Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,629 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

Dangote Sacks 109 Workers In Kogi State, 115 Others Know Fate Soon - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Dangote Sacks 109 Workers In Kogi State, 115 Others Know Fate Soon (21817 Views)

Riots: Indians Accused Of Molesting Female Workers In Atiku's Company In Yola / Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations / Release Names Of 80,115 Police Ghost Workers - Court Orders IGP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Sacks 109 Workers In Kogi State, 115 Others Know Fate Soon by TRADELYN: 7:39pm On Dec 06, 2016
Tculest:
. Fayose spirit has entere u. The spirit of assumption. I hope assumption wil nt kill u people one day. If u dnt av d fact keep quiet
Did you know that Dangote tomatoes company has been shut since the last issue of tomatoes glut?
And that he is finding it hard to get forex especially for his proposed refinery?
And that he sent some expatraites home recently.

only those running business understand better.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Sacks 109 Workers In Kogi State, 115 Others Know Fate Soon by Obipat(m): 7:42pm On Dec 06, 2016
Tolexander:
hey bro, don't twist things here!

Dangote group management didn't call on press for briefing because it wanted to sack some workers but called on the press [b]for briefing on the steps already taken, ie sacking the workers engaged in some anomalies and recovered property stolen from the group.

Those workers sacked have their cases treated and decided. Others are still remanded cos their cases haven't been decided.
it's either you zombie or you are still being fed by your parents . what are you saying? What about the expatriates he sacked some months back, they are committed offence too? Somebody said zombies are like bungalows, they have nothing upstairs.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Sacks 109 Workers In Kogi State, 115 Others Know Fate Soon by olagold79: 7:46pm On Dec 06, 2016
ephi123:
In this December with Christmas barely how many weeks away?!

How can 109 workers be found guilty of "various offences". Do they not have controls at all? Very suspicious sack. The chicken is truly coming home to roost.

Why do we like to twist issues instead of dealing with criminals. At least read previous replies to your kind of question. The offences were commited over a period of 5months.

And the way we talk as if d people accused are not alive to defend themselves. Do yoy think a company will want to sack me n lie against me tat I commited an offence ,which I never did.....amd I will just satnd there and accept it.You have to realise that dangote group has over 15000 employess so 300 is still very much less than 0.1% . And they will probably be from various locations . Lets say 10 in lagos , 15 in Kaduna etc.

I have a friend who works in jumia before coming to Europe he narrated how people will partly destry goods from the store so that the company is forced to sell for cheap( as damaged goods) and they will then buy it.yJust in one jumia office more than half of the staffs were involved in ths stupid act. Only the few that were caught red'handed were sacked. Imagine Jumia beside dangote ....so U will undersatnd it can be very true. Nigerians can wreck your business ...they just dont care
Re: Dangote Sacks 109 Workers In Kogi State, 115 Others Know Fate Soon by Obipat(m): 7:47pm On Dec 06, 2016
TRADELYN:

Did you know that Dangote tomatoes company has been shut since the last issue of tomatoes glut?
And that he is finding it hard to get forex especially for his proposed refinery?
And that he sent some expatraites home recently.

only those running business understand better.
please brother, don't argue with zombie. they will see fire and still enter it. it is recession QED. APC has finished this country. it shall not be well with Buhari and Tinubu

1 Like

Re: Dangote Sacks 109 Workers In Kogi State, 115 Others Know Fate Soon by Tolexander: 7:51pm On Dec 06, 2016
Obipat:
it's either you zombie or you are still being fed by your parents . what are you saying? What about the expatriates he sacked some months back, they are committed offence too? Somebody said zombies are like bungalows, they have nothing upstairs.
I am allergic to coversing with empty skulls!

Keep off!

1 Like

Re: Dangote Sacks 109 Workers In Kogi State, 115 Others Know Fate Soon by ephi123(f): 7:51pm On Dec 06, 2016
olagold79:

Why do we like to twist issues instead of dealing with criminals. At least read previous replies to your kind of question. The offences were commited over a period of 5months.

And the way we talk as if d people accused are not alive to defend themselves. Do yoy think a company will want to sack me n lie against me tat I commited an offence ,which I never did.....amd I will just satnd there and accept it.You have to realise that dangote group has over 15000 employess so 300 is still very much less than 0.1% . And they will probably be from various locations . Lets say 10 in lagos , 15 in Kaduna etc.

