Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,191 members, 7,818,622 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) (25677 Views)

Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. / Female Petrol Station Attendant Was Overpaid N5000 By Customer.See What She Did / Secondary School Teacher In Kogi Returns N130k After She Was Overpaid By Govt(pi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) by idongesit88: 2:00pm On Dec 08, 2016
if na person money I quickly return but if Nigeria government money, thunder fire poverty
Re: Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) by God2man(m): 2:04pm On Dec 08, 2016
This is a good example.
Re: Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) by CHARLOE(m): 2:05pm On Dec 08, 2016
Reminds me of a client of mine that was mistakenly credited with 6.6m by diamond bank. After about 3 months, he replaced d money (bout 200k) he spent from it n returned all 6.6m to d bank, said his conscience was disturbing him.
To cut a long story short, d bank simply said thank u, was thinking they wld appreciate him with something

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) by alaskido(m): 2:13pm On Dec 08, 2016
oluwafreshkid:
The money was to be laundered through him.

How can someone launder such a small amount of money? My friend receive sense.
Re: Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) by alaskido(m): 2:14pm On Dec 08, 2016
rusher14:
The way EFCC works these days one might be tempted to return his salary.

grin grin grin grin grin My guy this is a valid observation o.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) by IamISRAEL(m): 2:19pm On Dec 08, 2016
we are indeed rear, we honest men
Re: Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) by oyoofong(m): 2:28pm On Dec 08, 2016
you for no pay na! You think say they for no discover? Thank God ,you did.
Re: Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) by Codedrock(m): 2:29pm On Dec 08, 2016
GossipHeart:

Some people are born to be poor for the rest of their lives

The government have been stealing our money from 1923 and all of a sudden you got the chance to repay them and you foolishly returned the money

Chai
If you actually think like this.. You are just like the 'government" might also be the reason you are a bit poor. No offense.
Re: Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) by oluwafreshkid(m): 2:42pm On Dec 08, 2016
alaskido:

How can someone launder such a small amount of money? My friend receive sense.
Lol... I am neither the launderer nor the launderee, so it you that lack sense.
Re: Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) by Goke7: 3:15pm On Dec 08, 2016
rusher14:
The way EFCC works these days one might be tempted to return his salary.

grin badt guy

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) by Goke7: 3:17pm On Dec 08, 2016
sidneyj:
he returned it after using it for mmm grin grin grin

haba nairaland people sha
Re: Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 08, 2016
them no dey mistakenly pay money inside person account like that. i guess someone was trying to play smart, pay huge sum into the man's account and later blackmail him to return the money if he doesnt want efcc to be involved. naso 1m go jst enter wind.
Re: Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) by engrjacuzzi: 3:49pm On Dec 08, 2016
I always tell people that akwaibomites are the most truthful people on earth.. even in this hard time, a true son of the soil could return back money not meant for him. if I see your kind, I will vote for as ward chairman!

Re: Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) by drealj: 4:10pm On Dec 08, 2016
k
Re: Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) by AnthonyAk(m): 4:42pm On Dec 08, 2016
GossipHeart:

Some people are born to be poor for the rest of their lives

The government have been stealing our money from 1923 and all of a sudden you got the chance to repay them and you foolishly returned the money

Chai

If he returned a million naira who told you hes poor. A mill isnt even money these days
Re: Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) by cuteme88(f): 5:00pm On Dec 08, 2016
hopeforcharles:

I will use the money do MMm and then return the seed money to them. There is a way this thing is done use the do sure business and go inform them ownes that u will return it that way they will say i am half truthful and have maybe a recomendation

heheheheeeheheeeeeheheehgringringrin
Well it make sense sha but as for me ooooh. i no go fit sleep till i return that money.
Re: Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) by Codes151(m): 5:02pm On Dec 08, 2016
Onechancearmy:
If dis man run for President, I fit vote for am.
what is 1.8 compared to the whole contract!!! He just painted himself white!!! Vote him n u will know that 1.8m isn't 1.8billion
Re: Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) by Nobody: 5:06pm On Dec 08, 2016
For this kind recession?? Probably afraid of EFCC not looking for him
lemme just keep quiet and watch
Re: Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) by princejones(m): 5:40pm On Dec 08, 2016
Nice one my brother from lk
Re: Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) by branolistical: 5:53pm On Dec 08, 2016
OP is confused with pronouncing digits sad
Re: Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) by permanentgrace(m): 5:53pm On Dec 08, 2016
dancok:
pm not function.where u base

I dey Calabar but u know say registration can be anywhere.
Re: Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) by BrainnewsNg(f): 6:12pm On Dec 08, 2016
Teewhy2:
That is to say not all Nigerians are corrupt and there is a future for the country, only if we can imbibe in our children the culture of honesty and be straight forward.
The family is the bedrock of a good Nigeria.

