Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,962 members, 7,835,216 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

Bode George Blasts Obasanjo – You’re A Serial Betrayer - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bode George Blasts Obasanjo – You’re A Serial Betrayer (439 Views)

Oshiomhole Blasts Obasanjo, Reveals What Ex-president Wants / Fayose Blasts Obasanjo: "He Speaks To Remain Relevant" / "You Are A Serial Betrayer", Bode George To Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Bode George Blasts Obasanjo – You’re A Serial Betrayer by Oloyenews: 8:58am On Dec 10, 2016
Bode George Blasts Obasanjo – You’re A Serial Betrayer

Former Deputy National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Chief Bode George has asked ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo to shut up and stop playing to the gallery through public criticism of President Muhammadu Buhari.

He gave the advice in Lagos in an interview with TUNDE THOMAS. George also urged factional National Chairman of the PDP, Ali Modu Sheriff to accept reality, and stop any further act of prolonging the crisis rocking the party.

According to George, the Court of Appeal’s recognition of Eyitayo Jegede from Senator Ahmed Makarfi faction of the PDP is a tacit recognition of Makarfi’s faction as the mainstream PDP.

“Sheriff’s eyes should be open now. He has come to divine judgment. He and his followers should be remorseful and return to Makarfi’s mainstream PDP. Sheriff has been an embarrassment to PDP, he should stop further acts of rascality,” he declared. He spoke further on this and more.

What is your reaction to Eyitayo Jegede’s victory over Jimoh Ibrahim at the Court of Appeal, and the implication for the lingering PDP crisis?
The judgment has reaffirmed my confidence in the Judiciary and it will no doubt help to strengthen our democracy. It is a classic judgment. Before that judgment, the whole world was looking at us, but thank God for the judgment, which to me, represents victory of light over darkness.

Democracy is a tripod. The Executive, Judiciary and the Legislature. As an engineer, I look at democracy as a three-legged body, but the moment one leg is out of the structure becomes wobbling and it is no longer stable, and that’s why I have been deeply worried about the future of our democracy with the recent development from a section of our judiciary.

But thank God for that Court of Appeal ruling, Sanity is being restored, but we still need to be vigilant and I would recommend that the National Judicial Council, NJC should wield the big axe by sanctioning some judges whose conduct has become a big stain on the judiciary. I’m talking of somebody like Justice Abang.

See how the Court of Appeal came hard on him because of his professional misconduct for all these political masquerades purporting to be politicians that have been disrupting the peace of the PDP, all those strangers in PDP who purported to be friends of the party but actually wanted to destroy the party have now been silenced through the Appeal Court judgment.

Thank God that Chief Justice of the Federation has also expressed concerns at what is happening in the judiciary. He has also promised to restore sanity, we are happy at that.

On the implication of the judgment for both Modu Sheriff and Senator Ahmed Makarfi led factions of the PDP …?
Cuts in … I’m coming to that. The judgment has proved that all this while, Modu Sheriff has been playing a spoiler’s game in the PDP.

The Appeal Court judgment in a way, by recognizing Eyitayo Jegede from Senator Makarfi’s faction of the PDP as the party’s candidate for the recent Ondo State gubernatorial election has in a way confirmed that faction as the authentic PDP. It is time for Sheriff to quit honourably now. Not only that, he also owe us an apology for trying to destroy PDP.

You know what happened at Port Harcourt Convention when people from Sheriff’s faction tried all shenanigans to perpetuate illegality, God destroyed their evil plans. The situation was so bad that the crisis in the PDP got to a point when some people even thought that the party would never recover from the crisis, but thank God for divine intervention.

That Appeal Court judgment made my celebration to be double as I’m celebrating my 71st birthday, and this judgment also came as double celebration for me.

In politics, you know that a political party is like a police station,. The door is never locked, the door is always opened, and you have all manners of people in a political party, rapists, armed robbers, intellects, hooligans, they are all there, all manner of characters.

But what you should ensure when you are fielding candidates for political offices is that rapists are not put in charge of Women Affairs, armed robbers are not put in charge of the Treasury, but everybody should have a say in a political party to manage all kinds of characters in a political party, requires wisdom and grace from God.

If Modu Sheriff and his followers have a sense of remorse, you will pardon them, but we can’t drive them away. You don’t drive people away from playing politics. My appeal to Modu Sheriff is that he should allow peace to reign. \

He should return to the main fold PDP. The PDP umbrella is big enough for all of us. He and his followers have been playing God, but with the court judgment God has proved Himself.

He and his followers have tried their rascality, it didn’t work, they should come back to the fold. They should also be remorseful. Let us all rebuild our party. The PDP umbrella that Sheriff is trying to tear apart is too strong for him.

Are you making a personal appeal to Sheriff now that he should give peace a chance in PDP?
Continue Reading>>>http://www.oloyenews.com/bode-george-blasts-obasanjo-youre-a-serial-betrayer/

Re: Bode George Blasts Obasanjo – You’re A Serial Betrayer by Mynd44: 9:03am On Dec 10, 2016

(1)

UNICEF Releases Video On Malnourished Children In Northeast (VIDEO) / Hon Giwa Preaches Love, Peace At Christmas / BREAKING NEWS: Ex Niger Governor Abdulkadir Kure Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.