Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:59 AM

Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer (48954 Views)

Dara Oladosu Accepts Twitter Job Offer, Meets Jack Dorsey / Bill Gates Says He's 'heartbroken' By The Death Of His Microsoft Cofounder / ₦26 Trillion Net, Mark Zuckerberg And Wife Pictured On The Street Of California (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by teebillz: 7:46pm On Dec 06, 2016
beautyerhu86:
When you have a $25, 000 cheque, then you can turn down Bill Gates offer. Hmmmmmm someone like me will accept the offer and continue with my website; that's the Nigerian spirit ohhhhhhh.

You look cool. Are you a woman in tech?
Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by Mayflowa(m): 7:47pm On Dec 06, 2016
beautyerhu86:
When you have a $25, 000 cheque, then you can turn down Bill Gates offer. Hmmmmmm someone like me will accept the offer and continue with my website; that's the Nigerian spirit ohhhhhhh.

$25k? This is peanut compare to over $250k+ that he reap from Microsoft annually and still get to do his internship website. He lacks negotiation skills. He could negotiate with Bill gate that he would in addition to his job be maintaining charitable service in Africa as a way of giving back. I know he is good but so many people in Microsoft are better than him and he had the opportunity to learn how to run a big cooperation.

When will he even be richer than Seun? We are talking about knowing how to build billion dollar tech company. Such a bad decision he made!

1 Like

Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by macaranta(m): 7:49pm On Dec 06, 2016
He tried... But I'm actually disappointed by what he turned down the job to go work on.Just another job website.
Best of luck to him

1 Like

Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by Mayflowa(m): 7:50pm On Dec 06, 2016
LesbianBoy:
Una dey whine am now!

*he has guts*

*when you know your worth*

Hope his yeye business will be as big as dangote's business not to talk of bill gates own in the future! Rubbish! angry

You never mention Seun of Nairaland and Linda Ikeji. You dey talk of Dangote
Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by macaranta(m): 7:52pm On Dec 06, 2016
Mayflowa:

$25k? This is peanut compare to over $250k+ that he reap from Microsoft annually and still get to do his internship website. He lacks negotiation skills. He could negotiate with Bill gate that he would in addition to his job be maintaining charitable service in Africa as a way of giving back. I know he is good but so many people in Microsoft are better than him and he had the opportunity to learn how to run a big cooperation.

When will he even be richer than Seun? We are talking about knowing how to build billion dollar tech company. Such a bad decision he made!

Thank you my brother for seeing it the way I see it. He is not working on a special tech start up, a job website can be set up in a jiffy and won't require more than max 3 hours a day of maintenance. He has lost the opportunity to swim with the big fishes and learn more than just another jobbermanish "blog". Such a terrible decision

1 Like

Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by Greedgod: 7:56pm On Dec 06, 2016
Did God do a bad thing picking this boy's cal ? What wil this boy tell his children 20years time? Shud the average man reject a job in chevron for a business idea? Na bad tin to have a job and a side biz? Y does the spirit of yakubu dwell in some youths ? Baba God pick up .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by alt3r3g0: 7:58pm On Dec 06, 2016
My favourite moments were watching his reaction after I told him I turned down job offers from Microsoft and the likes to pursue something more defining for me

Misleading title. He got offers from microsoft...not that Bill gates himself made him an offer personally.

1 Like

Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by Mayflowa(m): 8:02pm On Dec 06, 2016
macaranta:

Thank you my brother for seeing it the way I see it. He is not working on a special tech start up, a job website can be set up in a jiffy and won't require more than max 3 hours a day of maintenance. He has lost the opportunity to swim with the big fishes and learn more than just another jobbermanish "blog". Such a terrible decision

That is the worst decision ever to be made by human. Na body dey catch am. Wetin he know. Website design. I may even be better than him. He never see witch coder. Bill gate was just thrill that a young African did very well and wanted to give him opportunity to excel

1 Like

Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by abohwun(m): 8:03pm On Dec 06, 2016
compressordaf:
yeye
why call him yeye
Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by googlepikins: 8:03pm On Dec 06, 2016
edlion57:
nigeria get brains ooo but the problem is dat na only the brainless ones der rule us
anytime you say that I remember Buhari.
Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by dreezybines: 8:07pm On Dec 06, 2016
Toosure70:
Thanks to afonja university for raising flat head children rightly. Proudly odua universities

Dude you fall my hand gan ooo...

Sorry to say no sense in your post at all...
Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by macaranta(m): 8:18pm On Dec 06, 2016
Mayflowa:

That is the worst decision ever to be made by human. Na body dey catch am. Wetin he know. Website design. I may even be better than him. He never see witch coder. Bill gate was just thrill that a young African did very well and wanted to give him opportunity to excel

He lost a great platform to shine,he doesn't know it yet. Arrogance and naivety is at work in him.

