Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,739 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Akufo-Addo Wins Ghana Presidential Election - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Akufo-Addo Wins Ghana Presidential Election (32233 Views)

President Nana Akufo-Addo's Outfit To An Event That Has Got Everyone Talking / President Akufo-Addo's Attire On His First Day At Work (Photos) / Ghana's Presidential Palace Gets New Name Ahead Of Jan 7 Inauguration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akufo-Addo Wins Ghana Presidential Election by AzontoGhost(m): 10:44am On Dec 10, 2016
davidmoyes:

Actually. There was about 17 million voters. Not sure but an estimate though. I school in Ghana and so far, the so-called change that was promised looks like a scam. The promises he's made were way too much and he got Ghanaians with the promise of eradicating unemployment and creating one factory each in all constituencies. Let's hope it works out for them though.

There are 15,712,499 eligible voters in Ghana.
He didn't promise a factory in each constituency ( There are 275 constituencies) but rather a factory each in all districts (216 districts).
I second your last statement though, Lets hope it works out for US.
Thanks
Re: Akufo-Addo Wins Ghana Presidential Election by wasuka14(m): 10:53am On Dec 10, 2016
bumi10:
Breaking: Opposition Party's Candidate Akufo-Addo, Wins Ghana Presidential Election

Looks like the battle is over in Ghana's Presidential Elections and it is breathtaking. Nana Akufo-Addo of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) has won Ghana’s presidential election with an absolute majority over incumbent President John Mahama, two influential private radio stations has announced today being Friday 9th, December 2016.

Ghana's main opposition leader, Nana Akufo-Addo, has won the West African country's presidential election with an absolute majority over President John Mahama, two influential private radio stations said on Friday. Ghana is a beacon of democracy in a region that has seen a series of civil wars and coups with a record of peaceful elections in which power has alternated between two main parties.

Joy FM's website showed Akufo-Addo winning 53.27 percent of the vote and Mahama on 44.93 percent, based on its count of 233 constituencies out of 275 in total. Citi FM gave Akufo-Addo 54.97 percent based on 231 constituencies.

If confirmed, the results would represent a bigger margin of victory than either party has achieved in recent elections and validate Akufo-Addo who lost by narrow margins in 2008 and 2012. Mahama appealed for calm and told his supporters he would respect the outcome of Wednesday's vote whether he won or lost, in comments aimed at defusing tension ahead of the release of official results expected Saturday.

In Mahama's words:

"I want to assure the nation that we will respect the outcome of the election, positive or negative, and so let us just be calm," he told supporters gathered outside his house".

His campaign chief said on Friday the party lost many parliamentary seats but hopes to win the presidency. The country is eagerly awaiting official results but Ghana Electoral Commissioner Charlotte Osei said they would be announced by Saturday once technical issues had been resolved.

More updates to follow.....

http://www.exlinklodge.com/2016/12/breaking-news-opposition-partys.html

J-Jonathan lost election 2015
J-Jameel lost election 2016
J-John lost election 2016
if your name start with J pls do not seek sencond term in office because you will lost ooooo.
Re: Akufo-Addo Wins Ghana Presidential Election by K4: 11:00am On Dec 10, 2016
tagbarhaufuoma:
Ghana have just joined Nigeria with Change, they will suffer now
Nonsense! Ghana had long seen the transfer of power to the opposition before it happened in nigeria. Ghana had seen a transfer of power to the opposition every 8 years. When did the so- called change happen in nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Akufo-Addo Wins Ghana Presidential Election by Earth2Metahuman: 11:10am On Dec 10, 2016
Princedapace:

Electricity wise... They are far ahead.. Some of the countries there in north Africa has reached over 95% electricity supply for all her citizens...
how exactly? Last time I checked, there is no Country in African that can boast of 24/7 electricity.. Even in South Africa that generates more than 30k mw of electricity, they still have issues with power.

In terms of infrastructure they are far far ahead.. And you know the importance of infrastructure to the economy..

