Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,109 members, 7,849,460 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:59 PM

NFF Can't Pay The Super Falcons Due To The Recession - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFF Can't Pay The Super Falcons Due To The Recession (15005 Views)

Super Falcons Qualify For The Second Round In The Women’s World Cup / Super Falcons Resume Training As They Hope For Favourable Results Tonight / Super Falcons Players Celebrating Argentina's Goal Against Scotland Yesterday. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NFF Can't Pay The Super Falcons Due To The Recession by Isaacmacdon(m): 10:24pm On Dec 06, 2016
Wait o, am I the only person who feels that this government is involved in broad daylight looting? I thought there was a budget for sports? It's not like they built a massive golf course or an olympic stadium! Something is fishy somewhere. Even heard the red cap bearing lawyer who has no idea of sports took a private flight to cameroon. Lawyer as sports minister? Can you imagine?.
Re: NFF Can't Pay The Super Falcons Due To The Recession by UuzbaGuuzba: 10:27pm On Dec 06, 2016
robosky02:

If you like, do face like mumu. That money will remain unavailable for as long as possible. It is a way to disuade these women from football. If they like let them win 100 world cups, the money will not still show up.
Re: NFF Can't Pay The Super Falcons Due To The Recession by robosky02(m): 10:37pm On Dec 06, 2016
UuzbaGuuzba:
If you like, do face like mumu. That money will remain unavailable for as long as possible. It is a way to disuade these women from football. If they like let them win 100 world cups, the money will not still show up.

we are talking of a serous matter

Re: NFF Can't Pay The Super Falcons Due To The Recession by TeleboiZ005(m): 10:39pm On Dec 06, 2016
UuzbaGuuzba:
I pity ur daughters,wife.....

cos anywhere they go,they will be classified as 'NOTHING' thus making them look like a 'waste* in the society...

Jus imagine the trash u jos spilled!...shame!

meanwhile...

Op can u see me

2 Likes

Re: NFF Can't Pay The Super Falcons Due To The Recession by Yahami(m): 10:58pm On Dec 06, 2016
This is pure weekedness, can the federal govt tell me that if Buhari's birthday reach in couple of days from now they will not hold the reception of it because we are in econnomy crises...my prayer may God save us from the hands of oppresore because if you found your self in hand of them h....

1 Like

Re: NFF Can't Pay The Super Falcons Due To The Recession by excel101(m): 11:04pm On Dec 06, 2016
With this in mind, one begins to wonder if the NFF really wished Nigeria to win matches.
Re: NFF Can't Pay The Super Falcons Due To The Recession by electrokcoi(m): 11:19pm On Dec 06, 2016
money never de to pay them abi? no worry tomorrow dem go leave their boy friend go carry cup come back again make I see.....
Re: NFF Can't Pay The Super Falcons Due To The Recession by electrokcoi(m): 11:21pm On Dec 06, 2016
Isaacmacdon:
Wait o, am I the only person who feels that this government is involved in broad daylight looting? I thought there was a budget for sports? It's not like they built a massive golf course or an olympic stadium! Something is fishy somewhere. Even heard the red cap bearing lawyer who has no idea of sports took a private flight to cameroon. Lawyer as sports minister? Can you imagine?.
pls what is the name of this country again
Re: NFF Can't Pay The Super Falcons Due To The Recession by RoyalBlak007: 11:25pm On Dec 06, 2016
so..
pathetic .
Re: NFF Can't Pay The Super Falcons Due To The Recession by Devane(m): 11:25pm On Dec 06, 2016
datgoaldigger:
Hmm 500K each if you ask me I think its too much for representing your country...
Kai oga! for your mind now....you don talk. SMH
Re: NFF Can't Pay The Super Falcons Due To The Recession by shegsrules(m): 11:37pm On Dec 06, 2016
It's so funny that if it's super eagles there is money for allowance, goal bonuses and other extras. But to the others no money. Amaju eyes d c u oooo
Re: NFF Can't Pay The Super Falcons Due To The Recession by rickyrex(m): 11:44pm On Dec 06, 2016
I begin to wonder how come there was enough money during GEJ's tenure to the extend that economy was stable and some people had enough to loot. Why is buhari administration so poor that they claimed to have recovered huge sum of amount yet there's still no money to carry out a single project let alone paying workers salary. I sense this administration is hiding our money somewhere to buy 2019 seat why they watch the masses die of starvation.
Or better still they are using our money to pay back those they borrowed money from to fund their last election campaign.
The prayers of the well meaning Nigerians will unfold their secret very soon
Re: NFF Can't Pay The Super Falcons Due To The Recession by oluspicy: 11:58pm On Dec 06, 2016
robosky02:
The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) says it will soon pay players and officials of the Super Falcons all their entitlements for winning the Africa Women’s Cup of Nations (AWCON).

A statement by NFF’s Director of Communications, Ademola Olajire, quoted the Federation’s General Secretary, Mohammed Sanusi, as saying the money for this was however not available at the moment.

