Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,042 members, 7,825,307 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. (58628 Views)

Jobless Lady Returns Money A Company Mistakenly Paid Into Her Account / Keke Driver Returned N1.1M To Owner, Rewarded With N200 For Recharge Card / Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. by Priscy01(f): 4:56pm On Jul 09, 2017
Mrs Husseina Mohammed, a civil servant in kogi state, has been issued with a query by the state government, for allegedly misinforming the public about the excess salary mistakenly paid into her account. .

The sanction is reportedly coming through the instruction given by the State Auditor General, Alhaji Yusuf Okala, who noted that Mrs Mohammed misinformed the public that she had returned the money to the state treasury even when she did not received any alert to confirm such transactions. .

The Auditor General explained that the officer only returned N1.6M on 3rd July, 2017, out of the N1.8M she claimed to have returned, saying “the information has caused confussion in the system”. .said Drinosblog reporters

He also directed that her salary be put on hold over the wrong information she gave the committee. Meanwhile, the family of Mrs Mohammed have expressed their disappointment, insisting that the allegation against her has brought disgrace to the family. .

It was also gathered from a close family source that Mrs Mohammed has been barred from speaking to the press or risk further punishment from the government. .

It was also learnt from a family source that, the said money was paid to the state coffers, but were surprised that weeks later, the cashier who performed the transaction failed to confirm that a particular digit was missing in the account number which the money was paid in. .

According to Drinosblog reporters, "The husband has not been paid for more than 15 months yet they were honest. This family barely feed three square meal just because of the harsh economy and the non payment of salary in kogi state. Are we supposed to blame them or blame the cashier?

The government should also blame their personnel for this defects instead of suffering an innocent soul when she made the state proud. It is unfortunate that they are getting this at this time instead of being honoured for their honesty.

Going by what is happening, if something of such happens again, people will be scared to come out and return such money because they don’t want to be disgraced," the family source stated. Drinosblog Reports.

Source; http://drinosblog..is/2017/07/lady-who-returned-n18m-mistakenly-paid.html

7 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. by HonAdeli(m): 4:58pm On Jul 09, 2017
Haha!!she tried to show her l evel of honesty

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. by LionDeLeo: 5:00pm On Jul 09, 2017
The Auditor General explained that the officer only returned N1.6M on 3rd July, 2017, out of the N1.8M she claimed to have returned, saying “the information has caused confussion in the system”. .said Drinosblog reporters

I still don't understand the ruse here.

Is it that she claimed 1.8m was paid into her account or it was actually paid into her acc?

But the ag also claimed she had returned 1.6m na.

Or is it the seemingly balance of 200k that is the problem?

My suspicion is that this woman unknowingly & innocently bursted a plan to divert the said amount by some thieving ogas and she is to pay for that "sin".

And rather than taking his time to address this and many other injustices taking tolls on Kogi state poor civil servants, that donkey sitting on a stolen mandate is busy flexing muscles with a senator who is very unlikely going to ever get poor, at least not in this life.

Funny enough, these are the so-called youths some dry heads are craving for in the business of public governance. Smh

227 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. by bbm2016(m): 5:05pm On Jul 09, 2017
Do good na hell

Do bad they go praise you

Nigeria don tire me

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. by psucc(m): 5:05pm On Jul 09, 2017
This country will frowned at you where you want to do it aright. To be sincere her going to the press puts some people in a tight corner and they want to pay her back. That's the reason for the query. If she had returned the money quietly she wouldn't have court the problem.

But God will vindicate her. I trust SR to dig deeper into this matter.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jul 09, 2017
Yahaya Bello is the second worst governor in Nigeria after benue. After owing ur workers for months and u see someone who returned excess, now you're putting her salary on hold. You think it's easy to return money in this recession ur party put Nigerians in?

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. by alegbeleye(m): 5:23pm On Jul 09, 2017
We'll all come online with our little mb and rant. What a wasted country.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. by LionDeLeo: 5:30pm On Jul 09, 2017
lofty900:
Yahaya Bello is the second worst governor in Nigeria after benue. After owing ur workers for months and u see someone who returned excess, now you're putting her salary on hold. You think it's easy to return money in this recession ur party put Nigerians in?

