Stats: 3,152,833 members, 7,817,442 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? (19786 Views)

Poll: Magun: myth or reality?

Myth: 30% (15 votes)
Reality: 69% (34 votes)
This poll has ended

Ile-ife - The Cradle Of Yoruba Race, Fact, Myth And Belief / Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. / Nigerian English Not Pidgin English A Myth Or Reality A Foreigner's Perspective (2) (3) (4)

Re: Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? by Queeneth(f): 1:31pm On Jan 24, 2007
i have heard abt it before bt if its really true do enlightened men do it as in place magun on their wives ,can it be denatured by an anti magun?Also this is the 21st century and anything that goes around comes around ::::can ladies place MAGUN on their husband? cheesy cheesy
Re: Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? by OpeLovely(f): 1:53am On Jan 26, 2007
Unfortunately, Magun is still in existence and is practised mostly in the rural areas but with education presently, its a bit rare. Even some ''educated'' people still engage in it.

It is RUBBISH angry, i mean, if you are insecure about a girl, leave her and don't destroy her life because if the girl in question does not cheat, after a stipulated period of time, she will have stomach pains and die.

Its not worth the stress also because the owner of the ''magunised'' woman will have to always revert it before he has sex with her and GOD help him, if he should forget to revert it.

@ magneto, you are indeed funny. It does exist coupled with so many fetish things that happen in people's backyards. In this day and age, what may seem abnormal to you is perfectly normal to another person.
Re: Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? by bennnie(m): 8:52am On Jan 26, 2007
please my gees ,magun is real ooooh.i was opportuned to witness an incident that happened at orile in 1999 or thereabout.the man and the women actually gummed together from the waste with the man inside the woman .To confirm the authenticitry of my story please go to orile police station and confirm.The adulterous duo were actually carried to the station when things got out of control .please if you must 'DO"do it with a single woman.dont ever try sleeping with another man's wife ,especially a yoruba man.
Re: Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? by Seun(m): 3:12pm On Jan 26, 2007
because the owner of the ''magunised'' woman
I didn't know that women were properties to be owned. I stand corrected. I'll buy a yellow one when next I'm at Oshodi market.
Re: Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? by miclad(m): 7:51pm On Jan 26, 2007
Magunuuuuuuuuuuu dont touch it because it kill quicklly
Re: Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? by Seun(m): 7:53pm On Jan 26, 2007
If this belief in imaginary Magun can reduce the prevalence of HIV/AIDS, maybe we should promote it more.
Re: Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? by OpeLovely(f): 9:27pm On Jan 26, 2007
@ Seun, education has clearly obscured your sights. Women are not properties but the man labels the woman as his property (so beware), hence the infliction of the Magun. If you don't think it's true, go to the villages and do your research.

Besides, it doesn't stop Hiv/Aids as it is not a barrier like a condom. It's a charm that causes havoc on the man who sticks his ''thing'' in where it doesn't belong.

If you don't believe, then probably you believe that witchcraft, Ogbanjes, e.t.c. are not real as well, right?
Re: Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? by Seun(m): 8:09pm On Jan 28, 2007
They are real alright - in peoples' minds!
Re: Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? by 4Play(m): 8:14pm On Jan 28, 2007
hang on ,does thunder kill people?
Re: Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? by xopher: 2:43am On Jan 29, 2007
If you are a believer in Magun , Then you will also believe ,

Money (Naira signed by CBN Governor Soludo with genuine serial number) making JuJu
Money (Euro/Pounds/Dollars) making rituals
Killer GSM number. (When you recieve a call from some strange Number you can drop dead.)
Phallus/Breast  Disappering/Reappearing JuJu (An old man may be given a liitle Kids "own" when it reappears)
Ofe (African Concorde)
e.t.c
Re: Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? by donnymikky(m): 11:10am On Jan 29, 2007
Magun simply means "do not climb" and if you dont believe this then you can take a risk!
Re: Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? by xopher: 12:13pm On Jan 30, 2007
These "Believers' will never cease to amaze.

