Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,015 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

The Battle Is The Lords, Not Ours - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Battle Is The Lords, Not Ours (376 Views)

Madam Titi Surrenders To Jesus In The Lords Chosen, Testifies In Church (Video) / Armed Robber Caught At The Lords Chosen Church In Ondo,Tied With Rope(pics) / The Battle Is Getting Interesting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Battle Is The Lords, Not Ours by yommyuk: 10:34am On Dec 10, 2016
David had the opportunity to finish off his arch enemy, King Saul in the cave at the desert of Engedi and become King of Israel. His men urged him “See, this is the day the Lord told you, ‘See, I am about to give the one who hates you into your hand. You will do to him what you think is best.” (1 Samuel 24:4). David resisted them. He later told Saul; “May the Lord judge between you and me. May He punish you for your action against me. But my hand will not be against you” (1 Samuel 24:12).

In essence, David left Saul in the hand of the Lord to do as He seems fit. The bible said “For we know Him who said, “Vengeance is Mine; I will repay,” and again, “The Lord will judge His people.” It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.(Hebrew 10:30-31”)

1 Samuel 31:3-6
The battle became fierce against Saul. The archers hit him, and he was severely wounded by the archers. Then Saul said to his Armor bearer, "Draw your sword, and thrust me through with it, lest these uncircumcised men come and thrust me through and abuse me." But his Armor bearer would not, for he was greatly afraid. Therefore, Saul took a sword and fell on it. And when his Armor bearer saw that Saul was dead, he also fell on his sword, and died with him. So Saul, his three sons, his Armor bearer, and all his men died together that same day.

In essence, King Saul killed himself. May this not be our position in Jesus mighty name.

We depend on our intelligence, talents, material possessions, or family to help us, but God wants us to rely on Him alone. On whom or what do you depend?

Proverbs 3:5
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.

Jeremiah 17:5-9
Thus says the Lord: “Cursed is the man who trusts in man and makes flesh his strength, whose heart turns away from the Lord. He is like a shrub in the desert, and shall not see any good come. He shall dwell in the parched places of the wilderness, in an uninhabited salt land. “Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose trust is the Lord. He is like a tree planted by water, that sends out its roots by the stream, and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green, and is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit.” The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it?

1 Peter 5:7
Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.

Isaiah 26:4
Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock.

2 Corinthians 4:16-18
So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient (brief, temporary, short-lived), but the things that are unseen are eternal.

Philippians 4:19
And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

John 6:63
It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is no help at all. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life

IT IS WELL. GOD BLESS wink

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

A Surrendered Wife / Salvation; God's Big Idea / Multiple Award Winner, Shirley Caesar Receives Lifetime Achievement Award Honor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.