Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:52 AM

(video) Nigerian Police Fires Gun At Lautech Students Over Peaceful Protest. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / (video) Nigerian Police Fires Gun At Lautech Students Over Peaceful Protest. (3162 Views)

Nigerian Policeman Spotted Repairing His Gun At A Welder's Workshop. Photos / Ajibola, Ajimobi’s Daughter Denies Blasting LAUTECH Students / Ajibola Ajimobi Lambasts LAUTECH Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

(video) Nigerian Police Fires Gun At Lautech Students Over Peaceful Protest. by Kindas3325(m): 2:50pm On Dec 09, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfp_0BwoXws
When we are denied rights to education, Are we denied rights to stage a peaceful protest too? embarassed

The Nigeria police fires at lautech students protesters in Ogbomosho,oyo state on Friday,eye witness said that more than 20 students were injured in a race to safe their life from gun shot but no one was killed.

Over 500 students from Ladoke Akintola University of Technology,Ogbomosho had gather to air their mind over the prolonged strike,while others are on their way from different part of the country to join the protest.Students have been home for over 6 months,the strike which started on June 13 2016 is still on going,student were unable to write first semester examinations,final year students were not allowed to write their final exam.

Meanwhile,lautech students only come together with the aim of expressing their mind to the government and to show the world the uncertainities that surrounds their future.An eye withness told us that the police force told the students they needed to turn back because they did not have permission to hold protest,then they started firing.

THE STRIKE IN WHOLE-The decision to embark on the industrial action was agreed after a congress meeting of the union held at the main campus of the institution, which was also attended by the chairman of the University of Ibadan chapter of the union, Dr. Deji Omole, and that of the University of Lagos, Dr. Laja Oduja.
The Chairman of ASUU in the university, Dr. Abiodun Olaniran, said the strike followed the endorsement of the National Executive Council of ASUU which gave its approval to press home the reversal of several hardship facing workers of the institution.

Olaniran stated that the demands of the union include a review of conditions of service for academic staff, retirement plans, including pension which is presently non-existent, payment of five months salaries, as well as academic earned allowances.
The Chairman of ASUU in LAUTECH also maintained that the industrial action would not be suspended until the 23 months subvention owed the institution is fully paid by the two owner states of Oyo and Osun.
While Oyo owes eight months, Osun State owes 15 months unpaid subvention.
Before now, the two non-academic staff unions in the institution, Non-Academic Staff Union (NASU) and the Senior Staff Association of Nigerian Universities (SSANU), had been on strike since July over issues bordering on staff welfare.
The university had also remained closed to undergraduate students since mid-June following students’ protest; but ASUU members were, till Monday, attending to postgraduate students and final year students working on their projects.
Re: (video) Nigerian Police Fires Gun At Lautech Students Over Peaceful Protest. by helinues: 3:00pm On Dec 09, 2016
Men in black.. Black brain
Re: (video) Nigerian Police Fires Gun At Lautech Students Over Peaceful Protest. by Nobody: 3:19pm On Dec 09, 2016
When you rejoice when they shoot and kill unarmed IPOB and Shiiteprotesters because of the wickedness and hate in your heart for your fellow human being , you emboldened them, and definitely and surely like karma, they will come for you one day.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: (video) Nigerian Police Fires Gun At Lautech Students Over Peaceful Protest. by MrmeYagi11: 3:43pm On Dec 09, 2016
Imagine, na only God sabi where naija is going too, take heart students, work hard and commot Nigeria.
Re: (video) Nigerian Police Fires Gun At Lautech Students Over Peaceful Protest. by Pluster12: 3:48pm On Dec 09, 2016
This is unfair,the police should be the one embracing them, Now I will see a banner saying Police is your friend and you think I won't tear that
Re: (video) Nigerian Police Fires Gun At Lautech Students Over Peaceful Protest. by CSTR13: 4:32pm On Dec 09, 2016
saint7000:
When you rejoice when they shoot and kill unarmed IPOB protesters because of the wickedness and hate in your heart for your fellow human being , you emboldened them, and definitely and surely like karma, they will come for you one day.
Thank you very much.
I don't pity any of them.
You may even find some of them on nairaland baying for the blood of IPOB prostesters and shittes like savages.

