Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,291 members, 7,807,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:31 AM

Which Programing Language Do I Need To Create A Forum - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Which Programing Language Do I Need To Create A Forum (2416 Views)

Which Programing Language Is Used In Building Symbian Applications? / Learn Cool New Trending Programing Language Called FLUTTER / Android Programing And Web Programing, Which One Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Programing Language Do I Need To Create A Forum by donblade85555(m): 1:32pm On Dec 10, 2016
which programing language do i need to create a forum like nairaland
Re: Which Programing Language Do I Need To Create A Forum by Donald3d(m): 1:42pm On Dec 10, 2016
donblade85555:
which programing language do i need to create a forum like nairaland
Php is fine enough
Re: Which Programing Language Do I Need To Create A Forum by melodyogonna(m): 2:07pm On Dec 10, 2016
python or php will do
Re: Which Programing Language Do I Need To Create A Forum by Nobody: 2:44pm On Dec 11, 2016
PHP along with MySQL database

1 Like

Re: Which Programing Language Do I Need To Create A Forum by feyisejoy(m): 8:31am On Dec 30, 2016
Arduino
Re: Which Programing Language Do I Need To Create A Forum by mascotttttttttt(m): 11:01pm On Aug 06, 2017
PHP and MySQL will do the job....
Re: Which Programing Language Do I Need To Create A Forum by menwongo(m): 11:54pm On Aug 06, 2017
melodyogonna:
python or php will do

Computer with 4 gb ram and 500,hdd is it good for python programming?
Or should I go for core i2
Re: Which Programing Language Do I Need To Create A Forum by Donald3d(m): 1:14am On Aug 07, 2017
menwongo:

It should do just fine ,but it also depends on what kind of application you are try to develop.
But it should do fine

1 Like

Re: Which Programing Language Do I Need To Create A Forum by menwongo(m): 8:48am On Aug 07, 2017
Donald3d:

It should do just fine ,but it also depends on what kind of application you are try to develop.
But it should do fine
Am just a newbie, I want to learn java programming or python. Infact a good mobile programming language.
Thank you bro
Re: Which Programing Language Do I Need To Create A Forum by Donald3d(m): 9:30am On Aug 07, 2017
menwongo:

Am just a newbie, I want to learn java programming or python. Infact a good mobile programming language.
Thank you bro
Since you are a newbie ,I would advice you start with Html and Javascript first
REASONS:
-Javascript(not to be mistaken with Java) is easy to learn and it would help you easily pick up the core fundamentals of programming
-Since its easier to learn , it would make you feel good about yourself and encouraged not to give up
-Javascript is also Object Oriented(a topic for another day)

Then gradually move over to Python after creating several programs and your are fairly comfortable with Javascript
You would notice how easy it is coding in Python ,since you already understand the core fundamentals of programming learnt in Javascript (The syntax is also similar -but not the same)

Then you can now move to Java

Its not advisable to start learning programming with Java ,most of the time it frustrates newbies and make them give up easily ,because of its relatively complex syntax and learning curve .

Look at this examples if you want to print ordinary "Hello World "on your screen

Javascript:
alert('hello world');

Python:
print 'hello world '

Java:

public class HelloWorld {

public static void main(String []args) {
System.out.println("Hello World"wink;
}
}

The difference is clear,two are like you are speaking english , the other is like an alien language grin

2 Likes

Re: Which Programing Language Do I Need To Create A Forum by menwongo(m): 9:42am On Aug 07, 2017
Donald3d:

REASONS:
-Javascript(not to be mistaken with Java) is easy to learn and it would help you easily pick up the core fundamentals of programming
-Since its easier to learn , it would make you feel good about yourself and encouraged not to give up

Then gradually move over to Python after creating several programs and your are fairly comfortable with Javascript
You would notice how easy it is coding in Python ,since you already understand the core fundamentals of programming learnt in Javascript (The syntax is also similar -but not the same)

Its not advisable to start learning programming with Java ,most of the time it frustrates newbies and make them give up easily ,because of its relatively complex syntax and learning curve .

