Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,785 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

What Is The Future Of Vb.net? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Is The Future Of Vb.net? (1664 Views)

VB. NET Expiration Date Alert / Anyone Here Have A Strong Knowledge Of VB? / I Need To Learn Php And Vb.net (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Future Of Vb.net? by Etogist: 7:48pm On Dec 11, 2016
I have searched through some threads to find where vb.net is being discussed like other programming languages but found non. Is Vb. Net going into extinction?
Re: What Is The Future Of Vb.net? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Dec 11, 2016
arwontalk
Re: What Is The Future Of Vb.net? by Cooldude68(m): 10:56am On Dec 12, 2016
I think VB.net will soon be a forgotten language very soon. Even Microsoft are being biased because they've deliberately placed C# over VB.
You want to code ASP.net apps? You'll hardly find tutorials/tips from Microsoft official website.
Re: What Is The Future Of Vb.net? by pumpindkay(m): 11:57pm On Dec 14, 2016
Cooldude68:
I think VB.net will soon be a forgotten language very soon. Even Microsoft are being biased because they've deliberately placed C# over VB.
You want to code ASP.net apps? You'll hardly find tutorials/tips from Microsoft official website.

msdn.microsoft .com for every c# code there is a VB.net version

c# is more popular because most programmers coming into .net world already familiar with curly bracket and semi colon. in fact that was the main reason why Microsoft created it (easy divert). I noticed that almost 75% vb .net programmers also can code in c#.
The only difference is the curly bracket. They both has same power and some similar structure.

As long as microsoft shall be there will be VB.net , but the best of all is that a programmer should know more than one language.

In fact if a programmer understands one learning other won't be difficult.

c# textbox1.Text = "some text";
VB Textbox1.Text = "some text"

c# string myVariable;
VB Dim myVariable As String
Re: What Is The Future Of Vb.net? by Nobody: 11:59am On Dec 15, 2016
I believe that VB.net version is for oldies like me that started out our careers with visual basic 5 and visual basic 6, while the new generation that came from JAVA, JAVAScript, Object C etc find C# syntax easier to follow
- just my own opinion
Re: What Is The Future Of Vb.net? by snyperboi(m): 3:13pm On Dec 16, 2016
in one word it's future will be "extinction "

(1) (Reply)

HELP WITH Erp(enterprise Resource Program) SOLUTION / Help On J2me Mobile App Development / Help A Brother On Solution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.