Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,920 members, 7,835,072 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Unpaid Allowances: We Never Knew Falcons Would Win–fg - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Unpaid Allowances: We Never Knew Falcons Would Win–fg (387 Views)

Jay-Jay Okocha: "Racism In Germany, I Never Knew I Was Black Until I Got There" / Super Eagles Call Off Their strike In Egypt Over Unpaid Allowances / Unpaid Allowances: Dalung Meets Super Falcons Players (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Unpaid Allowances: We Never Knew Falcons Would Win–fg by ishowlekon(m): 6:32pm On Dec 08, 2016
The Federal Government explained on Thursday that it did not know that the Super Falcons would win the 2016 African Women Nations’ Cup, hence its failure to prepare to pay their allowances.
The Minister of Sports, Mr Soloman Dalung, explained this to State House journalists.
He stated: “It is unfortunate that we are celebrating victory of the Super Falcons, they have stamped their authority and dominance over football in the continent, having consistently won the trophy eight times. However amidst some bitter feelings among the players because of some administrative lapses that was not managed properly because if the situation was explained to these girls I don’t think the situation would have gotten to this level.
“After the girls came back from Cameroon we had launch with them and they were in high spirits, the communication gap in trying to convey the situation to them could have been what led to it. We are working round to clock to ensure that what belongs to them legitimately is given to them.
“This has to do with government process .One thing I always make clear is that the process of request for funds for sporting projects must come earlier to meet the objectives.
“Don’t forget that nobody even knew the team will emerge victorious ,but we were confident they will emerge victorious all the federation would have done is to plan for process of participation and entitlement and when they win it is already established in sports tradition, when you win this is what you are entitled to.
“The situation is highly unfortunate and I don’t like it,this girls have given confidence to women who want to embrace sports, so this will go a long way in killing this laudable achievement. It is unfortunate but we will make sure the right thing is done”.
The minister also said that the nation’s football governance needed a surgery to forestall further embarrassment.

sahelstandard.com/index.php/2016/12/08/unpaid-allowances-we-never-knew-falcons-would-win-fg/
Re: Unpaid Allowances: We Never Knew Falcons Would Win–fg by ollymoore: 6:56pm On Dec 08, 2016
Meaning
Re: Unpaid Allowances: We Never Knew Falcons Would Win–fg by kollintin(m): 6:59pm On Dec 08, 2016
;Dlike seriously which kind country be dis

(1) (Reply)

Flying Eagles Cry Out Over Unpaid Bonuses / Andy Murray Becomes A Knight / Quick WWE Raw Match Results For Monday 2/JAN/17 (www.firegain.com)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.