Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,565 members, 7,816,380 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

Chimp Attack Victim On Oprah Show - Entertainment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Chimp Attack Victim On Oprah Show (5805 Views)

Photos: Nigerian Acid Attack Victim Naomi Oni Attacked In England Has Eyebrows / When Oprah Made A Surprise Appearance On Ellen's Show. / After 25 Years, 'Queen Of Talk Shows' Oprah Winfrey Bows Out: Your Opinions Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chimp Attack Victim On Oprah Show by nellaluv(f): 8:21am On Nov 13, 2009
55 year old Charla Nash was viciously attacked by her friend Sandra Herold's pet chimp Travis. Travis had been living with Sandra as a pet. She treated the chimp like a child. The attack happened when Sandra called Charla to help with Travis, but when Charla arrived at Sandra's house that night, Travis turned on her. The animal broke most of the bones in her face and ripped off her hands, nose, lips and eyelids during the vicious assault in Stamford, Connecticut. Doctors removed her eyes due to an infection, and only recently did she learn she'll no longer be able to see. A large part of her scalp is missing, she only has one thumb and is fed fluids through a straw in a hole in her face specially created by doctors. Charla marked her 56 th birthday by speaking about the incident for the first time, by appearing on The Oprah Winfrey Show yesterday Wednesday 11th 2009. She normally wears a veil in front of her face to cover her injuries but agreed to lift it on the programme. "People are going to say what they're going to say," she said. "I need to move forward and get better and stronger." She added: "I'm the one who has to look like this. Not them. So it doesn't matter what they say."
The police shot Travis dead after the attack on Charla. Charla is suing Sandra for $50million over the chimp attack.
What a tragic thing to happen to her. May God give her the strength she needs to cope with this.
Now brace yourself . . .

Re: Chimp Attack Victim On Oprah Show by nellaluv(f): 8:24am On Nov 13, 2009
Another good reason not to keep pets of any kind, no matter how small or cute lipsrsealed
Re: Chimp Attack Victim On Oprah Show by SEFAGO(m): 8:26am On Nov 13, 2009
why is this in the politics section? this should be in the silly litigation section
Re: Chimp Attack Victim On Oprah Show by NYWM1(m): 8:30am On Nov 13, 2009
nellaluv:

55  year old Charla Nash was  viciously attacked by her friend Sandra Herold's  pet chimp Travis. Travis had been living with  Sandra as a pet. She treated the chimp like a  child. The attack happened when Sandra called  Charla to help with Travis, but when Charla  arrived at Sandra's house that night, Travis  turned on her.  The animal broke most of the bones in her face  and ripped off her hands, nose, lips and eyelids  during the vicious assault in Stamford,  Connecticut. Doctors removed her eyes due to an infection, and only recently did she learn she'll  no longer be able to see. A large part of her scalp is missing, she only has  one thumb and is fed fluids through a straw in a  hole in her face specially created by doctors. Charla marked her 56 th birthday by speaking  about the incident for the first time, by  appearing on The Oprah Winfrey Show  yesterday Wednesday 11th 2009. She normally wears a veil in front of her face to cover her injuries but  agreed to lift it on the programme. "People are going to say what they're going to  say," she said. "I need to move forward and get  better and stronger." She added: "I'm the one  who has to look like this. Not them. So it doesn't  matter what they say."
The police shot Travis dead after the attack on  Charla. Charla is suing Sandra for $50million over the chimp  attack.
What a tragic thing to happen to her. May God  give her the strength she needs to cope with  this.
Now brace yourself . . .
Until that awful incident, I had no idea how viciously violent and savage chimps could be. Since then, I don't look at chimps the same way. I have resisted seeing a picture of her until now. That is one of the most horrific that I have ever seen. God help her.   sad
Re: Chimp Attack Victim On Oprah Show by Nobody: 8:39am On Nov 13, 2009
Stupid thread,wrong section
Re: Chimp Attack Victim On Oprah Show by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 13, 2009
Yaaaaaayyyyyyyy!!!! shocked shocked

