Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,620 members, 7,816,557 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

Ibrahim Shekarau Declares 2019 Presidential Ambition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibrahim Shekarau Declares 2019 Presidential Ambition (23707 Views)

Fire Guts Ibrahim Shekarau's House In Kano State. Photos / Kwankwaso Visits Ibrahim Shekarau In Abuja (Photos) / Sheikh Jafar's Assassination Files By Ibrahim Shekarau Found In Goje's House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibrahim Shekarau Declares 2019 Presidential Ambition by itsdumebi(m): 9:05am On Apr 30, 2018
@POLITICSNGR

A former governor of Kano state, Ibrahim Shekarau has formally declared his intention to contest for the 2019 presidential elections.

Shekarau seeks to contest under the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

The former education minister pointed out that his decision was spurred by numerous clarion calls. He said;

"As you may be aware, for quite some time now, since, after the 2015 general elections, there have been various calls made by individuals and groups from many quarters, nationwide, urging my humble candidature for the contest of the presidency of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in the next general elections, due in 2019.

I strongly believe that the people are doing so out of their conviction of contentment and satisfaction based upon the modest successes recorded while I served as the Governor of Kano State (2003 to 2011), and also as a Minister of Education (July 2014 - May 2015).

In response to these calls, and in view of the seeming intricacies and the boundless complexities involved in such a national assignment, I have consulted across the geopolitical zones and different interest groups, who examined and appraised the issue and advised me accordingly.

I am pleased to say, based on these wide consultations, that I am better informed and convinced that participating in the democratic process of serving humanity goes beyond party affiliations/boundaries, and also beyond just winning an election.

I have therefore decided to accept the clarion calls, and will in due course and in accordance with the guidelines of my party, the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), offer my humble self for the contest of the presidency of the Federal Republic of Nigeria during the forthcoming 2019 general elections,"  he said.

https://politicsngr.com/breaking-former-kano-governor-shekarau-declares-2019-presidential-ambition/

2 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Declares 2019 Presidential Ambition by Mogidi: 9:08am On Apr 30, 2018
Ok

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Declares 2019 Presidential Ambition by adehsenior(m): 9:09am On Apr 30, 2018
All these political prostitutes, after all the insults on PDP before the 2015 election, Shekarau to contest under the platform of the PDP!!I yam not understanding grin grin shocked shocked

5 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Declares 2019 Presidential Ambition by Turantula(m): 9:46am On Apr 30, 2018
Shekaku for president? I don die. What is all these? Even the other one that looks like a hippo (markafi) wants to rule the zoo.
A caliphate should be carved out for these animals to rule their Almajiris

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Declares 2019 Presidential Ambition by Fmartin(m): 9:59am On Apr 30, 2018
hmm.... By june, everything will be clear

2 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Declares 2019 Presidential Ambition by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:01am On Apr 30, 2018
This man Atiku and Buhari have been contesting for years.Bubu was lucky so they(Atiku and shekarau)Feel it could be their turn.If he doesn't know what or how to use his money for better things instead of wasting money on nomination forms he should give people like me that need and know how to use Money wisely.Instead of investing in a futile exercise.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Declares 2019 Presidential Ambition by Nobody: 10:05am On Apr 30, 2018
Lmao I read that as Shekau grin

11 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Declares 2019 Presidential Ambition by fk001(m): 10:06am On Apr 30, 2018
Dead on Arrival

Sai Baba till 2023.

We won't vote in any pen robber

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Declares 2019 Presidential Ambition by Benjom(m): 10:24am On Apr 30, 2018
Time will tell what becomes of him.

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Declares 2019 Presidential Ambition by CarlosTheJackal: 10:30am On Apr 30, 2018
Who else remembers this man in 2011 debate and how he articulated Nigeria problems and giving the required solution.

i will support this man until Tonye comes along to sing his praise then I will step down because anyone Tonye supports always end up in failure

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Declares 2019 Presidential Ambition by SalamRushdie: 10:32am On Apr 30, 2018
Stupid Joker ..if any Jihadist thinks he can become Nigeria's leader again after this useless Buhari then that person is a joker

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Declares 2019 Presidential Ambition by enlady(f): 10:34am On Apr 30, 2018
I remember the 2011 presidential pre-election debates. He was brilliant. However I think he was mentioned in the Dasuki arms fund saga.
Apc will roast him if he emerges Pdp candidate

CarlosTheJackal:
Who else remembers this man in 2011 debate and how he articulated Nigeria problems and giving the required solution.

i will support this man until Tonye comes along to sing his praise then I will step down because anyone Tonye supports always end up in failure

6 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Declares 2019 Presidential Ambition by Bari22: 10:35am On Apr 30, 2018
Good man
Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Declares 2019 Presidential Ambition by CarlosTheJackal: 10:46am On Apr 30, 2018
enlady:
I remember the 2011 presidential pre-election debates. He was brilliant. However I think he was mentioned in the Dasuki arms fund saga.
Apc will roast him if he emerges Pdp candidate

APC cant roast anyone on corruption allegations because corruption is hanging like a sword of Damocles over their heads.

