Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,794 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

Breaking News - 2007 Anambra Governorship Election Unconstitutional - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News - 2007 Anambra Governorship Election Unconstitutional (1834 Views)

The Self-appointment Of Buhari As Petroleum Minister Is Unconstitutional - Epaul / INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election / APGA In Early Lead In Anambra Governorship Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News - 2007 Anambra Governorship Election Unconstitutional by wirinet(m): 11:13am On Nov 13, 2009
The Appeal Court sitting in Enugu has just declared that the conduct of the 2007 governorship elections in anambra is against the provisions of the 1999 constitution, and therefore null and void. This finally settles the ambition of our governor in waiting
Re: Breaking News - 2007 Anambra Governorship Election Unconstitutional by queenesthr(f): 11:15am On Nov 13, 2009
Thank God!!!
Re: Breaking News - 2007 Anambra Governorship Election Unconstitutional by SkyBlue1: 11:18am On Nov 13, 2009
wirinet:

The Appeal Court sitting in Enugu has just declared that the conduct of the 2007 governorship elections in anambra is against the provisions of the 1999 constitution, and therefore null and void. This finally settles the ambition of our governor in waiting

Source please
Re: Breaking News - 2007 Anambra Governorship Election Unconstitutional by magragold(m): 11:21am On Nov 13, 2009
The man who has no good pedigree can go and rest now.

The judiciary should live up to its billings like the Appeal Court did today.

We are tired of Ghana Must Go Judges!
Re: Breaking News - 2007 Anambra Governorship Election Unconstitutional by chosen04(f): 11:23am On Nov 13, 2009
queenesthr:

Thank God!!!
God is GOOD OOOOOOOO!!!
Re: Breaking News - 2007 Anambra Governorship Election Unconstitutional by fingard02k(m): 11:26am On Nov 13, 2009
Its been confirmed.There is now big celebration in Awka Anambra state capital
Re: Breaking News - 2007 Anambra Governorship Election Unconstitutional by Afam(m): 11:37am On Nov 13, 2009
And after our people living outside Nigeria will tell us that Nigeria is a lawless society and a jungle.

Kudos to the judiciary, yet again.
Re: Breaking News - 2007 Anambra Governorship Election Unconstitutional by lokonso92: 11:45am On Nov 13, 2009
thank 4 that
Re: Breaking News - 2007 Anambra Governorship Election Unconstitutional by FrankC3: 12:12pm On Nov 13, 2009
Now somebody should tell that big mouth Bankole that the judiciary is clearing the mess his party is putting up and that they did not need an advice from Achebe to do it. Cowards politicians!!
Re: Breaking News - 2007 Anambra Governorship Election Unconstitutional by metalgong5(m): 12:12pm On Nov 13, 2009
The corrupt appeal court judges were buried in an abysmal state of confusion and guilty conscienceness right from the day Odumegwu Ojukwu granted a cautionary interview to the media outlets. . . . Undoubtedly, there are still few people whose statements/advise are treated with respect by the corrupt power brokers.
Re: Breaking News - 2007 Anambra Governorship Election Unconstitutional by semid4lyfe(m): 12:23pm On Nov 13, 2009
? ?
Re: Breaking News - 2007 Anambra Governorship Election Unconstitutional by semid4lyfe(m): 12:24pm On Nov 13, 2009
Where is the source?
Anyway, if it's true, it's definitely good news cos it puts an end to the governorship ambition of Andy Uba.
Re: Breaking News - 2007 Anambra Governorship Election Unconstitutional by chidichris(m): 1:02pm On Nov 13, 2009
And after our people living outside Nigeria will tell us that Nigeria is a lawless society and a jungle.

Kudos to the judiciary, yet again.