I have a friend who works in jumia before coming to Europe he narrated how people will partly destry goods from the store so that the company is forced to sell for cheap( as damaged goods) and they will then buy it.yJust in one jumia office more than half of the staffs were involved in ths stupid act. Only the few that were caught red'handed were sacked. Imagine Jumia beside dangote ....so U will undersatnd it can be very true. Nigerians can wreck your business ...they just dont care

In any other country, the answer is No. In Nigeria, the answer is Yes.

Re: the Jumia story, that is why a company needs to set up appropriate controls. There are several retail stores all over the world, why is this act prevalent with just Jumia? Blame the system. Human beings will always get away with what they can, that is a fundamental human trait, it is up to companies to ensure they have the right controls.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Sacks 109 Workers In Kogi State, 115 Others Know Fate Soon by ephi123(f): 7:53pm On Dec 06, 2016
Obipat:

Quote of the day grin Funniest thing I've read all day, hahaha.
Re: Dangote Sacks 109 Workers In Kogi State, 115 Others Know Fate Soon by olagold79: 7:55pm On Dec 06, 2016
Tolexander:

Dangote group management didn't call on press for briefing because it wanted to sack some workers but called on the press [b]for briefing on the steps already taken, ie sacking the workers engaged in some anomalies and recovered property stolen from the group.

Those workers sacked have their cases treated and decided. Others are still remanded cos their cases haven't been decided.

It is funny how Nigerians back up a weak argument with an even more ridiculous logic. Imagine someone claiming Dangote wants to do a cover up just to sack the innocent guys....and the same person implying that Dangote purposely called d press. How can a thinking beign not see that that is contractdiory. If Dangote wanted to sack dem on thrump-up charges they will simply do it secrettly because the press is the easiest way of exposing themselves. And d press likes stuffs like ,they wi fight for the "innocent" staffs just fr attention n more publicity.

Thanks bro for using ur own brain.
Re: Dangote Sacks 109 Workers In Kogi State, 115 Others Know Fate Soon by lastmessenger: 8:00pm On Dec 06, 2016
Nutase:
Instead of them to admit the sack is recession related. They are trying to make it look like another thing.
the sack is never about recession. As matter of fact,dangote cement company have been employing people amid the recession.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Sacks 109 Workers In Kogi State, 115 Others Know Fate Soon by KKKWHITE(m): 8:03pm On Dec 06, 2016
The bitter truth is that this recession has seriously affected the dangote group.
Re: Dangote Sacks 109 Workers In Kogi State, 115 Others Know Fate Soon by olagold79: 8:05pm On Dec 06, 2016
ephi123:

In any other country, the answer is No. In Nigeria, the answer is Yes.

Re: the Jumia story, that is why a company needs to set up appropriate controls. There are several retail stores all over the world, why is this act prevalent with just Jumia? Blame the system. Human beings will always get away with what they can, that is a fundamental human trait, it is up to companies to ensure they have the right controls.

You are wrong here mate. JUMIA OR DANGOTE can nt stop Nigerians from pilfering. Our churches and parent should do that. Can you give at least 3thungs Jumia could have done differntly. Assuming you were consulted to manage the situation....what controls will not cost them unnccessary extra millions of naiara because of ur own thieving attitudes. Ibori was sacked for stealing in UK store where he worked , they never neede to put " controls" in place because normal humans dont steal as an hobby. I have worked in almost a dozen compnay at diffent levels here in Europe, they are d least religious people, yet forget anythung anywhere no one will steal it. I feel sorry that U thjnk its normal for people to do anything because thwy can get away with it. I have access key to d compnaies I work for I can steal little things without annyone even noticing...but I would not all d normal human I knkw will not. So it is not normal bro.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Sacks 109 Workers In Kogi State, 115 Others Know Fate Soon by muri4mig(m): 8:06pm On Dec 06, 2016
TRADELYN:

Why should Dangote management call the attention of the press because it wants to sack staff (still suspects) who are alleged to have broken the company's rules just as we see in this present government?
I am not holding brief for them, but due process ought to be followed as the poor around us suffer too much because they are helpless; and that's why Nigeria will continue to be in the bad book of organisations like Transparency International
he call the media for people like you that can misinform the public with false tale. If it is not done within the glare of the public, some street urchins can start singing as usual that recession lead to the sacking of over 1million Dangote staff.
Re: Dangote Sacks 109 Workers In Kogi State, 115 Others Know Fate Soon by kenex4ever(m): 8:14pm On Dec 06, 2016
Tolexander:
not everything is recession!

