Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,385 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

Big Question... Will You Quit Your Job To Start A Business?? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Big Question... Will You Quit Your Job To Start A Business?? (9475 Views)

5 Ways To Know It's Time To Quit Your Job / Lady Quits Her £50k Job To Start Her Own Business, Buys Her 1st House At 25 / 11 Reasons To Quit Your Job And Start A Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Big Question... Will You Quit Your Job To Start A Business?? by stanvesco(m): 9:48pm On Dec 10, 2016
Ajaniopo:
I've been doing this 50k job since january.. At first after my Nysc I told my self I wasn't going to work for nobody..

So I started Catfish farming in a small way...

But along the line I got a contact job 2 months after I completed my Nysc.. The company is talking of making me a permanent staff by january 2017 but I am not loving the job.. All I want to do is go back to Catfish farming because That's where my heart and Love is.

Another mind Is giving me serious caution.. "If you quit, you aint coming back you know?

So the Big question pops up. Can you quit your job, to start your own Business?

I need Honest Views please...

bros do the two..... day little voice that's saying.... si si... quit ur job!!!! is d voice of suffa!!!!

no try am leave ur job to raise fish!!!!!
do the two
na wen u leave your job, u go know sey
fish can get kwashiorkor

1 Like

Re: Big Question... Will You Quit Your Job To Start A Business?? by stanvesco(m): 9:57pm On Dec 10, 2016
Ajaniopo:

Thanks for your honest contribution.. I think i am going to surmon courage and follow my own dream

brooooooooooooooooos
bros
broda
aburo
my friend
do not try to leave ur fifty k job to raise catfish
atmost
do both
ehmmmmmmmmm ehm
emmmmmmmmm
brooossss
it's village people Dats bringing day idea o!!!!
always remember; the key would be
MULtiple streams of income

wats in raising catfish;
u stock
u employ someone to raise
while growing
u use ur weekends to source buyers
after six months
u sought out the fishes
u realise
ahhhhbhh!!!!
no be all big
u source buyer
during weekends
u get some
they underprice
u look for others
they tell u they will buy wholesale
thereby cutting short ur projected gains
u don't hit the millions u projected
but u gained shaaaaaaa!!!
life kwantinues!!!!
u pull in cash again from ur salary... into the business
u buy better fingerlings
and u grow.......
do not leave ur job; a possible source of business loans... a backup plan..... a source in emergency, a surebanker, an exit plan
for buisness
it's toooooo early to leave
thanks

1 Like

Re: Big Question... Will You Quit Your Job To Start A Business?? by stanvesco(m): 10:05pm On Dec 10, 2016
lonelydora:
A big YES. It depends on the business.
Salary doesn't make one rich..........so says a saying.
bros dis isn't necessarily true salary have made alotta people extremely rich

1 Like

Re: Big Question... Will You Quit Your Job To Start A Business?? by kenerek: 11:44pm On Dec 10, 2016
You have to be sure of what you want. Do you have a good understanding of the business you want to get into? The choices we make in life make or break us. I came across an inspiring article tittled 'Life Choices' on www.kayceeinspires.com .It is a must read
Re: Big Question... Will You Quit Your Job To Start A Business?? by Sharonose: 8:14am On Dec 09, 2017
Rainmaker69:
Most Nigerians will probably advice you to keep your day job while you moonlight on your passion after hours. That advice sounds reasonable but it comes from a place of desperation and greed- it won't work. You can't serve 2 masters and love them equally, you will be found wanting somewhere. Thats how someone would spend 15 years in a banking sector job and expect to "hit the ground running" as a music artiste or as a producer. That's just funny. If you're really passionate about fish farming, you need to give it your all- start learning on the job right away. You will have to focus on your passion and turn it into a business.
Consult professionals widely- seek counsel from friends and family who are lawyers, accountants, business development and marketing consultants on how to grow your business. If you must quit, then be ready to give it your all, otherwise, don't even bother unless you wish to leave it the level of a hobby.
I made this decision about 9 years ago and haven't looked back since. Your greatest asset is your time and as an entrepreneur, you have the prerogative to determine how you invest it.
I wish you all the best.
u said it all..u have to give up on others things to make it work..focus on one..pursue your drms..drms do really come true...forget about the job and focus on ur business,it's not gonna be easy but it will worth it..u need sacrifice,there are gonna be time u will starve,broke and realdy to quite...but don't quite..it's a normal trial for every entrepreneur..I was working on a job I hate,the pay was ok 50k..but was affecting my health..I took the courage to quit ..people called me loser/fool..I went tru alots and there was this regretting thing..but I didn't give up ..and today I have my own car..two branches and at list I can pay my siblings fees in the university..I'm just 27yrs old girl who fears the lord..believe me dedication pays and most of my old workers then are still struggling in their job up till now..some keeps calling me and all.....see not everybody know this..if I have business idea..just thank God for it.its a blessing...make ur final decision and u won't regret ..I PROMISE..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wema Bank Graduate Trainee / What You Can Do If You Feel Undervalued At Work / I Don't Want To Be A Doctor The Words Nigerian Parent Does Not Want To Hear

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.