Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,676 members, 7,865,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 01:24 AM

P R A Y I N G - A M I S S - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / P R A Y I N G - A M I S S (529 Views)

Jesusjnr Is Now An A.T.H.E.I.S.T!!! / Apostle S.S. Aderibigbe 2019 Prophecies: '1 Governor, 4 Senators Will Die’ / Apostle S.S. Aderibigbe 2018 Prophecies: “3 Senators Will Die This Year!” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

P R A Y I N G - A M I S S by FreshGreen: 6:03am On Dec 11, 2016
P R A Y I N G - A M I S S
Praying amiss or praying wrongly is misplacing priorities or order of precedence in prayer. When we are praying but fail to follow the order of precedence or we misplace priorities of prayer, it means we are praying amiss. A Christian can be praying day and night, praying and fasting and yet always fall back into sin; because he fails to pray it right. In the Bible, Jesus Christ gave us prototype, example of general order of prayer; it is called Our Lord’s Prayer. This prayer lays priorities and precedence of prayer orderly.

Matthew 6:8, “Therefore do not be like them. For your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask Him. 9 In this manner, therefore, pray:
Our Father in heaven,
Hallowed be Your name.
10 Your kingdom come.
Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts,
As we forgive our debtors.
13 And do not lead us into temptation,
But deliver us from the evil one.
For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen

(1) Praise and Worship – A right prayer begins with praising God that answers prayers.

(2) Preparation for the Kingdom of God and doing the will of God. The precedence of a right prayer is praying on one’s spiritual life as the first request – praying for God’s searching and sanctification, praying for God’s grace to overcome temptation and sinful habits, praying for the strength of Holy Spirit to resist Satan, to be watchful and do the will of God on earth.

After you have been saved and come into the kingdom of God, your prayer must center on God’s grace and strength to remain in the kingdom of God and to do God’s will every day. Your first prayer points and priority should center on your spiritual life – praying for God’s cleansing, to continuously sanctify you, strengthens you and sustain you. Christians who put their physical, financial or material needs first before their spiritual lives in their prayers suffer spiritual setbacks and become too weak to resist sinful habits. If you are determined to be prayerful, then you need to be watchful on your spiritual life in prayer with how and what you pray about. 1 Peter 4:7, “But the end of all things is at hand; therefore be serious and watchful in your prayers.”

Many Christians pray, many churches organize different prayer meetings and prayer programs, but they pray amiss because their priorities and focus are not on God’s kingdom and living in holiness and righteousness to please God. They center their priorities and prayer points on physical needs, miracles, deliverance and financial prosperity and breakthrough. Such Christians will easily fall back to old sinful habits and persistent temptations because their spiritual lives are not their priorities in their prayers.

This message is from Revelation of Truth Evangelical Ministries
Subscribe for daily Christian articles at rtemoutreach.org
Email: rtemoutreaches@yahoo.com
Telephone: (+234) (0)803 924 9751, (0)802 578 7942.

1 Like

Re: P R A Y I N G - A M I S S by psucc(m): 6:40am On Dec 11, 2016
Truly we pray amiss. Asking and praying for mundane things. May God help us.

(1) (Reply)

Biblical Truth About Smoking / Who Is Olutanmole / What Has Kept Our Marriage For 13 Years -apostle & Reverend Lizzy Johnson Sulema

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.