@afam,
you will always say i must mention obj in all my posts. here is it again.
who is andy uba?
how did he become the gov in waiting?
who made him gov?
what are his sources of power?
why did he triumph in the 2007 election?
why did he now fail?
permit me to use a word as answer to all the above questions forcing to make the answer - OBASANJO.

if anyone out there is asking me how or why? hear this;
the reign of the ubas was facilitated by just a single person - obj.
these are men with little or no profile whatsoever before the man man decided to use them in his inordinate ambition to privatize nigeria.
if we must discuss 2007 elections in nigeria, the man dog(obj) is a constant name. let me further annoy you by saying no matter what the judicairy system must have done to ur happiness, they are a bunch of disgrace.
still in anambra, your so-called judiciary was able to remove ngige for electorial malpractices while the man(chris uba) who confessed the crime was still the chairman bot of pdp in the same state. he was made to go free for a crime capable of destroying a country.
ur toothless bulldog(judiciary) can only find people guilty constitutionally yet nobody takes punishments for the crimes.
Afam, the day u step out of nigeria as see how countries are ruled, how citizerns can express themselves, how leaders are accountable to the ppl they lead, how public funds are used for the interest of the masses, how the problems of the masses is made the problems of the govt, how citizens enjoy the benefits of the state's natural resources, that day, u will begin to appreciate that you have been close to hell in the hands of these overnight billionaires.
in a country where 80% of a particular elections have been cancealed by your so-called judicary, the stupid professor is still the inec chairman.
in a country where the president is fraudulently selected and imposed on us and the palpretors of these ungodly crimes are still our elites and our elites are moving from jails to aso rock. what is the hope of a country making a step forward and ten backward.
do you think the last of andy uba has been heard? lies. let us wait till the next ministerial and ambassadorial appointments.
Re: Breaking News - 2007 Anambra Governorship Election Unconstitutional by Nobody: 1:05pm On Nov 13, 2009
So what next,,,who wins,who loose
Re: Breaking News - 2007 Anambra Governorship Election Unconstitutional by puskin: 1:10pm On Nov 13, 2009
. . .and still no source.
Re: Breaking News - 2007 Anambra Governorship Election Unconstitutional by Afam(m): 1:14pm On Nov 13, 2009
chidichris:

Afam, the day u step out of nigeria as see how countries are ruled, how citizerns can express themselves, how leaders are accountable to the ppl they lead, how public funds are used for the interest of the masses, how the problems of the masses is made the problems of the govt, how citizens enjoy the benefits of the state's natural resources, that day, u will begin to appreciate that you have been close to hell in the hands of these overnight billionaires.

Let us assume for a split second that I have ever toyed with the idea of leaving Nigeria and settling abroad the very fact that your level of reasoning is this low and yet you are based outside Nigeria is enough reason for me to send to the trash can all ideas, notions, thoughts etc of leaving Nigeria.

Your relations in Nigeria may be living in hell but trust me Nigeria is not hell and I am not living in hell.

Hypocrites like you travel down to Nigeria and it seems anytime you do so the status of Nigeria changes from hell to heaven. Spare me the silly rhetorics please.
Re: Breaking News - 2007 Anambra Governorship Election Unconstitutional by chidichris(m): 1:45pm On Nov 13, 2009
Let us assume for a split second that I have ever toyed with the idea of leaving Nigeria and settling abroad the very fact that your level of reasoning is this low and yet you are based outside Nigeria is enough reason for me to send to the trash can all ideas, notions, thoughts etc of leaving Nigeria.

Your relations in Nigeria may be living in hell but trust me Nigeria is not hell and I am not living in hell.

Hypocrites like you travel down to Nigeria and it seems anytime you do so the status of Nigeria changes from hell to heaven. Spare me the silly rhetorics

@afam,
because u are able to compare nigeria with nowhere, u can't do better than decieving urself by saying nigeria is even better than heaven.
u are handicapped and blindfolded hence u celebrate failures. nigerian constitutions are there for these judges to mention them whenever the needs occur.
chris uba rigged election and confessed to that, ngige was removed from office for same crime but what did our judges and constitution do to the man responsible for the crime which is not in doubt?
if today, the court is saying the elections are null and void, who and who wasted the govt's funds in organising the thrash and what is their places in our constitution?
chris uba in the same anambra state stopped the running of the state and the gov was forced into exile in a democratic system of govt and you have come here to remind me that the constitution of nigeria has no puishments for such crimes or that the judges are not aware of the situation.
must i remind u that since ngige rejected the moves of chris uba, anambra state and her people have not known peace.
why did pdp and obj arrest chris uba on the eve of the 2007 gubernitorial elections in anambra?
u are either an ingnorant person or the decieving groups.