Look at this examples if you want to print ordinary "Hello World "on your screen

Javascript:
alert('hello world');

Python:
print 'hello world '

Java:

}
}

The difference is clear,two are like you are speaking english , the other is like an alien language grin
Thank you bro.
To me python is even easier than java script, according to your example.
But is java script related to java program. As in in learning either java script or python which of them will aid me in learning java program.
Thank you sir
Re: Which Programing Language Do I Need To Create A Forum by Donald3d(m): 9:57am On Aug 07, 2017
menwongo:

Thank you bro.
To me python is even easier than java script, according to your example.
But is java script related to java program. As in in learning either java script or python which of them will aid me in learning java program.
Thank you sir
Javascript is not related to Java
You can learn in the order I gave you Javascript -> Python -> Java
There is nothing hard about programming is just learning the core fundamentals of programming,thinking and brainstorming and understanding the syntax(or lay man english- pattern) of the particular programming language

1 Like

Re: Which Programing Language Do I Need To Create A Forum by menwongo(m): 10:00am On Aug 07, 2017
Donald3d:

Javascript is not related to Java
You can learn in the order I gave you Javascript -> Python -> Java
There is nothing hard about programming is just learning the core fundamentals of programming,thinking and brainstorming and understanding the syntax(or lay man english- pattern) of the particular programming language
Thanks
Re: Which Programing Language Do I Need To Create A Forum by seunny4lif(m): 10:35am On Aug 07, 2017
Donald3d:

REASONS:

Javascript:
alert('hello world');

Python:
print 'hello world '

Java:

}
}

My chest oooooh grin grin grin grin grin grin
Java is not from this world grin grin grin grin
Re: Which Programing Language Do I Need To Create A Forum by heskeyw(m): 12:28pm On Aug 07, 2017
Must coders and programmers be good in mathematics ? I was watching silicon valley, and i noticed that these guys are sometimes faced with challenges when they r building their apps, they formed algorithms in order to solve these problems, at a point, they solve a problem using masturbation techniques,etc, so my question is if u r nt good in mathematics, hw can u build algorithms that run apps?
Re: Which Programing Language Do I Need To Create A Forum by melodyogonna(m): 9:12pm On Aug 07, 2017
menwongo:

Ofcourse, the computer will do, what is the processor type??
Re: Which Programing Language Do I Need To Create A Forum by menwongo(m): 9:27pm On Aug 07, 2017
melodyogonna:

Ofcourse, the computer will do, what is the processor type??
Thank you brother.
I bought hp core i3, 8gb and 1tb hdd today.
Hopping to start python lesson soonest
Re: Which Programing Language Do I Need To Create A Forum by Nobody: 12:25am On Aug 08, 2017
menwongo:

Thank you brother.
I bought hp core i3, 8gb and 1tb hdd today.
Hopping to start python lesson soonest
Model and price?
Re: Which Programing Language Do I Need To Create A Forum by Nobody: 12:29am On Aug 08, 2017
heskeyw:
Must coders and programmers be good in mathematics ? I was watching silicon valley, and i noticed that these guys are sometimes faced with challenges when they r building their apps, they formed algorithms in order to solve these problems, at a point, they solve a problem using masturbation techniques,etc, so my question is if u r nt good in mathematics, hw can u build algorithms that run apps?
Basic math skills would do... Say Algebra.

Programming is more of thinking and creativity. How good you can solve a problem using codes
Re: Which Programing Language Do I Need To Create A Forum by menwongo(m): 12:29am On Aug 08, 2017
Preboy:

Model and price?
Hp, #160,000
Re: Which Programing Language Do I Need To Create A Forum by Nobody: 12:29am On Aug 08, 2017
menwongo:

Hp, #160,000
Model not brand.. . Thanks!
Re: Which Programing Language Do I Need To Create A Forum by menwongo(m): 12:35am On Aug 08, 2017
Preboy:

Model not brand.. . Thanks!
Lol. Sorry. I guess it's number?

Hp 15-ay039wm
Re: Which Programing Language Do I Need To Create A Forum by Nobody: 12:37am On Aug 08, 2017
menwongo:

Lol. Sorry. I guess it's number?

Hp 15-ay039wm
thanks
Re: Which Programing Language Do I Need To Create A Forum by menwongo(m): 12:42am On Aug 08, 2017
Preboy:
thanks
Thanks too
Re: Which Programing Language Do I Need To Create A Forum by menwongo(m): 12:43am On Aug 08, 2017
Preboy:
thanks
Please let meet on whatsapp 07064674174

(1) (Reply)

Flight Booking API: Giving New Dimension To Aviation Industry / Let's Build An App Together - Team Work / General Strategies For Converting Legacy Code?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.