Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,137 members, 7,818,425 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice (7036 Views)

Countries Where Castration Is A Punishment For Rapists / Jungle Justice On Armed Robbers Caught In Anambra State (Graphic Pictures) / Thief Jumps Into A Canal In Festac Town, Lagos To Evade Jungle Justice. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by Certitude(m): 8:32am On Dec 08, 2016
datgoaldigger:
For me it depends on the crime like the one you pointed out above dosent deserve jungle justice.... But for eg Robbers that kill pple on the road and part away with their belongings...I believe those guys shud be lynched
Or someone that defiles a six or five yr old girl...
Shaaa that's the opinion of #datgoaldigger cool cool

No crime deserves jungle justice. If our system have failed us, then we'll have to live with it.
Afterall, our leaders were nor elected by aliens.
Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by dsamedaniels(m): 8:32am On Dec 08, 2016
OP. Don't claim to be new to nigeria or you just felt like writing something. Just like "thesicilian" commented. "In a country where our judicial system nd other law enforcement agencies seem careless" every person born of a woman should be careful as not to try and steal even a pin from the other person struggling to make ends meet. Where the law fails, we take it in our hands. People should not just come here to always write what they think. Just wait till you have experience with this 'Bandits' maybe u'l see the reason behind other people grievances.

1 Like

Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by beinstein(m): 8:32am On Dec 08, 2016
You go come modify this your write-up when these criminals handle you wella for one corner and you're helpless. I used to think like you until i was terribly dealt with by some young criminals who made away with my valuables on gun point. Now i'll gladly supply mobs with petrol and lighter when jungle justice is ongoing.
Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by maxwell767(m): 8:33am On Dec 08, 2016
Hummm... lipsrsealed

Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by donj84: 8:35am On Dec 08, 2016
DesChyko:

That is so sad. With the kind of resources input in our justice department, there is no excuse why it should be the way it is. Laws are supposed to keep us 'human'.

please OK we should be using the law they use in keeping save those politicians that steal our money for common criminals..I support you BUT wait till God forbid you faced with a life or death situation with a robber and he must have inflicted serious injury on you before you finally overpower him, then we can now come to review this issue you raising because by then your mentality would have a clear picture of what these guys called robbers do.

1 Like

Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by gameboyo: 8:35am On Dec 08, 2016
DesChyko:

That is so sad. With the kind of resources input in our justice department, there is no excuse why it should be the way it is. Laws are supposed to keep us 'human'.
Bro, I was so much against jungle justice and advocated about it so much that it became a theme to all my discussion, not until August 7 this year while returning from work with my newly acquired laptop I bought then for 190k and my phone of 85k.inside the laptop bag was 350k which wasn't even my money, I was robbed and attacked, blood spilled through my shirt and I almost died, they went aware with my stuff and cash that wasn't mine, I had to cough through to pay that debt. If u were in my shoe, would u support jungle justice or not? It's good to look from d outside until u are affected. Attached below is d shirt I wore that night.

2 Likes

Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by Certitude(m): 8:37am On Dec 08, 2016
kolnel:
As bad as we all feel jungle justice is bad
We need to wait for a day when we are all faced with dare devil robbers one on one
Or when someone close to us were to be ganged raped by hoodlums or kidnapped
If you are faced one on one and you kill, it's self defence but killing some random dude because your relative get raped or robbed is murder
Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by thesicilian: 8:38am On Dec 08, 2016
Certitude:

There is nothing wrong if one is accused wrongly and faces jungle justice even if the truth is later found. Do you think we are against jungle justice for the fun of it?
Do you know how often people scream thief, to cover other ulterior motive.
Do you know how many people have been jailed by the courts for crimes they didn't commit? Just because some were too poor to defend themselves or had incompetent lawyers? No system is fool proof.
In a society where the government cannot protect me, am I not allowed to protect myself?
Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by Nobody: 8:38am On Dec 08, 2016
I totally agree.
Someone steals
You kill
which is the greater offense?
Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by dikerebel(m): 8:39am On Dec 08, 2016
Op should i say that you are mad so they will ban me? Hell no.
If not for jungle justice Onitsha wouldn't have been cool now.
Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by thesicilian: 8:40am On Dec 08, 2016
gameboyo:

Bro, I was so much against jungle justice and advocated about it so much that it became a theme to all my discussion, not until August 7 this year while returning from work with my newly acquired laptop I bought then for 190k and my phone of 85k.inside the laptop bag was 350k which wasn't even my money, I was robbed and attacked, blood spilled through my shirt and I almost died, they went aware with my stuff and cash that wasn't mine, I had to cough through to pay that debt. If u were in my shoe, would u support jungle justice or not? It's good to look from d outside until u are affected. Attached below is d shirt I wore that night.
Don't mind them. Most of them talk from the comfort of their homes without knowing what others are facing out there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by ndcide(m): 8:41am On Dec 08, 2016
DesChyko:
Long story cut short, a young man made his way into the house of an elderly man and tried to abscond with a Nokia torch phone, #1,000 and a 'quarter-to-die' necklace. He was caught in the act and the people around raised alarm.