SEFAGO:

why is this in the politics section? this should be in the silly litigation section
You're now female? rotfl shocked shocked shocked
Well, I saw it coming sha
Re: Chimp Attack Victim On Oprah Show by AngieFan(f): 8:47am On Nov 13, 2009
God had a reason for keeping her alive after such a vicious attack. There sheer bravery of this woman is mind blowing; look how strong she is and ready to forge ahead despite literally not having a face and no sight. This story makes me see that the trials that I go through in life are just small fry compared to this lady and yet she still carries on. I hope continues to giver her strength and God bless her.
Re: Chimp Attack Victim On Oprah Show by Nobody: 1:59pm On Nov 13, 2009
its a miracle she survived, and I feel for her family and friends because it may actually be harder on them, than her.

How does one cope with this?

she's a very brave woman.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chimp Attack Victim On Oprah Show by honeric01(m): 2:13pm On Nov 13, 2009
God, what is this? what is left to enjoy here on earth?
Re: Chimp Attack Victim On Oprah Show by DeepSoul(f): 12:09am On Nov 14, 2009
Wow. The fact that she's alive is mind-blowing. Her pain will serve a greater purpose. . .
Re: Chimp Attack Victim On Oprah Show by mikesleek(m): 9:39am On Nov 14, 2009
Deep Soul:

Wow. The fact that she's alive is mind-blowing. Her pain will serve a greater purpose. . .

like?
Re: Chimp Attack Victim On Oprah Show by honeric01(m): 10:08am On Nov 14, 2009
Deep Soul:

What is the purpose to serve?
Re: Chimp Attack Victim On Oprah Show by girl22(f): 2:08am On Nov 15, 2009
honeric01:

What is the purpose to serve?

to teach people not to keep wild animals as pets. and to pay attention to red flags.
the chimpanzee jumped on her back and pulled some of her out before and she still went over there to help bring the chimpanzee in the house. the chimpanzee was already aggressive and anxious and they kept shooting the monkey up with valium.
Re: Chimp Attack Victim On Oprah Show by MrCrackles(m): 6:49pm On Nov 15, 2009
Why is this thread in this section
Re: Chimp Attack Victim On Oprah Show by U1(m): 9:52am On Nov 18, 2009
This is a gory sight, really feel sorry for her. May God give her the strength to bear it.
Re: Chimp Attack Victim On Oprah Show by maedan(f): 7:59pm On Nov 20, 2009
The press have wanted 2pay her a lot of money 2 show her face 4 a long time, but at last she did it on Oprah's show. No amount of money in d world can replace wot she's lost.
Re: Chimp Attack Victim On Oprah Show by Natasha2(f): 11:58pm On Jun 01, 2011
cry
Re: Chimp Attack Victim On Oprah Show by Gbenge77(m): 1:58pm On Jun 21, 2011
Why would anyone keep a chimp as a pet?
Re: Chimp Attack Victim On Oprah Show by phuckNL: 8:02am On Jul 17, 2011
^^^^^^^
Why would anyone one keep any animal as a pet.
Dogs, Birds, Cats etc do not like humans as we are made to believe. No animal likes to be in JAIL/Cages. It's mere slavery to the animals. Dogs act nice to humans cos they have no choice. No animal wants to be a slave. If they had there opportunity, they'd be free from humans. No animal should be kept as a pet period. They don't love you, they only pretend because you are their master/meal plan
Re: Chimp Attack Victim On Oprah Show by Mobinga: 12:20pm On Jul 21, 2011
phuck_NL:

^^^^^^^
Why would anyone one keep any animal as a pet.
Dogs, Birds, Cats etc do not like humans as we are made to believe. No animal likes to be in JAIL/Cages. It's mere slavery to the animals. Dogs act nice to humans cos they have no choice. No animal wants to be a slave. If they had there opportunity, they'd be free from humans. No animal should be kept as a pet period. They don't love you, they only pretend because you are their master/meal plan

WTF?! Silly linear thinking.

(1) (Reply)

#believeitornot: This Gentle Indian Giant Is Only 5-years-old (PHOTO) / Unclad Ambition: 21 Year Old Singer, Margaret Shoots All Unclad Party Video / Meet The Guy Who Imitates All The International Female Stars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.