Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,310 members, 7,815,564 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Age Cheat Chukwudi Fortune - Evidence Released, What Now? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Age Cheat Chukwudi Fortune - Evidence Released, What Now? (5873 Views)

Soccer Age Cheat Saga, "I'm 20 Not 23"-emem Eduok. / @Age Cheat;Mikel Is Actually 34 Years..... / Fortune Chukwudi (Under-17 Captain) Is At Least 25 Years Old (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Age Cheat Chukwudi Fortune - Evidence Released, What Now? by honeric01(m): 9:36am On Nov 13, 2009
proudly9ja:

honeric,

While I do not want to speak for Adokie, I also have some questions to ask.

Why did the NFA shroud the preparation of these boys in secrecy?
Immediately after the MRI scan, they took the boys to UAE. Infact the NFA chairman came out and said the will take testimonies of the parents of the boys as evidence of their ages. That was when I began to smell trouble.

Are we really sure the boys underwent the MRI scan? Which hospital and can they show us the pictures of the boys who failed the scan?
Before the tournament, a newspaper reported that one of the boys who failed the MRI scan was still included in the team. Knowing Nigeria, this won't be hard. All he has to do is change his name, simple and no one will know.

Another question is, why didn't the boys play a friendly match in Nigeria before the tournament or at least why didn't the NFA publish the list of players plus their photo IDs way before the tournament? That way, people would have spoken out. If the NFA had done this and Adokie had still waited till now to speak then I would have suspected bad blood too. But giving Adokie benefit of doubt, he said, he wrote aout the boy immediately he saw his picture when it was released before the tournament.

Overall, whether there is bad blood or not, the fact is that we have once again shown we are a rogue Nation and the only way out is to punish those involved. Maybe not even the players, but the people involved in covering up the misdeeds.

Didn't you read that 15 players was dropped
Re: Age Cheat Chukwudi Fortune - Evidence Released, What Now? by Nobody: 10:27am On Nov 13, 2009
How long will we continue to cheat our way to these age-group competitions where the aim is primarily developmental?
And i wonder why people criticize Adokiye for revealing the truth,as if timing has anything to do with it.A cheat is a cheat,regardless of whenever he is exposed.
is it that things have decayed so badly that people are actually saying that the revelation should have come before the competition started?
And for some people's information,Adokiye is a made man;both on and off the pitch,so he needs little or none of the publicity some NLers are saying he's looking for.
some people masquerading to be Nigerians on this thread should be ashamed of themselves,with all their degrees.Apparently if they can support falsehood,there's no reason not to imply that they earned their degrees in an appropriate way.
Re: Age Cheat Chukwudi Fortune - Evidence Released, What Now? by MrCrackles(m): 10:44am On Nov 13, 2009
honeric01:

Didn't you read that 15 players was dropped
The reason why 15 players were dropped was because they were all over 40! grin
It was more manageable to take over 30's as it wont be too obvious. . .

Digriz:

Am nt a cheat cos my profile pic shows dat am me bt your truly d master cheat by impersonating anoda guys pics.
Judge by your ownself nw,who's d real cheat here?
Your defence of age cheats is fucking pathetic. . .
You are a disgrace to the human race!
Re: Age Cheat Chukwudi Fortune - Evidence Released, What Now? by honeric01(m): 10:47am On Nov 13, 2009
MrCrackles:

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]The reason why 15 players were dropped was because they were all over 40! grin
It was more manageable to take over 30's as it wont be too obvious. . .

Have you seen these players in person? i have seen them in person, apart from the captain that looks older both in looks and in age, 90% of the squad are within the ages of 15-23. they look very young, smallish and also young in faces
Re: Age Cheat Chukwudi Fortune - Evidence Released, What Now? by Sagamite(m): 11:03am On Nov 13, 2009
Jonnic1:

Let's stop deceiving ourselves, I am not supporting age cheats in anyway, but lets be honest for once, how may of us talking about age cheats do in all honesty declare our true age in documentation/applications/vacancies we apply for. In Nigeria today people hide their true age for various reasons, especially in the civil service.

Did we care to ask about the players paraded by other Countries if they are truly 17 years of age or not, or is it in Nigeria alone that we have supposedly age cheats? How many of you can truly raise a team of true under 17 players if supposedly you are appointed to raise an under 17 side for Nigeria? When you were 17 years old how did you look like, perhaps you have boys and girls around you who are 17 years of age, how do they look like? So what I am saying in effect is that placed in the same situation as Coach of the under 17 side, most of us will definitely include over aged players in the team.

You must be on some serious drugs. You think everyone lacks principles, scruples, competence and conscience like you? angry

Speak for yourself, mate.
Re: Age Cheat Chukwudi Fortune - Evidence Released, What Now? by allboyz(m): 11:08am On Nov 13, 2009
ramoni Azeez AKA shanko is a big broda in ma hood here. . .he usually send me on errand then, whip some sturborn fellas (mi and ma frnds) back then, . .now im older than him ryt? embarassed embarassed
Re: Age Cheat Chukwudi Fortune - Evidence Released, What Now? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:11am On Nov 13, 2009
I dare say, we are a bunch of double-standard cowards (for those who hide behind timing of the revelation and question the motive.) If Mr A murders Mr B and decides to reveal it at Mr B's funeral, would you question his motive or timing or simply arrest him. If Farida Waziri comes out to confess (with facts) that she has secretly being protecting Ibori from the cantankerous long arm of the law, would you question her motives or simply apply justice duly.

