Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer - Webmasters (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer (48978 Views)

Dara Oladosu Accepts Twitter Job Offer, Meets Jack Dorsey / Bill Gates Says He's 'heartbroken' By The Death Of His Microsoft Cofounder / ₦26 Trillion Net, Mark Zuckerberg And Wife Pictured On The Street Of California (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by Successobed(m): 10:42pm On Dec 06, 2016
CoolFreeday:
when you know your worth.....
which ode worth?, abeg keep shut jare, let's just hope he doesn't come to regret this dumb decision in the coming years.. ...

2 Likes

Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by Nobody: 10:48pm On Dec 06, 2016
Successobed:
which ode worth?, abeg keep shut jare, let's just hope he doesn't come to regret this dumb decision in the coming years.. ...

I hope he can keep focus and go on with what made reject the job offer in the first place. You make it sound as if working in Microsoft is d greatest deal, don't forget Bill Gates started somewhere too. Let the young man be and fulfil his own personal dream.
Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by ogbonti: 11:09pm On Dec 06, 2016
Successobed:

Dont mind him. You think Bill Gates na naija man u will go stand in his gate and start waiting to beg him, e pe le Sir, I am that man you wanted to help 20 years ago, now I cant even eat roasted Boli and ground nut. Take every opportunity, or if you cant, defer it... dont shut the door!

1 Like

Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by qualityalone: 11:25pm On Dec 06, 2016
OP point of correction he graduated from Nnamdi Azikiwe university. Infact, we all graduated together..He was a guru even then in school.
Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by Gudugudu(m): 3:37am On Dec 07, 2016
Nice but to me nah publicity stunt jare
Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by Nobody: 6:39am On Dec 07, 2016
I can only wish this young man all the very best,he's definitely going places.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by psalmsjob: 7:45am On Dec 07, 2016
AlexCk:
Intelligent and smart!

#perfect
Not quite perfect my brother/sister! Working at Microsoft will add more value to what he thinks he knows even if it's for a year then resign to start up his own. I think the $25,000 he won in 2014 made turn down the job offer in 2016/afterwards and pride made him believe in his ability more than gaining experience and experience they say is the best teacher. You got to be an apprentice for some days to become a master one day.
Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by triggerhqppy: 8:38am On Dec 07, 2016
Hey Download the Jumia app and enjoy the convienience of buying products on your android quick and easy, Go to the PlayStore today - http:///2g10k13

Are you tired of your old phone? Do you want to suprise your spouse or friend with a new phone? do you want something new at decently slashed prices? follow the link and enjoy Jumia's endless list of phones at reduced rates now, limited offers
http:///2gxqVkr

Last Offer - Do you ant general discounts on products? shop with Jumia today.
http:///2gHU7rc

UP TO 21% DISCOUNT EVERYONE
Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by wealth231(m): 9:03am On Dec 07, 2016
We waiting
Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by Leke001: 9:23am On Dec 07, 2016
turn down a job offer from Microsoft?....aaagh!
Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by Amira123(f): 9:51am On Dec 07, 2016
megrimor:
This boy's village people are very very strong
Poverty mentality!.. phew!
The guy knows what he's worth and what he aims on achieving.
U ma self, u own village people don tie u down tey tey. U wey never cross naija... Mtchew!
Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by Nobody: 10:03am On Dec 07, 2016
I would take the job and build mine simultaneously.
When I am stable enough with my experience and money at Microsoft, I'd resign and face my own.

I believe in learning from the master.
Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by DrRiley(m): 10:04am On Dec 07, 2016
xGun:
Respect!
Bill Gate will surely have a sleepless night
lol
Bill Gate won't oO,i actually have a friend whose uncle worked at Microsoft for over ten years before he decided to leave Microsoft and start his own merchandise and he told us that bill Gates actually encouraged him.
What I'm saying is that Bill Gate actually loves challenge and likes to see young people with big dreams unlike most of our billionaires in our country.
Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by esperon25: 10:28am On Dec 07, 2016
And who was Mark Zuckerberg's master before he founded Facebook? If 'The Muses' have given Chris Kwekowe the vision, he should jolly well execute it. He's found his niche and he's pursuing it with passion. What's more to want?

"Blessed is the man who has found his work; let him ask no other blessedness" - Thomas Carlyle

psalmsjob:

Not quite perfect my brother/sister! Working at Microsoft will add more value to what he thinks he knows even if it's for a year then resign to start up his own. I think the $25,000 he won in 2014 made turn down the job offer in 2016/afterwards and pride made him believe in his ability more than gaining experience and experience they say is the best teacher. You got to be an apprentice for some days to become a master one day.
Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by esperon25: 10:43am On Dec 07, 2016
Well, what if he's the master of his niche, and doesn't need to be mastered? Maybe he needs to 'master' others instead.
I think we all have that gem of intrinsic capability, that we need discover, hone and with which we become master in our own right. But unfortunately, we'd rather chase money and 'chop belleful" smiley.

mordtonia:
I would take the job and build mine simultaneously.
When I am stable enough with my experience and money at Microsoft, I'd resign and face my own.

