Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,325 members, 7,819,113 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

Super Eagles Call Off Their strike In Egypt Over Unpaid Allowances - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles Call Off Their strike In Egypt Over Unpaid Allowances (12641 Views)

AFCON 2019: Players Threaten To Leave Egypt Over Match Bonuses / AFCON: Amr Warda Sent Home From Egypt Over Leaked Chat With Women / #AFCON2019: Super Eagles Go On Strike In Egypt Over Unpaid Allowances (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Super Eagles Call Off Their strike In Egypt Over Unpaid Allowances by schoolnascam: 9:02am On Jun 26, 2019
Nigeria’s Super Eagles have suspended their training strike over unpaid bonuses at the Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt following last-minute intervention by top football officials.

The team finally agreed to train in Alexandria, 30 minutes after schedule, after the Nigerian Football Federation (NFF) promised to pay a win bonus from their 1-0 victory over Burundi on Saturday, by the end of the week.

NFF spokesman Ademola Olajire said “the matter has been resolved”, conceding that funds for the tournament had arrived late.

“The NFF received part of the money meant for the tournament today and is in the process of converting it to dollars to pay the players and officials. The only money they’re owed is the win-bonus for the Burundi match” he said.

The bonuses were expected to be paid by the NFF after Saturday’s game ended. Officials close to the team, who spoke under anonymity, told AFP that following reassurances from the NFF “the team captain spoke to the players, asking them to show some understanding after which the team agreed to train”.

The players had earlier boycotted the official pre-match conference. Other NFF officials disclosed that the players have been paid a daily training allowance of $200-a-player from June 2 to June 30.

Source: https://www.collinsuchendusblog.com/2019/06/updatesuper-eagles-call-off-theirstrike.html?m=1

1 Share

Re: Super Eagles Call Off Their strike In Egypt Over Unpaid Allowances by schoolnascam: 9:02am On Jun 26, 2019
Re: Super Eagles Call Off Their strike In Egypt Over Unpaid Allowances by Obainoneandonly(m): 9:08am On Jun 26, 2019
they better do. I carry dem straight win for my ticket

16 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Call Off Their strike In Egypt Over Unpaid Allowances by Aonkuuse(m): 9:11am On Jun 26, 2019
NFF chairman is just a flop

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Call Off Their strike In Egypt Over Unpaid Allowances by Horus(m): 9:30am On Jun 26, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV3G9vQWSQo

Nigeria's training ahead of Guinea six pointer
Re: Super Eagles Call Off Their strike In Egypt Over Unpaid Allowances by UNIZIK1stSon(m): 12:22pm On Jun 26, 2019
They'll now be claiming the small training led to the ordinary 1-0 victory over Burundi....

undecided undecided undecided

Meanwhile........

Below 18?

Don't dare Click HERE!!!
Re: Super Eagles Call Off Their strike In Egypt Over Unpaid Allowances by Sonofthunder9(m): 12:22pm On Jun 26, 2019
G
Re: Super Eagles Call Off Their strike In Egypt Over Unpaid Allowances by Kaydans(m): 12:22pm On Jun 26, 2019
Obainoneandonly:

they won't. the match is likely going to end in a draw or Naby Keita's team win

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Call Off Their strike In Egypt Over Unpaid Allowances by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jun 26, 2019
Won jebi!!!!!
Re: Super Eagles Call Off Their strike In Egypt Over Unpaid Allowances by countryfive: 12:23pm On Jun 26, 2019
angry most of them don't really need the money
They should use this opportunity to upgrade their
Contracts signed with foreign clubs
This bonus issue may lead to their downfall
If the choose to make it their headache
Re: Super Eagles Call Off Their strike In Egypt Over Unpaid Allowances by Wantedmiller: 12:24pm On Jun 26, 2019
bloggers go kill person

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Call Off Their strike In Egypt Over Unpaid Allowances by nairalee(m): 12:28pm On Jun 26, 2019
Mikel had to beg them profusely
Re: Super Eagles Call Off Their strike In Egypt Over Unpaid Allowances by Ihutomi: 12:30pm On Jun 26, 2019
Is this NFF not tired of disgrace

7 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Call Off Their strike In Egypt Over Unpaid Allowances by tricosite(m): 12:30pm On Jun 26, 2019
This Nigerian as a Country is a joke.. There is nothing good about it.. Just tanish Image, I don't blame the boys I blame the Stupid Government... Always want to play smart the girls did the same.. Shame on you all. God will Punish the leader and their entire Family...

