Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,523 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:52 AM

Who Would You Like To Die First: Husband Or Wife? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Would You Like To Die First: Husband Or Wife? (2127 Views)

As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin / British Mum Leaves Baby To Die During Sex Romp With A Nigerian(PIC) / Who Is The Rightful Owner Of The Breast? The Husband Or The Child. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Would You Like To Die First: Husband Or Wife? by deeplo(m): 12:44pm On Nov 12, 2009
People, this has always been what comes to my mind everyday and i will like to hear your opinion about it.
Most couples tend to love each other till death do them apart but one thing is certain someone has to die first.

The wife would want the husband to go first because she want the property or will to be in her favour and belong to her alone ( but most will prefer to say "for her children").
while the man will want the woman to die first so that he can become youth again and live life while it last.
Which ever way it goes death is inevitable, but who would you prefer to die first and state your reason.
thank you
Re: Who Would You Like To Die First: Husband Or Wife? by kellorah: 12:47pm On Nov 12, 2009
LOL!

Err, I would like to go first. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed That way he can do the mourning. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Who Would You Like To Die First: Husband Or Wife? by Fhemmmy: 3:47pm On Nov 12, 2009
i will like to go first, cos i will be lost without her
Re: Who Would You Like To Die First: Husband Or Wife? by Memunah(f): 12:24pm On Nov 13, 2009
husband now!he can go anytime from 60 years, undecidedso i can take care of the children while he is gone
Re: Who Would You Like To Die First: Husband Or Wife? by OEO: 12:31pm On Nov 13, 2009
Well, this decision or contribution is very personal.

My Father once told me that he prayed about it, he wanted to die first, so that someone will be there to mourn him, fortunate that was what happened.

It is my desire also, that I die be4 my wife.
Re: Who Would You Like To Die First: Husband Or Wife? by kokorunna(m): 3:51pm On Nov 13, 2009
I will leave that to the Almighty Father to decide.
Re: Who Would You Like To Die First: Husband Or Wife? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Nov 13, 2009
who ever time is up.
Re: Who Would You Like To Die First: Husband Or Wife? by kellorah: 1:32am On Nov 14, 2009
Memunah:

husband now!he can go anytime from 60 years, undecidedso i can take care of the children while he is gone
Don't forget that by then ur kids will be grown ups, with kids even.
Re: Who Would You Like To Die First: Husband Or Wife? by Fhemmmy: 1:49am On Nov 14, 2009
kellorah:

Don't forget that by then your kids will be grown ups, with kids even.

seems like this person have some other agenda after the age of 60 for her husband, i hope the husband will be careful.
Re: Who Would You Like To Die First: Husband Or Wife? by SeanT21(f): 3:37am On Nov 14, 2009
Ridiculous question. lipsrsealed
Re: Who Would You Like To Die First: Husband Or Wife? by Fhemmmy: 3:42am On Nov 14, 2009
SeanT21:

Ridiculous question. lipsrsealed

Lol . . . tongue
Re: Who Would You Like To Die First: Husband Or Wife? by Sissy3(f): 9:55am On Nov 14, 2009
weird question.

whoever God decides he wants FIRST
Re: Who Would You Like To Die First: Husband Or Wife? by N101: 2:08pm On Nov 14, 2009
deeplo:

People, this has always been what comes to my mind everyday and i will like to hear your opinion about it.
Most couples tend to love each other till death do them apart but one thing is certain someone has to die first.

The wife would want the husband to go first because she want the property or will to be in her favour and belong to her alone ( but most will prefer to say "for her children"wink.
while the man will want the woman to die first so that he can become youth again and live life while it last.

Which ever way it goes death is inevitable, but who would you prefer to die first and state your reason.
thank you

That is pretty dumb reasoning - might be true for young couples or those who are unhappily married.  For older couples and those who have been together for years the last thing that woman is thinking about is getting her hands on property and the man thinking of being young again.

Do you know what it's like to lose someone that close to you?  It is the kind of heartbreak and pain you wouldn't wish on anyone.  It's like being stuck in a nightmare you can't see the end of.  It's not the kind of thing you get over in a hurry either.

Not all men re-marry or relive their youth when their spouse dies, and many women are quite happy to leave the family home because the memories are too painful. In fact, most of the time they are shadows of their former selves.
Re: Who Would You Like To Die First: Husband Or Wife? by Fhemmmy: 2:34pm On Nov 14, 2009
N101:

That is pretty dumb reasoning - might be true for young couples or those who are unhappily married.  For older couples and those who have been together for years the last thing that woman is thinking about is getting her hands on property and the man thinking of being young again.

Do you know what it's like to lose someone that close to you?  It is the kind of heartbreak and pain you wouldn't wish on anyone.  It's like being stuck in a nightmare you can't see the end of.  It's not the kind of thing you get over in a hurry either.

Not all men re-marry or relive their youth when their spouse dies, and many women are quite happy to leave the family home because the memories are too painful. In fact, most of the time they are shadows of their former selves.

Inasmuch as you have a good point, you will agree that the dude has some point too, marriages these days are full of funny characters and it is all like a movies, how i wish we can read what goes on in the mind of the other half in the home.
Re: Who Would You Like To Die First: Husband Or Wife? by deeplo(m): 5:25pm On Nov 14, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Inasmuch as you have a good point, you will agree that the dude has some point too, marriages these days are full of funny characters and it is all like a movies, how i wish we can read what goes on in the mind of the other half in the home.