Really? Which infrastructure biko? The last time I checked, Nigerian economy is bigger than all the 5 or 6 major North African coountries combined, don't even talk about Ghana, togo, cameroon, Benin, ivory coasts, Niger and so many countries in West Africa.
Most of the infrastructural break through I know happens in West Africa and still happening.

In the area of tourism...they are world class...Egypt, tunisia...morocco etc..

After the Egyptian pyramid, name any other tourists destination in entire North Africa.

In terms of urbanization...they are ahead too...
define urbanization

In teams of sport...they are ahead with better league organization such as football league...and other sports.
so football is the only sport in the world.
Last time I checked, West African countries are still the ones with most of African cup of nation trophies.
West Africa won it 14 times and North Africa won it 10times only.

In the all Africa games, which combines all sports, its either South Africa or Nigeria wining it.. Never the north Africans... So, how exactly are they better in sport?

In manufacturing...they are far ahead as some companies from Egypt , morocco, Algeria are top manufacturers globally..
better in manufacturing and yet their economy is in s abysmal state. Seriously?

These countries have products that are produced and finished in their countries and supplied globally for market competition...

Name some of the products. Name one and I will name 2 in return that come from West Africa.

In terms of health...they are far ahead..
how exactly? When best doctors from Africa are from Nigeria or west Africa. Seriously?

I can list on and on.. Naaa.. They are better advanced than west Africa...bro...west Africa na cast...even southern Africa is more advanced than west Africa..
still waiting for where they are better than west Africa.
Re: Akufo-Addo Wins Ghana Presidential Election by davidmoyes(m): 11:29am On Dec 10, 2016
AzontoGhost:

There are 15,712,499 eligible voters in Ghana.
He didn't promise a factory in each constituency ( There are 275 constituencies) but rather a factory each in all districts (216 districts).
I second your last statement though, Lets hope it works out for US.
Thanks
Thanks for the correction.
Re: Akufo-Addo Wins Ghana Presidential Election by Horus(m): 12:45pm On Dec 10, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X93sEksCC1M

Nana Akufo-Addo wins Ghana presidential election
Re: Akufo-Addo Wins Ghana Presidential Election by Princedapace(m): 1:33pm On Dec 10, 2016
Earth2Metahuman:
how exactly? Last time I checked, there is no Country in African that can boast of 24/7 electricity.. Even in South Africa that generates more than 30k mw of electricity, they still have issues with power.

Read this article .. You will see that Egypt recorded 100% access to electricity and u will see the position of north and west Africa
http://qz.com/664086/these-charts-show-reliable-electricity-is-still-a-luxury-to-more-than-half-of-africa/

Really? Which infrastructure biko? The last time I checked, Nigerian economy is bigger than all the 5 or 6 major North African combined, don't even talk about Ghana, togo, cameroon, Benin, Nigeria and so many countries in West Africa.
Most of of the infrastructural break through I know happens in West Africa and still happening.

Read this article to see the position of North Africa and west Africa as it stands..in 2016..

https://www.tralac.org/news/article/9870-the-africa-infrastructure-development-index-2016-update.html

Also read this article to see how countries in north Africa offer access to basic things like water...electricity, good road, telecom services..etc the article ranking is from CNN..
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/01/19/africa/gallery/top-countries-africa-infrastructure/index.html

After the Egyptian pyramid, name any other tourist destination Centre in entire North Africa.

Read this article from wiki to see where your region falla and where north African countries fall..my brother..u can't even argue tourism in Africa..north Africa and east Africa has the most developed tourism sectors that can compete with the best in the world..
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourism_in_Africa

define urbanization

North Africa countries have more developed cities..with the reports in I av provided above about infrastructure in the region..u will understand better..

Last time I checked, West African countries are still the ones with most of African cup of nation trophies.
West Africa won it 14 times and North Africa won it on 10 only.

I'm not here to talk about talent but sport management..can even argue this one too , huh? Which league in Africa aside that of south Africa can stand with those in north Africa...like Egypt, Tunisia, morocco and Algeria?

In the all Africa games, which combines all sports, its either South Africa or Nigeria wining it.. Never the north Africans... So how exactly are they better in sport?