I believe in learning from the master.
Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by Nobody: 10:52am On Dec 07, 2016
esperon25:
Well, what if he's the master of his niche, and doesn't need to be mastered? Maybe he needs to 'master' others instead.
I think we all have that gem of intrinsic capability, that we need discover, hone and with which we become master in our own right. But unfortunately, we'd rather chase money and 'chop belleful" smiley.

You're getting me wrong.
I would work with Bill Gates for free just to spend some time learning from the best. Then I'd build mine to be even better than his. But we are all different, goodluck to the Lad.
Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by psalmsjob: 11:50am On Dec 07, 2016
esperon25:
And who was Mark Zuckerberg's master before he founded Facebook? If 'The Muses' have given Chris Kwekowe the vision, he should jolly well execute it. He's found his niche and he's pursuing it with passion. What's more to want?

"Blessed is the man who has found his work; let him ask no other blessedness" - Thomas Carlyle

I don't think Mark Zuckerberg got an offer from Microsoft and do you think if this your Chris guy accepted the offer to work at Microsoft it will deny him the opportunity to pursue his dream afterwards? And I'm sure he learnt what he now knows from someone/somewhere. Pride goes before a fall.
Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by einsteine(m): 7:45pm On Dec 07, 2016
ritababe:

no, a man from Spain, check Google

Ortega was only the richest man for a few weeks. Bill Gates is back on number one.
Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by ritababe(f): 9:56pm On Dec 07, 2016
einsteine:

Ortega was only the richest man for a few weeks. Bill Gates is back on number one.

are you serious?
Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by einsteine(m): 10:59pm On Dec 07, 2016
ritababe:

are you serious?

Yes. Check the Forbes live rich list.

1 Like

Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by esperon25: 5:14am On Dec 08, 2016
I am sorry for getting you wrong, but you are right in saying that we are all different.
And then, there is a difference between a job and a calling. There are some persons who have been called to blaze a trail, and when they second-guess themselves for a moment and decide to 'go learn from a ''master"' ,( for example take up the job offer,as in the case of this guy, for even a month), they would lose that light bulb of creativity, and become confused.
And this is prevalent among Africans because we feel our creative ideas have to be doctored by a 'white' expert before it can be executed. I'm sure there are many Africans who should be starting great things but because of a little self-doubt, they lose their creative impetus.

I'm not trivializing the importance of learning from others- we go to school or continue to gain experience and knowledge from useful interaction. However, when Creative Energy directs you to chart a certain course, don't hesitate in the terrain of certainty.

And like you said, we are all different.

mordtonia:

You're getting me wrong.
I would work with Bill Gates for free just to spend some time learning from the best. Then I'd build mine to be even better than his. But we are all different, goodluck to the Lad.
Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by psalmsjob: 7:43am On Dec 08, 2016
esperon25:

I don't think Mark Zuckerberg got a job offer from Microsoft and turned it down because he wanted to start Facebook. Besides, do you think accepting the Microsoft job offer by your guy Chris would have prevented him from starting his own business in future ie 2-3 years after gaining some experience? Furthermore, what your guy Chris now knows was learnt or taught to him by someone/somewhere.

I still maintain that the $25,000 he won in that competition a year before got into his head ane brought out the pride in him due to his age maybe. So working at Microsoft even for a year will add value to him to do much better at what he intends to startup. So his decision isn't "Perfect" like the person who I initially quoted said. Pride goes before a fall. Experience is "always" the best teacher my brother/sister.

1 Like

Re: Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer by esperon25: 6:15am On Dec 09, 2016
I get your point. Please read my response to a similar point above, I think it addresses this issue.
Cheers smiley.

psalmsjob:

I don't think Mark Zuckerberg got a job offer from Microsoft and turned it down because he wanted to start Facebook. Besides, do you think accepting the Microsoft job offer by your guy Chris would have prevented him from starting his own business in future ie 2-3 years after gaining some experience? Furthermore, what your guy Chris now knows was learnt or taught to him by someone/somewhere.

I still maintain that the $25,000 he won in that competition a year before got into his head ane brought out the pride in him due to his age maybe. So working at Microsoft even for a year will add value to him to do much better at what he intends to startup. So his decision isn't "Perfect" like the person who I initially quoted said. Pride goes before a fall. Experience is "always" the best teacher my brother/sister.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Webmasters, Showcase Your Projects Here / Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng / Saad Abdulganiy Built A House In Ilorin (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.