6 Likes

Re: (video) Nigerian Police Fires Gun At Lautech Students Over Peaceful Protest. by comos: 4:36pm On Dec 09, 2016
enjoy your Buhari,

I could remeber majority of you voted mediocracy over competence
Re: (video) Nigerian Police Fires Gun At Lautech Students Over Peaceful Protest. by Kindas3325(m): 4:42pm On Dec 09, 2016
CSTR13:

Thank you very much.
I don't pity any of them.
You may even find some of them on nairaland baying for the blood of IPOB prostesters and shittes like savages.

I don't know why you did not get this right, Political protest is different from student's own SMH
Re: (video) Nigerian Police Fires Gun At Lautech Students Over Peaceful Protest. by CSTR13: 4:44pm On Dec 09, 2016
Kindas3325:

I don't know why you did not get this right, Political protest is different from student's own SMH
Yes, because people that engage in political protests deserve to be shot.
How nice.

6 Likes

Re: (video) Nigerian Police Fires Gun At Lautech Students Over Peaceful Protest. by Kindas3325(m): 4:55pm On Dec 09, 2016
CSTR13:
Yes, because people that engage in political protests deserve to be shot.
How nice.
And how does a political protest pertains to students protest,What you are insinuating now is every protest in Nigeria deserves killing right, Politicians kills and unkill how is that related to students, Let's get ourself right man.
Re: (video) Nigerian Police Fires Gun At Lautech Students Over Peaceful Protest. by DaBullIT(m): 4:59pm On Dec 09, 2016
They weren't shooting guns , they shot tear gas

And did someone say let's trick them into a corner ? ( e je kan le wa de koro)

I do not like police , but if someone gets killed , i take that statement as an attempt to attack the police
Re: (video) Nigerian Police Fires Gun At Lautech Students Over Peaceful Protest. by DaBullIT(m): 5:02pm On Dec 09, 2016
In your mind , The Police station close to Lautech will skip the DTO,DPO, Police commissioner in the state ,skip Inspector general of police , they'll call Buhari directly and Buhari will order them to shoot students

So many stupddddy people online these days the strike was caused by dispute between Oyo state and Osun state , Nnothing to do with federal government , But feel be to be a fool

comos:
enjoy your Buhari,

I could remeber majority of you voted mediocracy over competence
Re: (video) Nigerian Police Fires Gun At Lautech Students Over Peaceful Protest. by Kindas3325(m): 5:07pm On Dec 09, 2016
DaBullIT:

I do not like police , but if someone gets killed , i take that statement as an attempt to attack the police

If you can get to any student in that area you better do, Police now beat any students of Lautech in sight, and who attacked first it was the police.
Re: (video) Nigerian Police Fires Gun At Lautech Students Over Peaceful Protest. by chiefobdk(m): 6:00pm On Dec 09, 2016
Kindas3325:

Protest is protest.....

If you rejoice wen ipob is killed.

U kno d rest

3 Likes

Re: (video) Nigerian Police Fires Gun At Lautech Students Over Peaceful Protest. by wadetaw202: 6:28pm On Dec 09, 2016
Kindas3325:

And how does a political protest pertains to students protest,What you are insinuating now is every protest in Nigeria deserves killing right, Politicians kills and unkill how is that related to students, Let's get ourself right man.

Your mind is upside down sha. Are you saying political protest is a sin or a crime?

Why not keep quiet instead of defending falsehood?
Re: (video) Nigerian Police Fires Gun At Lautech Students Over Peaceful Protest. by wadetaw202: 6:29pm On Dec 09, 2016
DaBullIT:

No, it is self defence
Re: (video) Nigerian Police Fires Gun At Lautech Students Over Peaceful Protest. by ShootToKill: 7:02pm On Dec 09, 2016
saint7000:
When you rejoice when they shoot and kill unarmed IPOB protesters because of the wickedness and hate in your heart for your fellow human being , you emboldened them, and definitely and surely like karma, they will come for you one day.

