Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,039 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:09 PM

Customers React As ARIK Airlines Cancels Flights Unexpectedly (Video) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Customers React As ARIK Airlines Cancels Flights Unexpectedly (Video) (25730 Views)

Anger As Arik Air Disappoints Passengers / Updated: Tragedy Averted As Arik Aircraft Develops Engine Problem Mid-air / Passengers Terrified And Stranded As Arik Air Makes Mid-air U-turn (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customers React As ARIK Airlines Cancels Flights Unexpectedly (Video) by currentbrands(m): 4:28pm On Dec 09, 2016
Arik Air.....Nigeria aviation's worst nightmare!
Re: Customers React As ARIK Airlines Cancels Flights Unexpectedly (Video) by LadyAnn(f): 4:31pm On Dec 09, 2016
Samjr:

*ARIK Airlines canceled all flights from Lagos to Portharcourt, Abuja and Kano yesterday* This same company use to be the best in this country so are you saying 1 aircraft will fly to lagos,ph,abuja & kano in one day and all there international flight none is been delayed?? this same airline when you board there is a 70% chance of missing luggage?? And they are like the most expensive in Nigeria.

It's simple wrong

I am actually agreeing with you. However, rather than just grumble, consumers should hit the airline where it hurts.. Boycott the service or take them into account. Ironically, despite warnings, their international flights are thriving only because it's cheap and convenient for Africans in the diaspora desperate to come home. At such a risk. undecided
Re: Customers React As ARIK Airlines Cancels Flights Unexpectedly (Video) by thunderbabs: 4:38pm On Dec 09, 2016
auntysimbiat:
WATCH THE VIDEO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ8iee0MibU

Na today? Arik is Nigeria. Nigeria is a reflection of Arik. The most inefficient airline in Nigeria just like Nigeria.

Switch over to Mama Peace airline....her planes dey ok and still knows what they are doing unlike arike kabukabu grin
Re: Customers React As ARIK Airlines Cancels Flights Unexpectedly (Video) by Samjr(m): 4:55pm On Dec 09, 2016
LadyAnn:

I am actually agreeing with you. However, rather than just grumble, consumers should hit the airline where it hurts.. Boycott the service or take them into account. Ironically, despite warnings, their international flights are thriving only because it's cheap and convenient for Africans in the diaspora desperate to come home. At such a risk. undecided

That is my point and that's why I do not feel any remorse for their consumer because this is no news at all to frequent flyers, We know that arik is like no other option.
Re: Customers React As ARIK Airlines Cancels Flights Unexpectedly (Video) by pweetychyka(f): 5:11pm On Dec 09, 2016
Dis Arik sef and poor management....

That's how dey delayed us till 10:15pm last week friday angry angry angry angry!
Re: Customers React As ARIK Airlines Cancels Flights Unexpectedly (Video) by nextstep(m): 5:13pm On Dec 09, 2016
LadyAnn:
Safety first!!! I don't understand why people get angry. What if there was a mechanical failure mid flight? Smh. Humans are the most ungrateful creatures on God's green earth.
angry

A sensible airline would say: "dear customers, due to mechanical failure or uncompleted maintenance, we need to postpone these flights".
What Arik probably said: "we have cancelled these flights"

I don't think its unreasonable to be upset after you've paid for ticket (which is not cheap), paid for petrol and/or hotel, and have important meetings upon arrival, and the airline just cancels without any good reason given.
Re: Customers React As ARIK Airlines Cancels Flights Unexpectedly (Video) by fireforfire: 5:23pm On Dec 09, 2016
ARIK IS D WORLDS WORST AIRLINE.

ITS OFFICIAL!!!
Re: Customers React As ARIK Airlines Cancels Flights Unexpectedly (Video) by feedthenation(m): 5:25pm On Dec 09, 2016
If we don't patronise Arik Air, some Nigerian will complain that we are not patrotic.
Why is Arik Air still collecting booking by payments when they know that their don't have good aircraft.

For the foreseeable future, unfortunately we willl continue to be at the mercy of expensive and exhurbitant foreign airlines - BA, KLM AirFrance etc

By the way, we are still waiting for the so-called National Airline proposed by the PMB and Amaechi.

