Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,358 members, 7,860,946 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:34 PM

Rivers Poll: Not A Do-or-die Affair —buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Poll: Not A Do-or-die Affair —buhari (1095 Views)

"I Never Said I Am Free To Have Romantic Affair With Any Policewoman" - IGP / I Am Free To Have Romantic Affair With Any Policewoman – Ibrahim Idris / Police Parade Suspected Snatchers Of Rivers Poll Materials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers Poll: Not A Do-or-die Affair —buhari by zakim(m): 2:53pm On Dec 09, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari has directed security and law enforcement agencies to deal decisively with trouble-makers and those bent on violating the sanctity of the electoral process in the federal and state legislative rerun elections in Rivers State holding on Saturday.

Buhari, in a statement on Friday by his spokesman, Femi Adesina, called on them to exhibit professionalism and non-partisanship in the discharge of their constitutional duties even in the face of extreme provocations.

President Buhari called for peaceful and orderly conduct in the rerun elections.

He urged all political parties, their candidates, other stakeholders and the people of the state to ensure that the polls are conducted without rigging, violence and intimidation of opponents and electoral officials.

President Buhari reminded politicians and their supporters in Rivers State to put the higher interest of the people of the state in mind, as they go to the polls on Saturday.

"The rerun elections should not be seen as a do-or-die affair to the extent that people will be killed, maimed and property destroyed in a mindless display of crude primitive instincts. Innocent blood should never be sacrificed on the altar of political contest for temporary power," he warned.

Read more at http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/rivers-poll-not-a-do-or-die-affair-buhari/175238.html#pboZTS2Q1uRuou5r.99

Re: Rivers Poll: Not A Do-or-die Affair —buhari by helinues: 2:54pm On Dec 09, 2016
We hope so oo
Re: Rivers Poll: Not A Do-or-die Affair —buhari by Emmenyk(m): 2:54pm On Dec 09, 2016
Bubu and Hypocrisy be like ...

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Poll: Not A Do-or-die Affair —buhari by zendy: 3:03pm On Dec 09, 2016
I wonder how many people are going to die in the Rivers state elections. It is impossible to conduct elections in that state without heads rolling

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Poll: Not A Do-or-die Affair —buhari by Kupaskeybaba(m): 3:10pm On Dec 09, 2016
oga buhari match ur words with action den we wil blive u...

1 Like

Re: Rivers Poll: Not A Do-or-die Affair —buhari by Greatcarly1: 3:37pm On Dec 09, 2016
Baboons will be soaked in . blood if i loosr 2015 presidential elections.

what a clueless and hopeless set of politicians

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Poll: Not A Do-or-die Affair —buhari by Firefire(m): 3:51pm On Dec 09, 2016
Buhary and his fraudulent way.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Poll: Not A Do-or-die Affair —buhari by yarimo(m): 4:07pm On Dec 09, 2016
APC government and cheap talk are like 5 and 6 grin

1 Like

Re: Rivers Poll: Not A Do-or-die Affair —buhari by seunmsg(m): 4:14pm On Dec 09, 2016
Good to read these reassuring words from the president. I guess the unguarded comments of Oyegun and Ganduje prompted this clarification. Election should be free and fair in all parts of the country. The era of deploying federal might to win election forcefully is gone for good.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Poll: Not A Do-or-die Affair —buhari by kokosin: 5:15pm On Dec 09, 2016
abeg stop lying.

Re: Rivers Poll: Not A Do-or-die Affair —buhari by mykeljosef: 12:22am On Dec 10, 2016
coming from a man like that

smh
Re: Rivers Poll: Not A Do-or-die Affair —buhari by Nobody: 12:29am On Dec 10, 2016
Buhari is the one encouraging do or die politics

It seems to me there needs to be a total breakdown of law and order so that APC can appreciate peace
Re: Rivers Poll: Not A Do-or-die Affair —buhari by dosk: 3:20am On Dec 10, 2016
It's very funny that the mind set of men has not changed a bit, there is hardly any one set to carry out a task that benefit the human race that will not be condemned. From the days of moses to the time of Saul(PAUL) pastor and good men of God are also condemned. PMB came to power against great odds.. a time when the country will be on it knees, if you believe all power belongs to God then I believe PMB was put there by GOD.( don't be alarmed GOD loves to USE such people). It's easy to find faults but I urge you to also look at the gains. The Economy is bad like wise in many nations even the advanced ones. But he needs to do better. He has done well in Anti graft and security
1.before you begin to ask where is the money?, he has no right to touch an evidence.
2. Who has he convicted?, don't forget that we have 3 arms of Gov and it is only the judiciary that can convict.
3. The executive is corrupt and the legislative also but the judiciary should never be cos they hold the powers of life and death, freedom and incarceration. Their punishment should be worse for any reason at all.
4. Even if our President is evil which I strongly doubt, would it not be better we support him, not for his sake but we should encourage him to do well for the poor and down stricken,
To continue to wish him failure is a wish for the poor to get poorer,
IF HE SUCCEEDS WE ALL SUCCEED AND IF HE FAIL WE ALL FAIL
Both the pdp and APC and the FUNNY part is. PMB and his family will feel no pain only pity for you and I. NOTHING IS A COINCIDENCE before GOD...PMB IS the best thing to happen to the crooks that have kept us POOR, at least only the poor CRIES BUT NOW THE RICH share the same pain or will sure open there Eye to know that no condition is permanent

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Poll: Not A Do-or-die Affair —buhari by preciousmaro: 3:33am On Dec 10, 2016
But u and ur minister made it so
Re: Rivers Poll: Not A Do-or-die Affair —buhari by Boleyndynasty2(f): 6:23am On Dec 10, 2016
Bloody liar... I just pity any Apc candidates that wins today cry
Re: Rivers Poll: Not A Do-or-die Affair —buhari by Abeymills(m): 6:31am On Dec 10, 2016
Buhari u are not God the God of heaven and earth is greater than u

(1) (Reply)

Obingwa Lga Chairman Elect Thanks His People / Reno Omokri Flashback On Former Nnpc Gmd Andrew Yakubu's Millions / Nigeria’s Total Debt Profile Rises To N17.4trn From N2tn In 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.