Pls donnymikky Can you try some Magun on a C.S.W (Commercial Sex worker) and give us the result.

You may also try "Ogun Isoye" anytime you have an exam to write instead of reading and tell us the result also.
Re: Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? by richylaw(m): 9:19pm On Jan 31, 2007
@ xopher

I still find it amazing why the modern day generation find it hard to beleive some of these supernatural extraordinaries. I need to tell you on a brotherly level , who would not want to loose a beloved one that you should not dare magun ,I don't want to delve deeper than I 'd done in my previous posts. Please take the 'second taught time' to scroll back to my previous post on this topic and opelovely's too. Magun is real and will work on a C.S.W but why would you cast it on her when shes not your fiancee, she's such a free for all entity with no rival!.And if you care to know ofe, kananko, egbe,afodiye and so on exists and works for those who feel they need and use them. The only issue is that all these end up with negative repercussion
Re: Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? by donnymikky(m): 2:45pm On Feb 01, 2007
These "Believers' will never cease to amaze.

Please donnymikky Can you try some Magun on a C.S.W (Commercial Sex worker) and give us the result.

You may also try "Ogun Isoye" anytime you have an exam to write instead of reading and tell us the result also.

Xopher I am compelled to tell you 2 short stories that confirm the existence of mystical powers on earth.

STORY ONE:
I attended aboarding school at my secondary level. The school is situated in one of the a prominent cities in Ijebu Land. I had 2 of my friends whose father was a well known Traditional Harbalits. He is not one of these hungry ones we have here and there. I mean for the man to have 2 children in my school shows that he is a rich man. Infact my friends told me there father was a banker but was compelled by his father to take over from him. Every term, my friends came to school with a bottle of honey mixed with concussions. We inquiered and we were told it was "Ogun Isoye". We were curious and wanted to try new things then so we decided to be part of the honey licking venture. I could remember we all except these my friends ( they said they never believed in the potency of the honey even though it was prepared by there father) were taking this honey every morning before going to our classes, Believe me or not (it's your choice) These my friends failed while we got promoted to S.S.3. We all graduated from school and started writing JAMB and co. To my supprise again , these boys got admitted into higher instituions before most of us. Not that alone, they graduated with 2nd class upper.

STORY TWO:
I had a girlfriend when i was in school and we had a place called "BLACK MARKET". This was a place where boys meet their lovers or some one they want to toast (like we use to say then). One day i went there late and i could not find any junior student to help me call my girlfriend. As i was standing, my friend (the older among the 2 boys i talked about in the first story) came there to look for his girlfriend. He asked me where my babe was but i told him there was no one to call her for me. He told me to wait for a while and he quickly went back to the dormitory. Within 5 minutes my friend was back with a very small bottle containing a substance in powder form. He put some on his left palm, mentioned my girlfriend's name and made some incantations (simple and short incantations). I was astonished when i saw my babe coming from afar. When she got to me I asked her who came to call her that i was waiting for her, she told me she was sleeping (honestly she looked sleepy) when she just jumped up and had a feeling that i may be waiting for her at the black market.

My friend these things are real. Even the bible never deny the existence of these powers but it only admonishes us never to be part of them for they are not of God. You may chose to believe or not to believe my stories but remember i never said they happened to someone i know but to my very self.
Re: Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? by richylaw(m): 8:12pm On Feb 01, 2007
@donnymikky,
I must say a big thank you for proving yet another fact.In fact I am starting to beleive that guys who don't beleive in magun and other co ''dudus" are just trying to season up and make this issue more interesting. otherwise I still don't see why they still fail to beleive
Re: Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? by rikkyjen(m): 12:12am On Feb 02, 2007
donnymikky:

Xopher I am compelled to tell you 2 short stories that confirm the existence of mystical powers on earth.

