Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,690 members, 7,820,408 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing (12566 Views)

Infinix Hot 9 And Hot 9 play devices Introduced To Nigerian Market / MTN Newly Introduced Data Plans For 2019 + Free 4GB Data / Whatsapp Introduced "Pin Chat" - See Features (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing by Nobody: 7:55am On Dec 08, 2016
Nonsense
Re: NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing by STFUand4kMeHARD(m): 7:58am On Dec 08, 2016
grin
Re: NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing by Nobody: 7:58am On Dec 08, 2016
Re: NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing by buchilino(m): 7:58am On Dec 08, 2016
NCC CAN GIVE ALL D FLIMSY EXCUSES DEY LIKE, D ISSUE HERE IS DAT POLITICIANS DON'T LIKE D WAY NIGERIANS ATTACK DEM ON D INTERNET.
Re: NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing by miqos02(m): 7:58am On Dec 08, 2016
stort
Re: NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing by Obipat(m): 7:59am On Dec 08, 2016
Apc and Buhari have nothing to offer to Nigeria except hardship. Buhari rejoices when he hears masses complain. That man is wicked

1 Like

Re: NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing by Nobody: 7:59am On Dec 08, 2016
RentALodge:
"Why would NCC increase tariff without extensively engaging all the stakeholders?"

To start with, what's their business with telecom service tariffs? Telcos are private entities that should determine the tariff for their services without the help of NCC. There has to be ulterior motives to the NCC move.

If this PMB/APC govt want to continue to enjoy some level of support left from the Nigerian masses, they should henceforth, put on hold all forms of increment in taxes, fees, tariff etc.

The cost of living is already over burdening the masses and the govt should bring out policies to reduce the cost of goods and food items.

Left to me, I believe it's time to start signatures collection for the impeachment of PMB. This gross insensitivity to the plight of the citizenry is unbecoming of an elected leader. Since the change we all voted for and celebrated is now becoming a nightmare, Nigerians, we all must now be prepare to get rid of Buhari and Osibanjo through NASS impeachment.

I AM AFRAID FOR OUR COUNTRY. Forget about the MSM, lies, the US, UK and EU are still suffering from the effect of the 2008/9 recession. These are countries that deployed massive fiscal and monetary policies in their recovering runs but all we are hearing is Buhari daughters getting married and their husband being appointed to head govt MDA as a reward.
this post captured everything I wanted to say.

Buhari and his cronies are just insensitive bastards... I realized that the moment they proposed the hike..

It's just terrible I supported that Junketeering bastard for 2 years I will never get back.

2 Likes

Re: NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing by wristbangle: 8:00am On Dec 08, 2016
Data in some countries happens to be the cheapest, Infact some are offering it free to citizens.

What is NCC business concerning setting the floor price for data. Simple economics suppose to tell you that the market is a competitive one which will make price of commodities drop according the law of demand and supply. If you want to regulate, set maximum price not minimum abeg.

For any telecom operators who are scared due to stiff competition, if they can't compete, it's either they merge or leave the country. It's not by force.

1 Like

Re: NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing by Nobody: 8:08am On Dec 08, 2016
Stupidest/infantile excuse for dumbskulls!
It's official! This demonic govt derives joy in seeing the citizens wallow in poverty!
#we must kick the crazy bald-head out of aso!
# the cursed nomad is a sadist!
Re: NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing by yoribo: 8:08am On Dec 08, 2016
This government is chessing rat, come let me give you club. The problem is You are directing your energy on frivolities. These telcos have operated more than 10yrs, no government tried to set price because d tax on them alone is much. Can you come and set floor price on pure water? The companies raised the unit cost from N70-N200 and the market forces brought it down to N130. Allow thing to be. Use proven principle for your test runs

1 Like

Re: NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing by tuoyoojo(m): 8:13am On Dec 08, 2016
before I venture into a business I would have done feasibility studies to see how to survive in a highly competitive market lik telecoms

what is stopping the smaller ISP companies from coming together to form a bigger company there by giving the gsm providers a run for their money

the reason ncc is giving is laughable

so if I want to go into comment production n I cannot compete with dangote, the government would increase the price of cement to favour me right

I bet some big govt officials have vested interest in these smaller ISP that's y they are being protected to the deteriment of the Nigerian population