1 Like

Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by Nobody: 8:18pm On Dec 06, 2016
I knew it.. Somebody that's like me existed.. Even before me...
Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by dreezybines: 8:21pm On Dec 06, 2016
Mayflowa:

Everybody looks, But not everybody sees...

He must Have seen something in is tech we all can't see...

He has a vision...

Working under Microsoft might hinder hinder him from achieving is goal...

Hope you grab my point sir...

1 Like

Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by AdeniyiA(m): 8:27pm On Dec 06, 2016
ritababe:

bill gate is no longer the richest man in the world
This is a problem we have among Nigerians...
You opposed/attacked his point but failed to provide the supposed correct alternative...undecided
Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by Originalsly: 8:39pm On Dec 06, 2016
Hmmm...emancipate yourself from mental slavery..... guy is a free guy. Why must he be an employee when he is already an employer? ...and his company is growing?... very soon Gates would be looking to by out his company.
Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by 4tune490(m): 8:46pm On Dec 06, 2016
Igbo boiz with gut. Nice one bro you can do it
Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by Nobody: 8:49pm On Dec 06, 2016
beautyerhu86:
continue with your website? what if you are tied to a never ending contract stating that you do no other job or ventures including your own and other companies, Mr Gates people are not dumb you know? they will make sure the kid does nothing except work for Gates.
Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by anonymous20: 8:51pm On Dec 06, 2016
nice move young man.if u dont build your dreams someone else will hire you to build theirs.Madmen will one day rule the world.Some people are just too dumb all in d name of realism
Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by millionboi(m): 8:56pm On Dec 06, 2016
megrimor:
This boy's village people are very very strong
hahaha.....No b small ooo
Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by gbagyiza: 9:00pm On Dec 06, 2016
wizzybro10:
Dis guy get mind oooo

Its not about getting mind, its about discovering himself.. Once u r able to discover urself nobody can stop u ..I left a multinational company after discovery my giving potential to start something challenging for myself, despite all d effort they put to persuade me to stay i said No...2 day , d rest is history....
Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by Odinz(m): 9:07pm On Dec 06, 2016
I love this guy, never let any one or any job interfere with your dreams. vision
Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by Philadelphia: 9:14pm On Dec 06, 2016
Where are NCAN members when you need then the most?
Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by Btruth: 9:16pm On Dec 06, 2016
When you realize that what God has deposited in you is even more than that of 10 Bill Gates.

Attah boy! The Lord will see you through your dream for Africa. But please, be very very close to God oooo, because those wicked people in the darkness of Africa doesn't like anyone with your mindset.

Shalom!
Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by ogbonti: 9:20pm On Dec 06, 2016
A bird in hand is worth one billion in the bush. I am a US trained MBA and I can tell you right away that this boy goofed big time. If he was inventing something that he already got a part payment for, maybe a million dollars upfront, then I will congratulate him on his decisions. Guys, do you know how many business ideas look great one paper, super at presentations and hailed as the next wonder of the world but really did not see the light of day when they are made to compete with existing ones in the their specific industry? So he passed on a great opportunity to build his net worth and network over a business he is running online with a sea of competitors? HR website? recruitment? Does he know how many Indians and Europeans run that stuff online as of today? even here in the US with all IT network Infrastructure, HR online recruitment firms are a dime a dozen. If he wants to recruit workers to come work in the USA, he is dreaming, because this Trump victory is putting the locks of H-1B visa applications on companies. With Nigeria in a recession and almost non existent dollarization of the economy, I can shoot and tell you he made a bad move here. I see this as a KANU/ORUMA lessons learnt all over again

KANU and ORUMA went to RC Lens F.C. of France and Ajax F.C. of Holland for trials, after they both won the Japan'93 U-17 world cup. Kanu returned to Iwuanyanwu Nationale to keep playing but Oruma did not want to return to Bendel Insurance.(*****HASTY DECISION******) He took the bait from Lens and signed a slave contract all in his bid to bear the name PRO... and collect a few thousand dollars. One month later, Ajax requested for both players, and Kanu signed a better contract with Chief Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu praying for the boy for blessing his club. The rest is history. Under 18 months, Kanu as a regular player has won Dutch League Shield, Dutch FA Cup, European Champions League Cup, FIFA world club cup...as a regular player for Ajax Amsterdam, while Oruma was struggling in RC Lens Team B.

LESSON OF LIFE - NEVER SHUT THE DOORS TO OPPORTUNITY AND ALWAYS WEIGH YOUR OPTIONS... telling Bill Gates flat out NO, was the most stupid decision made by any African living in Africa..... I dont care if your papa na IBB.

WHY not tell Bill Gates to wait for a year so you can close some commitments and then join Microsoft once you finish up? That way you will have enough time to evaluate things and see where your pet project will go? and also have his complimentary card and keep communicating with him? THAT WAY, IF THE NEW COMPANY FAILS, YOU STILL STAND A CHANCE TO WORK FOR MICROSOFT, BUT IF IT SUCCEEDS, YOU CAN TELL BILL GATES, THANKS.. BUT I AM DOING GREAT NOW, I DONT THINK I CAN TAKE YOUR JOB.. HE WILL RESPECT YOU FOR THAT... IF THIS STORY IS TRUE, EVERYONE LEARN FROM IT. Going back to work, I work for JP Morgan Chase... have a good day Mr. ENTREPRENEUR!