1 Like

Re: Customers React As ARIK Airlines Cancels Flights Unexpectedly (Video) by LadyAnn(f): 5:26pm On Dec 09, 2016
nextstep:

A sensible airline would say: "dear customers, due to mechanical failure or uncompleted maintenance, we need to postpone these flights".
What Arik probably said: "we have cancelled these flights"

I don't think its unreasonable to be upset after you've paid for ticket (which is not cheap), paid for petrol and/or hotel, and have important meetings upon arrival, and the airline just cancels without any good reason given.

An airline has a "duty of care" to safeguard its customers in the effect of any concerns about the particular aircraft. That being said, It's absolutely ok for folks to get upset and angry. What they mustn't do however, is demand that the aircraft takeoff by force. With regards to tantrums and belligerent behaviour, I feel they are channelling their anger at the wrong people. The people working at customer service just do their jobs and get paid. They are at the bottom end of that coperate ladder. It's ok to get upset and lash out. That's human behaviour and it's acceptable given the sceniaro. What you do after is what separates the sheep from the goat. If they are notoriously known for singing in the same hymn sheet, then the matter should be addressed to the fat cats that control the shares..
Re: Customers React As ARIK Airlines Cancels Flights Unexpectedly (Video) by kolaish(m): 5:37pm On Dec 09, 2016
ARIK IS VERY GOOD ON FLIGHT DELAY AND CANCELLATION. LOST COUNT OF HOW MANY TIMES THEY HAVE DONE THAT TO ME.
Re: Customers React As ARIK Airlines Cancels Flights Unexpectedly (Video) by InvertedHammer: 5:56pm On Dec 09, 2016
/
They got what they deserve.

ARIK has been in the news lately for everything on how not to run an airline--delayed flights, cancelled flights, missing luggage, rude customer service reps.

Yet, this folks went ahead and bought ARIK tickets. Were they expecting miracles?

ARIK deserves to be left the hell alone. But will Nigerians listen? Perhaps, it will take ARIK plane crash to sink in.

\
Re: Customers React As ARIK Airlines Cancels Flights Unexpectedly (Video) by Nobody: 6:00pm On Dec 09, 2016
ARIK and their unreliability..

That was how I booked a flight ticket to New York on Friday last week and was already preparing when I received a call from one of their agent telling me c o c k and bull stories. Finally, the flight was rescheduled for the next day being Saturday @ 11am.

Still on that, it didn't takeoff at 11am rather we took off at 12:58pm. What an unreliable company
Re: Customers React As ARIK Airlines Cancels Flights Unexpectedly (Video) by BlueMagic2(m): 6:55pm On Dec 09, 2016
Only in shithole Nigeria
Re: Customers React As ARIK Airlines Cancels Flights Unexpectedly (Video) by Nobody: 8:59pm On Dec 09, 2016
pweetychyka:
Dis Arik sef and poor management....

That's how dey delayed us till 10:15pm last week friday angry angry angry angry!
Lol, where were you heading to?
Re: Customers React As ARIK Airlines Cancels Flights Unexpectedly (Video) by Nobody: 9:20pm On Dec 09, 2016
THE MOST DISORGANIZED AIRLINE IN THE WORLD AWARD GOES TO ARIK AIRLINE..
THAT WAS HOW THE CHINESE COMPANY WANTED TO TAKE CONTROL OF THE ARIK AIRLINE
SO AS TO FIX IT AND THE CONDITION GIVEN WAS THAT THEIR BOSS MUST GO. AND THE INCOMPETENT BOSS REFUSE THEY HAVE A NEW AIRBUS A340 PACKED IN THE TARMAC ROTTING AWAY WITH MINOR FAULT AND THEY COULD REPAIR IT

1 Like

Re: Customers React As ARIK Airlines Cancels Flights Unexpectedly (Video) by PAnaceA7(m): 9:42pm On Dec 09, 2016
InvertedHammer:
/
They got what they deserve.

ARIK has been in the news lately for everything on how not to run an airline--delayed flights, cancelled flights, missing luggage, rude customer service reps.

Yet, this folks went ahead and bought ARIK tickets. Were they expecting miracles?

ARIK deserves to be left the hell alone. But will Nigerians listen? Perhaps, it will take ARIK plane crash to sink in.