@Fhemmmy thanks u , some ppl think others are not as wise as them.
we all know that is more than pain when you lost someone close not to talk of your better half. death is ineveitable but someone must go first.
Re: Who Would You Like To Die First: Husband Or Wife? by agathamari(f): 7:11pm On Nov 14, 2009
old topic
Re: Who Would You Like To Die First: Husband Or Wife? by Fhemmmy: 11:11pm On Nov 14, 2009
agathamari:

old topic

Old topic with new character on a daily occourence
Re: Who Would You Like To Die First: Husband Or Wife? by N101: 12:52am On Nov 15, 2009
Fhemmmy:

No one knows what's in anyone's mind, whether they're married to them or not.  However I find it annoying when people can trivialise the loss of a spouse down to "what is in it for me".  When a spouse dies, unless someone is particularly bitter and/or resentful, those matters are the last thing on people's minds.  Maybe it's on the mind of the rest of the family who weren't in the relationship.

In any case, I probably don't watch those movies or hang with those people.  Not everyone is in a marriage for fraudulent reasons.  There may be some people who do it, but in my experience they are not in the majority.
Re: Who Would You Like To Die First: Husband Or Wife? by Fhemmmy: 1:41am On Nov 15, 2009
N101:

No one knows what's in anyone's mind, whether they're married to them or not.  However I find it annoying when people can trivialise the loss of a spouse down to "what is in it for me".  When a spouse dies, unless someone is particularly bitter and/or resentful, those matters are the last thing on people's minds.  Maybe it's on the mind of the rest of the family who weren't in the relationship.

In any case, I probably don't watch those movies or hang with those people.  Not everyone is in a marriage for fraudulent reasons.  There may be some people who do it, but in my experience they are not in the majority.

Yeah, in a real marriage, not all the "yeye" union that people are having these days, not the "for better for stay, for worse, for waka"
Re: Who Would You Like To Die First: Husband Or Wife? by N101: 2:41pm On Nov 15, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Yeah, in a real marriage, not all the "yeye" union that people are having these days, not the "for better for stay, for worse, for waka"

If some of the marriages I've read about on NL are anything to go by, I wonder why they didn't just buy the film rather than get married! 

Death is not an easy thing to deal with most of the time, even after taking the vows we have no idea when it will become real.  This is quite true at the moment with a friend and the family of a late work colleague's family who are living this situation.
Re: Who Would You Like To Die First: Husband Or Wife? by r231(m): 3:52pm On Nov 15, 2009
it doesn't matter whoever God call first but like i always say if i go first and she gets with somebody else, i will hunt her down lol grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Would You Like To Die First: Husband Or Wife? by Fhemmmy: 2:00am On Nov 16, 2009
N101:

If some of the marriages I've read about on NL are anything to go by, I wonder why they didn't just buy the film rather than get married! 

Death is not an easy thing to deal with most of the time, even after taking the vows we have no idea when it will become real.  This is quite true at the moment with a friend and the family of a late work colleague's family who are living this situation.

I will not be too quick to say that, cos some of the people on NL are just clowns, they just say what they feel like saying and what they do at home, i am sure is different, cos some pple just saying stuff that makes u to wonder, what kinda man/woman sleeps under same roof with them.
But then, different strokes.
Re: Who Would You Like To Die First: Husband Or Wife? by kellorah: 12:33pm On Nov 16, 2009
Fhemmmy:

seems like this person have some other agenda after the age of 60 for her husband, i hope the husband will be careful.
You gathered this ^^^ just by me merely stating an obvious fact?! Interesting. . . . . undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Who Would You Like To Die First: Husband Or Wife? by Fhemmmy: 5:14am On Nov 17, 2009
kellorah:

You gathered this ^^^ just by me merely stating an obvious fact?! Interesting. . . . . undecided undecided undecided undecided

Well, if it doesnt fit, we might just quit.
Re: Who Would You Like To Die First: Husband Or Wife? by TheSeeker(m): 6:53am On Nov 17, 2009
That's going to be a hard one. What I do know for sure is I'll spend 120 years before I die, so if she can beat that then I sure will die before she does.
Re: Who Would You Like To Die First: Husband Or Wife? by Fhemmmy: 7:07pm On Nov 17, 2009
^^ Lol
Re: Who Would You Like To Die First: Husband Or Wife? by donjon: 7:38pm On Nov 17, 2009
No one knows!
Re: Who Would You Like To Die First: Husband Or Wife? by Fhemmmy: 11:01pm On Nov 17, 2009
donjon:

No one knows!

Even those that knows will like to switch it . . . tongue
Re: Who Would You Like To Die First: Husband Or Wife? by echobee(f): 8:02pm On Nov 19, 2009
i will leave it for baba GOD
Re: Who Would You Like To Die First: Husband Or Wife? by Fhemmmy: 8:16pm On Nov 19, 2009
^^^ Lol
No Nija man or woman wanna hear about death
Re: Who Would You Like To Die First: Husband Or Wife? by TheSeeker(m): 1:19am On Nov 20, 2009
^^^ Let some terrorist say he's going to kill Gordon Brown and see if he'll step out to his jet at all. grin
Re: Who Would You Like To Die First: Husband Or Wife? by mamagee3(f): 1:25am On Nov 20, 2009
And this question was posted because?

(1) (2) (Reply)

How They Killed A Nairalander's Wife / The Miraculous Herb That Can Help You Get Pregnant & Prevent Miscarriage / How To Smile In Your Coffin When You Die Owing Your Landlord (hilarious Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.