The foolish goat will pay for all this nonsense.

Note he is on a stolen mandate because he was not even elected. He is just a beneficiary of some gymnastics following the sudden demise of Abubakar Audu during the collation of election results and rather than using this unique opportunity to create a strong foundation for the ebiras, the donkey is proving to the people of Kogi state that ebiras are the worst when it comes to public trust.

Anyway, let him enjoy while it lasts but certainly, he has successfully destroyed whatever is left for the ebiras in Kogi state politics because I'm pretty sure he will be disgraced out of office as soon as opportunity avails itself.

23 Likes

Re: Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. by NwaNimo1(m): 6:12pm On Jul 09, 2017
Foolish woman .....arrest her for her stupidity and not for siphoning the 200k.

3 Likes

Re: Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. by selfmadeboss: 6:12pm On Jul 09, 2017
i no wan read this nonsense . ABEG JUST SAKE HER
Re: Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. by Fernandowski(m): 6:12pm On Jul 09, 2017
if to say na me

make I no talk my mind shaaa

1 Like

Re: Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. by Oyindidi(f): 6:14pm On Jul 09, 2017
Ok
Re: Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. by emeijeh(m): 6:14pm On Jul 09, 2017
Who do we believe? !
Re: Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. by Pheals(f): 6:14pm On Jul 09, 2017
what! blessed is the servant that applied wisdom .......

if I say it's God blessings
Re: Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. by opedaydydx9(m): 6:14pm On Jul 09, 2017
Ayele ibosi o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. by loomer: 6:15pm On Jul 09, 2017
All these thieves for government wan use the woman do cover up.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. by VickyRotex(f): 6:15pm On Jul 09, 2017
Wetin I no go see for this life.
SQL Query ni. angry
Re: Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. by MrMcJay(m): 6:16pm On Jul 09, 2017
Truth and honesty has become an abomination in this country.
Re: Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. by UnknownT: 6:16pm On Jul 09, 2017
Someone wanted to use her account and embezzle money. But she went to the media too soon and now they are punishing her

13 Likes

Re: Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. by Evablizin(f): 6:16pm On Jul 09, 2017
Hm too bad,God show her mercy abeg

2 Likes

Re: Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. by Pavore9: 6:16pm On Jul 09, 2017
Did they query who authorized the transfer in the first place?

10 Likes

Re: Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jul 09, 2017
Only in Nigeria will someone be punished for trying to do the right thing. I'm sure there was another plan to divert the money to some unscrupulous person. What a jungle.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. by yeyeboi(m): 6:16pm On Jul 09, 2017
Nigerians Can Query You For Being Alive

7 Likes

Re: Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. by kayojosephy(m): 6:16pm On Jul 09, 2017
embarassed

1 Like

Re: Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. by JVgal(f): 6:16pm On Jul 09, 2017
See the outcome of being good? Smh

2 Likes

Re: Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. by ItsTutsi(m): 6:17pm On Jul 09, 2017
All these season of returining money,god knows if i get misplaced money i wont return it!!
Re: Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jul 09, 2017
Who is punishing Yaya Bello who have not been paying workers salaries for decades?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. by ozo13(m): 6:17pm On Jul 09, 2017
Sahara reporters will do d needful

1 Like

Re: Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. by loadedvibes: 6:17pm On Jul 09, 2017
Lol. 200grand for service charge na

2 Likes

Re: Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. by gentlechyke(m): 6:17pm On Jul 09, 2017
is the risk worth the reward? this is how the trash government treats you for being honest and someone tell me we have leaders in this part of the world. Even in the face of unbearable hardship, she managed to return 1.6 and you give her query things like this make people Coldstone icecream hearted. Mtchew. Meanwhile those in the government, in their subconscious state of dubious affairs steal intentionally and nothing is done.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mechatronics Engineering In Nigeria / SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace / Busola Tejumola: Is She The Most Beautiful Executive Manager In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.