Buratai should send his army down there. They thought you were punishing IPOB and Igbos when they were glorifying tyrannical killings in the SE and SS. WE MUST ENJOY THIS DICTATORSHIP TOGETHER. No more tears for wicked souls.

1 Like

Re: (video) Nigerian Police Fires Gun At Lautech Students Over Peaceful Protest. by ShootToKill: 7:06pm On Dec 09, 2016
Kindas3325:

If you can get to any student in that area you better do, Police now beat any students of Lautech in sight, and who attacked first it was the police.

Oga you will be shot be pieces if you continue to protest. Stop crying to us, you are reaping the fruit of tyranny that you support, and you will reap it in full measure. No one bloody cares if are hanged upside down by your police.
Re: (video) Nigerian Police Fires Gun At Lautech Students Over Peaceful Protest. by ozoebuka1(m): 7:11pm On Dec 09, 2016
Kindas3325:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfp_0BwoXws
When we are denied rights to education, Are we denied rights to stage a peaceful protest too? embarassed

The Nigeria police fires at lautech students protesters in Ogbomosho,oyo state on Friday,eye witness said that more than 20 students were injured in a race to safe their life from gun shot but no one was killed.

Over 500 students from Ladoke Akintola University of Technology,Ogbomosho had gather to air their mind over the prolonged strike,while others are on their way from different part of the country to join the protest.Students have been home for over 6 months,the strike which started on June 13 2016 is still on going,student were unable to write first semester examinations,final year students were not allowed to write their final exam.

Meanwhile,lautech students only come together with the aim of expressing their mind to the government and to show the world the uncertainities that surrounds their future.An eye withness told us that the police force told the students they needed to turn back because they did not have permission to hold protest,then they started firing.

THE STRIKE IN WHOLE-The decision to embark on the industrial action was agreed after a congress meeting of the union held at the main campus of the institution, which was also attended by the chairman of the University of Ibadan chapter of the union, Dr. Deji Omole, and that of the University of Lagos, Dr. Laja Oduja.
The Chairman of ASUU in the university, Dr. Abiodun Olaniran, said the strike followed the endorsement of the National Executive Council of ASUU which gave its approval to press home the reversal of several hardship facing workers of the institution.

Olaniran stated that the demands of the union include a review of conditions of service for academic staff, retirement plans, including pension which is presently non-existent, payment of five months salaries, as well as academic earned allowances.
The Chairman of ASUU in LAUTECH also maintained that the industrial action would not be suspended until the 23 months subvention owed the institution is fully paid by the two owner states of Oyo and Osun.
While Oyo owes eight months, Osun State owes 15 months unpaid subvention.
Before now, the two non-academic staff unions in the institution, Non-Academic Staff Union (NASU) and the Senior Staff Association of Nigerian Universities (SSANU), had been on strike since July over issues bordering on staff welfare.
The university had also remained closed to undergraduate students since mid-June following students’ protest; but ASUU members were, till Monday, attending to postgraduate students and final year students working on their projects.
later now they will gather machete and guns and impose them on the students just to justify their trigger-happy attitude and unprofessionalism...damn! and those of u that do masturbate when they hear news like "5 persons agitating for biafra shot dead/injured By security men at bridge head" should come and justify this two...Let's always condemn evil at all times because the evil we encouraged today may come back to hunt us tomorrow, thanks.