A crowd soon gathered and the verbal insults degenerated to a few slaps. But quickly, it turned savage. Some young men who are fond of gathering at a deale'sr to smoke any 'brown powder' in any 'white wrap' soon abandoned their hobby to join the fiasco. The meagre slaps that were considered punishment enough until the police arrived were immediately considered insufficient by the new arrivals.

Soon, planks were up in the air and landed with unrestricted velocity on the suspect's body. These were followed by stones that kept increasing in size as each was thrown. Even the smoke-joint owner gladly offered up her wares for use to mete out 'justice' on the thief.

The few people that were appalled by the sudden aggravation of the beating had to move away from the scene and sought alternatives to secure the suspect from the reach of these 'murder-inclined' arms of the jungle law, while repeating warnings of the possible consequences to the 'beaters' should the suspect give up the ghost. But they were to far gone in their act to think otherwise. As Providence would have it, the police arrived and whisked the suspect away.

My opinion is this: I know some criminals can be inconsiderate, but for that reason, should we lose our human nature? Considering his crime, is it a commensurate punishment; beating him that way? Our laws may have failed and our country, gone awry, but how does that begin to explain deriving joy from seeing our own dying or justify venting our frustrations on our fellow human?

I've never really witnessed lynching in reality but as this is how close I came, I have to admit that it is not 'humans' but an inner 'demon' in human form that carries out such act because those fellows ceased to be understood at that point.

The Government should look into this; and draft a law to take care of 'jungle justice'. It rapes our existence of belief in being humane.

(The above incident happened in Afromedia Estate, Okokomaiko; an area in Ojo L.G.A. of Lagos)

Go and sit down. It is unlawful to be lawful in a lawless society.

Go to ANY Criminal hideout where instant justice( take note of the right word) was carried out and the place where police post is stationed and tell us which one had sanity restored.
Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by Certitude(m): 8:49am On Dec 08, 2016
thesicilian:

Do you know how many people have been jailed by the courts for crimes they didn't commit? Just because some were too poor to defend themselves or had incompetent lawyers? No system is fool proof.
In a society where the government cannot protect me, am I not allowed to protect myself?
It is better I get jailed for a crime I did not commit than get lynched. What happens when the truth surfaces is different in both scenerios
Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by emperorchedda(m): 8:57am On Dec 08, 2016
Treasuredlove:
I totally agree.
Someone steals
You kill
which is the greater offense?
Why use the example of a robber who stole? Why not use the one who stole and killed?

Do you know some thieves steal things that are crucial to someone's life?

People though
Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by drnoel: 9:08am On Dec 08, 2016
DesChyko:
Long story cut short, a young man made his way into the house of an elderly man and tried to abscond with a Nokia torch phone, #1,000 and a 'quarter-to-die' necklace. He was caught in the act and the people around raised alarm.

A crowd soon gathered and the verbal insults degenerated to a few slaps. But quickly, it turned savage. Some young men who are fond of gathering at a deale'sr to smoke any 'brown powder' in any 'white wrap' soon abandoned their hobby to join the fiasco. The meagre slaps that were considered punishment enough until the police arrived were immediately considered insufficient by the new arrivals.

Soon, planks were up in the air and landed with unrestricted velocity on the suspect's body. These were followed by stones that kept increasing in size as each was thrown. Even the smoke-joint owner gladly offered up her wares for use to mete out 'justice' on the thief.

The few people that were appalled by the sudden aggravation of the beating had to move away from the scene and sought alternatives to secure the suspect from the reach of these 'murder-inclined' arms of the jungle law, while repeating warnings of the possible consequences to the 'beaters' should the suspect give up the ghost. But they were to far gone in their act to think otherwise. As Providence would have it, the police arrived and whisked the suspect away.

My opinion is this: I know some criminals can be inconsiderate, but for that reason, should we lose our human nature? Considering his crime, is it a commensurate punishment; beating him that way? Our laws may have failed and our country, gone awry, but how does that begin to explain deriving joy from seeing our own dying or justify venting our frustrations on our fellow human?

I've never really witnessed lynching in reality but as this is how close I came, I have to admit that it is not 'humans' but an inner 'demon' in human form that carries out such act because those fellows ceased to be understood at that point.

The Government should look into this; and draft a law to take care of 'jungle justice'. It rapes our existence of belief in being humane.

