Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

I ‘absolutely’ Suffered Racism In Office – Obama - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / I ‘absolutely’ Suffered Racism In Office – Obama (1969 Views)

Whites Kneel Before Blacks To Beg For Forgiveness For Years Of Racism In Houston / President Yoweri Museveni Doing Push-up And Jogging In Office (Video) / Cipriano Cassamá Resigns As President Of Guinea Bissau After One Day In Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I ‘absolutely’ Suffered Racism In Office – Obama by TheHerald: 7:45am On Dec 11, 2016
Outgoing U.S. President Barack Obama has disclosed that he ‘absolutely’ suffered racism in office, adding Americans’ ‘primary concern about me has been that I seem foreign’.

“The concept of race in America is not just genetic, otherwise the one-drop rule wouldn’t have made sense”.
“It’s cultural. It’s this notion of a people who look different than the mainstream, suffering terrible oppression.

“But somehow being able to make out of that a music and a language and a faith and a patriotism,” Obama said, in a special looking back on his legacy with CNN’s Fareed Zakaria.

“I think there’s a reason why attitudes about my presidency among whites in Northern states are very different from whites in Southern states.

“Are there folks whose primary concern about me has been that I seem foreign, the other? Are those who champion the ‘birther’ movement feeding off of bias? Absolutely.”

Obama said the colour of his skin had ‘absolutely’ contributed to white Americans’ negative perceptions of his time in office.

The president said: “I think there’s a reason why attitudes about my presidency among whites in Northern states are very different from whites in Southern states”.

Obama told Zakaria in the special interview on his legacy that was taped in September that he did not mind being defined as the nation’s first black president.

According to Zakaria, Obama was raised by ‘three white people’: his mother, Ann Dunham, and his grandparents, Stanley and Madelyn Dunham.

“And an Indonesian, you can throw in there”, Obama added, making reference to his stepfather, Lolo Soetoro.

David Axelrod, a senior adviser to Obama at the White House who now runs the Chicago Institute of Politics, concurred.

“It’s indisputable that there was a ferocity to the opposition and a lack of respect to him that was a function of race,” Axelrod said.

According to him, at least one powerful Republican was personally disrespectful to Obama.

“He (the Republican)said to him (Obama), ‘we don’t really think you should be here but the American people thought otherwise. So we’re going to have to work with you,” Axelrod said.

President-elect Donald Trump, promoted birther arguments, encouraging hackers to look into Obama’s place of birth in 2014.

Trump said in an August 2012 tweet: “An “extremely credible source” has called my office and told me that @BarackObama’s birth certificate is a fraud”.

The Republican, however, said recently that he no longer believed that Obama was born in Kenya.

“President Barack Obama was born in the United States, period. Now, we all want to get back to making America strong and great again,” Trump said.

He, however, made no apology for his previous statements and claimed that Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign began the birther movement in 2008.

Clinton’s campaign accused Trump of having connections to white nationalists and that he needs to ‘own up to it.’

Obama took Trump’s about-face in stride, joking at a September Congressional Black Caucus Gala, saying “If there’s an extra spring in my step tonight, it’s because I am so relieved that the whole birther thing is over”. (DailyMail/NAN)

Read more at http://www.herald.ng/absolutely-suffered-racism-office-obama/#76v1lCFfLY9eYd8i.99

1 Like

Re: I ‘absolutely’ Suffered Racism In Office – Obama by Nobody: 7:49am On Dec 11, 2016
Obama should go and sit down.

Every race is a racist one way or d other.
Black also display some natural racism against white in black dominated areas.

Even here in Nigeria, tribalism is a form of racism.

Yoruba see themselves as superior. Igbo see every other tribe as inferior and foolish. Fulani see themselves as special species in a coutry where every other tribe is inferior.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I ‘absolutely’ Suffered Racism In Office – Obama by Sunnymatey(m): 7:52am On Dec 11, 2016
ok
Re: I ‘absolutely’ Suffered Racism In Office – Obama by Day11(m): 7:55am On Dec 11, 2016
tuale4u:
Obama should go and sit down.