“[b]The Federation is not happy about owing players and coaches. But it can only continue to seek their understanding and those of hoteliers and travel agents, as well as its management and staff until the situation improves.

“There is no gainsaying in the fact that there is a severe economic challenge in the country now and all organisations, whether government or private, are feeling the pinch. But, it is not government’s doing.

“We know we have financial commitment to the players and officials of Super Falcons, and we have not at any time stated otherwise. But the money is not readily available at the moment.

“I appeal to them to understand the situation of the Federation, to understand the situation of the country at the present and exercise patience.

“We will pay them all monies they are being owed as soon as we receive same from government, just as we paid the national under-17 team’s players and officials who won the FIFA U-17 World Cup in Chile last year, after the tournament.

“Just as we paid coach Samson Siasia’s wages as soon as we had the funds after the Olympics.[/b]’’

Sanusi also recalled that the Super Eagles were owed monies for the match against Tanzania and were paid when funds for that match were made available by government.

“We still owe the Super Eagles for the matches against Zambia and Algeria, but the memos have gone to government and are being looked at.

“But we must commend the Minister of Sports, Solomon Dalung, who has been energetically pushing the cases of the various national teams.

“We have sent the memo for the Women Africa Cup of Nations in October and it is being processed as we speak.”

Sanusi stated that NFF had meanwhile embarked on an aggressive drive to find a permanent solution to the issue of owing players and coaches.

He also stated that corporate players were now listening to the NFF’s leadership and the Federation’s finances would soon improve.

“We are also working to get monies outstanding from former sponsors of the national teams, to complement what we are expecting from government.

“In relation to all these, we are in the process of sorting out our TSA domiciliary accounts so that we can receive our due grants from FIFA and CAF, including the $80,000 prize money from the AWCON, once it is available.’’

The NFF General Secretary also appealed to media representatives to understand the plight of the Federation, and temper their write-ups with some understanding.

“This morning, I was reading a report that the Federation is yet to pay the Super Falcons one kobo. That is not correct.

‘“While the team was in Cameroon, the NFF sourced for money from one of our sponsors and paid the players N500,000 each and also paid the technical crew and backroom staff.

“Our friends in the media should make the effort to clarify whatever information they have before going to press.’’

While applauding the Falcons for their tenacity and total dedication to duty in Cameroon in spite of low morale, Sanusi confirmed that a reception would soon be held for them.

“NFF is waiting for word from government to know when the African champions will be hosted to a state reception.

“The reception for the senior women national team is out of our hands. We are waiting on the Federal Government and as soon as we have confirmation of the date, we will inform the players and officials to regroup in Abuja,” he stated.

http://punchng.com/we-dont-have-money-to-pay-super-falcons-nff/

Points to ponder on:
1. Does it means that NFF lacks the responsibilities of motivation and welfare of the team before embarking on the tournament?

2. Was there no budget on ground and duly approved by concern bodies?

3. What will NFF do if they are yet to be paid a month salary?

4. Is this how you are treating the white coach you hired, when you can't pay the workaholic indigenous coach?

Furthermore, the above excuses really shows the level of incompetency and maladministration of the NFF as a whole.

Shameless people!
Re: NFF Can't Pay The Super Falcons Due To The Recession by MONITZ: 12:38am On Dec 07, 2016
I am very certain that the devil is a Nigerian and he also resides here too....
Re: NFF Can't Pay The Super Falcons Due To The Recession by MrCork: 1:04am On Dec 07, 2016
ellacute45:

You quoted the wrong person grin

ok..if you not a racist than prove it...let me mate with you undecided
Re: NFF Can't Pay The Super Falcons Due To The Recession by Osgilliat(m): 2:21am On Dec 07, 2016
Still don't see any shame in this.. Everyone knows everything is not going according to plan in Nigeria. Why should some people receive millions? Though they represented their country well.. And God bless them for that. Anything given to them, they should manage it. We can't break the vault for them.
Re: NFF Can't Pay The Super Falcons Due To The Recession by UuzbaGuuzba: 4:48am On Dec 07, 2016
TeleboiZ005:
I pity ur daughters,wife.....cos anywhere they go,they will be classified as 'NOTHING' thus making them look like a 'waste* in the society...

Jus imagine the trash u jos spilled!...shame!
meanwhile...

Op can u see me
Well, as you can see/read even on this Nairaland, many other stories and ways women make money or fame. Football being the least decent or honorable way for any woman. Hence the delay or non payment for their victory. It is truly irritating to the men folk.
Re: NFF Can't Pay The Super Falcons Due To The Recession by UuzbaGuuzba: 4:52am On Dec 07, 2016
oluspicy:

Points to ponder on:
1. Does it means that NFF lacks the responsibilities of motivation and welfare of the team before embarking on the tournament?

2. Was there no budget on ground and duly approved by concern bodies?

3. What will NFF do if they are yet to be paid a month salary?

4. Is this how you are treating the white coach you hired, when you can't pay the workaholic indigenous coach?

Furthermore, the above excuses really shows the level of incompetency and maladministration of the NFF as a whole.

