Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Demi Gods Hijack Abia PDP LGA Primaries - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Demi Gods Hijack Abia PDP LGA Primaries (7784 Views)

Politicsyou Are Servants, Not Demi-gods – Shehu Sani Tells Northerners In Power / Abia PDP Factional chair, exco decamp to APC / "SARS Officials Shoot Man Dead In Bodo City & Hijack Ballot Boxes" (Graphic Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Demi Gods Hijack Abia PDP LGA Primaries by liongirl: 9:47am On Dec 07, 2016
the worst now is that they dumped the original ABSIEC ward chairmen and are using the INEC ward chairmen who has noting to do in delivering the counsellors showing that the results have been written
Aguoru122:
By Ikeanna Elkino Anya

The outcome of the PDP Local Government Election primaries in Abia State pulls my thought strings awkwardly. In a few local government areas it was done without skirmishes while in some it was heralded by godfatherism, violence, terrorism, death and carnage.

I had expected a more democratic process across board going by the trials and challenges the Ikpeazu administration had faced since inception..if not for any reason..to prove a point that it could with the required political will steer away from the rhetoric that characterised it..that which has to do with legitimacy and trust.

In Umuahia North there were obvious manipulations and outright imposition. A case of choosing a lame duck that will bend to the whims and caprices of the “demi-gods”.
The aspirants wouldn’t care or regret money spent if whomever emerges at the end did so in a transparent process.

In Ikwuano i observed as they all stood up to challenge and out-rightly reject another ‘demi god’.
In Isiala Ngwa its was a different ball game as lives were lost in the process..and i ask why?
Which sane person gets so desperate to engineer remotely or otherwise the death of those he or she wants to lead?
I am yet to see or hear the State government condemn strongly what happened or even let the law bear on it as it should.
These few incidents does not restore confidence neither does it engender goodwill.

The Abia State government can’t afford to open its ranks from within because that is where the war is either lost or won from. The LGA elections has been vehemently advocated for in the past 8 years.
I used several programs on radio to drive advocacy for it…i used every opportunity i had to interview Sen. T.A. Orji (Ochendo) to ask that question that was obviously followed with a promise that never materialised.

Now its here and i must indicate that the process wasn’t what the people wanted. They wanted to be more involved in choosing their mayors and Councillors. They didn’t want demi-gods who by antecedents cant even win elections in their polling units to hand pick their goons to represent the masses. That is not what they wanted.
The enthusiasm that greeted the announcement by government that the elections would hold this December has been replaced by a foreboding that will take more than a miracle to erase. Does it accentuate the questions of legitimacy and trust?..sure it does!
Have hopes been dashed of a detour from the past?….surely!
Can this administration redeem itself and gain peoples confidence?…yes it can!

The Ikpeazu i know is smart, articulate, progressive, transparent and pragmatic.

However, some of the men who are around him..i cant vouch for…they were the major problems of Ochendo's administration and are the major problem of Ikpeazu’s administration. Do away with them…send them on a political exile..and assuredly things will begin to take shape. Let them stay and we might just be on an endless spiral.

Ikeanna Elkino Anya, Writes from United States Of America
OAP,CEO/Creative Director at Figure 8 Media.
http://www.abnews247.com/?p=16518

(1) (2) (Reply)

INEC Won’t Escape With Rigging 2019 Elections: Secondus / Airport Closure: Enugu Govt To Provide Palliative Measures For Air Travelers / Over 2300 APC Members Defect To PDP In Sokoto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.