\

C'mon that shouldn't cross ur thought at all...haba
Re: Customers React As ARIK Airlines Cancels Flights Unexpectedly (Video) by Cromagnon: 9:57pm On Dec 09, 2016
LadyAnn:
Safety first!!! I don't understand why people get angry. What if there was a mechanical failure mid flight? Smh. Humans are the most ungrateful creatures on God's green earth.
angry
then they tell their customers and arrange alternative or compensation. Baggars will just keep quiet and expect ppl not to be annoyed
Re: Customers React As ARIK Airlines Cancels Flights Unexpectedly (Video) by Cromagnon: 9:59pm On Dec 09, 2016
LadyAnn:
angry
then they tell their customers and arrange alternative or compensation. Baggars will just keep quiet andignore ppl and expect ppl not to be annoyed
Re: Customers React As ARIK Airlines Cancels Flights Unexpectedly (Video) by Nobody: 1:34am On Dec 10, 2016
Airlines abroad cancel flights all the time. But if you're cancelling a flight, it's only fair that you inform the passengers on time. Otherwise you compensate the passenger or book another flight for the passenger. Let me give you all a short story to let you understand that all airlines are the same. Even United etc. I booked and paid for a return ticket flight to come to Nigeria like 4 months prior. A month to my flight, United Airlines told me they will no longer be flying to Nigeria that they are cancelling the flight. They said they will refund my money and I can book another flight on another airline. I told the customer service "Hell NO" By then a flight I got for 1300 dollars was now like 3000 dollars. So I told the customer rep of united airline that she should book another flight on another airline for me. She kept giving me all sorts of excuses why that wont be possible. We were on the phone for almost an hour. I kept insisting. She sha later told me she would check with her boss and hung up. Later she called me back and we both arranged a flight together, the total cost of the flight we arranged was like 3200 dollars. Can you imagine if I just agreed that she gave me a refund? I would be losing a great deal. The airline too knew that booking flights closer to the departure date would be more expensive. However, I see no reason why I should have to suffer for their decision to stop flying to Nigeria. Anyway they booked Lufthansa for me. Lufthansa is a much better airline anyway. And their food is sweet and aircraft is very nice. Unlike yeye united.

All being said, I'm not a fan of flying. I'd rather stay one place abeg.

1 Like

Re: Customers React As ARIK Airlines Cancels Flights Unexpectedly (Video) by mecussey(m): 4:08am On Dec 10, 2016
auntysimbiat:

This is what happened Yesterday when ARIK Airlines canceled all flights from Lagos to Portharcourt, Abuja and Kano yesterday

WATCH THE VIDEO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ8iee0MibU

Why are they shouting...until they hear may day 33k feet above sea level. However, i dey suspect say one prophet don warn the oga.
Re: Customers React As ARIK Airlines Cancels Flights Unexpectedly (Video) by LadyAnn(f): 4:14am On Dec 10, 2016
mecussey:

Why are they shouting...until they hear may day 33k feet above sea level. However, i dey suspect say one prophet don warn the oga.

Hahahaha... Roflol grin
Re: Customers React As ARIK Airlines Cancels Flights Unexpectedly (Video) by October1960: 6:32am On Dec 10, 2016
Is Arik owned by failed Nigerian ex leaders ?

If so no surprise at their incompetence.
Re: Customers React As ARIK Airlines Cancels Flights Unexpectedly (Video) by pweetychyka(f): 8:03am On Dec 10, 2016
DeeTus:
Lol, where were you heading to?

To PHC....

Hope u r doing fine!
Re: Customers React As ARIK Airlines Cancels Flights Unexpectedly (Video) by Vision4God: 9:17am On Dec 10, 2016
Arik airline
Known for delays.
It is well o
Re: Customers React As ARIK Airlines Cancels Flights Unexpectedly (Video) by Bimmykins: 1:24pm On Dec 10, 2016
I arrived in London with arik the morning of Saturday 2nd December. I had no idea of its reputation. This is the 1st and last time I am ever flying with them again. To this day, 1 full week later, I have not received my luggage. And I have no idea where on earth it is or when I will receive it. I came to Nigeria to attend a wedding I may be unable to attend due to not having the contents of that case. Black people will forever be at the bottom of society if we continue to act incapable of providing the basic level of customer service or doing anything right!
Re: Customers React As ARIK Airlines Cancels Flights Unexpectedly (Video) by redsun(m): 4:43pm On Dec 10, 2016
They seem like disaster waiting to happen then .I won't be taken by their cheap direct international flight anymore.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Trailer & Bus Accident On Iyana-Oworo Bridge In Lagos (Pictures) / Nigeria's High Speed Railway Project Is 'world-class' - KMPG / Anambra International Airport- Latest Update: Pictures & Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.