STORY ONE:
I attended aboarding school at my secondary level. The school is situated in one of the a prominent cities in Ijebu Land. I had 2 of my friends whose father was a well known Traditional Harbalits. He is not one of these hungry ones we have here and there. I mean for the man to have 2 children in my school shows that he is a rich man. Infact my friends told me there father was a banker but was compelled by his father to take over from him. Every term, my friends came to school with a bottle of honey mixed with concussions. We inquiered and we were told it was "Ogun Isoye". We were curious and wanted to try new things then so we decided to be part of the honey licking venture. I could remember we all except these my friends ( they said they never believed in the potency of the honey even though it was prepared by there father) were taking this honey every morning before going to our classes, Believe me or not (it's your choice) These my friends failed while we got promoted to S.S.3. We all graduated from school and started writing JAMB and co. To my supprise again , these boys got admitted into higher instituions before most of us. Not that alone, they graduated with 2nd class upper.

STORY TWO:
I had a girlfriend when i was in school and we had a place called "BLACK MARKET". This was a place where boys meet their lovers or some one they want to toast (like we use to say then). One day i went there late and i could not find any junior student to help me call my girlfriend. As i was standing, my friend (the older among the 2 boys i talked about in the first story) came there to look for his girlfriend. He asked me where my babe was but i told him there was no one to call her for me. He told me to wait for a while and he quickly went back to the dormitory. Within 5 minutes my friend was back with a very small bottle containing a substance in powder form. He put some on his left palm, mentioned my girlfriend's name and made some incantations (simple and short incantations). I was astonished when i saw my babe coming from afar. When she got to me I asked her who came to call her that i was waiting for her, she told me she was sleeping (honestly she looked sleepy) when she just jumped up and had a feeling that i may be waiting for her at the black market.

My friend these things are real. Even the bible never deny the existence of these powers but it only admonishes us never to be part of them for they are not of God. You may chose to believe or not to believe my stories but remember i never said they happened to someone i know but to my very self.

Utter Garbage,Infantile nonsense,Arrant Bullshit!

Mr Man, your stories sound more of a co-incidence than any meta-physical power or prowess. Your problem is that you've been watching too much of yoruba films,quit that for a while then maybe you might have a broader perspective of how life is. I'm going to punch holes in your stories concotions one by one.

For your first story: IMO,if your friends failed to promote to SS3,isn't it possible those guys didn't read, and prepare for the exam?.All the way from their JSS1, did they use the F%^&kin jazz?prolly Nah,yet they got promoted,didn't they?. Inspite of not using the jazz in their junior days,they were promoted.They might have failed their SS2 simply because they failed to prepare,while you got promoted because u studied hard. Ol'boy,its not the jazz working,k?

After Y'all's high school, the guys might have felt dissapointed with their SS2 failure and they prolly vowed never to fail again,so while they were preparing for JAMB studying hard, you guys were prolly partying.hence the boys got into Uni before the rest of you. What am saying is that the failure they went through in sec school might have spurned then to have a 2-1 while you guys were doing Faaji.

your Bullshit no (2) Your girlfriend waking up does not have effing nothing to do with 'em bloody powder your friend had. The girl might have woken up because her dorm was noisy,have you thought of that? She woke up,had nothing to do,felt like strolling outside and she saw you. Another scenario,she woke up and she was missing you and then decided to come outside to the black market simply because that's you guys meeting point.Sheer coincidence,so gbo?

Look,when i dey Uni in Naija, we had a place called love zone,just like your blackmarket description. I didn't have to call some certain girls,i knew they would be there at a certain point in time.All i did was just to stroll there, lo and behold the girls are there as i expected.

Honestly, if you had brought a solid arguement to back up this your magun story up, i might not have replied you,but with this Incoherent nonsense you just posted,then you just shot yourself in the leg. Aiight?

Magun or no Magun,it's debasing to sleep with someone's wife!