3 Likes

Re: NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing by Nobody: 8:15am On Dec 08, 2016
Stewpidity redefined!
U've successfully CONFUSED yourself than CONVINCE sane souls...truly, common sense ain't common!
Compound f.oooooooooooools!
Re: NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing by jayAjoku(m): 8:17am On Dec 08, 2016
Sometimes I wonder if these people are brain dead or they don't just know what they are doing. .. in a recession you don't go about increasing cost of living that would cause a ripple effect that would worsen that state of the recession at hand ... recessions are times when businesses are supposed to be supported and citizens given bonuses to help them spend more
Re: NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing by Chrismentor3: 8:17am On Dec 08, 2016
GET UR TBC FROM A VERIFIED MEMBER AT A GIVE AWAY PRIZE OF 5000 ONLY
Re: NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing by thecrush: 8:22am On Dec 08, 2016
sinistermind:
The idiots have been bought over by the Spectranet and their likes. Spectranet increased their data price by over 70% also some ISP is withing the same price. But GSM service providers gave Nigerians affordable data prices with almost the same speed. So why not NCC mandate the ISPs to review their data prices to make high speed data affordable to Nigerians instead of trying to mandate GSM service providers to increase theirs. Competition should be encouraged.

The speed is no longer "almost".....so far from it...

These days MTN, GLO and the likes a rendering the worst data services....The increase in price, i agree, sounds very absurd despite their very poor services
Re: NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing by Chrismentor3: 8:22am On Dec 08, 2016
GET UR TBC IN A GIVE AWAY PRIZE OF 5K IN A PURCHASE BELOW 10 AND LOWER PRIZE IN A PURCHASE ABOVE 20 FROM A VERIFIED MEMBER CALL CHRISMENTOR 07061691655
Re: NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing by Nobody: 8:26am On Dec 08, 2016
Idk who informed the NCC that we do not want predatory pricing. We do! Let them go and share tea allowance and leave our data alone.
Re: NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing by zeekz(m): 8:27am On Dec 08, 2016
I strongly believe mtn is influencing Ncc and der policies, they can't handle the level of competition coming their way thanks to glo so they decided to manipulate the market. if the initial plan to increase data price worked Glo would have been the biggest loser due to their poor service in certain areas of the country and that would have increased mtn and Airtel's patronage.
Re: NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing by IamISRAEL(m): 8:33am On Dec 08, 2016
If una like increase the price or reduce it, I can still afford it
Re: NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing by henrykash123: 8:34am On Dec 08, 2016
Billion coins (TBC) is growing every day ,try to invest your own now ,am selling away price of 5k,if your interested call me pm on 07030328337 or WhatsApp ,try to grap your now tomorrow may be late to you
Re: NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing by Nobody: 8:36am On Dec 08, 2016
This country is definitely not making progress anytime soon...... well, all na change....
Re: NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing by CrEaToRmalden(m): 8:37am On Dec 08, 2016
[color=#990000][/color]shocked they can hike data price if the like. But any pim with Airtel 2G, airtel night plan and MTN night plan is war :p
Re: NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing by microlayabout: 8:41am On Dec 08, 2016
Invest in TBC , get it at the Cheapest and unbeatable Price of 2K per coin see my signature for contact
Re: NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing by Princedapace(m): 8:48am On Dec 08, 2016
brodalikeme:
I've decided not to sit and fold my hands doing nothing about this planned data hike, I will be writing a petition to the national assembly. it is very wrong for us to sit down and have this kind of counter-productive policy thrown at us. They are complaining of unhealthy completions, I bet they are all still making profits. This is beyond social media or profit making. The thought alone is satanic and barbaric. Nothing has brought about more creative, innovation and rapid development like the internet, any person/country thinking of depriving its citizenry access to if belong to the stone age.

Nobody should sit down and be quiet, lets all stand up and be counted!

Bros... I dey with u.. if NCC should get away with this.. then we are finished in this country.. we should not allow them get away with this.. If they try am.. we should storm national assembly and NCC head quarters and protest and attract world media.. shame on this agencies.. instead of making things cheaper.. they are making it expensive.. We no go greee.. it is time to show this guys that we are still alive and active.. and this should start it for us all in Nigeria.. i mean, to begin attack govt policies in one voice..