Yes oooooooo
Re: Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) by bignoble05(m): 7:05pm On Dec 08, 2016
Good Nigerian..The change begins with us.
Re: Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) by Luizkid(m): 7:49pm On Dec 08, 2016
that man just made a nice investment in the Government. he's looking @ the long-term gains of being an honest contractor rather than enjoy the shortrun. He would be found out being overpaid anyway.
Re: Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) by Nobody: 10:06pm On Dec 08, 2016
So True I know him he's from my village. Thunder go fire am. U know how long govt.Don De worry am foe this money to return.
KingRex1:
He's a politician who hasn't gotten to the peak of his career. Which could be as good as dead if this matter ever comes up.
Smart dude, he even used it as a publicity stunt.
Re: Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) by KingRex1(m): 10:22pm On Dec 08, 2016
Yhudieeinana:
So True I know him he's from my village. Thunder go fire am. U know how long govt.Don De worry am foe this money to return.
Can you imagine? And social media don praise am finish
Re: Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) by Sirdy48(m): 10:46pm On Dec 08, 2016
for this recession stricken economy ? if I return am make I bend
Re: Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) by JusticeSeeker: 6:10am On Dec 09, 2016
Which Christian Assembly does he belong to?
Re: Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) by vickylala239: 6:45am On Dec 09, 2016
rem44:
Sincere people are in Nigeria. A typical example is Leo Leo Umana, who was mistakenly overpaid to the tune of one million eight thousand Naira (N1,008,000) by Akwa Ibom State Secondary Education Board (AK-SUBEB).

The Ikot Ekpene borWednesday, 7th December, 2016, paid back the said amount into the account of SUBEB in Uyo, the Akwa Ibom State capital.

Mr Leo Umana took to Facebook to share the news and wrote....

"This is unprecedented, it has never happened,  you are indeed a good man. God ll bless you and your family".  AMEN.

Mr Inyang
Account Section
SUBEB, AKS

I had a contract job with State Universal Education Board (SUBEB). After the job completion, I was mistakenly over-paid with sum of 1 million, Eight Thousand Naira only (1,008,000.00).

When I discovered the discrepancy, I notified the Account Department, and I promised to refund the said amount of money. Firstly, they were shocked by my action as a Nigerian, as it was not discovered by the Auditors.

Today being 7th of December, 2016, as a true patriot and a servant of the Most High God with the fear of God, humanity, conscience and future:

I, Mr Leo Leo Umana on behalf of myself, my wife and kids paid the sum of ONE MILLION, EIGHT THOUSAND NAIRA (1, 008,000.00) back into the AK-UBE ACCOUNT.
Attached here is the Cheque and deposit slips.

In a time like this recession and Economic quagmire, Xmas, school fees, it would have been very useful but I thank God for the grace and conscience to report and return the money.

And I know, by His grace and mercy, I have saved the man's career and job. I am a satisfied man even in my condition.

All glory return to God'

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/12/akwa-ibom-man-shocks-everybody-by.html

Funny Ppl.....

Who does not know how government account operate..

He culd Hv been traced... and made to refund...

Jst 5k that was over paid to me during nysc... it was easily traced n I was contacted...
Re: Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) by aditoomuch: 7:11pm On Dec 09, 2016
True talk my brother we are not easily carried away thats why we have wealth,contentment and above all Peace.
Akan:
Can only happen with Akwa Ibomites honesty and hard work resides in our dna
Re: Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) by exlinkleads(f): 9:15am On Dec 11, 2016
loomer:

1million naira nai make am a fool?
with this kind of govt. returning one naira to them makes him a fool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures / 16 Genuine Ways To Make Money As A Nigerian Student / Kenya Brown's Cheese: Female Workers Made To Strip Over Used Sanitary Pad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.