Clubs like Ahly of Egypt, Zamalek, Esperance, ES setiff of Algeria, Eto Due Sahel of Tunisia etc all have vibrant sporting clubs like basket ball..handball teams, etc..these countries have well managed clubs that compete in the world.. They may not have the talent but have the facilities and management...same as England with the best league but badly do well in global football recently.. U can't argue this..west Africa has no sport facilities...at all. Don't u watch television ? U no dey see sport facilities in north Africa and how they are maintained..? In 2013, FA Rabat of morocco got to the final of the Fifa club world cup hosted by Morocco..I can't believe u put up this ..

better in manufacturing and yet their economy is in s abysmal state. Seriously?

Read this article to see countries that are meeting local production for certain demands...like rice..

http://www.fao.org/docrep/003/x2243t/x2243t05.htm

Also read this article..bro..
Read this article http://www.automotiveworld.com/analysis/north-africa-next-frontier-vehicle-manufacturing/

Also read this article by CNN and point out where west African countries fall and Nigeria and compare position of north African countries..
http://edition.cnn.com/2014/12/18/business/africa-prosperity-rankings-2014/
Name some of the products and I will name 2 in return that comes from West Africa.

how exactly? When best black doctors from Africa are from Nigeria or west Africa. Seriously? W
still waiting for where they are better than west Africa.

Well what can u say when morocco is the 29th best country with the best health care system and all north African countries are found in the first 100 with no single west African country...

Check http://thepatientfactor.com/canadian-health-care-information/world-health-organizations-ranking-of-the-worlds-health-systems/

Abi u won talk about educational ranking ? Read the articles and thank me later..there is no way u can compare north Africa with west Africa...west Africa is really having issues ...may God deliver us though..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akufo-Addo Wins Ghana Presidential Election by Nobody: 9:46pm On Dec 10, 2016
Earth2Metahuman:

in algeria we have electricty and water h24/7 all the year same for morocco and tunisia ,

african population without acces to electricity ,

Really? Which infrastructure biko? The last time I checked, Nigerian economy is bigger than all the 5 or 6 major North African coountries combined

you'r talking about GDP?? nigeria GDP : 490.207 B , egypt: 330.765 B , algeria : 172.278 B , morocco : 103 B ( only egypt+algeria = 503 billions ) and i dont want to talk about GDP per capita

After the Egyptian pyramid, name any other tourists destination in entire North Africa .

morocco, tunisia, algeria

West Africa won it 14 times and North Africa won it 10times only.

In the all Africa games , which combines all sports, its either South Africa or Nigeria wining it.. Never the north Africans. .. So, how exactly are they better in sport?

for sport there is not only football (north african club and national teams are profssionnals and at high level , egypt is 1st in africa with 7 titles national team ,and 8 title for ahly FC ) , try to check others sports volley ball, handball, judo, karate boxing ect .....(by national team or clubs ) 1st 2nd 3d place you will most find tunisia algeria egypt , morroco is 4th or 5th not far , and for african all games 2015 egypt won them also , algeria was 4th (1 medal from3rd) , tunisia 5th wink

african all games 2015 medals

african all games 2007 medals

African Men's Handball Championship history

African Men's Volleyball Championship history

you can seach any world development report or statistics ( education , illiteracy, health , life expectancy ,electricity , water , transport , housing , infrastructure ect... ) country like algeria , egypt, morocco tunisia are ahead by far from west african countries, it's only facts wink
Re: Akufo-Addo Wins Ghana Presidential Election by Earth2Metahuman: 10:31am On Dec 15, 2016
chkil:

in algeria we have electricty and water h24/7 all the year same for morocco and tunisia ,

african population without acces to electricity ,

We are talking about 24/7 uninterrupted power supply

you'r talking about GDP?? nigeria GDP : 490.207 B , egypt: 330.765 B , algeria : 172.278 B , morocco : 103 B ( only egypt+algeria = 503 billions ) and i dont want to talk about GDP per capita

Stop lying.. Egyptian gdp is around 272 billion it peaked at 330billion last year's, but they have been on downward spiral since then just like South Africa and Nigeria. The time, their economy peaked at 330 nigerian economy was 50 billion until global recession.

