Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,708 members, 7,809,690 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:16 PM

A Child's Legs Buried In Benue Over His Inability To Walk As At When Due (Pics) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / A Child's Legs Buried In Benue Over His Inability To Walk As At When Due (Pics) (45700 Views)

Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video / Man Killed By Lightning In Kwara Buried In Pigs Blood, Corpse Exhumed. Photos / Boy’s Legs Buried, In Benue State, Over His Inability To Walk As At When Due. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Child's Legs Buried In Benue Over His Inability To Walk As At When Due (Pics) by broseme: 10:52am On Dec 10, 2016
What is wrong with our people?Don't we think again?According to Jeph who lives in Makurdi,Benue state,a child's legs were buried in the ground due to his inability to walk at the appropriate time.Below is what he wrote...

'Just saw this around my neighborhood,a child got his legs buried for his inability to walk as at when due. Is this practice not barbaric and brutal?'

What do you think?

source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/12/see-what-was-done-to-kid-legs-in-benue.html

2 Likes

Re: A Child's Legs Buried In Benue Over His Inability To Walk As At When Due (Pics) by broseme: 10:52am On Dec 10, 2016

Re: A Child's Legs Buried In Benue Over His Inability To Walk As At When Due (Pics) by angeltolly(f): 10:54am On Dec 10, 2016
cheesy They even gave the baby sweet and buscuit to keep him busy all the while.

In this 21st century Whoever did this no get sense sha. What is the correlation between this practice and baby walking. Smh.... So many microbes in that dump site. Common sense is not common.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Child's Legs Buried In Benue Over His Inability To Walk As At When Due (Pics) by Coccoh(f): 10:56am On Dec 10, 2016
Woooh shocked shocked
Re: A Child's Legs Buried In Benue Over His Inability To Walk As At When Due (Pics) by dainformant(m): 10:58am On Dec 10, 2016
OP, this has been posted here

https://www.nairaland.com/3511224/parents-bury-childs-legs-ground

broseme:
What is wrong with our people?Don't we think again?According to Jeph who lives in Makurdi,Benue state,a child's legs were buried in the ground due to his inability to walk at the appropriate time.Below is what he wrote...

'Just saw this around my neighborhood,a child got his legs buried for his inability to walk as at when due. Is this practice not barbaric and brutal?'

What do you think?
Re: A Child's Legs Buried In Benue Over His Inability To Walk As At When Due (Pics) by EternalTruths: 11:00am On Dec 10, 2016
There is nothing wrong with such practice.

It will help the child to overcome the fear to walk.

Its a traditional medical practice

125 Likes 8 Shares

Re: A Child's Legs Buried In Benue Over His Inability To Walk As At When Due (Pics) by broseme: 11:00am On Dec 10, 2016
dainformant:
OP, this has been posted here

https://www.nairaland.com/3511224/parents-bury-childs-legs-ground

Thanks man.Did not see it.One luv bro!
Re: A Child's Legs Buried In Benue Over His Inability To Walk As At When Due (Pics) by nrexzy: 11:01am On Dec 10, 2016
Lol..... When him go start to waka now turn area dem go complain

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Child's Legs Buried In Benue Over His Inability To Walk As At When Due (Pics) by dainformant(m): 11:03am On Dec 10, 2016
nice one... one love
broseme:
Thanks man.Did not see it.One luv bro!

1 Like

Re: A Child's Legs Buried In Benue Over His Inability To Walk As At When Due (Pics) by broseme: 11:05am On Dec 10, 2016
dainformant:
nice one... one love
How is ur weekend going bro?Any bottle for ur boy?
Re: A Child's Legs Buried In Benue Over His Inability To Walk As At When Due (Pics) by Nobody: 11:09am On Dec 10, 2016
He's so cute grin

3 Likes

Re: A Child's Legs Buried In Benue Over His Inability To Walk As At When Due (Pics) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 11:11am On Dec 10, 2016
My only problem is that they should take am sofri-sofri while harvesting the young lad's legs..

