Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,828 members, 7,810,181 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:41 PM

Spam Bot Issues - How Do You Contact A Moderator? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Spam Bot Issues - How Do You Contact A Moderator? (741 Views)

How Do I Become A Moderator / Do You Support Mama-gee's Ambition Of Becoming A Moderator? (poll Inside) / Nairaland Disapearing Posts, Automatic Ban And Anti-spam Bot! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spam Bot Issues - How Do You Contact A Moderator? by Nobody: 11:06am On Nov 12, 2009
I fell victim to the spam BOT yesterday, couldn't see the posts I made, it would show when I hit the reply button, and my name would also show as the last poster.

However, if I opened the thread, the post wouldn't be visible. And if I checked my last posts via my profile, I would again see it.

How do members contact a Moderator for a particular section? You can't PM them, and bar the "report to a moderator" function (which you can't use for your own posts) there's no way of getting through. Is there a section whereby Moderators have contact details? I'm fully aware most people (myself included) don't like leaving personal email details in their profiles.

It would help if Moderators though did have some form of contact by members!
Re: Spam Bot Issues - How Do You Contact A Moderator? by dominique(f): 12:26pm On Nov 12, 2009
you have a point there. i've been a victim of those damn bots more than once myself (you're lucky you didn't get banned). some sections have a complaints thread, but the mods have to close it cos some members abuse it by posting spam messages and irrelevant complains.
why not post the link of the topic, maybe the mods that visit here regularly will take care of it.
Re: Spam Bot Issues - How Do You Contact A Moderator? by manmustwac(m): 2:00pm On Nov 12, 2009
Happened to me as well, but got released after a few hours after telling another mod.
Re: Spam Bot Issues - How Do You Contact A Moderator? by SeanT21(f): 6:58pm On Nov 12, 2009
Siena, If U are in trouble, e-mail me the link to the page and I will report to Seun. U know my e-mail already bro.
Re: Spam Bot Issues - How Do You Contact A Moderator? by dani1luv: 7:06pm On Nov 12, 2009
^^But moderators have duties imposed on them pertaining the spam bot issue undecided
Re: Spam Bot Issues - How Do You Contact A Moderator? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Nov 12, 2009
Thanks, Taylor, sent.
Re: Spam Bot Issues - How Do You Contact A Moderator? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Nov 14, 2009
Still nothing's changed - the posts I made on that thread are still invisible! angry
Re: Spam Bot Issues - How Do You Contact A Moderator? by SeanT21(f): 5:35am On Nov 15, 2009
Siena:

Still nothing's changed - the posts I made on that thread are still invisible! angry

I reported the link to Seun. Sorry. lipsrsealed
Re: Spam Bot Issues - How Do You Contact A Moderator? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Nov 15, 2009
No worries, Taylor.

It's happened again today, in another section! angry
Re: Spam Bot Issues - How Do You Contact A Moderator? by Epi: 5:02pm On Nov 15, 2009
Siena:

No worries, Taylor.

It's happened again today, in another section! angry
u better b immuned to the spam bot like me hahaha grin grin grin I no longer get upset when the spam bot eat-up my posts. I figure one of these days when the spam bot belly is full im must throw-up everything grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

My Quit Notice And Rent Expired Today. Please Help With Advice! / Valucard Nigeria Plc Recruits / Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Do U Prefer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.