Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:47 AM

On Becoming: 6 Things That Would Have Happened If Maje Wrote The Book - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / On Becoming: 6 Things That Would Have Happened If Maje Wrote The Book (603 Views)

Toke Makinwa And Maje Ayida Have Lunch Together / Maje Ayida And Lola Omotayo Okoye's Throwback Photo. / Toke Makinwa's Ex-Husband, Maje, At Her Birthday Party (Pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

On Becoming: 6 Things That Would Have Happened If Maje Wrote The Book by onismate: 5:22am On Dec 08, 2016
For the past couple of days, on air personality, Toke makinwa has been trending online with her book, “On Becoming.” The book is about her upbringing, growing up, past relationship and failed marriage to fitness trainer Maje Ayida. But Toke’s book focused more on her failed relationship with Maje Ayida.
So many believed that the book “On Becoming,” is too revealing. They were so many secrets and dirty acts committed against her by her estranged husband, Maje. But Toke has come out to say she didn’t publish the contents to spite on Maje. She only did it to free her mind off the burdens and advise her fellow women on issues of relationship, emotional abuse and self-esteem/worth.
With the publish of the book, “On Becoming” by Toke, many, most especially have been blasting Maje Ayida with harsh words. Even the other woman Maje left Toke for, she was not left out as people insulted her. Maje’s image has been tarnished. Imagine an ex openly and publicly saying that you infected her with STDs. Hmmmmm. Toke said Maje infected her with STD.
I sat down to imagine if it was Maje Ayida that published that Book, “On Becoming,” and said all those revealing things about Toke. What would have happened? Here are 6 (six) things I feel would happen if it was Maje that published those revealing content.
1. Image tarnishing – If it was Maje Ayida that published those contents about Toke, it would have Tarnished Toke’s image. Don’t get me wrong. Am not saying Maje’s image is not tarnished as toke published it. But Imagine that Maje reveal that Toke infected her with STD (Sexually transmitted disease). Her image would have been damaged. The shame, humiliation, loss of self-pride.
2. Loss of endorsement, jobs – All the hair, cream, beauty companies that endorsed and ready to work with her will pull out. Imagine your husband publicly accusing you of infidelity. Many companies and organizations won’t like to work that kind of personality. Make she no go tempt married workers.
3. Responsible men/suitors won’t want to Associate with Her- Responsible men who would be willing to love and marry her, potential suitors would run from her. Who wants to be infected with STD or HIV? Who wants to be with an unfaithful woman or serial men lover?
4. Some women NGOs with call for Maje’s Head- Many NGOs most especially women related would call for maje’s head for publicly embarrassing a woman. Some might even sue him. some threaten to arrest him because he couldn’t cover her ex-wife’s shame. NGOs would make sure they disgrace Maje.
5. Women will curse Maje, call for his head- Trust Nigerian women nah. They would finish Maje with their mouths. Maje Ayida would keep on trending online with insults and embarrassment for embarrassing Toke. Don’t be surprised that many women will debate the topics online, TVs and radios. Many will threaten to arrest Maje Ayida.
6. Some women would falsely and publicly accuse Maje of infidelity too just to humiliate him as he did to Toke.

http://www.hovabuzz.com/frontline/1256-6-things-that-would-have-happened-if-maje-ayida-was-the-one-that-published-the-book-on-becoming
Re: On Becoming: 6 Things That Would Have Happened If Maje Wrote The Book by Doctorfitz: 5:32am On Dec 08, 2016
Yea number 5 so true... They'd shout foul
Re: On Becoming: 6 Things That Would Have Happened If Maje Wrote The Book by dahunsy(f): 6:13am On Dec 08, 2016
Coughs***clears throat#......sooo?
Re: On Becoming: 6 Things That Would Have Happened If Maje Wrote The Book by 9jaBloke: 6:15am On Dec 08, 2016
She shouldn't have used real names. People would have known the characters anyway, but the effect would have been less.

Me, I don't have any problem with the contents of the book as long as they are facts. They are both public figures and there were many loose stories in circulation about their breakup. I think she did well by setting the records straight.

If Maje has any issues with book, he should respond.
Re: On Becoming: 6 Things That Would Have Happened If Maje Wrote The Book by Airforce1(m): 6:35am On Dec 08, 2016
Because a woman wrote those horrible stories about her man everybody is cool with it.

if it was the man that wrote that book about her woman , all the women and asslicking woman wrapper guys would call him "kiss and tell guy"
some guys will even say he is not matured.

i think some of the stories toke wrote n that book on maje isn't necessary.

if i was maje, i just might consider legal action.
Re: On Becoming: 6 Things That Would Have Happened If Maje Wrote The Book by ritababe(f): 7:14am On Dec 08, 2016
ok
Re: On Becoming: 6 Things That Would Have Happened If Maje Wrote The Book by sholatem(f): 8:36am On Dec 08, 2016
All on point,but still didn't justify Maje's action, with or without book,be good

(1) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar Shares Photo Of Him Dabbing With Bovi - People Reacts / Meet The 10 Most Generous Billionaires In The World / Falz Tells A Prophet The Painful Truth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.