South Africa the second largest is 330 billion for now. Why the lie?

morocco, tunisia, algeria

for sport there is not only football (north african club and national teams are profssionnals and at high level , egypt is 1st in africa with 7 titles national team ,and 8 title for ahly FC ) , try to check others sports volley ball, handball, judo, karate boxing ect .....(by national team or clubs ) 1st 2nd 3d place you will most find tunisia algeria egypt , morroco is 4th or 5th not far , and for african all games 2015 egypt won them also , algeria was 4th (1 medal from3rd) , tunisia 5th wink

african all games 2015 medals

african all games 2007 medals

African Men's Handball Championship history

African Men's Volleyball Championship history

you can seach any world development report or statistics ( education , illiteracy, health , life expectancy ,electricity , water , transport , housing , infrastructure ect... ) country like algeria , egypt, morocco tunisia are ahead by far from west african countries, it's only facts wink
history all African games which comprises all sport, it either South Africa or Kenya.

And in football, West Africa won most of the African cup nation, do you have fact to dispute that?
Re: Akufo-Addo Wins Ghana Presidential Election by Nobody: 6:08pm On Dec 15, 2016
Earth2Metahuman:

We are talking about 24/7 uninterrupted power supply

well i'm in oran Algeria , for electricity in the year i have about 4 or 5 interruption for few seconds to 15 mn maxi

Stop lying.. Egyptian gdp is around 272 billion it peaked at 330billion last year's, but they have been on downward spiral since then just like South Africa and Nigeria. The time, their economy peaked at 330 nigerian economy was 50 billion until global recession.

lying ?? its official GDP for 2015 check any source you want ,from wordbank web site: nigeria 481 Billion , egypt 330 billion , , algeria 166 Billion, morocco 101B wink

South Africa the second largest is 330 billion for now. Why the lie?

i never said egypt was 2nd tongue , and south africa is not in west africa kiss we are tlaking west africa vs north africa correct ??

history all African games which comprises all sport, it either South Africa or Kenya.

yes and egypt is first in africa in african all games history , and again you need maybe geograhic lecons kenya and south africa are not in west africa, egypt alone have more gold medal that all west african countries together
try to talk with sources , statistique and from the stats i show you its clear west african countries are faaaar away from north africa ,
all african games medals history

And in football, West Africa won most of the African cup nation, do you have fact to dispute that?

yes i never said that was false , but nice to see that you make comparison 15 countries ( Bénin, Burkina Faso,Cap-Vert, Côte d'Ivoire, Gambie, Ghana, Guinée, Guinée-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Sénégal,Sierra Leone, Togo) with 5 countries only egypt, libya , tunisia ,algeria, morocco and you have find nothing only sport and only african cup fact in the sport and for this fabulous fact you will find west africa 13 titles , north africa 10 titles grin and what about football clubs ??
egypt 14 titles ( 8 ahly , 5 zamalek, 1 ismaely), algeria 5 titles (2setif 2 jsk , mca) morocco 5 titles ( raja3, widad1 raja1 ) tunisia 4 titles (2es tunis, 1 es sahel, 1 club africain) = 28
what about west african football clubs ?? Hafia FC 3 Canon Yaoundé 3, Asante Kotoko FC 2 , Enyimba FC 2 other one one (5 all) = 15 wink

so no need to continu your non sense maybe in 50 years come again to make the comparison mayb it will change
Re: Akufo-Addo Wins Ghana Presidential Election by Phame: 4:19pm On Dec 19, 2016
Princedapace:

Guy...never u compare north Africa with west Africa .
Who ballot epp ? Those guys even in their crises are miles ahead of west Africa ..
Democracy stupid for west Africa...
you maybe right.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Macron Warns Against Inflammatory Words After Biden’s Remark On Putin / Damien Tarel Gets 4 Months In Jail For Slapping French President, Macron / Where Is Nigeria In The G-20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.