1 Like

Re: (video) Nigerian Police Fires Gun At Lautech Students Over Peaceful Protest. by ozoebuka1(m): 7:28pm On Dec 09, 2016
Kindas3325:

people don't cease to amaze me so, By deduction political protesters could be shot and it would be termed "alright" By people like you while students shouldn't be shot because their protests ain't politically motivated, is that what you are trynna say? Evil is evil and shouldn't be biased for Christ sake!!!!!!!!
Re: (video) Nigerian Police Fires Gun At Lautech Students Over Peaceful Protest. by Nobody: 7:32pm On Dec 09, 2016
Kindas3325:

Ignore Ipob/Pdp miscreants look at them saying majority of us voted mediocracy over competence... Is this not still about praising Jonathan that left his brothers Niger Deltans now their stupidly blowing pipelines.
If Ipob protest was a political protest it is a different matter. They carry flyers like ''Buhari is a goat'' ''Nigeria is a zoo'' ''Biafra or death''
It is not a political protest like ''we need PDP or nothing''
Their protest are simply not political like on the 26th of november 2015 they burned Dangote truck saying he is an Hausa fulani taking our oil money... Burning his truck alone alone is it not inciting war...
None of them can deny that Aba boys during the protest didn't beat Hausa people to pulp. What about their protest in Benin before the 1 million man match.
They burned a police hilux which instigated Nigerian army to kill them massively. A caller claimed one certain time they disarmed two police men that uche mefor should order them to start killing. I don't know if it's true because they like giving themselves false hope. That they are oppressed in their land...
Those those violence look like a political protest to you? I just don't know why Facebook and google are living them to continue inciting war.

From the very first day I heard Nnamdi Kanu saying ''All his member will never vote APC but PDP'' I knew it was a scam why was he using through Radio Biafra to force us to vote already rejected PDP. Just why?

Those people protest are not political. At the end you see how all their supporters are still linking us to Jonathan
Re: (video) Nigerian Police Fires Gun At Lautech Students Over Peaceful Protest. by Ngozi123(f): 7:40pm On Dec 09, 2016
Kindas3325:

There's very little difference in both situations. Both groups are peacefully protesting against the Nigerian government and its policies and both have been dealt with in a ruthless and merciless manner. In both cases, the behaviour of the Nigerian police (and army in IPOB's case) was completely unnecessary. They've always behaved this way, even before Buhari came to power- although it was less apparent before- yet nothing has been done about it.

Btw, this is a political protest as well. Who and what are they protesting against?
Re: (video) Nigerian Police Fires Gun At Lautech Students Over Peaceful Protest. by Nobody: 8:17pm On Dec 09, 2016
IpobExposed:

[s]Ignore Ipob/Pdp miscreants look at them saying majority of us voted mediocracy over competence... Is this not still about praising Jonathan that left his brothers Niger Deltans now their stupidly blowing pipelines.
If Ipob protest was a political protest it is a different matter. They carry flyers like ''Buhari is a goat'' ''Nigeria is a zoo'' ''Biafra or death''
It is not a political protest like ''we need PDP or nothing''
Their protest are simply not political like on the 26th of november 2015 they burned Dangote truck saying he is an Hausa fulani taking our oil money... Burning his truck alone alone is it not inciting war...
None of them can deny that Aba boys during the protest didn't beat Hausa people to pulp. What about their protest in Benin before the 1 million man match.
They burned a police hilux which instigated Nigerian army to kill them massively. A caller claimed one certain time they disarmed two police men that uche mefor should order them to start killing. I don't know if it's true because they like giving themselves false hope. That they are oppressed in their land...
Those those violence look like a political protest to you? I just don't know why Facebook and google are living them to continue inciting war.

From the very first day I heard Nnamdi Kanu saying ''All his member will never vote APC but PDP'' I knew it was a scam why was he using through Radio Biafra to force us to vote already rejected PDP. Just why?

