Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,279 members, 7,836,244 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Breaking News: Robot Airplane To First Fly On British Skies - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Breaking News: Robot Airplane To First Fly On British Skies (610 Views)

New Fly Species Discovered In Australia Named After Marvel Superheroes (Photos) / Yahya Usman Ahmad Constructs Airplane Model With Local Materials. Photos / SHOCK FIND: Mystery As Rotting ‘MERMAID’ Washed Up On British Beach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Robot Airplane To First Fly On British Skies by Angelmonarch: 9:29pm On Dec 07, 2016
The British Airways Engineering BAE has announced that the robot aircraft will be tested in the British airspace to enable them refine systems that controls autonomous planes.
BAE also made it known to the public that it will carry out the testings on 17 flights and they will use a converted Jet-stream 31 capable of flying itself.
Meanwhile, the takeoff and landing process will be carried out by human pilots but aircraft will be autonomous as it navigate 300miles (482km) from Lancashire to Inverness. BAE said.
The testing will access piloting software and sensor systems that will monitor clouds and other airplanes.

To pilot itself, the Jet-stream aircraft will have use data from satellites and on board system that log radio signals broadcast by transponder on other airplane.
The Jet-stream is embedded with cameras that can see other airplanes even if they are not emitting warning signals.

The camera embedded on this aircraft surveys the skies to spot out heavy clouds and bad weather allowing the aircraft to adjust its route avoiding tempestuous weather or any other challenging conditions. READ MORE WITH PHOTOS >> https://angelmonarch..com.ng/2016/12/breaking-news-robot-airplane-to-first.html

Re: Breaking News: Robot Airplane To First Fly On British Skies by Douglaufuoma(m): 9:32pm On Dec 07, 2016
hmmm, death trap. genocide loading
Re: Breaking News: Robot Airplane To First Fly On British Skies by yarimo(m): 9:35pm On Dec 07, 2016
That is not a new thing to us, because Here in my state that is the type of plane my state governor use . grin
Re: Breaking News: Robot Airplane To First Fly On British Skies by Flexherbal(m): 9:39pm On Dec 07, 2016
Technology at its pick!
Re: Breaking News: Robot Airplane To First Fly On British Skies by Gratefulsoul(m): 9:45pm On Dec 07, 2016
yarimo:
That is not a new thing to us, because Here in my state that is the type of plane my state governor use . grin

Edo State right?
Re: Breaking News: Robot Airplane To First Fly On British Skies by yarimo(m): 9:48pm On Dec 07, 2016
Gratefulsoul:

Edo State right?
Ehh Ehh not EDO state, it's SAMBISA FOREST state grin

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Robot Airplane To First Fly On British Skies by ritababe(f): 12:46am On Dec 08, 2016
Gratefulsoul:

Edo State right?
chai my state don suffer, I nor blame una sha.

(1) (Reply)

Infinix S2 specs / The Snakes In The Toilet / What Could Be Wrong With Our Prepaid Metre?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.