Every race is a racist one way or d other.
Black also display some natural racism against white in black dominated areas.

Even here in Nigeria, tribalism is a form of racism.

Yoruba see themselves as superior. Igbo see every other tribe as inferior and foolish. Fulani see themselves as special species in a coutry where every other tribe is inferior.

It's real Brother

5 Likes

Re: I ‘absolutely’ Suffered Racism In Office – Obama by FreeGlobe(f): 7:59am On Dec 11, 2016
Obama disappointed the black race

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I ‘absolutely’ Suffered Racism In Office – Obama by Stalwert: 8:02am On Dec 11, 2016
Smelly white supremacists being supported by ipob fools

3 Likes

Re: I ‘absolutely’ Suffered Racism In Office – Obama by Sleekydee(m): 8:07am On Dec 11, 2016
Racist everywhere..

1 Like

Re: I ‘absolutely’ Suffered Racism In Office – Obama by ShootToKill: 8:09am On Dec 11, 2016
Husseine Obama should go to hell. Nobody gives a somersaulting fuckkk, if the colour of your skin had an effect on the perception of people about your presidency.

You support tyrants especially the muslim and look the other way when they kill people. It's still a wonder how you managed to get a second term in office.

Just get out and let Trump clean your mess and put your terrorist muslim brothers where they belong.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I ‘absolutely’ Suffered Racism In Office – Obama by ZKOSOSO(m): 8:13am On Dec 11, 2016
Me think Racism is very biblical and as old as time...!!

Even in my small community our parents could tell us who and who are true 'sons of the soil' while the rest are settlers, tribal war captives of olden days and slaves.....and so cannot be Royalty....

I just believe God put racism as our subconscious identity....
Re: I ‘absolutely’ Suffered Racism In Office – Obama by BALLOSKI: 8:24am On Dec 11, 2016
Eyaaaa ....It's a pity.

The idiot that signed same-sex marriage into law to please his white masters was still battling with racism from the inside.

He can't be remembered for anything in Africa.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I ‘absolutely’ Suffered Racism In Office – Obama by BALLOSKI: 8:31am On Dec 11, 2016
FreeGlobe:
He watched them being killed in America and did nothing to help.

Black people expected too much from him and I think that's why there's a disappointment.

1 Like

Re: I ‘absolutely’ Suffered Racism In Office – Obama by BALLOSKI: 8:32am On Dec 11, 2016
Obama told Zakaria in the special interview on his legacy that was taped in September that he did not mind being defined as the nation’s first black president.

what should you have been addressed as? Halfcast president?
Re: I ‘absolutely’ Suffered Racism In Office – Obama by Nobody: 8:42am On Dec 11, 2016
God, just make me President of The United States and let the while world become racist to me.

As if I care.

No.1 man in the world complaining of some minor things like this

Mtchewwwww
Re: I ‘absolutely’ Suffered Racism In Office – Obama by Nobody: 8:59am On Dec 11, 2016
FreeGlobe:
His only enduring legacy was…that he was the first Black president. grin

3 Likes

Re: I ‘absolutely’ Suffered Racism In Office – Obama by Howmon: 9:23am On Dec 11, 2016
FreeGlobe:

How did He disappoint the black race?

2 Likes

Re: I ‘absolutely’ Suffered Racism In Office – Obama by ShootToKill: 9:37am On Dec 11, 2016
When Huseeine the idioot hands over to Trump and becomes irrelevant, he will then remember to visit his killer friend Bubuhari in zoogeria. Then the muslim zombies will try to add that as an achievement on the dullard's scorecard. grin

1 Like

Re: I ‘absolutely’ Suffered Racism In Office – Obama by idupaul: 3:38pm On Dec 11, 2016
is that why he was funding terrorist? Truth be told Obama is the most divisive US president in history.