5 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Call Off Their strike In Egypt Over Unpaid Allowances by helinues: 12:31pm On Jun 26, 2019
Shame

Ants of Africa
Re: Super Eagles Call Off Their strike In Egypt Over Unpaid Allowances by Jeilani244(m): 12:33pm On Jun 26, 2019
I hope it won't affect them in winning wining today's match
Re: Super Eagles Call Off Their strike In Egypt Over Unpaid Allowances by Donwyz(m): 12:36pm On Jun 26, 2019
.I know that it is their right to demand for their pay but most of them earn millions and millions of naira from their clubs every week and this money doesn't even compare. there are better ways of demanding for their pay instead of embarrassing the nation publicly. The captain should engage the management of the federation and I know very well that the federation is trying and maybe the present lack of sports minister is affecting this payment issue too. This players are fucken greedy abeg. Last year at the world cup they got all their money before the competition started and they couldn't even get pass the group stage. There are civil servants and public servants in Nigeria especially the army that work even harder than this yeye footballers but they don't earn up to half of what this players earn from the country still they parade themselves as ungrateful humans...They are a lot of youths in Nigeria looking for an opportunity to play football for Nigeria even for as low as 100thousand monthly but this ones are privileged but greedy as well. playing for their nation should be a thing of pride. Them de mad sef. if they like make dem no train

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Super Eagles Call Off Their strike In Egypt Over Unpaid Allowances by santopelele(m): 12:37pm On Jun 26, 2019
Abeg make them winooo, i place 10k for dis their 2.0 odd to win guinea, atleat to make 20k in 90mins
Re: Super Eagles Call Off Their strike In Egypt Over Unpaid Allowances by sammymama: 12:38pm On Jun 26, 2019
Dey do well.

For stubborn STI check my info
Re: Super Eagles Call Off Their strike In Egypt Over Unpaid Allowances by Lanre4uonly(m): 12:40pm On Jun 26, 2019
Good to know.
Re: Super Eagles Call Off Their strike In Egypt Over Unpaid Allowances by Buyitnaija: 12:45pm On Jun 26, 2019
MAKE MONEY WITH YOUR INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT. SEND ME A DM TO GET DETAILS. check my signature for contact details
Re: Super Eagles Call Off Their strike In Egypt Over Unpaid Allowances by YoungG12(m): 12:46pm On Jun 26, 2019
Obainoneandonly:
i carry them Un 3.5 grin grin

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Call Off Their strike In Egypt Over Unpaid Allowances by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jun 26, 2019
Aonkuuse:
NFF chairman is just a flop
Most times they have to get funding from FG
Re: Super Eagles Call Off Their strike In Egypt Over Unpaid Allowances by Cmanforall: 12:50pm On Jun 26, 2019
Is it a win bonus they are protesting against or normal allowances?
schoolnascam:

Nigeria’s Super Eagles have suspended their training strike over unpaid bonuses at the Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt following last-minute intervention by top football officials.

The team finally agreed to train in Alexandria, 30 minutes after schedule, after the Nigerian Football Federation (NFF) promised to pay a win bonus from their 1-0 victory over Burundi on Saturday, by the end of the week.

NFF spokesman Ademola Olajire said “the matter has been resolved”, conceding that funds for the tournament had arrived late.

“The NFF received part of the money meant for the tournament today and is in the process of converting it to dollars to pay the players and officials. The only money they’re owed is the win-bonus for the Burundi match” he said.

The bonuses were expected to be paid by the NFF after Saturday’s game ended. Officials close to the team, who spoke under anonymity, told AFP that following reassurances from the NFF “the team captain spoke to the players, asking them to show some understanding after which the team agreed to train”.

The players had earlier boycotted the official pre-match conference. Other NFF officials disclosed that the players have been paid a daily training allowance of $200-a-player from June 2 to June 30.