1 Like

Re: NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing by Nobody: 9:05am On Dec 08, 2016
We are not interested in their explanation,we don't want data increment simple, I just hope they don't increase it on 1/1/2017 with the way they are trying to convince us with thier stupid explanations
Re: NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing by adekS1(m): 10:13am On Dec 08, 2016
we all in Nigeria especially masses r just wailers,always ranting wt noting to show for it.am only waiting for a day d true Nigerians l Kno will say enuff is enuff not by words bt wt action wnt mind if it will b in form of violence or revolution but so far it will stop all ds injustice,corruption,greediness cluelessness n selfishness DAT has so much ravaged d country n brought us to wia we r today wt no future again
Re: NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing by brodalikeme(m): 10:20am On Dec 08, 2016
Princedapace:

Bros... I dey with u.. if NCC should get away with this.. then we are finished in this country.. we should not allow them get away with this.. If they try am.. we should storm national assembly and NCC head quarters and protest and attract world media.. shame on this agencies.. instead of making things cheaper.. they are making it expensive.. We no go greee.. it is time to show this guys that we are still alive and active.. and this should start it for us all in Nigeria.. i mean, to begin attack govt policies in one voice..

I am still trying to grab the rational behind the planned increment based on their submission that an unhealthy competition is brewing among the telecom companies. The telecoms companies started the price reductions, they weren't forced. they are not complaining. NCC is the one feeling pained. Price of our data is still very high compared to what others get. We pay for everything voice, data and SMS not free value added service. Yet our numbers are getting out for marketing purposes.
Do they even know the contribution access to the internet to the ICT sector and hence the GDP? Stifle that access and more business and innovations will be aborted. Student will suffer in carrying out their project.
WALAHI THESE MEN ARE BRAIN DEAD AND LIVING IN THE STONE AGE PERIOD!!!
Re: NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing by Princedapace(m): 10:24am On Dec 08, 2016
brodalikeme:

I am still trying to grab the rational behind the planned increment based on their submission that an unhealthy competition is brewing among the telecom companies. The telecoms companies started the price reductions, they weren't forced. they are not complaining. NCC is the one feeling pained. Price of our data is still very high compared to what others get. We pay for everything voice, data and SMS not free value added service. Yet our numbers are getting out for marketing purposes.
Do they even know the contribution access to the internet to the ICT sector and hence the GDP? Stifle that access and more business and innovations will be aborted. Student will suffer in carrying out their project.
WALAHI THESE MEN ARE BRAIN DEAD AND LIVING IN THE STONE AGE PERIOD!!!

Bros...wit the way I dey vex for Nigeria as a country.. If I carry that anger enter street protest.. I fit blow up person.. I hate this country...that makes life difficult for us. Why? Is it a crime to be a Nigerian?

That submission they gave is total rubbish and I pray we don't sleep on this one again.. We must not accept it. No light..fuel is expensive.. Tax here and there..no better road.. Even data is still expensive..

I survive mainly with the help of internet. It seems this govt doesn't know how internet has helped to reduce unemployment and how it is still reducing it day by day. If there is anything that should be cheap in Nigeria...that should be internet...

1 Like

Re: NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing by Hope15: 11:01am On Dec 08, 2016
In essence, Glo is the target? Tell them.....'Kolewerk'!

zeekz:
I strongly believe mtn is influencing Ncc and der policies, they can't handle the level of competition coming their way thanks to glo so they decided to manipulate the market. if the initial plan to increase data price worked Glo would have been the biggest loser due to their poor service in certain areas of the country and that would have increased mtn and Airtel's patronage.
Re: NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing by charleoj(m): 11:06am On Dec 08, 2016
its another way to stop MMM.
Re: NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing by fosch: 11:34am On Dec 08, 2016
Who are these unpatriotic idiots calling themselves NCC. I pity this country n her citizens for d Change brought by PMB and his APC. Look at the foolish argument of NCC as if Nigerians are bunch of illiterate. Simply tell us that u ve taken bribe or that one big Oga has investment in any of those firms. And because business is not returning profit,you are now been used to facilitate ROI.
Re: NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing by hammed105(m): 1:00pm On Dec 08, 2016
Seriously by 2019 I hope Nigerians we chase away this apc of a tin away..... This government is just making things hard for the citizens and they are there in aso rock enjoying there life.....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mtn Bis Is Now N500 / NCC Approves Harmonized Short Codes, Directs Implementation / Modern Combat 5:weapons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.