U Roger that?
Re: Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? by xopher: 11:25am On Feb 02, 2007
@ richylaw

Please get real.
If you believe donnymikky's Fable and Fairy Tales then you may believe that Rev King is God.
If Aluwo is real then We will have many World Boxing Champs.
If Kananko is real then We will have many Marathon and Cross-Country Champs.
If Afodiye is real then We will have the World record Holder in High/Long/Tripple Jumps and Olympic/World Champs in Jumps.

@ rikkyjen

Thanks for the responce to donnymikky's Fable and Fairy Tales.

Check out

Nigeria wife-swapping sect raided

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/3538454.stm

" The sect, which is reported to have thousands of followers, had incensed other local Muslim groups by calling their base the Kabah - after Islam's holiest site in the Saudi Arabian town of Mecca.

They walked around the courtyard of their base, as Muslims do on the pilgrimage to Mecca.

Their motto is: "Love your neighbour as yourself, share your wives with your neighbour."  "

Wife swapping is part of the culture  of the Maasai of Kenya and is common in the West as Swinging.

The  fear of AIDS is the beginning of Sexual Wisdom though.
Re: Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? by busygirl(f): 5:01am On Mar 31, 2007
Anyways who cares if u don't believe---IT'S YOUR LIFE! SHIO shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? by Yimsfred(m): 1:31am On Apr 19, 2007
Wow! This lil debate is still on. I however think those who are kidding Magun to be a Myth should have been fed up with jokes by now.

MAGUN is damn real.
Re: Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Apr 21, 2007
In future, magun will be in e-format, available as private software. You would be able to download e-magun 1.0 beta version.
And load it into a private receiver/chip embedded in ur wifes wedding ring. Then the fireworks would start.
If the motion sensor detector in the chip detects an increase in mass caused by another man humping your wife, then the ring would
fire a burst of electricity which would either stop the mans heart, or cause his penis muscles to contract, thereby "gluing"
the man and woman together.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I soooooo love my imagination!!!!!
Re: Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? by Mamajama(m): 3:26am On Apr 22, 2007
http://www.nigeriamasterweb.com/paperfrmes.html
Here is your answer

An adulterous police officer got more than what he bargained on Tuesday, when he could no longer disengage from the body of the wife of his junior officer after a noon sex rump at a hotel in Masaka, Nasarawa State.

The lover boy [names withheld], attached to the Police Mobile Force [PMF], was alleged to have been engaged in an illicit affair with the wife of a conventional policeman attached to the New Nyanya Police Station under the Nasarawa State Command until the burble burst on the ill-fated day.

It was indeed a grotesque but curious sight for residents of Mararaba, New Nyanya and Masaka in the outskirts of Abuja, as the lover-birds who remain glued to themselves after a bout of sex, were pulled out of their love nest stark naked, and moved to the New Nyanya police station on a wheel-barrow.

However, at the New Nyanya Police Station where the husband to the woman is serving, the police rejected the victims on the grounds that since the incident occurred within the jurisdiction of the Masaka Division, the case should be taken to the appropriate station.

Jeered and booed by a large crowd which had formed, the duo who were groaning in pains, were again taken on the wheel-barrow to the Masaka Police Station where a wrapper was provided to covered their nudity as they were moved into a room and locked up. Police at Masaka had a hectic task dispersing the large crowd of persons who had converged to watch the show of shame.

In fact, the crowd surged despite several gunshots fired into the air, until mobile policemen used teargas to disperse them. Eye-witnesses recounted that when the police at Masaka called the lady’s husband who is suspected to have laced the wife with a traditional ant-adultery spell (popularly called Magun) for her alleged involvement in extra-marital affairs, the husband refused to heed the call as he claimed to be in far away Jos, Plateau state.

The couple, names withheld, both hail from the Idoma area of Benue state. With the hubby refusing to show up till about 8.pm on Tuesday to “demobilize” the spell, the police reportedly took the victims to an undisclosed hospital where they were administered with drip to prevent their possible death from exhaustion and hunger. As at the time of filing this report, the whereabouts of the lover-birds could not be ascertained. It could also not be confirmed if the angry husband had agreed to neutralize the spell and free the victims, although police sources said he was sighted in Abuja Wednesday.
But a dependable source close to the couple who pleaded anonymity told Sunday Sun that the husband’s action came after several warnings and complaints to the lady’s family over her amorous affairs outside the matrimonial home.