Source: https://www.collinsuchendusblog.com/2019/06/updatesuper-eagles-call-off-theirstrike.html?m=1
Re: Super Eagles Call Off Their strike In Egypt Over Unpaid Allowances by Walelavender(m): 12:52pm On Jun 26, 2019
Yes, it is their right to earn what they worked for,but when it becomes a public outcry when not paid on time, it turns out to be disgusting. It is a privilege to wear the national colours.
Re: Super Eagles Call Off Their strike In Egypt Over Unpaid Allowances by Cmanforall: 12:55pm On Jun 26, 2019
Can you check and correct appropriately?
Donwyz:
.I know that it is their right to demand for their pay but most of them end millions and millions of naira from their clubs every week and this money doesn't even compare. there are better ways of demanding for their pay instead of embarrassing the nation publicly. The captain should engage the management of the federation and I know very well that the federation is trying and maybe the present lack of sports minister is affecting this payment issue too. This players are fucken greedy abeg. Last year at the world cup they got all their money before the competition started and they couldn't even get pass the group stage. There are civil servants and public servants in Nigeria especially the army that work even harder than this yeye footballers but they don't end up to half of what this players end from the country still they parade themselves as ungrateful humans...They are a lot of youths in Nigeria looking for an opportunity to play football for Nigeria even for as low as 100thousand monthly but this ones are privileged but greedy as well. playing for their nation should be a thing of pride. Them de mad sef. if they like make dem no train
Re: Super Eagles Call Off Their strike In Egypt Over Unpaid Allowances by gosmoney(m): 12:59pm On Jun 26, 2019
countryfive:
angry most of them don't really need the money
They should use this opportunity to upgrade their
Contracts signed with foreign clubs
This bonus issue may lead to their downfall
If the choose to make it their headache
so why are dey playing when dey don't really need d money for fun? Yeye dey do u
Re: Super Eagles Call Off Their strike In Egypt Over Unpaid Allowances by SoNature(m): 1:05pm On Jun 26, 2019
Why are they paying them in dollars? undecided

Are they hired American footballers?

Why are they dollarizing our economy?

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Call Off Their strike In Egypt Over Unpaid Allowances by Donwyz(m): 1:10pm On Jun 26, 2019
Cmanforall:
Can you check and correct appropriately?
lol...."earn" I mean.....I bn de vex type am

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Call Off Their strike In Egypt Over Unpaid Allowances by googi: 1:11pm On Jun 26, 2019
While I can understand your frustration compared to poor unpaid workers at home, you are undercutting your own argument by encouraging lawlessness of looters. No allocated money for anything is safe again in Nigeria. Someone along the line would be bold enough to divert it.

You call the players rich. And so what? They should lose money agreed to be paid? All the excuse that it came late is nonsense. If they do not refuse to play or train, they will never get their money. Apart from that, some international players have to bribe to play.

Your indignation is understandable but inadvertently encouraging corruption. None payment of what Nigerians are entitled to is now a constant part of our life.

Those old enough cannot even contemplate non-payment of salaries of workers in Nigeria. We used to lend other countries money to pay their workers!

Donwyz:
.I know that it is their right to demand for their pay but most of them end millions and millions of naira from their clubs every week and this money doesn't even compare. there are better ways of demanding for their pay instead of embarrassing the nation publicly. The captain should engage the management of the federation and I know very well that the federation is trying and maybe the present lack of sports minister is affecting this payment issue too. This players are fucken greedy abeg. Last year at the world cup they got all their money before the competition started and they couldn't even get pass the group stage. There are civil servants and public servants in Nigeria especially the army that work even harder than this yeye footballers but they don't end up to half of what this players end from the country still they parade themselves as ungrateful humans...They are a lot of youths in Nigeria looking for an opportunity to play football for Nigeria even for as low as 100thousand monthly but this ones are privileged but greedy as well. playing for their nation should be a thing of pride. Them de mad sef. if they like make dem no train

3 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Call Off Their strike In Egypt Over Unpaid Allowances by phonemakemoney: 1:12pm On Jun 26, 2019
Obainoneandonly:
You should have chosen win or draw. Anything can happen.

(1) (2) (Reply)

First Nigerian To Play Professional footie in England? / LMC Clarifies Timing In Katsina United Vs Remo Stars Match / Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.