(The above incident happened in Afromedia Estate, Okokomaiko; an area in Ojo L.G.A. of Lagos)

Looks like u havent heard. The bill has already been drafted and has passed second reading. We are waiting for it to be signed into law so it becomes criminal to take life.

2 Likes

Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by Ndubuisipaul1: 9:11am On Dec 08, 2016
Before u make any comment remember the Aluu 4 . There innocent blood will cry forever ...

1 Like

Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by ceejay80s(m): 9:18am On Dec 08, 2016
mii4u:
I'm not really an advocate for jungle justice but some crimes are worth it. How do u explain kidnappers extorting a huge amount of money from their victim's family and thereafter killing the same person

and in addition how does he explain armed robbers that have killed fathers,brothers,uncles,sons....and that has also raped wives,mothers,sisters,aunts,even raped children under the age of 12 and babies...
abeg,they deserve to die jare
Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by OLUARTS: 9:27am On Dec 08, 2016
THEIR IS JOY IN HEAVEN OVER D REPENTANCE OF A SINNER, WHY DON'T YOU LET HIM HAVE A CHANCE OF REPENTANCE AND ALSO TRY AND IN THE SHOE D MAN HAD BEEN.

1 Like

Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by mrLhanray(m): 9:36am On Dec 08, 2016
Say NO to Jungle Justice

1 Like

Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by blacbard(m): 9:54am On Dec 08, 2016
the spate of jungle justice shows the extent of collapse of our social system, the masses dont believe in the legal system so they take laws into their hands. Addressing jungle justice with laws that outlaw it wont be effective until people are assured that the legal system will provide justice. Till then the criminals will be tried in people's court.
The only jungle justice i will support is that in which these cantankerous politicians are beaten black and blue like these petty criminals we victimise
Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by NevetsIbot(m): 9:57am On Dec 08, 2016
so they'll bribe the police and get free... Burn those killers
Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 08, 2016
Burning/Killing A Suspected Rubber In The Name Of Jungle Justice Is Very Wrong. I Don't Mind If The Suspect Get Few Hot Slaps Or Some Kind Of Punishment Before The Police Arrival. But By Law, A Suspect Should Be Handed Over To Police, A Suspect Should Be A Able To Tell His/Her Part Of The Story And Answer Some Questions, While The Victim And Witnesses Will Have Their Chance Too.
The Problem Is That Our Justice System Doesn't Really Work Especially For The Poor. If You Decide To Follow And Obey The Law, The Police Will Ask You For Money Before They Listen To You, They Will Frustrate You Until You Abandon Your Case. Lots Of People Are Afraid To Even Reporting Something To The Police, But Is Not Supposed To Be So.

No Matter What, I Will Never Support Of This Jungle Justice. If The Suspect Is Not Alive To Say His/Her Side Of The Story, How Do We Know He/She Really Committed The Crime? Even In Law, Not Every Crime Warrant A Dead Sentence Or Even A Live Imprisonment.
The Suspect Could Even Be Innocent!
Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by ephi123(f): 10:14am On Dec 08, 2016
khalhokage:
Jungle justice is committing murder as reprisal for the crime of petty theft.

People that support jungle justice don't ask themselves "what kind person would club a fellow pleading human being repeatedly and then set them on fire while they're still alive?"

That is a person that is definitely no better and most likely worse than the criminal.

Not to talk of the fact that a lot victims of these acts are actually innocent of the crimes they're being murdered for.

Just because there are monsters out there shouldn't mean that we turn into monsters too.
Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by Krosslife(m): 10:30am On Dec 08, 2016
Nigerian Bar Association with all the graduates that finished from that school has gone to sleep. The officers of the court(i.e. lawyers) who are supposed to be the custodian of the law are now embroiled in political stratification. Since the demise of charismatic and indefatigable human rights fighters and renowned activist like Gani Fawenhinmi, Ransome Kuti and the likes, virtually nobody wants to plead the case of the oppressed and afflicted and stand against any incorrigible social injustice and perhaps jungle justice suffered by innocents and offender in our republic.
Any time I read in the news, heard on TV or people talk about jungle justice it is always a case of gross domestic barbarity and social ignorance of our people. The type that is devoid of glorification and public patronage, appalling and desecrating the memory. This dastardly and disdainful act is unconstitutional and unhealthy in a progressive society that operates under the tenets of democracy with a popularly known written constitution.
Ironically, the same type of people who see themselves as opportunist reporters fold their hands while the notorious hunters unleash ambush onto the prey caught in the trap of their frustration, hopelessness and helplessness with a bizarre cluelessness. Nevertheless, whenever a particular senator or politician is reported, caught or indicted of looting the treasury of the commons, you'll never see any lynching mob to harass, beat, torture and burn him to death. It is all hypocrisy and animosity coupled with grudge and malice we nurse against ourselves in an heterogeneous society about "unholy morality" of our ancient culture, customs and religious practices.
Whether the law enforcement agents do what is right or not to offenders or criminals is none of our business, but we ourselves must know and stand for what is right before we can demand responsibility from anybody.
Recently, the most pathetic, unwholesome and irreparable of such cases was the 7 year old boy caught of stealing a cup of garri in Badagry. All the accusers could do was to beat and tortured the boy before setting him ablaze. While both educated and non-educated fools stood there watching the drama, as if it were a movie. An unlawful action that was perpetrated with psychological misology in a liberal civilized society that operates under a law.
Yet it must be known that irrespective of the damage done by offenders, once they have been caught, reported, arrested or handed over to the police, we are not constitutionally vested with the power of ultimate crucifixion, torture or beating to death of any offender or criminal. The provision of our law forbids jungle justice. It is condemnable; as you hitherto do to offenders. You're criminals too for burning unconvicted offenders or criminals to their horrible death.
I had thought that jungle justice has stopped since the time I witnessed it long ago. But it is now quiet alarming, and if not curtailed; it is capable of growing into another Boko Haram Justice or Fulani Herdsmen invasion. It'll destroy our society's image as a fully civilized and educated people in the comity of international nations. Our lawmakers should enact a law seeking to punish jungle justice offenders in our society, in this case, the hunter becomes the hunted.
I rest my case!