Said he: “The truth is that the man had repeatedly complained about the woman’s flirtation with other men to her family, but they said it was not true. So, the man simply laced the woman with a spell that has exposed her rot”.
He posited that it was possible the husband didn’t travel anywhere on the day of the incident, but may have stayed away from his duty post and neighbourhood to watch the outcome after casting the spell on his wife. Although police spokesman, Haz Iwendi, confirmed knowledge of “a case of lovers who could not disengage after copulation” on Tuesday, he, however, said he was yet to ascertain the identities of the victims.

“I’ve heard of it, but I didn’t know if policemen are involved. I can only comment when I get the full details”, he told Sunday Sun Thursday. Contacted, the Nasarawa State Police commissioner, Mr. Emmanuel Adebayo, also said he had not been briefed by the DPO of Masaka Station, promising to comment when he is abreast of the details.
In the meantime, mum is the word at the New Nyanya and Masaka Police Stations as officers were keeping sealed lips on the incident at the weekend.
Re: Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? by nossycheek(f): 2:50pm On Apr 26, 2007
from Akobo

magun is in existance oooo my names are funke bolaji i recide in jos plateau state. my husband is not good in bed at all, and been a girl that ive tested several guys before i needed some one to help me out about three guys that ive met with have all have the same experience so please believe it. because it real i mean it it real am a victim of it how i wish i can come out and give u my address so that u can meet me one on one we could have prove it by u sleeping with me and c wot the result will be like. please be careful with wot u do and believe in it

Your profile says you are a male, how come you have a husband?
Just inquisitive
Re: Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? by VC2007(m): 4:32pm On Aug 25, 2007
All randy/raunchy men beware, magun is real
Re: Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? by Seun(m): 9:35pm On Aug 25, 2007
Story story, story. Once upon a time, time time. Was the above case was properly documented by a doctor?
Re: Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? by pterygott(f): 2:48pm On Aug 27, 2007
its all bullshit. it is only a proven medical condition where a couple having sex could become stuck together for a period of time. Africans just wana mystify anything they dont understand
Re: Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Aug 27, 2007
Re: Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? by Bosdem(f): 2:40pm On Sep 20, 2007
Reality o!
Re: Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? by saucekid(m): 5:26pm On Oct 19, 2007
for those who dont believe it exist, oneday, develop a sudden lust for ur neighbor's wife and continue the unholy alliance cheesy cheesy, a t'orun ni wa ti gba pe, magun n sise
Re: Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? by presido1: 10:14am On Oct 21, 2007
Mustay:

click on the link on the 1st post
Thanks guy for the link, i kan understand what magun is now.
If babalawo can make concosion to kill person the magun of a thing will be as easy as ABC for him. Although i have not seen b4 and have not heard of it except in NL.
Bt why shpuld men be behaving like animals, cant they find unmarried gyls/ladies. If somebody die of magun or whatever he dont deserve to be burried, if he is my relative am not gonna go for the burrial.
Re: Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? by bioye(m): 7:45pm On Oct 21, 2007
According to this link, the late former head of state (the General) was a victim.
Re: Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? by MRD1(m): 10:18pm On Feb 26, 2009
;DAfrica!
Re: Thunder Bolt (Magun): Myth Or Reality? by mccloud224(m): 4:18am On Dec 17, 2009
If this thunder bolt (magun) thing was real, then all the hotels in 9ja las gidi would have collapsed from lightening strikes coz most times, na person wife dem dey yansh for those places.Most people who patronize hotels are married couples or at least one is married and they need anonymity.

East African Hairstyles / Brief History And Culture Of Babur/ Bura People. / The Asagba Of Asaba, Professor Chike Edozien, Is Dead

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75