Shameless people!
No man likes female football. Hence the inadequate preparation/compensation.
Re: NFF Can't Pay The Super Falcons Due To The Recession by UuzbaGuuzba: 4:55am On Dec 07, 2016
shegsrules:
It's so funny that if it's super eagles there is money for allowance, goal bonuses and other extras. But to the others no money. Amaju eyes d c u oooo
I believe you are smart enough to reason that no man really likes female football. Yes, for Super Eagles, Bonus upon bonus. But for Falcons, recession is the excuse.
Re: NFF Can't Pay The Super Falcons Due To The Recession by UuzbaGuuzba: 4:59am On Dec 07, 2016
Isaacmacdon:
There is a budget for sports. But it has no provision for women winning anything.
Re: NFF Can't Pay The Super Falcons Due To The Recession by Nobody: 5:21am On Dec 07, 2016
Nig. Is cursed with self-serving rulers!...tufiakwa!
Re: NFF Can't Pay The Super Falcons Due To The Recession by Nemesis99(m): 5:24am On Dec 07, 2016
Why dem go get money when that Armaju Picnic oops pinnik don carry the money do baiday.
Re: NFF Can't Pay The Super Falcons Due To The Recession by LorDBolton(m): 6:48am On Dec 07, 2016
Sack that delta state dullard called amaju pinnick... infact it's time for a revolution in that glass house.

Football is this nation's premier sport, federal govt doesn't even determine who becomes NFF chairman, so how can a man who won an election not have a plan to run NFF?

Where is the marketing dept? What are they doing there??

It's just plain insulting to those girls...I watched the highlights and men that final wasn't easy, cameroon gave their all for that trophy and we managed to win.

Something must be done
Re: NFF Can't Pay The Super Falcons Due To The Recession by Almand: 7:05am On Dec 07, 2016
Candycrusher:
The largest economy in Africa cannot pay players yet those bastards in the senate and other arms of government earns over 24million naira monthly for attending senate meeting where most of them end up sleeping. Nigerians have been rippee apart by these muthaforking politifcians
It use to be the largest economy in Africa. Buhari is the worst thing yet to happen to this country with that clown of a sport minister
Re: NFF Can't Pay The Super Falcons Due To The Recession by driy65(m): 8:47am On Dec 07, 2016
UuzbaGuuzba:
I don't praise theives. However, football is the least dignified way any woman should earn a living or fame or whatever. Normal women would just smile small and earn more money and fame than these Falcon Voltron team.
guy you beta swap ur brain for a plate of mama put rice....cause u type like a bush baby....ANIMÁL
Re: NFF Can't Pay The Super Falcons Due To The Recession by shegsrules(m): 4:06pm On Dec 07, 2016
UuzbaGuuzba:
I believe you are smart enough to reason that no man really likes female football. Yes, for Super Eagles, Bonus upon bonus. But for Falcons, recession is the excuse.

Encouraging them is not bad, since they keep representing us well at the African stage as compared to their male counterparts.
Re: NFF Can't Pay The Super Falcons Due To The Recession by UuzbaGuuzba: 4:39pm On Dec 07, 2016
shegsrules:

Encouraging them is not bad, since they keep representing us well at the African stage as compared to their male counterparts.
Shey you know, women don't know when to stop. They don't hear word. They will continue Untill they start......infact they are already looking like this.. E don do O.

Re: NFF Can't Pay The Super Falcons Due To The Recession by nigeriafarmer: 4:45pm On Dec 07, 2016
UuzbaGuuzba:
Guys, please let's all stop pretending that we like watching agressive sweaty women kicking football on the field. No man likes female football. It is against our nature. This is the deep root cause of why the money is unavailable.
you must be a northern

1 Like

Re: NFF Can't Pay The Super Falcons Due To The Recession by UuzbaGuuzba: 5:33pm On Dec 07, 2016
nigeriafarmer:
you must be a northern
When fire wan quench, leave it to quench. Nobody wants muscular female footballers. Nasty and Bitter experience. Allow pepper rest. Take your orobo wife/girlfriend and enjoy yourself.
Re: NFF Can't Pay The Super Falcons Due To The Recession by Nobody: 7:34pm On Dec 07, 2016
OK so you say in your meedot 2 but you to ashame to say so? ((shame on you!!))
MrCork:

ok..if you not a racist than prove it...let me mate with you undecided
Re: NFF Can't Pay The Super Falcons Due To The Recession by omooajisnooni: 8:33pm On Dec 07, 2016
But FG can pump huge amount of money to any

state election so that APC could win at all cost

wicked government

thunder wey go fire Una (NFF) still dey do press up.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Google Celebrates Stephen Keshi's 56th Birthday / AWCON: Super Falcons Get Jumbo Bonuses, Camp Closes / AFCON Qualifier: Fans Hail Eagles, Urge Rohr To Fortify Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.