Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,948 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Is Microsoft Access Still Relevant Today? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Is Microsoft Access Still Relevant Today? (2528 Views)

I Wanna Learn Coding And Microsoft Access In Ibadan.. / Help With Attendance Form And Report With Microsoft Access / Help Him Create Interdependent Fields Microsoft Access (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Microsoft Access Still Relevant Today? by nikky5(m): 12:40am On Mar 19, 2016
Please I need the candid opinion of the house if it is \worthwhile for me to learn Ms-Access for database. I would like to incorporate it with Ms Excel for personal project. Pls advice accordingly. Thanks.
Re: Is Microsoft Access Still Relevant Today? by bigtt76(f): 1:24am On Mar 19, 2016
Its your starting block in the world of software and application development. There are still great consumer applications built in MS Access still in use to date.
Re: Is Microsoft Access Still Relevant Today? by Fulaman198(m): 8:36am On Mar 19, 2016
I would skip MS Access altogether and get into MySQL.

1 Like

Re: Is Microsoft Access Still Relevant Today? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Mar 19, 2016
One bad thing about Microsoft is that their technology are investors-oriented rather than end user-oriented. They introduce a technology, but once the investors are fed up with it, hian! It is scrapped or discontinued, bringing to waste the resources people have put in trying to learn the technology. Thats the case with Visual Basic, Visual Fortran, Com components, Microsoft ADO provider, ASP, etc.

Secondly, you must have very great resource like high speed internet access and large gigs of HDD, to keep up with Microsoft's extremely fast changing technologies. For instance, i was surprised when a guy told me that ASP.NET MVC 4 is now considered an old web framework thus it cant support MS latest identity manager so i was told to download:

ASP.NET MVC 5

.NET 5.0, and;

Visual Studio 2015!!!

Just to be able to use the new identity manager Na wa ooh! Microsoft matter tire me.
Re: Is Microsoft Access Still Relevant Today? by omohayek: 2:38pm On Mar 19, 2016
Fulaman198:
I would skip MS Access altogether and get into MySQL.

Or even better, PostgreSQL.
Re: Is Microsoft Access Still Relevant Today? by Fulaman198(m): 7:37pm On Mar 19, 2016
omohayek:

Or even better, PostgreSQL.

Yep that works as well.
Re: Is Microsoft Access Still Relevant Today? by Nobody: 12:20am On Apr 25, 2016
bigtt76:
Its your starting block in the world of software and application development. There are still great consumer applications built in MS Access still in use to date.

Well said! I'm on it at the moment. Hope to move on to SQL in a couple of days.
Re: Is Microsoft Access Still Relevant Today? by bigtt76(f): 5:52am On Apr 25, 2016
Great! All the best

3doursdown:

Well said! I'm on it at the moment. Hope to move on to SQL in a couple of days.

(1) (Reply)

Data Science With Python Tutorial / Code To Check Phone Number / The Ultimate Web Development Training- Free Slots Available !! Hurry !!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.