Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,545 members, 7,819,938 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

Senate Proposes N1.4tr For Constituency Projects - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Proposes N1.4tr For Constituency Projects (6883 Views)

Governor Bello Condemns Burning Of Dino Melaye's Constituency Projects / Lagos Lawmakers Abandon Constituency Projects Worth Multimillion Naira / The 2017 Constituency Projects Allocation For 36 States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Proposes N1.4tr For Constituency Projects by Odogwu042(m): 8:24am On Dec 09, 2016
Achuwa1:
People commenting here are just wrongly accusing the senators with no fact concerning this constituency project.
Pls read,simulate & understand before you type.
Senators represent this various constituencies & relates directly with them on their needs unlike the Federal tht passes thru state & Lg b4 the reminant is left for the masses.
I agree & support the senators on this,at least we will feel development directly rather than wait for ethernity for the Federal govt.
Thumps up senators,especially Sen.stella oduah tht raised this bill & also to all senators tht supported it .
N/A
I observe tht the National assembly are working so hard this days & pushing bills like locomotive engine unlike tht old grandpa @ Aso villa doing notn but rather plung us into recession with his body odour.

Are you a stooge here?
Re: Senate Proposes N1.4tr For Constituency Projects by Actuarydeji(m): 8:25am On Dec 09, 2016
modath:

Abeg leave dem oooo... You think it's easy to say aye & nay ? Abeg ooo...

They have my permission (sic) to increase it to 25% like they take out of the country's overhead budget... 469 of 180m people taking 25% is very very fair tongue

https://m.thenigerianvoice.com/news/40406/1/national-assembly-spends-25-of-budget-sanusi-reaff.html
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/12/nass-budget-sanusi-refuses-to-shift-grounds/

Why are you talking like an illiterate! Anyway I can't blame you, I believe you attended a glorify secondary school. I can't believe that a sensible young guy c... talk like this!!
Re: Senate Proposes N1.4tr For Constituency Projects by shaddoww: 8:26am On Dec 09, 2016
Do this people really know their job? Hw can u set aside 20% wen our capital expenditure is only about 30-35% n moreso I think dis law will take away d responsibility of d executive, nowhere in d world will things like dis happen.
Re: Senate Proposes N1.4tr For Constituency Projects by transient123(m): 8:26am On Dec 09, 2016
Oh dear!

This is another disaster lurking around. 20% of budget handed to the crooks who have succeeded in milking us dry before now as state executives and commissioners. Who have offended, imagine stella odua, the yam eater creating pots of soup in the Senate, then, they don't need to be presidents to over steal.
Steal as state executives and super steal as a mere senator or rep member.

Nigerians are colossally docile. This will scale through like others and nothing will happen.
Re: Senate Proposes N1.4tr For Constituency Projects by IamISRAEL(m): 8:33am On Dec 09, 2016
Anything they like, they should do?
Re: Senate Proposes N1.4tr For Constituency Projects by tunde2222: 8:41am On Dec 09, 2016
How many of such developments have u felt since 1999 compared 2 d amt involved
Achuwa1:
People commenting here are just wrongly accusing the senators with no fact concerning this constituency project.
Senators represent this various constituencies & relates directly with them on their needs unlike the Federal tht passes thru state & Lg b4 the reminant is left for the masses.
I agree & support the senators on this,at least we will feel development directly rather than wait for ethernity for the Federal govt.
Thumps up senators,especially Sen.stella oduah tht raised this bill & also to all senators tht supported it .
N/A
I observe tht the National assembly are working so hard this days & pushing bills like locomotive engine unlike tht old grandpa @ Aso villa doing notn but rather plung us into recession with his body odour.
Re: Senate Proposes N1.4tr For Constituency Projects by me69: 8:56am On Dec 09, 2016
seunmsg:
The lawmaker's should just abandon their legislative duties and take over the executive arm of government.
this people are crazy. They take the Nigerian people for slowpoke children
Re: Senate Proposes N1.4tr For Constituency Projects by bobbybrown007: 8:58am On Dec 09, 2016
They are all doing this so that it will favor the northerns
Re: Senate Proposes N1.4tr For Constituency Projects by masseratti: 9:06am On Dec 09, 2016
PMB trying not to interfere with the National assembly is understandable, but like we saw on the election of paul Ryan, pm of Britain Meg, the party with majority always hold a mock election to choose their leaders in the parliament, if anyone goes against it he is suspended or expelled, Tambuwa and Bankole should have being expelled by PDP, now APC has chiken out.

If this bill sees becomes law, that means the people of kwara central which the Senate president represent, that which Ekweremadu represent, Dogara and Lasun will all get projects worths 200% More than the rest of other constituents, the position of a Senate president or speaker is not time limited, if this people just like Mark almost did held on to that post for 20 years that means those constituencies will develop more than others based solely on politics.

