Primaries by Emmyginger(m): 7:55am On Dec 07, 2016
Demi gods?

1 Like

Re: Demi Gods Hijack Abia PDP LGA Primaries by Nobody: 7:57am On Dec 07, 2016
Just like hon. nnenna ukeji hijacked that of Bende local govt

Anyway impunity always characterised PDP
Re: Demi Gods Hijack Abia PDP LGA Primaries by martyns303(m): 7:58am On Dec 07, 2016
Demi gods?
Re: Demi Gods Hijack Abia PDP LGA Primaries by zeusdgrt(m): 8:00am On Dec 07, 2016
E too early abeg
Re: Demi Gods Hijack Abia PDP LGA Primaries by BALLOSKI: 8:01am On Dec 07, 2016
Yeye party

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Demi Gods Hijack Abia PDP LGA Primaries by mgbedianya(m): 8:02am On Dec 07, 2016
Abia My dear State. There were no PDP Primaries in Abia. Hooha!
Re: Demi Gods Hijack Abia PDP LGA Primaries by JesusmyGod1: 8:03am On Dec 07, 2016
lol
Re: Demi Gods Hijack Abia PDP LGA Primaries by billyG(m): 8:03am On Dec 07, 2016
useless party make Apc show them pepper!

1 Like

Re: Demi Gods Hijack Abia PDP LGA Primaries by Nobody: 8:05am On Dec 07, 2016
jose556:

Very unfortunate
she gave it to her brother

Bearing the same surname with her

Pdp and impunity are inseparable
Re: Demi Gods Hijack Abia PDP LGA Primaries by Nobody: 8:05am On Dec 07, 2016
Lol ll grin
Re: Demi Gods Hijack Abia PDP LGA Primaries by clevadani: 8:06am On Dec 07, 2016
Lol izz e nor Pdp again?
Wouldn't expect anything less.
Re: Demi Gods Hijack Abia PDP LGA Primaries by Nobody: 8:06am On Dec 07, 2016
U really don't give a Bleep about any party

U just say ur mind anytime any day
herzern1:

They will continue to die,all PDP members,their admirers,and their supporters will never know peace.

The blood of innocent Niqerians killed as a result of hunqer,Insurqency,Elections will continue to haunt that useless Party.

Re: Demi Gods Hijack Abia PDP LGA Primaries by otukpo(f): 8:13am On Dec 07, 2016
There is nothing we wont hear in this country.
Re: Demi Gods Hijack Abia PDP LGA Primaries by richidinho(m): 8:17am On Dec 07, 2016
grin
Re: Demi Gods Hijack Abia PDP LGA Primaries by sakalisis(m): 8:17am On Dec 07, 2016
Re: Demi Gods Hijack Abia PDP LGA Primaries by Mentcee(m): 8:18am On Dec 07, 2016
herzern1:

Very very stupidd and silly talk.

I thought your were wise!

1 Like

Re: Demi Gods Hijack Abia PDP LGA Primaries by cosmatika(m): 8:18am On Dec 07, 2016
Same thing happened in my own local government area, Isuikwuato. Someone, who was the people's choice was announced as the winner at the local govt, by the time they got to umuahia, we heard a different result. Ikpu-azu is a product of rigging, so it's expected

2 Likes

Re: Demi Gods Hijack Abia PDP LGA Primaries by herzern1(m): 8:23am On Dec 07, 2016
lustychima:
U really don't give a Bleep about any party

U just say ur mind anytime any day

I don't really GAF about Political parties or their unyieldinq political ideoloqy.

I am an advocate for a Better Niqeria.

2 Likes

Re: Demi Gods Hijack Abia PDP LGA Primaries by jerryfisher(m): 8:25am On Dec 07, 2016
herzern1:

just a matter of time u will say the same abt APC
Re: Demi Gods Hijack Abia PDP LGA Primaries by MrigweC(m): 8:38am On Dec 07, 2016
The only thing I owe abia state is to pray for them gov ikpeazu to me is dull, not radical and visionless
Re: Demi Gods Hijack Abia PDP LGA Primaries by ransomed: 8:44am On Dec 07, 2016
By their fruits you shall know them i.e Godfatherism, Violence, killing, terrorism and carnage .
Re: Demi Gods Hijack Abia PDP LGA Primaries by Titheman(m): 8:52am On Dec 07, 2016
thats why that particular state with so many productive resources is still backward...since the days of PPA when orji uzor kanu's mother was making the choice of leaders in her bedroom..
Orji Uzor installed T A Orji his personal Puppet-----T A Orji betrayed him and his party, defected to PDP installed Ikpeazu and ran to the senate to enjoy some immunity...Orji Uzor joined APC to fight back
Re: Demi Gods Hijack Abia PDP LGA Primaries by Dinocarex(m): 9:03am On Dec 07, 2016
That's why I always say.. The problem is not with 'Nigeria' the problem is her people - The Nigerians irrespective of wherever you come from!
What does it take to allow the people choose from themselves who will be their councilors and Mayors?
Re: Demi Gods Hijack Abia PDP LGA Primaries by Dinocarex(m): 9:04am On Dec 07, 2016
MrigweC:
The only thing I owe abia state is to pray for them gov ikpeazu to me is dull, not radical and visionless
He can only do what is within his power. The person ruling Abia is in the Senate. Ikpeazu is just a figure head. I know you know that!!

1 Like

Re: Demi Gods Hijack Abia PDP LGA Primaries by brexit: 9:44am On Dec 07, 2016
Who on earth foolishly advised the governor to conduct LGA election?PDP at all levels is dying and will still die more primarily due to lack of internal democracy and imposition of candidates,there are more enemies in Abia PDP now than ever.They have created a good opportunity for APC to take over the state and i know Orji Uzor cannot toy with this opening though many PDP members had already decided to leave,truth is very bitter.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dasuki: Court Grants Protection For Fg’s Witnesses / Airport Closure: Enugu Govt To Provide Palliative Measures For Air Travelers / Constitution Amendment: APC Plans Screening Of Ministerial Nominees, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.