The problem about this recession of a thing is just that, not everybody singing the "recession" song understands what the meaning is all about!
bro d girl u quoted is right, recession is d main reason.
Though some stole. Coming from sm1 dat knows whats happening there
Re: Dangote Sacks 109 Workers In Kogi State, 115 Others Know Fate Soon by ephi123(f): 8:15pm On Dec 06, 2016
olagold79:

You are wrong here mate. JUMIA OR DANGOTE can nt stop Nigerians from pilfering. Our churches and parent should do that. Can you give at least 3thungs Jumia could have done differntly. Assuming you were consulted to manage the situation....what controls will not cost them unnccessary extra millions of naiara because of ur own thieving attitudes. Ibori was sacked for stealing in UK store where he worked , they never neede to put " controls" in place because normal humans dont steal as an hobby. I have worked in almost a dozen compnay at diffent levels here in Europe, they are d least religious people, yet forget anythung anywhere no one will steal it. I feel sorry that U thjnk its normal for people to do anything because thwy can get away with it. I have access key to d compnaies I work for I can steal little things without annyone even noticing...but I would not all d normal human I knkw will not. So it is not normal bro.

First of all, I'm not a bro.
Secondly, no one is saying stealing is right or normal, all I am saying is that it is the responsibility of the company to set up controls, if they are trying to be cheapskates and don't do so, it's no one's fault. We don't live in a perfect world so you can't expect there won't be theft, so the only thing they can do is protect themselves.

Thieves are everywhere even in Europe despite the better standard of living. Phones are stolen everyday on the train if a person is careless. No where is perfect.
Re: Dangote Sacks 109 Workers In Kogi State, 115 Others Know Fate Soon by kenex4ever(m): 8:15pm On Dec 06, 2016
Nutase:
thank you sir/ma
u were right
Re: Dangote Sacks 109 Workers In Kogi State, 115 Others Know Fate Soon by gbagyiza: 8:30pm On Dec 06, 2016
Tolexander:

Pls let tell ourselves d truth , recession is d ideal reason for dis massive sack....OK to prove me wrong let d company quickly advertise their positions....
Re: Dangote Sacks 109 Workers In Kogi State, 115 Others Know Fate Soon by olagold79: 8:38pm On Dec 06, 2016
ephi123:

First of all, I'm not a bro.
Secondly, no one is saying stealing is right or normal, all I am saying is that it is the responsibility of the company to set up controls, if they are trying to be cheapskates and don't do so, it's no one's fault. We don't live in a perfect world so you can't expect there won't be theft, so the only thing they can do is protect themselves.

Thieves are everywhere even in Europe despite the better standard of living. Phones are stolen everyday on the train if a person is careless. No where is perfect.

Sorry for asuming you were a bro. But excpet will just want to decieve ourselves our people like to reap from where they didnt sow. Companies may set up some controls but our people will try to scale it..I have worked in both enviroments. Is it difficult to see this. Is it not why Africans are where we are?, cos stealing stylishly is considered notmal. When I said leaving your things anywhere I was reffereing to an industrial settings, companies are careless all the time,but they need to be able to trust their employees nt to exploit them. I am sure you know this truth or maybe you dont. For exmaple when I was young my mother bought a motorcycle for business ,n gave it to a young man who was struggling..just deliver a fraction of what you make. This guy kept lying never delivered his end of d bargain. Before we knew it he already biught 3 bikes of his while wrecking the major business, this scenario is not perculiar its the common trend. Nigerians generaly will wreck you...If you give your own family #10000 to spend on a project for you they will find a way of spending 9k and keep the rest.Few us may be diffeent ,but as a people we lack integrity.QED
Re: Dangote Sacks 109 Workers In Kogi State, 115 Others Know Fate Soon by ephi123(f): 8:41pm On Dec 06, 2016
olagold79:

Sorry for asuming you were a bro. But excpet will just want to decieve ourselves our people like to reap from where they didnt sow. Companies may set up some controls but our people will try to scale it..I have worked in both enviroments. Is it difficult to see this. Is it not why Africans are where we are?, cos stealing stylishly is considered notmal. When I said leaving your things anywhere I was reffereing to an industrial settings, companies are careless all the time,but they need to be able to trust their employees nt to exploit them. I am sure you know this truth or maybe you dont. For exmaple when I was young my mother bought a motorcycle for business ,n gave it to a young man who was struggling..just deliver a fraction of what you make. This guy kept lying never delivered his end of d bargain. Before we knew it he already biught 3 bikes of his while wrecking the major business, this scenario is not perculiar its the common trend. Nigerians generaly will wreck you...If you give your own family #10000 to spend on a project for you they will find a way of spending 9k and keep the rest.Few us may be diffeent ,but as a people we lack integrity.QED

See, I totally understand what you are saying and where you are coming from. Initially I used to think Nigerians were the only ones that had such crooked tendencies, but I have learnt that humans everywhere are the same, the only difference is the systems put in place - in the West, people know if you commit even the smallest crime, you will pay for your crime, but there is no such deterrence in Nigeria and that is why things are the way they are. It is the same way you see expatriates come to Nigeria and start doing things they wouldn't try in their countries. People will go as far as the system lets them, that's just the truth.
Re: Dangote Sacks 109 Workers In Kogi State, 115 Others Know Fate Soon by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:53pm On Dec 06, 2016
deep down in your heart, you know the right people to employ,
if not these thief thief workers will collapse your business empire.
Re: Dangote Sacks 109 Workers In Kogi State, 115 Others Know Fate Soon by obiaguna(m): 2:08am On Dec 07, 2016
Nutase:
I know that but is it possible that 224 workers will commit grevious or sackable offences at about the same time. Capitalists systems are very wicked, if you understand what I'm saying.

This is prevalent in manufacturing and retail companies. You hire a middle aged man thinking he has integrity to manage your fleet and within two weeks he's already connived with a few others and they are already stealing from the company or planning to abscond with company vehicle. Won't want to generalize but its common practice in Nigeria albeit an unhealthy one. There are a lot of thieves here and steps like this has to be taken a few times to put house in order. Sometimes let's try to think and apply common sense.
Re: Dangote Sacks 109 Workers In Kogi State, 115 Others Know Fate Soon by obiaguna(m): 2:11am On Dec 07, 2016
I'm certain those people were collecting salaries and instead of thinking about legitimate ways to increase their wealth via side hustles they settled for stealing. Good riddance .
Re: Dangote Sacks 109 Workers In Kogi State, 115 Others Know Fate Soon by mfujah(m): 5:36am On Dec 07, 2016
ephi123:
In this December with Christmas barely how many weeks away?!

How can 109 workers be found guilty of "various offences". Do they not have controls at all? Very suspicious sack. The chicken is truly coming home to roost.
from may to nov
.. so it is possible!
Re: Dangote Sacks 109 Workers In Kogi State, 115 Others Know Fate Soon by BALLOSKI: 6:35am On Dec 07, 2016
Nutase:
Instead of them to admit the sack is recession related. They are trying to make it look like another thing.
tell us how it's recession-related. Dangote cement factory is not functioning anymore?
Re: Dangote Sacks 109 Workers In Kogi State, 115 Others Know Fate Soon by BALLOSKI: 7:08am On Dec 07, 2016
Nutase:

Modified**
It is obvious many of us don't know how capitalists systems work. It's a vicious cycle.
For those of you asking me to prove the sack is recession related let me play out a common scenario most companies use.

If an experienced worker is paid 10k and an entry level worker is paid 2k, sacking most of the experienced staff and leaving just a few to train the new workers can save the company millions if not billions.
So never assume that just because a company is recruiting new workers means they are okay.
Cc
BALLOSKI
Obiaguna
Lastmessenger
Tolexander
this still hasn't explained your assertion. No experience staff was sacked in this case. If you read the report and know obajana very well, you'd know that these guys are mostly not paid by DIL , they're just hustlers caught stealing one thing or the other. How much does he pay his drivers?