afam, the wisest man in nigeria is a fool in benin republic.
a primary school teacher in benin republic is more responsible and respected than a nigerian professor eg prof iwu.
do u even read news coming out of other countrie? a minister resigning in ghana over us$20,000 scandal, is that po in nigeria talkless of possible?
apart from ur refusal to learn and upgrade ur reasoning parts, i am here to refer u to events and arguements between u and i during ur obj regime and tell me what is happening today.
i mentioned bode george, fani koyode, borrishade and a lot of other members of the pdp criminal gang, today, most f them are either serving or abut to serve.
are u not ashamed of ur position and link me to ur achievements on this forum. like i said, u are perfectly shortsighted as sufferings have reduced u to a lerss than human being
Re: Breaking News - 2007 Anambra Governorship Election Unconstitutional by Afam(m): 2:01pm On Nov 13, 2009
chidichris:

@afam,
because u are able to compare nigeria with nowhere, u can't do better than decieving urself by saying nigeria is even better than heaven.
u are handicapped and blindfolded hence u celebrate failures. nigerian constitutions are there for these judges to mention them whenever the needs occur.

Keep your posts very short because I honestly never read more than 2 sentences you write because they are usually incoherent and baseless.

For the records I have never claimed that Nigeria is without problems. It is just that I have refused to see things from your myopic point of view, that's all.
Re: Breaking News - 2007 Anambra Governorship Election Unconstitutional by citizenY(m): 3:15pm On Nov 13, 2009
@ AFAm

Honestly, i do not know why you are keeping this dialogue with chidi.

With all due respect, some of these guys abroad think they have seen it all. A lot of them live in the fringes of their
host countries and are living on a social security safety net cultivated by the citizens of that country. Some of them are at
best , illegal aliens and have no significant contribution to their host countries. what this means is that they do not have any
possibilities of interacting with the system for fear of apprehension (illegal alien) or for lack of resource to do so.

Don't get me wrong, I am speaking from experience. The moment they are out there, Nigeria is trash. Ll their anger is focussed on
Nigeria, forgetting that the citizens of their host country embedded thamselves at home , braving the odds to come up with a better
society.

Our brothers abandon ship and I can tell you, some cannot even get close to any immigration point as they will be deported. What is
the joy, always on the run and living on the fringes of the social system. It is very easy to know those I am talking about - their language, content,logic and
method of delivery, inany argument.On the other side of the fence, you get to meet the sound ones too and you get robust arguments and analysis.
Re: Breaking News - 2007 Anambra Governorship Election Unconstitutional by Ibime(m): 3:26pm On Nov 13, 2009
Ikemba has spoken!
Re: Breaking News - 2007 Anambra Governorship Election Unconstitutional by Afam(m): 3:42pm On Nov 13, 2009
citizenY:

@ AFAm

Honestly, i do not know why you are keeping this dialogue with chidi.

With all due respect, some of these guys abroad think they have seen it all. A lot of them live in the fringes of their
host countries and are living on a social security safety net cultivated by the citizens of that country. Some of them are at
best , illegal aliens and have no significant contribution to their host countries. what this means is that they do not have any
possibilities of interacting with the system for fear of apprehension (illegal alien) or for lack of resource to do so.

Don't get me wrong, I am speaking from experience. The moment they are out there, Nigeria is trash. Ll their anger is focussed on
Nigeria, forgetting that the citizens of their host country embedded thamselves at home , braving the odds to come up with a better
society.

Our brothers abandon ship and I can tell you, some cannot even get close to any immigration point as they will be deported. What is
the joy, always on the run and living on the fringes of the social system. It is very easy to know those I am talking about - their language, content,logic and
method of delivery, inany argument.On the other side of the fence, you get to meet the sound ones too and you get robust arguments and analysis.

I usually don't get to read more than 2 sentences from this guy and I have told him so several times.

However, whenever I see my name being used in any of his nonsense and incoherent posts I do my best to correct any false representations because people like these don't have any problems lying about almost everything and if these lies are left unchallenged some might wrongly assume them to be true.