21 Likes

Re: A Child's Legs Buried In Benue Over His Inability To Walk As At When Due (Pics) by nNEOo(m): 11:13am On Dec 10, 2016
Serves him right angry
Re: A Child's Legs Buried In Benue Over His Inability To Walk As At When Due (Pics) by dainformant(m): 11:19am On Dec 10, 2016
lol.. my weekend is going fine... how many u fit finish naa
broseme:
How is ur weekend going bro?Any bottle for ur boy?
Re: A Child's Legs Buried In Benue Over His Inability To Walk As At When Due (Pics) by EternalTruths: 11:20am On Dec 10, 2016
DeLioncourt:

Ok this is dumb...

Verily i say unto you... Thou art very dumb...

To you

You fail to realize it is an ancient practice cool

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Child's Legs Buried In Benue Over His Inability To Walk As At When Due (Pics) by Nixiepie(f): 11:23am On Dec 10, 2016
Well I support it if actually will work

2 Likes

Re: A Child's Legs Buried In Benue Over His Inability To Walk As At When Due (Pics) by MadamExcellency: 11:24am On Dec 10, 2016
Unfortunately, I have done this before against all orthodox norms but it worked that same day in the evening. The boy was seen walking by himself after the "inhumane" torture five hours later.

Apologising to the boy when he always expresses gratitude is something else.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Child's Legs Buried In Benue Over His Inability To Walk As At When Due (Pics) by DeLioncourt: 11:25am On Dec 10, 2016
EternalTruths:

To you

You fail to realize it is an ancient practice cool

An ancient practice that only leaves the child with trauma.
This does not serve any sensible purpose...the idea that it with help the child walk is a baseless myth.
Re: A Child's Legs Buried In Benue Over His Inability To Walk As At When Due (Pics) by Justiceleague1: 11:27am On Dec 10, 2016
EternalTruths:
There is nothing wrong with such practice.

It will help the child to overcome the fear to walk.

Its a traditional medical practice

lolss...and maybe by the time some mean ant bite am there,the pikin go use that leg pick race like LEGo escape. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Child's Legs Buried In Benue Over His Inability To Walk As At When Due (Pics) by MadamExcellency: 11:33am On Dec 10, 2016
DeLioncourt:

An ancient practice that only leaves the child with trauma.
This does not serve any sensible purpose...the idea that it with help the child walk is a baseless myth.

Stop arguing, I may not scientifically defend the practice but I have done it and it worked that same day.

13 Likes

Re: A Child's Legs Buried In Benue Over His Inability To Walk As At When Due (Pics) by DeLioncourt: 11:35am On Dec 10, 2016
MadamExcellency:

Stop arguing, I may not scientifically defend the practice but I have done it and it worked that same day.

And dyu know what psychological scar you may have left the child with?
Y'all shud consider every implication of an act before executing it. There's a reason such acts are not approved by relevant authorities
Re: A Child's Legs Buried In Benue Over His Inability To Walk As At When Due (Pics) by ElectronicsGuy(m): 11:37am On Dec 10, 2016
waoh
Re: A Child's Legs Buried In Benue Over His Inability To Walk As At When Due (Pics) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:37am On Dec 10, 2016
If the practice has been working then it is a welcome development

18 Likes

Re: A Child's Legs Buried In Benue Over His Inability To Walk As At When Due (Pics) by MadamExcellency: 11:59am On Dec 10, 2016
DeLioncourt:

Y'all shud consider every implication of an act before executing it. There's a reason such acts are not approved by relevant authorities

But the boy has always been grateful even when I want to apologise for the torture..

From every indication, the joy of walking supersedes whatever trauma he experienced just like pregnant woman on labour forgets the trauma when the baby arrives.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Child's Legs Buried In Benue Over His Inability To Walk As At When Due (Pics) by AZeD1(m): 12:03pm On Dec 10, 2016
DeLioncourt:

I'm not in support of the act but I doubt there'll be any psychological scar. The boy doesn't know his right from his left so how and what would scar him?

38 Likes

Re: A Child's Legs Buried In Benue Over His Inability To Walk As At When Due (Pics) by redsceptic: 12:06pm On Dec 10, 2016
MadamExcellency:

If you can not scientifically defend the practice keep quiet. I can scientifically condemn it.

Not all children walk at the same age. Different people reach the milestone at different ages. Some never do. The cause of developmental delay should be sought by a professional.