You can't appropiate and execute at the same time. A judge in your own case.

A function of the budget is for them to lobby their fellow colleagues to attract federal projects to their states.

Let them show us what they av done with all they had collected before.
Re: Senate Proposes N1.4tr For Constituency Projects by eph12(m): 9:08am On Dec 09, 2016
People should learn to read. Most fg projects don't reach out to the locals in the various constituencies. This to me is good news especially if it can be implemented.
Re: Senate Proposes N1.4tr For Constituency Projects by Izonpikin: 9:25am On Dec 09, 2016
sarrki:
Same old way

hope you now see Nigeria's problem is a structural one rather than an individual one..??

Hope you do now??..
Re: Senate Proposes N1.4tr For Constituency Projects by Nobody: 9:25am On Dec 09, 2016
aLOOTING continua!
EMBEZZLEMENT ascerta!
Re: Senate Proposes N1.4tr For Constituency Projects by Firefire(m): 9:27am On Dec 09, 2016
seunmsg:

For once, I won't defend the president on this. He is partly responsible for the nonsense we are seeing in the national assembly today. He allowed miscreants to take over the national assembly the day he denied having interest in how the leadership of the assembly would emerge. He refused to back up the candidate's that emerged from the party caucus and now, he will have to continue dealing with an irresponsible assembly.

In fact, Saraki and his gang should just go ahead and pass this bill quickly. If the president refuse to sign, they should override his veto and pass the bill into law. The president needs to start learning some lessons in consensus building and working together.

The point remains that Buhary is not fit to rule in a democratic settings, more so in the 21st Century.

Finito!
Re: Senate Proposes N1.4tr For Constituency Projects by Enesi47: 9:33am On Dec 09, 2016
Achuwa1:
Buhari presented 4.5trillion for 2016 budget & plung us into recession coz he failed to appoint ministers on time which made investors ran away with their huge dollar capital coz tht meant buhari had no economic blue print & he came up with very bad policies which strangled smaller investors like us,while kyria,daura + his cronnies where busy siphoning our money thru the back door & Aisha was also busy using her burea de change company to also siphon our dollar in cbn with the help of Emefiele then she sells @ higher rate in the black market.
Pls National assembly should go ahead with the 20% constituency projects from the budget because it will better our lives in the rural area than waiting for the reminant from buhari @ the top & his cronies in the lower govt.
waiting this they self, Buhari have becoming your nightmare, how those this topic relate to Aisha Buhari,IPOD boy indeed
Re: Senate Proposes N1.4tr For Constituency Projects by kassy777: 9:41am On Dec 09, 2016
The few posts I have read only indicate the unseriousness of the masses. What they complain is let us stop the NASS, they are useless, they are thieves, just like that. For me, I have lost hope for this country. If we complain from now till thy Kingdom come, these NASS members will continue to laugh and enjoy those monies. So for me, let us support the avengers to completely destroy the crude pipes so that the useless country will completely shut down. By then there will be not oil, meaning there will be nothing to share, because rice and other farm products will never run this country. Period. Just look at the inflation rate as at today, many are very confused just that it is difficult to commit suicide. There is serious hopelessness, yet the same Nigerians, the same human body like every other persons, even in academics, just name it, is the same are enjoying these money. So why not destroy the sources down so that there will be nothing left for some idiot to enjoy while majority of use will be beaten by inflation and hardship. Why?
Re: Senate Proposes N1.4tr For Constituency Projects by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:42am On Dec 09, 2016
zakim:
A bill seeking to set aside 20 percent of the country’s annual budget

[b]The constituency projects are mainly for provision of feeder roads, schools rehabilitation, building of market stalls, boreholes, provision of empowerment items such as sewing machines, grinding machines, knitting [/b]machines as well as vehicles including motorcycles, tricycles and cars.

Read more at http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/senate-proposes-n1-4tr-for-constituency-projects/175142.html#Ri68X6OpPzSZuPg0.99

Selfish senators.
They even ordered the work frame within 4 weeks while that which concerns the masses N70 per litre for fuel is 8 weeks.

