Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

A Child's Legs Buried In Benue Over His Inability To Walk As At When Due (Pics) - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / A Child's Legs Buried In Benue Over His Inability To Walk As At When Due (Pics) (45744 Views)

Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video / Man Killed By Lightning In Kwara Buried In Pigs Blood, Corpse Exhumed. Photos / Boy’s Legs Buried, In Benue State, Over His Inability To Walk As At When Due. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Child's Legs Buried In Benue Over His Inability To Walk As At When Due (Pics) by Sexina851(f): 12:34am On Dec 11, 2016
VajanahDischaj:
...and how many trauma pikin u Don count? cos u sabi speak english, u don go UK finish na. . .for your info, the child will be the happiest kid ever. I wonder what you will say when u see babies learning how to swim.

Lol,, Abeg tell to stop forming all dis science science rubbish for us.
Re: A Child's Legs Buried In Benue Over His Inability To Walk As At When Due (Pics) by Sexina851(f): 1:23am On Dec 11, 2016
juman:

Using baby walker is better or something as such.
go and buy it for them naw
Re: A Child's Legs Buried In Benue Over His Inability To Walk As At When Due (Pics) by Sexina851(f): 1:29am On Dec 11, 2016
samsam2019:
Africans with their disregardfor their very own culture. So I have seen it before and it works just fine.

Our ancestors may not build planes but they are thinkers. They are not some nut eating monkeys the whites would have you believe.

Some of y'all openingyour mouth like goat you don't even know if that was how you began to walk

you are so on point, it's annoying how blacks think everything the white man does is best and sole solution to a problem, them too carry oyibo for head
Re: A Child's Legs Buried In Benue Over His Inability To Walk As At When Due (Pics) by lordcenred(m): 2:08am On Dec 11, 2016
I did this to my cousin about 13years ago
Re: A Child's Legs Buried In Benue Over His Inability To Walk As At When Due (Pics) by Phaytte(f): 4:00am On Dec 11, 2016
they bought him biscuits and sweet... guy dey flex, una dey vex.. awon haters
Re: A Child's Legs Buried In Benue Over His Inability To Walk As At When Due (Pics) by creepsyme(f): 6:42am On Dec 11, 2016
broseme:
What is wrong with our people?Don't we think again?According to Jeph who lives in Makurdi,Benue state,a child's legs were buried in the ground due to his inability to walk at the appropriate time.Below is what he wrote...

'Just saw this around my neighborhood,a child got his legs buried for his inability to walk as at when due. Is this practice not barbaric and brutal?'

What do you think?

source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/12/see-what-was-done-to-kid-legs-in-benue.html
I see nothing wrong in it, as long as the are not doing anything harmful to the child. the parent are probably helpless and that culd be the only way out for them.
Re: A Child's Legs Buried In Benue Over His Inability To Walk As At When Due (Pics) by ikmoss(m): 7:42am On Dec 11, 2016
It's their belief, their culture...no need for criticisms
Re: A Child's Legs Buried In Benue Over His Inability To Walk As At When Due (Pics) by VajanahDischaj(f): 9:09am On Dec 11, 2016
Sexina851:

Lol,, Abeg tell to stop forming all dis science science rubbish for us.
my dear, some ppl no just get time to open internet and explore to learn. they assume and conclude, e be like say that guy never stay get village for this Nigeria sef cheesy
Re: A Child's Legs Buried In Benue Over His Inability To Walk As At When Due (Pics) by elsomm(m): 9:20am On Dec 11, 2016
redsceptic:

Did you read the post? You dont see the problem in someone exposed to pathogenic fungi that can cause meningitis, lung infection, skin infections that do not have a cure?

You keep name dropping on numerous microbes forgetting this same child plays on the same soil and is already exposed and probably immune to them. All ur so called scientifically proven practices once were crude until refined. Remember, early surgeons were persecuted for dismembering corpses. But now 2nd year students of medicine are allowed to try it out on cadavers.

So in essence, stop trying to sound enlightened cos you're not.

And those ungrateful blacks that will readily condemn black should be ashamed of themselves. If this was reported as originating from India, you all would advocate for it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Child's Legs Buried In Benue Over His Inability To Walk As At When Due (Pics) by elsomm(m): 9:30am On Dec 11, 2016
ndcide:

What about circumcision. Based on this quote.
I think you should stick to your limited knowledge.