If recession is contraction in economic growth, then , I'm sorry, dangote is not hit by it.
Re: Dangote Sacks 109 Workers In Kogi State, 115 Others Know Fate Soon by Nutase: 7:10am On Dec 07, 2016
BALLOSKI:
this still hasn't explained your assertion. No experience staff was sacked in this case. If you read the report and know obajana very well, you'd know that these guys are mostly not paid by DIL , they're just hustlers caught stealing one thing or the other. How much does he pay his drivers?

If recession is contraction in economic growth, then , I'm sorry, dangote is not hit by it.
You sound like someone with very little knowledge about running a business.
So you expect him to wait till he is hit before he starts making adjustments? Very few companies that are hit first before making changes survive.
Re: Dangote Sacks 109 Workers In Kogi State, 115 Others Know Fate Soon by BALLOSKI: 7:49am On Dec 07, 2016
Nutase:

You sound like someone with very little knowledge about running a business.
Typical of Nigerians! This Is exactly what they do when confronted with a superior argument. Explain what I asked you to explain , you veered off painting a disjointed scenario. I repeat, that scenario hasn't explained your earlier assertion. Prove to me how much knowledge you have in business. I want to learn.

Nutase:

So you expect him to wait till he is hit before he starts making adjustments? Very few companies that are hit first before making changes survive.

1. They gave you the reasons for the sack. A big company like DIL won't hide their reasons for firing people because they do things to send signals to the government in certain policy does not favour them.

2. Companies hire in good times and fire in bad times(this is subjective though) . I want to know what dangote group is going through now that should warrant downsizing of its staff strength. Don't forget, it will son be the biggest cement plant in the world.

I'm only asking a question...
Re: Dangote Sacks 109 Workers In Kogi State, 115 Others Know Fate Soon by Nutase: 7:53am On Dec 07, 2016
BALLOSKI:
Typical of Nigerians! This Is exactly what they do when confronted with a superior argument. Explain what I asked you to explain , you veered off painting a disjointed scenario. I repeat, that scenario hasn't explained your earlier assertion. Prove to me how much knowledge you have in business. I want to learn.

1. They gave you the reasons for the sack. A big company like DIL won't hide their reasons for firing people because they do things to send signals to the government in certain policy does not favour them.

2. Companies hire in good times and fire in bad times(this is subjective though) . I want to know what dangote group is going through now that should warrant downsizing of its staff strength. Don't forget, it will son be the biggest cement plant in the world.

I'm only asking a question...
if you an executive in DIL good for you. But ur arguments are lame. Which company has ever sacked and admitted it downsized because of economic challenges.? A good Image is key to survival. Probably when you own your company you can do that.
Re: Dangote Sacks 109 Workers In Kogi State, 115 Others Know Fate Soon by BALLOSKI: 7:57am On Dec 07, 2016
Nutase:
if you an executive in DIL good for you. But ur arguments are lame. Which company has ever sacked and admitted it downsized because of economic challenges.? A good Image is key to survival. Probably when you own your company you can do that.
grin grin grin

Calm down....don't get yourself emotionally worked up.

Banks, airlines , manufacturing companies , etc , have done this in recent time in Nigeria and have attributed this to economic doldrums.
Re: Dangote Sacks 109 Workers In Kogi State, 115 Others Know Fate Soon by Nutase: 7:59am On Dec 07, 2016
BALLOSKI:
grin grin grin

Calm down....don't get yourself emotionally worked up.

Banks, airlines , manufacturing companies , etc , have done this in recent time in Nigeria and have attributed this to economic doldrums.
tongue
Re: Dangote Sacks 109 Workers In Kogi State, 115 Others Know Fate Soon by BALLOSKI: 8:02am On Dec 07, 2016
Nutase:
tongue
oya , hug daddy and let there be peace. wink
Re: Dangote Sacks 109 Workers In Kogi State, 115 Others Know Fate Soon by Nutase: 8:05am On Dec 07, 2016
BALLOSKI:
oya , hug daddy and let there be peace. wink
shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Workers Get 20% Salary Increase, LASG To Implement From January 2023 / Lagos And My Polythene Bag. A MUST Read / Motivational Speaker Zig Ziglar Is Dead!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.