Breeze is blowing. Its becoming obvious who is who.
OBJ was right after all these people are there to rob Nigerians. sad

Stella Odua before now what exactly have you done for your constituency

Even those of them that does will not do the @ bolded. They would rather go for the cheaper ones, donate it to those who knows those angry
Nigerians which way forward

Re: Senate Proposes N1.4tr For Constituency Projects by iluvdonjazzy: 9:49am On Dec 09, 2016
baba will not agree with them
Re: Senate Proposes N1.4tr For Constituency Projects by iluvdonjazzy: 9:50am On Dec 09, 2016
legisfraudster
Re: Senate Proposes N1.4tr For Constituency Projects by brexit: 10:00am On Dec 09, 2016
They are worst than robbers
Re: Senate Proposes N1.4tr For Constituency Projects by Achuwa1(m): 10:57am On Dec 09, 2016
Buhari should be held responsible for the present predicament tht we find ourselves today.
Ppl here has quickly forgoten & lack vision.
Buhari plunged us into recession & not the NASS.
So hold buhari responsible for the problem we find ourselves in today & not the NASS tht is trying hard to better our lives.
There is lot of corruption going on under buhari & nobody is saying anything about it.
Just some days back discovery where made about PINE tht was set up by the presidency to take care of the IDP & ravaged area in the North East,could u imagine tht PINE cannot give account of the 2.5billion allocated to it & yobe state govt officials countered all PINE officials claim to have done in yobe state.
Could u imagine PINE claiming it spent #400 million to clear grass in yobe state & gave a non-govt organisation #50 Million + a host of annoying thing they claim to have spent govt money with.
Infact,I still stand on my assertion that constituency projects by NASS should go on because buhari is wasting our scarce resources among his cronnies.

1 Like

Re: Senate Proposes N1.4tr For Constituency Projects by Nobody: 11:15am On Dec 09, 2016
These lawmakers don't even hide their greed anymore. . .Nigeria is dead and about to be buried, under the watch of Bubu the dullard grin
Re: Senate Proposes N1.4tr For Constituency Projects by dustmalik: 11:56am On Dec 09, 2016
Personally, i have come to accept the fact that there is not a country more useless than my country.
Re: Senate Proposes N1.4tr For Constituency Projects by Tculest: 12:48pm On Dec 09, 2016
To think of it some fools are still supporting dis thieves. They are looking for every means to get money. It 's all abt their interest. Igbos wake up
Re: Senate Proposes N1.4tr For Constituency Projects by Tculest: 12:51pm On Dec 09, 2016
Achuwa1:
N/A
. God will deal wit u. So u are supporting the thieves to milk us dry
Re: Senate Proposes N1.4tr For Constituency Projects by Tculest: 12:52pm On Dec 09, 2016
Achuwa1:
N/A
. God will deal wit u. So u are supporting the thieves to milk us dry. Mumu
Re: Senate Proposes N1.4tr For Constituency Projects by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:05pm On Dec 09, 2016
This bill will be resisted
Re: Senate Proposes N1.4tr For Constituency Projects by Achuwa1(m): 1:17pm On Dec 09, 2016
Tculest: 12:.
. God will deal wit u. So u are supporting the thieves to milk us dry.mumu

My dear,try & maintain ur boundary because i didn't remember insulting u neither did i copy ur post,so dont insult me.

If buhari & Apc are ur grandfada & fada u can continue to sink with them in this recession.
Re: Senate Proposes N1.4tr For Constituency Projects by Achuwa1(m): 1:22pm On Dec 09, 2016
The NASS itself is Nigeria & they represent each of our constituencies but Buhari is just a figure head tht knows nothing.
#istandwithNASS# on 20% of the 7trillion budget for constituency project & all Nigerians should support it because it will get to the grassroot unlike the whole 2016 budget tht was siphoned by buhari & his cronnies at Aso rock like kyria,Daura etc
Re: Senate Proposes N1.4tr For Constituency Projects by chibuzorAbia: 1:42pm On Dec 09, 2016
NO GO BETTER FOR THE F*cking GOD THAT CREATED ME AMONG THESE PRIMITIVE CRIMINALS. Our national budget is now pocket money in the hands of a handful of pure criminals. What is the essence of African life?
Re: Senate Proposes N1.4tr For Constituency Projects by Ndolarr: 2:46pm On Dec 09, 2016
Budget padding through the back door! These shameless greedy 'lawbreakers' and looters masquerading as legislators should rather use their constituency allowances and other ungodly allowances they collect as counterpart fund to do constituency projects in partnership with their State Govt's and LGAs as well as members of State Assemblies they claim to represent. Mr President should simply ignore the idiotic pretenders in the Senate wanting to loot public funds through this doomed legislation championed by roguish Stella Odua. They are a bunch of jokers!!!
Re: Senate Proposes N1.4tr For Constituency Projects by nextprince: 7:31pm On Dec 09, 2016
Actuarydeji:

Why are you talking like an illiterate! Anyway I can't blame you, I believe you attended a glorify secondary school. I can't believe that a sensible young guy c... talk like this!!

How dare describe the queen of nl as such? The highlighted has clearly shown who the illiterate is.

grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Obiano Is Transforming Anambra / Convention: APC National Caucus Meets Today, NEC Tomorrow / Tinubu, Other Eminent Nigerians To Grace Zik Annual Lecture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.