Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,126 members, 7,845,740 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Oodua FM And It's Possibilities For Yorubaland - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Oodua FM And It's Possibilities For Yorubaland (747 Views)

Covid19:maye Of Yorubaland Donates Millions Of Naira / Business Possibilities With Instagram Account / Benedict Peters On Nigeria’s Energy Future And Post PIGBA Possibilities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Oodua FM And It's Possibilities For Yorubaland by babulicious: 4:09pm On Dec 08, 2016
By Olanrewaju Oyedeji

In my few years of Journalism across Nigeria especially as a Student I have picked interest in my state Development probably because I feel patriotism, I hail from Ikire and have links to Ondo state, as a young Journalist who has seen it all for what it takes to be a successful Journalist, I feel writing this is very appropriate.
The truth is in Osun state whenever a radio springs up we have the political touch that people say is the reason why the owners founded it, no gainsaying we have a situation in which persons use radio as a means of tackling each other, it is true that controlling the media goes a long way in boosting your political career, little wonder that people pay a lot of millions and even billions to Media Moguls to air their political campaign for just hours, such is the power of media and the recognition of this fact.
During the last election in Osun state it was very feasible that media played a huge role in determining so many things but that is a story of another day.
The birth of Oodua FM is however new to the environment of Osun state.
I picked interest in the station long back before now and took out time to find out about the reason for its existence been someone with much curiosity and eagerness .
While we may feel that the owner of Oodua FM is a politician, I am surprised by the massive investment that has been given to Osun state through Oodua FM, while so many persons may not have had the opportunity to pay a visit to the place, whoever does will see that the future is really bright for the quest of Ooni of Ife to make Osun state a centre of attraction, the facilities are not just the reason why I am writing this but the various spelt out vision of the radio and the independence the radio is set to enjoy.
While Ile-Ife needs to live up to its tourism bill, the believe is that in the politics of this Oodua FM will play a pivotal role, for a station that can boast of world class equipments, branding and great projection, we maybe having something different from the norm in Osun state,something different in terms of goal, reason for the station, pattern of achievement,more tourist attraction to the state and Ile-Ife especially.
You may want to agree with me that no massive investment comes to a locality without a multiplier effect on the Economy of the location, just like job opportunities will be created and society will be developed, it is very pertinent to state that in the vision of any society the role of media cannot be downplayed and really the vision of the Oodua land will be complete more with Oodua FM.
While the commissioning takes place within two days,one must join all Ile-Ife indigenes including all states around the South West having been opportuned to travel around the South-Western states in hoping for the best for Oodua FM and for the best for dreams of its owner in the establishment.
While one must encourage further modern day investment in the media,one must also encourage sincerity of purpose in this pursuit and goal without any ulterior prejudice or motive just like Oodua FM poses based on the vision and dream of the founder.

Olanrewaju Oyedeji is a Journalist, Former National Chairman of Nigerian Campus Editors, International writer,Author,Social Media Enthusiast and On-Air Personality .

(1) (Reply)

Help Please!!! Bank Claimed I'm Not The Owner Of My Account / Payoneer Card / Winning With Forex Lagos, A Powerful Workshop This Next Weekend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.