2 Likes

Re: I ‘absolutely’ Suffered Racism In Office – Obama by Nobody: 4:46pm On Dec 11, 2016
ZKOSOSO:
Me think Racism is very biblical and as old as time...!!

Even in my small community our parents could tell us who and who are true 'sons of the soil' while the rest are settlers, tribal war captives of olden days and slaves.....and so cannot be Royalty....

I just believe God put racism as our subconscious identity....

Speak for yourself!
Re: I ‘absolutely’ Suffered Racism In Office – Obama by JoeBlocks(m): 4:55pm On Dec 11, 2016
Mindfulness:

Speak for yourself!

You want to speak for 'yourself?' I'm sure you know racism isn't dead?
Re: I ‘absolutely’ Suffered Racism In Office – Obama by Nobody: 5:20pm On Dec 11, 2016
JoeBlocks:
You want to speak for 'yourself?' I'm sure you know racism isn't dead?

I have spoken for myself.
Re: I ‘absolutely’ Suffered Racism In Office – Obama by JoeBlocks(m): 5:24pm On Dec 11, 2016
Mindfulness:

I have spoken for myself.
And that is?
Re: I ‘absolutely’ Suffered Racism In Office – Obama by Nobody: 6:05pm On Dec 11, 2016
JoeBlocks:
And that is?

Racism is definitely not part of my 'subconscious identity'.

Clear enough now? cheesy
Re: I ‘absolutely’ Suffered Racism In Office – Obama by JoeBlocks(m): 6:18pm On Dec 11, 2016
Mindfulness:

Racism is definitely not part of my 'subconscious identity'.
Clear enough now? cheesy
Crystal.

I'm curious to know if you've experienced it before, or now?.
Re: I ‘absolutely’ Suffered Racism In Office – Obama by Nobody: 6:26pm On Dec 11, 2016
JoeBlocks:
Crystal.

I'm curious to know if you've experienced it before, or now?.

What has it got to do with my subconscious identity?
Re: I ‘absolutely’ Suffered Racism In Office – Obama by JoeBlocks(m): 6:28pm On Dec 11, 2016
Mindfulness:

What has it got to do with my subconscious identity?
Nothing really. Just being curious about your conscious identity.

Your subconscious and unconscious identity is what I don't really read, just your conscious, and it piques my curiosity. smiley
Re: I ‘absolutely’ Suffered Racism In Office – Obama by NairaMinted: 7:50pm On Dec 11, 2016
Obama should please STFU! Another black fella seeking affirmation from the white man when we have almost nothing going for ourselves and are also racist on our own right.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I ‘absolutely’ Suffered Racism In Office – Obama by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 12, 2016
BALLOSKI:
He watched them being killed in America and did nothing to help.

Black people expected too much from him and I think that's why there's a disappointment.

You're absolutely correct. When the bastard won the election in 2008, the Black Amerikans were so optimistic that even the musicians were releasing songs in celebration of his victory, amongst which are:

10.) Keep Moving Forward - Stevie Wonder; 9.) Black President - Nas; 8.)Letter To Obama - Joell ortiz feat. Dante Hawkins; 7.) Why (Remix) - Jadakiss feat. Common, Styles P & Nas; 6.) Kidz In The Hall - Talib Kweli and Bun B; 5.) Yes, We Can - Will.I.Am; 4.) Changes - Common; 3.) Jockin' Jay Z - Jay Z; 2.) Bring It Home - Mariah Carey.

But the best of all the songs dedicated to that Kenya Bastard is none other than: grin

1.) My President - Young Jeezy feat. Nas

[Intro: Young Jeezy]

Yeah, be the realest shit I never wrote

I ain't write this by the way, nigga
Some real shit right here, nigga

This'll be the realest shit you ever quote; let's go!

[Hook: Young Jeezy]

My president is black, my Lambo's blue

And I'll be goddamned if my rims ain't too

My mama ain't at home, and daddy's still in jail

Trying to make a plate, anybody seen the scale?