Thank you. He's really limited but thinks he's wise

1 Like

Re: A Child's Legs Buried In Benue Over His Inability To Walk As At When Due (Pics) by elsomm(m): 9:33am On Dec 11, 2016
kedunaija:
this sort of practices is really funny. i thank God know body did that sort of things to me
http://dailygists.com.ng
http://dailytrend.com.ng

call ur mom 1st
Re: A Child's Legs Buried In Benue Over His Inability To Walk As At When Due (Pics) by zomoears(m): 10:30am On Dec 11, 2016
redsceptic:

Did you read the post? You dont see the problem in someone exposed to pathogenic fungi that can cause meningitis, lung infection, skin infections that do not have a cure?

Am sure u also read d part where he recommended that d practice could be refined if it works.

Common, kids are not as fragile as we make believe. We grew in tough climes, and arent we tough adults? D child would have moved past this so called trauma a few days later when he starts roaming d house on his feet.
Re: A Child's Legs Buried In Benue Over His Inability To Walk As At When Due (Pics) by skedy1(m): 10:38am On Dec 11, 2016
angeltolly:
cheesy They even gave the baby sweet and buscuit to keep him busy all the while.

In this 21st century Whoever did this no get sense sha. What is the correlation between this practice and baby walking. Smh.... So many microbes in that dump site. Common sense is not comment.
Microbiologist spotted.
Ama member dou!
Re: A Child's Legs Buried In Benue Over His Inability To Walk As At When Due (Pics) by samsam2019: 3:37pm On Dec 11, 2016
gj22:

Is it safe?
pretty much.
Re: A Child's Legs Buried In Benue Over His Inability To Walk As At When Due (Pics) by NikitaNike(f): 8:58pm On Dec 11, 2016
gj22:

Either you are joking or girls (including ur mother) really do have bonka fish brain.
Re: A Child's Legs Buried In Benue Over His Inability To Walk As At When Due (Pics) by Malawian(m): 9:26pm On Dec 11, 2016
Someone on this thread has already said he was treated that way, yet he did not remember the episode and was only told about it. The trauma angle stands disproven. Let me also share a personal experience. I was 12 maybe 13 years and could not swim (Lagos broughtup), while we were in the village stream, me and my likes camped at the portion where the water only reached the knees. When my elder cousin found out that i could not swim, he grabbed me and took me to the famed portion of that stream where the bed was quicksand, and just left me there and swarm off. I drank a lot of dirty water that day, but it was the day i learnt "nse n'enu" ( floating ) cos i wasnt going to sink that day cheesy everytime i see that my cousin, that is the first thing i remember. Not a trauma, but a happy memory.
Re: A Child's Legs Buried In Benue Over His Inability To Walk As At When Due (Pics) by munas: 9:11am On Dec 12, 2016
redsceptic:

If you can not scientifically defend the practice keep quiet. I can scientifically condemn it.

Not all children walk at the same age. Different people reach the milestone at different ages. Some never do. The cause of developmental delay should be sought by a professional.

The child is at risk of infection from earth dwelling microbes including viruses, bacteria and fungi. He may contract tetanus, botilinism, anthrax, , histoplasmosis, cryptosporidium, aspergillosis, pneumococcus, pneumocysticosis and strachybotrys among more than 100 other possibilities.
Among the bacteria let us mention the gram negatives as well as coliforms (bacteria found in human and animal waste)

Many of these have no effective treatment even with modern medicines

He may be exposed to elemental poisoning from man made and natural substances in the soil including radioactive waste, lead, products of degradation of plastics and other compounds, degradation products of insecticides and herbicides, leeched byproducts of industrial processes and mining etc.

Apart from sickness, this child is being subjected to mental and physical abuse by ignorant and/or wicked guardians.

Yet some people come here to defend this barbarism. Shame on you.

Black man. I give you hand o! No wonder we are last in everything that matters

Which physical and mental abuse are you talking about?
Have you been to a physiotheraphy session before to see how they work on children who are
having all sorts of muscle and nerver problems?
Its not here say...

I visit there with my children twice a week..

Which physical abuse is more than that?

You guys will just see something and conclude when you have no idea of what its all about.
Re: A Child's Legs Buried In Benue Over His Inability To Walk As At When Due (Pics) by munas: 9:23am On Dec 12, 2016
Onegai:
So if the child has scratched himself (like all kids do) and has an open sore on his skin and his legs are buried underground, he walks but then the wound gets infected....

what next?

we played and got injured in places worst than that....

Still waxing stronger till date

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Alaafin Oyo's Last Letter To Governor Makinde / Cushitic people the most beautiful people on Earth / Beautiful Yoruba Brides In Their Costume

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.