I am only on the look out for lies that have to do with my name as I have known the guy to be completely clueless and confused for more than 2 years now.
Re: Breaking News - 2007 Anambra Governorship Election Unconstitutional by Onlytruth(m): 3:54pm On Nov 13, 2009
Re: Breaking News - 2007 Anambra Governorship Election Unconstitutional by Onlytruth(m): 3:58pm On Nov 13, 2009
Again, why the judges chickened out:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-347989.0.html
Re: Breaking News - 2007 Anambra Governorship Election Unconstitutional by illusion2: 4:05pm On Nov 13, 2009
Before y'all carry the rejoicing too far. . . . . . he can still appeal this judgement angry

So watch this space. . . . . . cool
Re: Breaking News - 2007 Anambra Governorship Election Unconstitutional by Onlytruth(m): 4:13pm On Nov 13, 2009
Ngwuta maintained that Uba’s argument that he was governor in waiting since no tribunal or court nullified his election, does not hold water since, according to him, the court or tribunal cannot nullify what does not exist. He wondered where Uba got the governor-in-waiting appellation.

“The April 14 2007 election is a nullity ab-initio, it is an indisputable fact that the election was conducted outside the law. The election is nullity, there is no need for court to set it aside, it does not exist in law. A court does not act in vein, so there is no need setting aside what does not exist.

The seat of power in Anambra State is not a hereditary stool, it is only through due process as prescribed by the electoral act and the constitution can somebody be elected to occupy that seat. The election that brought Uba was an illegal act and nobody demands right or relief on illegal act. Accordingly reliefs 1 to 4 are hereby dismissed and consequently the application is dismissed. Each party should bear its cost,” he ruled.
Re: Breaking News - 2007 Anambra Governorship Election Unconstitutional by onyengbu1(m): 4:41pm On Nov 13, 2009
fire burn dem Uba brothers!
Re: Breaking News - 2007 Anambra Governorship Election Unconstitutional by sjeezy8: 4:42pm On Nov 13, 2009
Uhhhh duhhh it was unconstitutional as is everything in Nigeria. But now that Uba case is a no go, what about Soludo?
I mean do they want soludo as govenor because hes still part of pdp . . . . so ?
Re: Breaking News - 2007 Anambra Governorship Election Unconstitutional by onyengbu1(m): 5:04pm On Nov 13, 2009
sjeezy8:

Uhhhh duhhh it was unconstitutional as is everything in Nigeria. But now that Uba case is a no go, what about Soludo?
I mean do they want soludo as govenor because hes still part of pdp . . . . so ?

Unlike Andy, Soludo is not asking to avoid facing elections.

Thats the difference.
Re: Breaking News - 2007 Anambra Governorship Election Unconstitutional by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 13, 2009
Andy Uba is now sorted, Chris Uba will be sorted on moonday 16th November.

I hope we will now start talking about development and economics in Anambra not Godfatherism.

Soludo should march out his campaign machine and campaign ward for ward, local council for local council and win the next general election.

The days of the Ubas in Anambra is over.
Re: Breaking News - 2007 Anambra Governorship Election Unconstitutional by metalgong5(m): 7:20pm On Nov 13, 2009
hahahahahaha

Ojukwu's blunt warning sent chills down the spines of those Judges.
Re: Breaking News - 2007 Anambra Governorship Election Unconstitutional by grafikdon: 10:45pm On Nov 13, 2009
metal-gong:

hahahahahaha

Ojukwu's blunt warning sent chills down the spines of those Judges.

Only an slowpoke spreads his arms to catch a falling Ukwa tree. I say let the Uba retard waste his money on the obvious wild goose chase. I must confess it was entertaining watching the Uba goon drown in his own quagmire of delusions.

The Ikemba has spoken grin grin grin the language that Nigeria understands. Time to get back to serious business in Anambra, now that the abominable meddlesome interlopers are out of the picture.
Re: Breaking News - 2007 Anambra Governorship Election Unconstitutional by citizenY(m): 2:07pm On Nov 14, 2009
Good, clearing the cobwebs. Anambra will lead us in this battle to break this yoke.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senator Joy Emordi To Replace Dora Akunyili As Minister / Lagos State Is The Most Indebted State In Nigeria / BBC NEWS REPORT ON WHY BUHARI WOULD LOSE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.