This election is not about corruption rather its about unity and making the economy to work

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Declares 2019 Presidential Ambition by CarlosTheJackal: 10:48am On Apr 30, 2018
SalamRushdie:
Stupid Joker ..if any Jihadist thinks he can become Nigeria's leader again after this useless Buhari then that person is a joker
Ibrahim Shekarau is just like Yaradua. He is miles ahead of buhari

23 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Declares 2019 Presidential Ambition by enlady(f): 10:50am On Apr 30, 2018
Hmmm... You don't understand what we are up against. The Apc is excellent at social manipulation and propaganda, it's almost as potent as witchcraft. Pdp needs to be careful

CarlosTheJackal:
APC cant roast anyone on corruption allegations because corruption is hanging like a sword of Damocles over their heads.

This election is not about corruption rather its about unity and making the economy to work

8 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Declares 2019 Presidential Ambition by SalamRushdie: 10:59am On Apr 30, 2018
CarlosTheJackal:
Ibrahim Shekarau is just like Yaradua. He is miles ahead of buhari

He introduced Sharia in Kano state

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Declares 2019 Presidential Ambition by CarlosTheJackal: 11:00am On Apr 30, 2018
enlady:
Hmmm... You don't understand what we are up against. The Apc is excellent at social manipulation and propaganda, it's almost as potent as witchcraft. Pdp needs to be careful

Those days are behind us. Do you know that for every tweet by the Presidency on Twitter the amount of reactions against them makes them to hide their face in shame.

We are not scared of APC smear campaign because they have a lot of baggage that they can't drop.

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Declares 2019 Presidential Ambition by CarlosTheJackal: 11:03am On Apr 30, 2018
SalamRushdie:

He introduced Sharia in Kano state
That was the period when political Sharia was the only way to win election. There was no governor then that didn't do same.

His only albatross today will be Kwankwaso because they are still sworn enemies.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Declares 2019 Presidential Ambition by fergie001: 11:24am On Apr 30, 2018
A good and intelligent man

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Declares 2019 Presidential Ambition by anibirelawal(m): 11:46am On Apr 30, 2018
fk001:
Dead on Arrival

Sai Baba till 2023.

We won't vote in any pen robber

Seconded!

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Declares 2019 Presidential Ambition by ayourbamie: 11:49am On Apr 30, 2018
This Shekarau that sounds like Shekau

5 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Declares 2019 Presidential Ambition by omocalabar(m): 11:49am On Apr 30, 2018
President of which country?....u even bear the same name wit chief commander of Boko Haram

7 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Declares 2019 Presidential Ambition by omocalabar(m): 11:49am On Apr 30, 2018
Wats dis one again?....all dis dumb ass up north are so full of themselves
Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Declares 2019 Presidential Ambition by omoharry(f): 11:51am On Apr 30, 2018
CarlosTheJackal:

forget how eloquent he is,na that one he go take deceive una..this man is another refined Buhari..he is a lover of Sharia..and the last thing we want in Nigeria is another nepotistic and religious Bigot.

3 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Declares 2019 Presidential Ambition by echelons(m): 11:51am On Apr 30, 2018
Join a volunteer group on tobuildanation.com and support a New Nigeria.

It's our own decision to make: To continue with failure or To help build a progressive Nation.

Support Prof. Kingsley Muoghalu for President.
Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Declares 2019 Presidential Ambition by dipsin999(m): 11:52am On Apr 30, 2018
Tired of Old names....

Tired of zoning.......

Tired of them all......

Prepare to change the clique...

We need Fresh Blood

We need New names

Let the leaders of tomorrow take over.....

VOTE FOR NEW NIGERIA....... GET YOUR PVC READY

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Declares 2019 Presidential Ambition by Intrepid01(m): 11:53am On Apr 30, 2018
Oloriburuku, which people are asking you to contest? you must be maddddd!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Declares 2019 Presidential Ambition by ekensi01: 11:53am On Apr 30, 2018
grin

This guys are really serious about moving Nigeria in cycle.

People who can't do anything before, what make them think they are better now?

2 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Declares 2019 Presidential Ambition by LIVIYA(f): 11:53am On Apr 30, 2018
PLS WE DONT WANT ANY MORE SHEKA***.D BOKOHARAM LEADER NEVER DISTURB US FINISH

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Declares 2019 Presidential Ambition by bobbygkmc(m): 11:54am On Apr 30, 2018
all these shameless old men that wont rest.
Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Declares 2019 Presidential Ambition by fasho01(m): 11:54am On Apr 30, 2018
Now, this is getting interesting..

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dapo Abiodun Visits Rauf Aregbesola - Photos / Rate Ahmed Lawal Vs Ali Ndume Pre-election Addresses / "DangoteExploitingKogi" Trends On Twitter Amidst Controversies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.