Majority of Nigerians are aware of the fact that a large portion of our boys have falsified their ages and it is not something new to Nigeria from Sports to Politics to Job Recruitment and even Relationships. It is second-nature to falsify our age to gain entry into some "advantageous" position.

[size=15pt]SIN is SIN whether we recognize it now or later, we will pay for the consequences inevitably.[/size]

I woke up this morning to rants that, we are good for the trophy but FIFA will place a ban for Age-cheating, but who cares, we have the trophy and it has come to stay.

Consider this.
1: FIFA are well aware of the Security situation in Nigeria and the potential for violence if they proceed to investigate while the competition is on-going.
2: They would prefer the competition to end and every team is safely back in their respective countries before they take up an investigation into Age-cheats during the competition not just (Nigeria)
3: If found guilty, the entire TEAM not the individual will pay the penalty and receive a 4-year Ban
4: The worst part, We will have to come up to the whole world to return the trophy and medals for cheating (twice in FIFA under 17 football History)

I know the Cheating-Supporters-Club will now question FIFA's motive why they acted late and not before or during the competition.

FYI, FIFA did not screen our TEAM for this competition (They will never do that to any country) they simply do random screening of any team and any individual

[size=18pt]NFF never did MRI scan on any of our Under 17 Team-players, they simply collected testimonials from their parents attesting that they were the age they claimed. If you remember Taiwo Ogunjobi saying they do not Trust FIFA MRI Scan[/size]

http://allafrica.com/stories/200908210643.html

[size=15pt]Now the federation is making out it doubts the authenticity of the results, and therefore the integrity of the doctors, the National Hospital in Abuja and that of the world football governing body, FIFA.

NFF is now trying to summon the parents of the players affected in order to make them testify against capability of science and technology and against everyone that would like to tow the line of the results that the doctors and FIFA had declared in relations to the alleged over-aged players.[/size]
Re: Age Cheat Chukwudi Fortune - Evidence Released, What Now? by Sagamite(m): 11:16am On Nov 13, 2009
Digriz:

Nigerians like pulling down their own who's progressing and as for Adokie or wateva u called hm,he's just been jealous and shuld b cautioned for outbursting his wrath at dis stage of d tournament.
Mind u that they are cheating Africans too thru bad officiating by d referees,our case was different because we are hosting and d knw d implication of early exit frm d tournament.
So my fellows,lets b hapy and gv our suport to ths boys 4 bringing smiles to our faces than critisizing them out of notin.

Digriz:

Nigerians,if u play badly d wl say dat your unpatriotic nw d boys wnt to put smiles on our faces thru their progress,its nw age cheat. Na waa o! Even Obadya or wat u cal hm dat win d golden boot 4 Ghana in Egypt,was he unda 20 too? Nigerians are cause of their backwardness.

Honestly when I say this, I mean it from the bottom of my heart:

You are really, really, really a stupid person.

You are the personification of a slowpoke.

Your opinion is as useless as the excrement of a pig.

What a foooooooooooool!
Re: Age Cheat Chukwudi Fortune - Evidence Released, What Now? by MrCrackles(m): 11:32am On Nov 13, 2009
honeric01:

Have you seen these players in person? i have seen them in person, apart from the captain that looks older both in looks and in age, 90% of the squad are within the ages of 15-23. they look very young, smallish and also young in faces
I dont believe it. . .
90% of the squad 15-23 shocked shocked shocked
You must be having a laugh. . .
My younger brother is only 17, 6ft 4inch and built. . . . .
If you line him up with them age cheats, you will see the difference clearly btw old heads and youngings! grin
Re: Age Cheat Chukwudi Fortune - Evidence Released, What Now? by ayusman16(m): 12:40pm On Nov 13, 2009
we shld all quit using MRI test as a means of detect ages. if it was then none of d players wld av been eligible 2 play. D scan cannot wrk of d bones of Africans. It is shocking 2 c our young Nigerians rising up 2 defend cheats? so whr ar d future leaders that will bring changes 2 dis country? it is sad!
Re: Age Cheat Chukwudi Fortune - Evidence Released, What Now? by duduspace(m): 1:34pm On Nov 13, 2009
The large number of people like Digriz we have in the country is the very reason why Nigeria is not likely to start progressing anytime soon, imagine demonizing a whistle blower who is only interested in things being done right in the country. Does he think anyone likes to embarrass his own country?
This is an issue we all know has existed in the country and someone has been bold enough to bring it to the fore with evidence and what do my people do? demonize and accuse him of acting against the interest of his country.
It is a shame that if these boys win the tournament, they will go to various religious houses to celebrate and the glory will be given to god and none of those so called religious leaders will point this blatant lies out.
We've really got a long way to go in this country.
Re: Age Cheat Chukwudi Fortune - Evidence Released, What Now? by Sagamite(m): 1:47pm On Nov 13, 2009
duduspace:

It is a shame that if these boys win the tournament, they will go to various religious houses to celebrate and the glory will be given to god and none of those so called religious leaders will point this blatant lies out.

Abeg no make me puke, otherwise you will be buying me another lunch to replace it. angry grin
Re: Age Cheat Chukwudi Fortune - Evidence Released, What Now? by ayusman16(m): 2:08pm On Nov 13, 2009
Thats d gospel truth. I sincerely pray we lose 4 all 2 knw dat cheating does nt pay.
Re: Age Cheat Chukwudi Fortune - Evidence Released, What Now? by jite(f): 12:58pm On Nov 17, 2009
We lost. Even with the papas. Guess that says it all

(1) (2) (Reply)

2weeks Free Tips / NFF Proposes N524m For Canada 2015 / NFF Denies Owing Rohr And Denneby Three Months Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.