http://www.financialwatchngr.com/2016/11/17/viral-photo-of-7-year-old-boy-burn-to-death-nigeria-police-reacts-says-victim-not-a-boy/

1 Like

Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by tripoli007(m): 10:33am On Dec 08, 2016
Jungle justice has come to stay .. I have been a victim of 2 different armed robbery attack ..the 1st happened in 2012 right after the subsidy .I was on my way from Enugu - Lagos just after the toll gate at ijebu ode at about 6.30pm,I received the beating of my life ,for almost a week I could not raise my right arm ,as a result of the beatings . Do you Now think ,if I should catch an armed robber ,I Wont join the bandwagon and beat the living day light out of the robber .there's this saying that says if you can't do the time don't do the crime ..in naija if you can't face the wrath when caught don't bother stealing .. Jungle justice forever ..quote me anywhere
Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by Nobody: 11:04am On Dec 08, 2016
emperorchedda:
Why use the example of a robber who stole? Why not use the one who stole and killed?

Do you know some thieves steal things that are crucial to someone's life?

People though
so you end up killing that person in retaliation. What makes you different from the thief and killer? A murderer is, simply put, someone who kills or has killed before.
Some people are victims of circumstance i.e killed in self defense cos their life was in danger and had no other choice but when someone knowingly kills with the excuse that the person is a criminal...I don't know what to call that, i mean... I seriously will never want to be associated with such a person..giving excuses for knowingly snuffing life out of someone and even defending it as good...nah that person is also a serious security risk. Nobody holy pass.
Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by winterfell007(m): 11:18am On Dec 08, 2016
i am totally against jungle justice. it show that we Nigerians are no different from the primitive and we have not come of age. no matter the crime of the accused. you cannot take laws into your own hands. that was how horribly killed those bright boys from uniport just because the idiot that wanted to evade them accused them wrongly of being robbers. we must learn to allow the law take its course.

1 Like

Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by symbianDON(m): 11:25am On Dec 08, 2016
justice is justice abeg....wether in the jungle or in the court, all na justice
Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by LaExpert: 11:33am On Dec 08, 2016
Certitude:

No crime deserves jungle justice. If our system have failed us, then we'll have to live with it.
Afterall, our leaders were nor elected by aliens.

I'm disappointed in you as a human, then as a Nigerian for the bold.

If we should fold our hands and do nothing about the failed system, there's absolutely nothing wrong with jungle justice.
Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by Certitude(m): 11:37am On Dec 08, 2016
LaExpert:

I'm disappointed in you as a human, then as a Nigerian for the bold.

If we should fold our hands and do nothing about the failed system, there's absolutely nothing wrong with jungle justice.
And jungle justice to you is a better alternative to you. You must be a very good religious person.
Re: There Just Has To Be Punishment For Jungle Justice by Debbiesimi: 11:44am On Dec 08, 2016
thesicilian:
There's nothing wrong with jungle justice in a society where there's no legal justice.
Ahn Ahn ain't fair nothing wrong wii jungle justice? Juz bcoz of 1k phone n probably 1k chain does not mean he should die... Our politicians stealing millions from us nko.. .. U don't know wah condition dah guy is... M not saying stealing is right but handing over to the police should b d best

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

No Official Stole ₦10.9 Billion From Recovered NIA Funds - EFCC / How Much Does It Cost To Obtain Court Order / Vanity Is Vanity He Is Dead See The Luxury He Left.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.