The child is at risk of infection from earth dwelling microbes including viruses, bacteria and fungi. He may contract tetanus, botilinism, anthrax, , histoplasmosis, cryptosporidium, aspergillosis, pneumococcus, pneumocysticosis and strachybotrys among more than 100 other possibilities.
Among the bacteria let us mention the gram negatives as well as coliforms (bacteria found in human and animal waste)

Many of these have no effective treatment even with modern medicines

He may be exposed to elemental poisoning from man made and natural substances in the soil including radioactive waste, lead, products of degradation of plastics and other compounds, degradation products of insecticides and herbicides, leeched byproducts of industrial processes and mining etc.

Apart from sickness, this child is being subjected to mental and physical abuse by ignorant and/or wicked guardians.

Yet some people come here to defend this barbarism. Shame on you.

Black man. I give you hand o! No wonder we are last in everything that matters

14 Likes

Re: A Child's Legs Buried In Benue Over His Inability To Walk As At When Due (Pics) by DeLioncourt: 12:11pm On Dec 10, 2016
MadamExcellency:

But the boy has always been grateful even when I want to apologise for the torture..

From every indication, the joy of walking supersedes whatever trauma he experienced just like pregnant woman on labour forgets the trauma when the baby arrives.

True. But if you've had children, you'd know that you never really forget the pain of childbirth.
Torture and pain will always have a psychological effect...no matter how hidden it may seem.
But anyway...as they say...maybe in this case, the end justifies the means.

2 Likes

Re: A Child's Legs Buried In Benue Over His Inability To Walk As At When Due (Pics) by MadamExcellency: 12:15pm On Dec 10, 2016
redsceptic:

If you can not scientifically defend the practice keep quiet.

You solve a motor problem and replace it with psychological trauma. For the first time in my life I can see why some black people are ashamed of their colour.

Sharap there.

Ancient people have been solving their health challenges through traditional means which have been proved to work over time.

Having no scientific proof doesn't invalidate a result.

52 Likes

Re: A Child's Legs Buried In Benue Over His Inability To Walk As At When Due (Pics) by sinkhole: 12:30pm On Dec 10, 2016
redsceptic:

If you can not scientifically defend the practice keep quiet. I can scientifically condemn it.

The child is at risk of infection from earth dwelling microbes including viruses, bacteria and fungi. He may contract tetanus, botilinism, anthrax, cryptosporidium, histoplasmosis, cryptosporidium, aspergillosis, pneumococcus, pneumocysticosis and strachybotrysamong more than 100 other possibilities.
Among the bacteria let us mention the gram negatives as well as coliforms (bacteria found in human and animal waste)

Apart from sickness, this child is being subjected to mental and physical abuse by ignorant and/or wicked guardians.
Yet some people come here to defend this barbarism. Shame on you.

For the first time in my life I can see why some black people are ashamed of their colour.
I can not see any problem here! The practice does not cut the child's leg nor damage the legs in anyway.
Everything that happen in this world does not have scientific proof yet, if this practice works, as it seems to be, then a research into what makes it work could be launched and a refinement of the method could be prescribed.

12 Likes

Re: A Child's Legs Buried In Benue Over His Inability To Walk As At When Due (Pics) by redsceptic: 12:35pm On Dec 10, 2016
sinkhole:
I can not see any problem here! The practice does not cut the child's leg nor damage the legs in anyway.
Everything that happen in this world does not have scientific proof yet, if this practice works, as it seems to be, then a research into what makes it work could be launched and a refinement of the method could be prescribed.

Did you read the post? You dont see the problem in someone exposed to pathogenic fungi that can cause meningitis, lung infection, skin infections that do not have a cure?

3 Likes

Re: A Child's Legs Buried In Benue Over His Inability To Walk As At When Due (Pics) by DIKEnaWAR: 12:41pm On Dec 10, 2016
They gave him a candy too. Meaning he go old for there. grin

18 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

80-Year-Old Alaafin Of Oyo Demonstrates How To Disarm A Thief (Photos) / Alaafin Oyo's Last Letter To Governor Makinde / Beautiful Yoruba Brides In Their Costume

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.