4 Likes

Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by oluwalfa: 9:21pm On Dec 06, 2016
mumu

1 Like

Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by Nobody: 9:24pm On Dec 06, 2016
edlion57:
nigeria get brains ooo but the problem is dat na only the brainless ones der rule us

For example..
Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by Charly68: 9:27pm On Dec 06, 2016
Bless you guy,who knows you may be the next " Bill Gate" of your generation. Brilliant mind can't afford to enslave his destiny. You are very visionary.
Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by Imagineers: 10:00pm On Dec 06, 2016
It is more rewarding to be a big man in a small place than to be a small man in a big place. You can be fired anytime you know, but who is going to fire you in your own business?
Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by Mayflowa(m): 10:20pm On Dec 06, 2016
dreezybines:

Everybody looks, But not everybody sees...

He must Have seen something in is tech we all can't see...

He has a vision...

Working under Microsoft might hinder hinder him from achieving is goal...

Hope you grab my point sir...

First, we don't even have the infrastructure to support huge tech company. Is there light, is there speed internet? If he needed to serve Nigeria, working as a Microsoft could land him Ministerial job in telecomms, IT and Science and Technology
Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by Mayflowa(m): 10:30pm On Dec 06, 2016
ogbonti:
A bird in hand is worth one billion in the bush. I am a US trained MBA and I can tell you right away that this boy goofed big time. If he was inventing something that he already got a part payment for, maybe a million dollars upfront, then I will congratulate him on his decisions. Guys, do you know how many business ideas look great one paper, super at presentations and hailed as the next wonder of the world but really did not see the light of day when they are made to compete with existing ones in the their specific industry? So he passed on a great opportunity to build his net worth and network over a business he is running online with a sea of competitors? HR website? recruitment? Does he know how many Indians and Europeans run that stuff online as of today? even here in the US with all IT network Infrastructure, HR online recruitment firms are a dime a dozen. If he wants to recruit workers to come work in the USA, he is dreaming, because this Trump victory is putting the locks of H-1B visa applications on companies. With Nigeria in a recession and almost non existent dollarization of the economy, I can shoot and tell you he made a bad move here. I see this as a KANU/ORUMA lessons learnt all over again

KANU and ORUMA went to RC Lens F.C. of France and Ajax F.C. of Holland for trials, after they both won the Japan'93 U-17 world cup. Kanu returned to Iwuanyanwu Nationale to keep playing but Oruma did not want to return to Bendel Insurance.(*****HASTY DECISION******) He took the bait from Lens and signed a slave contract all in his bid to bear the name PRO... and collect a few thousand dollars. One month later, Ajax requested for both players, and Kanu signed a better contract with Chief Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu praying for the boy for blessing his club. The rest is history. Under 18 months, Kanu as a regular player has won Dutch League Shield, Dutch FA Cup, European Champions League Cup, FIFA world club cup...as a regular player for Ajax Amsterdam, while Oruma was struggling in RC Lens Team B.

LESSON OF LIFE - NEVER SHUT THE DOORS TO OPPORTUNITY AND ALWAYS WEIGH YOUR OPTIONS... telling Bill Gates flat out NO, was the most stupid decision made by any African living in Africa..... I dont care if your papa na IBB.

WHY not tell Bill Gates to wait for a year so you can close some commitments and then join Microsoft once you finish up? That way you will have enough time to evaluate things and see where your pet project will go? and also have his complimentary card and keep communicating with him? THAT WAY, IF THE NEW COMPANY FAILS, YOU STILL STAND A CHANCE TO WORK FOR MICROSOFT, BUT IF IT SUCCEEDS, YOU CAN TELL BILL GATES, THANKS.. BUT I AM DOING GREAT NOW, I DONT THINK I CAN TAKE YOUR JOB.. HE WILL RESPECT YOU FOR THAT... IF THIS STORY IS TRUE, EVERYONE LEARN FROM IT. Going back to work, I work for JP Morgan Chase... have a good day Mr. ENTREPRENEUR!

Thank you my friend. I have dissed the little boy since over that decision. You wanna do business where there are no infratural support and no venture capitalist over stupid HR website a 6 yrs can do.

I have since high school students in tech marathons in Silicon valleys do wonder in 48 hrs from scratch. Does he even think he merited Microsoft job. Bill Gate just wanted to help and develop him. Small boy! Smh
Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by abiodunraji774(m): 10:30pm On Dec 06, 2016
DoyenExchange:
The sky is his stepping stone....
Lolz.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Webmasters, Showcase Your Projects Here / Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng / Saad Abdulganiy Built A House In Ilorin (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.