Those people protest are not political. At the end you see how all their supporters are still linking us to Jonathan[/s]

Typical afonja

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: (video) Nigerian Police Fires Gun At Lautech Students Over Peaceful Protest. by Nobody: 7:41am On Dec 10, 2016
Mynd44 this is a front page material even if it has no link it has a video
Re: (video) Nigerian Police Fires Gun At Lautech Students Over Peaceful Protest. by fuckfuckman(m): 8:42pm On Dec 10, 2016
Theeastactivist why can't this make fp
Re: (video) Nigerian Police Fires Gun At Lautech Students Over Peaceful Protest. by DASMOG(m): 9:14pm On Dec 10, 2016
BATTLE 3
I decided that night that I had had enough of Kenny's erratic behaviour and we needed counselling. I waited for him to come home the next morning but he never showed up. I called him around noon when I was getting worried but he did not pick my call. I got a text shortly after saying, ''I am quite surprised you are looking for me. Don't worry, I am fine. Don't let me distract you from God''.
I decided it was time to seek counsel from my pastor's wife. As I sat down with Mummy as we normally call her that evening after a word of prayer and recounted the full story of our challenges from the beginning of the fasting period. I was quite hopeful that I will get solutions on the next step to take. Mummy looked at me and shook her head as I showed her the last text I got from Kenny from my phone. ''Sister Lola, what does the Bible say about our parents and honour?'' ''Honour your father and mother, that your days might be long'' I quickly replied wondering why we were talking about my parents when it was my marriage that needed healing. ''Do you remember when you came to me and decided you wanted to marry this young man who was barely a baby in the lord.
I warned you to look for giants in the spirit. If you had honoured my words, surely the days of your marriage would have been long'', she said with obvious annoyance. ''I am sorry mummy, I love my husband and I think he loves God too'' ''He loves God? You are still defending his actions? A man that cannot agree with you in prayer? That will not deny his body to feed his spirit? She asked me. ''I am sorry ma'' I quickly said. Mummy was known for her short temper and I did not want to get on her bad side. ''Anyway the deed has been done. We need to find a way forward. You see the devil is not resting. He is obviously seeking to devour your marriage. Remember the scripture in Ephesians 6: 12 says, we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities, against powers and against the rulers of the darkness of this world. The battle is not with your husband. It is a fight in the spirit''. ''Okay ma'' I said. ''The devil knows this fast is going to liberate your marriage and he wants to stop it at all cost. The flesh will be satisfied eventually but you need to be spiritually fortified first. So make sure you complete it in total consecration to God''. ''Okay ma.
What do I now do about his refusal to come home ma?'' ''Oh don't worry Lola, he will come home. He is like the prodigal son, he will surely return. Let us pray my dear''. By the time I left my pastor's house after about two hours of prayer. I felt stronger and better. Kenny was just over reacting and I was definitely on the right course. I just needed to keep praying and not let me faith be shaken. When I got home and met Kenny relaxing in the sitting room, it confirmed to me that everything mummy said was correct since he returned like she had prophesied. As the days passed things got more estranged. Kenny stopped going to our church and demanded I move to this new church he found. Of course I vehemently refused. It is important to be grounded and not church belly- hopping. I got daily text motivations from my mummy in the lord and that just encouraged me. Finally the last day of the 100 days came and it was announced in church that couples should endeavour to attend together since there was going to be an all night prayer. I begged and pleaded with Kenny but he adamantly refused. I went to church alone that night and prayed every prayer possible. My joy knew no bounds the next morning because I knew that all the fight I had been having with Kenny was finally going to be over. I was going to make sure we had as much sex as he .......
go for next episode
don't forget to hit the LIKE and SHARE below your COMMENTS and FEEDBACKS are very important
https://withsammy..com
Re: (video) Nigerian Police Fires Gun At Lautech Students Over Peaceful Protest. by CandyDiamond(f): 10:51pm On Dec 10, 2016
IpobExposed:
Mynd44 this is a front page material even if it has no link it has a video
I thought that you people are celebrating police and army massacre of protesters in different part of Nigeria before,why are you crying fowl now,evil that men sow live with them nowadays,one day that evil will reach your door step.
Time will tell.
Kiss the truth.

(1) (Reply)

Kano Youths Rule Out Reprisal, Dress In Igbo Attires, Praise Kano Igbo Traders / Ekiti Election: Dayo Adeyeye Joins APC / Science Teachers Commend Ugwuanyi’s Role In Education

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.