My president is black, my Lambo's blue

And I'll be goddamned if my rims ain't too

My money's light green and my Jordans light grey

And they love to see white, Now how much you trying to pay? Let's go!

[Verse 1: Young Jeezy]

Today was a good day, hope I have me a great night

I don't know what you fishin' for, catch you a great white

Me, I see great white, heavy as killer whales

I cannot believe this: who knew it came in bales?

Who knew what came with jail?

Who knew what came with prison?

Just cause you got opinions, does that make you a politician?

Bush robbed all of us, would that make him a criminal?

And then he cheated in Florida
Would that make him a Seminole?

I say and I quote, "We need a miracle"

And I say a miracle cause this shit is hysterical

By my nephews and nieces, I will email Jesus grin

Tell him forward to Moses and CC Allah
grin

Mr. Soul Survivor, guess that make me a Konvict

Be all you can be, now don't that sound like some dumb shit?

When you die over crude oil as black as my nigga Bu

It's really a Desert Storm, that's word to my nigga Clue

Catch me in Las Vegas, A.R. Arizona

Rep for them real niggas, I'm winnin' in California

Winnin' in Tennessee, hands down Atlanta

Landslide Alabama, on my way to Savannah

[Hook]

[Verse 2: Young Jeezy]

I said I woke up this morning, headache this big

Pay all these damn bills, feed all these damn kids

Buy all these school shoes, buy all these school clothes

For some strange reason my son addicted to Polo's

Love me some spinach dip, I'm addicted to Houston's

And if the numbers is right I'll take a trip out to Houston

An earthquake out in China, a hurricane in New Orleans

Street Dreams Tour, I showed my ass in New Orleans

Did it for Soulja Slim, brought out B.G

It's all love, Bun, I'm forgiving you, love-vendor C

You know how the love-vendor be, that nigga gon' speak his mind

If he could speak down from Heaven, He'd tell me "stay on my grind"

Tell him: "I'm doing fine". Obama for mankind

We ready for damn change so y'all let the man shine

Stuntin' on Martin Luther, feeling just like a king

Guess this is what he meant when he said that he had a dream

[Hook]

[Verse 3: Nas]

Yeah, our history, black history
No president ever did shit for me

Had to hit the streets, had to flip some keys

So a nigga won't go broke

Then they put us in jail, now a nigga can't go vote

So I spend dough on these hoes strippin'

She ain't a politician, honey's a pole-o-tician

My president is black, Rose golden charms

22-inch rims like Hulk Hogan's arms

When thousands of peoples is riled up to see you

That can arouse your ego. We've got mouths to feed, so

Gotta stay true to who you are and where you came from

Cause at the top will be the same place you hang from

No matter how big you can ever be
For whatever fee or publicity, never lose your integrity

For years there's been some prize horses in this stable

Just two albums in, I'm the realest nigga on this label

Mr. Black President, yo, Obama for real

They gotta put your face on the 5000 dollar bill

[Hook]

[Outro: Young Jeezy]

So I’m sittin right here now, man
It’s June 3rd, haha, 2:08 AM

Nigga, I wanna say win, lose or draw

Man, we congratulate you already, homie

See I motivate the thugs, right?

You motivate us, homie, that’s what it is

This a hands off policy, y'all touch him we ridin', nigga

Yeah, first black president, win, lose or draw, nigga

Haha, matter of fact, you know what it is, man

Shouts out to Jackie Robinson, Booker T. Washington, homie

Oh you ain’t think I knew that shit?

Sydney Poitier, what they do?

I’m important too though

I was the first nigga to ride through my hood in a Lamborghini

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9sABRosdNg

1 Like

Re: I ‘absolutely’ Suffered Racism In Office – Obama by ichommy(m): 4:19pm On Dec 12, 2016

(1) (Reply)

51 Killed And 322 Injured As Military Goes On The Offensive In Egypt / African Dictators 2018: List Of African Dictators Still In Power / 50 Dead, 1,300 Missing: Aftermath Of Hurricane Dorian In The Bahamas(Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.