Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,863 members, 7,821,011 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

'I Am Already Gone' - Has Jonathan Buried 2019 Ambition? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'I Am Already Gone' - Has Jonathan Buried 2019 Ambition? (466 Views)

Ibrahim Shekarau Declares 2019 Presidential Ambition / Kassim Mohammad Sues Buhari For Failing To Declare His Presidential Ambition / 2019: Bury Your Presidential Ambition - Niger-Delta Youths Tell Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

'I Am Already Gone' - Has Jonathan Buried 2019 Ambition? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Dec 11, 2016
As former president Goodluck Jonathan celebrates his birthday, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on Sunday, November 20, called him an icon and added that Nigerians earnestly yearned for his return to government.

Goodluck Jonathan's birthday celebration
Goodluck Jonathan who is 59 on November 20, was defeated by Nigeria's current president Muhammadu Buhari of the All Progressives Congress (APC) during the 2015 election described as one of the most tension-soaked in the country.

In a statement to celebrate him, the PDP, through its chairman, Senator Ahmed Mohammed Makarfi, said: "At 59, your legacies and achievements in academia, politics, governance and social life remains indelible and worthy of emulation by well-meaning people.

"You are a shining light during and after office as one of the Heads of State in Nigeria and Africa in general who willingly conceded power to the opposition in the interest of peace and democracy."

Ever since he stepped down from power, there have always been discussions around if, he will be contesting for the presidential seat again, come 2019.

However, we might as well bury such hopes and thoughts. While celebrating his birthday at his residence in Abuja, today, the former president had Femi Fani-Kayode, Timi Dakolo, Deji Adeyanju, Jonathan’s cousin Robert Azibaola, among others present.

As many kept on praising him, Goodluck Jonathan said: "For a nation to grow we have to plan for our grandchildren. You can't plan for me, I'm already gone. You can't plan for the old, you can only manage them. So, we must plan for our children and grandchildren."

Meanwhile, Femi Fani-Kayode also made a statement congratulating Jonathan, in which he said:

"Happy 59th birthday to President Goodluck Jonathan, a man of honor and peace and one that has brought so much joy and hope to millions.

"You have proved to the world that African leaders can be competent, kind, gentle, humane and selfless. You have everything to be proud of and much still lies ahead for you in the affairs of our nation."
https://politics.naij.com/1055663-cant-plan-already-gone-jonathan-buries-2019-ambition.html

(1) (Reply)

Onitsha South Says No Vacancy In Government House (photos) / Osun Offers Free Train Service For Xmas, New Year Celebration / Presidency Refutes Reports On Buhari Making Full Appointments In January 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.