Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,371 members, 7,822,746 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

How To Track And Retrieve Your Lost Phone Within A Week In Nigeria. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Track And Retrieve Your Lost Phone Within A Week In Nigeria. (2465 Views)

How To Retrieve Your Lost/damaged Airtel Sim / Best 4 Ways To Track Your Lost Phone / How To Install A Recycle Bin In Your Android Device And Retrieve Deleted Files (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Track And Retrieve Your Lost Phone Within A Week In Nigeria. by investigator007: 8:02pm On Dec 09, 2016
I don’t mind confessing that I am a bit dreamy and absent minded! Right from childhood I have lost things like handkerchiefs, keys, wallets, pencil boxes, books, and even money! My family members and friends used to make sure that no precious articles would be in my charge when we used to go out together. As these things were valuables and some of which were connected to security of our home (keys mainly) I always felt so bad losing them that I wanted to kill myself!

Last birthday my brother gifted me a new smartphone it was a tecno phantom — I absolutely relished the features of this device. Apart from being my gadget from communication, It made my work easier too. Further, I found this as my personal piece of entertainment too. I used to download gaming applications and watch movies almost every day, this too just got lost/stolen .

But habit is an ingrained thing, and to be honest, I couldn’t change it. The resultant was that recently I lost my android phone and went absolutely crazy! It had some valuable data, contact numbers and images! Everything is gone. Such is life, I thought.

I called up my number in blind hope that the person who got it might be honest and will return it to me! But quite commonly, when I called my number it was switched off! It’s stolen, I thought. Then, in order to ensure that my phone would not be misused, Ive already made a welcome back of the sim so that the ‘filthy’ thief cannot misuse my number

I heard i can submit the IMEI number of my Android set to the police so it can be used to tracked the exact location of the device by my service provider, please is that posible here in nigeria?

If yes, what is the procedure to go about it?

If No, what then is the use of the IMEI if i cannot use it to track my lost phone, why do i need to know my IMEI number?

1 Like

Re: How To Track And Retrieve Your Lost Phone Within A Week In Nigeria. by bizza45: 8:10pm On Dec 09, 2016
guy for real I tot u have something important to say...
Re: How To Track And Retrieve Your Lost Phone Within A Week In Nigeria. by olahero(m): 8:29pm On Dec 09, 2016
LOL, I AM NOT TOO SURE OF THAT STUFF IS WORKING FOR REAL. POLICE
Re: How To Track And Retrieve Your Lost Phone Within A Week In Nigeria. by ayourbamie: 9:09pm On Dec 09, 2016
Next time go straight to the point. Too long abeg
Re: How To Track And Retrieve Your Lost Phone Within A Week In Nigeria. by Nobody: 5:46pm On Dec 11, 2016
bizza45:
guy for real I tot u have something important to say...

His phone got lost. It may not be important to you but it is to him
Re: How To Track And Retrieve Your Lost Phone Within A Week In Nigeria. by excanny: 7:40pm On Dec 11, 2016
Make sure you register it on Android Device Manager so you can trace it.

Thats what I did when I bought my Tecno Boom J8,

cos I cherish that phone more than my girlfriend

(babe Im just joking o grin
Re: How To Track And Retrieve Your Lost Phone Within A Week In Nigeria. by bacco2000(m): 5:44am On Dec 12, 2016
excanny:
Make sure you register it on Android Device Manager so you can trace it.

Thats what I did when I bought my Tecno Boom J8,

cos I cherish that phone more than my girlfriend

(babe Im just joking o grin

Android device manager of a thing works partially.

It will only work if your phone's location is On and data is On.

In a scenario where the stolen phone has been switched off or no data connection.

Sorry is the case.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Track And Retrieve Your Lost Phone Within A Week In Nigeria. by Nobody: 6:39am On Dec 12, 2016
For Android phone forget about tracing with imei, u just have keep your phone well, for blackberry, iPhone and the rest it will work

(1) (Reply)

Vivo Y53i Specification / Us Whatsapp Number + Nord Vpn / How To Do Day-time Xtra Cool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.