Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,140 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:01 AM

Nairalanders' Please Help A Brother In Need - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nairalanders' Please Help A Brother In Need (690 Views)

Nairalanders Please Come In Before It's Too Late.(op Why Deleting This?) / Nairalanders Please Help A Sister Out / All Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid: I Am Dying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders' Please Help A Brother In Need by Free101(m): 6:40pm On Dec 06, 2016
Please I beg you to take you time to read to this because its a lengthy epistle.

Am in a dilemma and I really do need help from whosoever God touches to help me. being holding out on people close to me, don't want my friends and family to see me as a thing of pity, that's why I had to come over to this "faceless" forum to lament and seek for help also.
I am guy, almost in my mid twenties and also an undergraduate. getting admission was like a dream come true and I was very elated and just to focus on school had to quite my job as a secondary school secretary which pays "okay" but allows me time and space out other activities to help me boost my pocket. Getting admitted early 2014 into a tertiary institution wasn't as rosey as it seems, had to cough out almost 100k for every every which came from my savings, my mom's savings and well meaning uncles and aunts.
But I learnt the hard way, the recession kicked in, my mom became sick and she couldn't work because it was partial paralysis. I remember the first day it started and we took her to a hospital, we had to cough out 35k just for brain scanning only (not private oo), but glory be to God she's able to move now even though she got blinded in one eye.it became so had that a square meal in the house became a luxury. Had to go hustle for a job, With the help of a friend of mine, I got one in a 9jabet shop. buts that where my predicament started. Being the bread winner of the family after the yeye state govt. mumsy works for thinks its doing the right think owing workers' salary. The work became a living hell for me, starts for the day by 8:30am and the minimum closing time is 9pm, every single day unless on Sunday where you may shift with your colleague for half a day or maybe when you call in sick which if you use "too much", your salary does the talking.
Wait sef, how much be the salary? A meager 10k per month, no allowances, no bonus. work and work like zombie. apart from the little money that I take home daily from "dash" and "eye wey see" just to make sure there is food on the table the next day. had to dump school because I couldn't concentrate and if i choose school, who go pay the fees, where even ordinary garri wey man go chop. had to apply for a deferment to continue next year by God's grace.
Now what is the essence of writing all this? here it is, this work is really taking its toil on me and there's nothing to show for it. There's no day that I don't feel sick, from hammering headaches to acute body pains at times to occasional dizziness. My whole salary is spent on feeding, even clothes I can't get myself talk more of saving for school next year. Everything its just from hand to mouth.
What kind of help do I seek for? Am a born hustle and would do anything to get a brighter future for myself and my family (but I will never engage in anything illegal or what will tarnish my image as it will be the end of my dear mom, I rather die than seeing that woman going through any form of pain because of me. I want any well meaning Nairalander to help me by getting me a job or anything that I might lay my hands on to do before resuming school next year so I can save for my fees and the likes, even if it a morning to night job as long as it pays to the extend that I will be able to save, I will gladly and heartily embrace it.
This might be a pity epistle (as some may see it), devoid of pride and ego. but who Pride and Ego don epp, am not praying for anybody to go through what am passing through (even though others are passing through worst), but when hunger hits you and you feel the goals you've set to achieve in life is slipping out of your grasp, you will definitely cry out.
I thank you and appreaciate you for talking your time to read this. May God bless you as strive to better your lives and the lives of others.

By the way, I reside in Jos and an undergraduate of Unijos.
Re: Nairalanders' Please Help A Brother In Need by Free101(m): 6:45pm On Dec 06, 2016
Please anybody that knows the mod should help me alert them to help me move this topic to the front page, please I really need people to see this. Thanks
cc: Lalasticlala
seun
Mynd44
iamlengend1
Re: Nairalanders' Please Help A Brother In Need by Nobody: 7:00pm On Dec 06, 2016
God is your strength. Keep praying. It'll be fine.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders' Please Help A Brother In Need by Free101(m): 7:36pm On Dec 06, 2016
Jibril659:
God is your strength. Keep praying. It'll be fine.
Amen bro, I really need God's intervention oooooo
Re: Nairalanders' Please Help A Brother In Need by Ifeshyne(f): 9:39pm On Dec 06, 2016
Job 11:16- You will surely forget your trouble, recalling it only as waters gone by.
Someday you'll look back and just smile, God is preparing a great future ahead of you. Just stay focused, I pray you get a job soonest.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders' Please Help A Brother In Need by Free101(m): 11:14pm On Dec 07, 2016
Ifeshyne:
Job 11:16- You will surely forget your trouble, recalling it only as waters gone by.
Someday you'll look back and just smile, God is preparing a great future ahead of you. Just stay focused, I pray you get a job soonest.
thanks for the words of encouragement. My prayer is God should just answer me asap so I don't give up in life out of frustration.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Preparing For An Accounting Interview / Project Engineer At Schlumberger Limited / Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.