Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,699 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

Senator Bruce: Government Of Nigeria Does Not Care About Human Beings - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Bruce: Government Of Nigeria Does Not Care About Human Beings (689 Views)

Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment / Why Is Igbo So Jealous And Bitter Of Yoruba And Yoruba Does Not Care / Senator Bruce Says GEJ has forgiven Mohammed Deedee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senator Bruce: Government Of Nigeria Does Not Care About Human Beings by philchudi: 6:27pm On Dec 07, 2016
Speaking at plenary today, Senator Ben Murray Bruce representing Bayelsa East lamented the maltreatment of the Super Falcons who did the nation proud by conquering Africa on Saturday.
Recall that members of the team have refused to go back to their base except all allowances owed them is paid.
According to Senator Bruce, “We are a nation that builds stadiums but play no matches in them, we are a nation that spends a quarter of a billion dollars to buy equipments for NTA for the All Africa Games, but after the event, we don’t use the equipment. It seems like when it comes to awarding contracts to build facilities we are experts at them.
“I remember telling president Obasanjo at the time, there was no need to build the stadium at Abuja, that the All Africa Games could have been held in Lagos like they did in 1972. Now the stadium is built, when El-Rufai was FCT Minister, he went to take it over, he asked how much does it take to maintain, they told him JB was charging two billion naira every year just for maintenance, he said “please I don’t want it anymore.”
Ben Bruce
“The problem we have right now is this, we care about structures, we don’t care about people and this applies to every government since 1960. It is a disgrace what is happening to our girls, it is a disgrace what happens to our football players, our boxers, our tennis players, swimmers and all athletes representing Nigeria. We must take a position, we either care about human being s or we care about bricks and mortar, we either care about people or we care about giving out contracts, the talent for Nigeria to be great is the people we have in this country, but the government of Nigeria do not care about human beings, they only care about giving out contracts.
“Now we have won the competition, something as simple as paying wages to our young ladies who are the heroes of our time is not being paid because there are no contracts to be awarded. The entire sports division must be overhauled and only people with intelligence, committment, passion and a drive to make Nigeria great should be appointed to the ministry of sports and government should understand that this is serious business.
“Everytime I see a kid selling paper on the street running, you see an area-boy but I see a 100m world champion because that is how they are made. All the kids in America who are now heroes all came from the ghetto. Nobody in this chamber, none of our children will be world champion because they are too rich. Only the children of the poor will go into sports. The children of the rich will go into science and technology, they will not go into sports. So what we have done is deprive the child of the poor a chance to make a living and to be successful and this is very important.
“Whether you are Dick Tiger, Hogan Bassey, any world champion we have ever had, they have never been children of the rich. The children of the poor are the ones who we are depriving a chance to make a living and be successful. I urge all my noisy colleagues to please support this motion and get the government to paid the allowances of these beautiful children so that we can be great again.”

1 Like

Re: Senator Bruce: Government Of Nigeria Does Not Care About Human Beings by Nobody: 6:47pm On Dec 07, 2016
oga bruce.. You have spoken well this time
The line that caught my eye .. I urge all my noisy colleagues to please support this motion and get the government to paid the allowances of these beautiful children so that we can be great again.”

1 Like

Re: Senator Bruce: Government Of Nigeria Does Not Care About Human Beings by Nobody: 7:39pm On Dec 07, 2016
Now you are talking common sense my dear Senator

1 Like

Re: Senator Bruce: Government Of Nigeria Does Not Care About Human Beings by behavewell: 8:30pm On Dec 07, 2016
Dear senator,u spoke very wel,dis is comon sense.

1 Like

Re: Senator Bruce: Government Of Nigeria Does Not Care About Human Beings by Atiku2019: 8:40pm On Dec 07, 2016
Nice One.....

But Buhari listens to Mamman Daura Only

3 Likes

Re: Senator Bruce: Government Of Nigeria Does Not Care About Human Beings by Justiceleague1: 8:46pm On Dec 07, 2016
Watch out for the ever noisy afonja launch attack at BMB for speaking the truth grin

4 Likes

Re: Senator Bruce: Government Of Nigeria Does Not Care About Human Beings by kcmichael: 8:50pm On Dec 07, 2016
Ben bruse,have u given osun workers ur salary? Pretender

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senator Bruce: Government Of Nigeria Does Not Care About Human Beings by Abeymills(m): 9:11pm On Dec 07, 2016
Justiceleague1:
Watch out for the ever noisy afonja launch attack at BMB for speaking the truth grin
where them dey zombies most of them don't have money to buy data hence thier tin god mumudu bubuhari has hike d price

3 Likes

Re: Senator Bruce: Government Of Nigeria Does Not Care About Human Beings by Abeymills(m): 9:11pm On Dec 07, 2016
kcmichael:
Ben bruse,have u given osun workers ur salary? Pretender
have u use ur drugs today?zombi

1 Like

Re: Senator Bruce: Government Of Nigeria Does Not Care About Human Beings by mykeljosef: 12:23am On Dec 08, 2016
zombies who didn't read will come n start expressing their ignorance n inability to think sooner than later

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why PMB Didnt Attend The South-East Economic And Security Summit In Enugu - Pres / Its Unfortunate Most Nigerians Cannot Spell President Buhari's Name Correctly / Buhari’s 2017 New Year Message Calls For Nigeria’s Unity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.