Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,460 members, 7,819,678 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

Three People Killed During Stampede At T.B Joshua’s Synagogue Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Three People Killed During Stampede At T.B Joshua’s Synagogue Church (774 Views)

George Weah Set For Thanksgiving At Synagogue Church Of All Nations / Video Of "Strange Ghost" At Entrance Of Synagogue Church Sent To TB Joshua / Bus Carrying Synagogue Church Members Falls Into Ditch While Avoiding Cows (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Three People Killed During Stampede At T.B Joshua’s Synagogue Church by nairalandaddict: 9:05am On Dec 12, 2016
[img]https://www./wp-content/uploads/2016/12/The-Synagogue-Church-of-All-Nations-620x378.jpg[/img]

No less than three people have been reportedly killed during a stampede at T.B Joshua's Synagogue Church of All Nations (SCOAN) in Ikotun, Lagos.

According to The Punch, the incident happened early Saturday morning during SCOAN’s healing service, as worshippers trooped to see the General Overseer of the church, Prophet T.B Joshua.

An eyewitness, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said the stampede occurred around 4.30am.

He said: “It was the church’s annual deliverance and healing programme. Usually at this time, the church becomes a beehive of activities as people come in their thousands to see the prophet for miracles.

“People lodge in different hotels surrounding the church. And they all arrive at the church very early.

“There is a canopy on the premises where worshippers are screened before they see the man of God.

“However, on Saturday, after being screened, the crowd was much and they started struggling through the doorway to see the prophet. In the process, three people collapsed. They were rushed to the Isolo General Hospital, where they were confirmed dead.”

Two of the victims were identified as Emeka Okonkwo and Emmanuel Oherin from their phones and their families have been notified. The third victim is yet to be identified. Their corpses have been deposited in a morgue.

“Their families were immediately contacted and they identified them. The police from the Ikotun division were also contacted,” another source added.

A SCOAN official who was contacted by phone, however, denied the incident.

She said: “Nothing happened on the church premises yesterday. Nobody died. Nobody. Thank you.”

The Police Public Relations Officer, SP Dolapo Badmos, however, confirmed the incident and said investigations were ongoing.

“The story is true. Investigation is ongoing as we await the result of the autopsy. For now, we are treating the case as sudden and unnatural deaths,” she said.
SOURCE ==> https://www./news/3121-three-people-killed-during-stampede-at-t-b-joshuas-synagogue-church.html

Re: Three People Killed During Stampede At T.B Joshua’s Synagogue Church by nNEOo(m): 9:06am On Dec 12, 2016
Ftc
Re: Three People Killed During Stampede At T.B Joshua’s Synagogue Church by GudluckIBB(m): 9:10am On Dec 12, 2016
Joshua again!!
Re: Three People Killed During Stampede At T.B Joshua’s Synagogue Church by Unimaginable123: 9:11am On Dec 12, 2016
Black man is an animal

1 Like

Re: Three People Killed During Stampede At T.B Joshua’s Synagogue Church by EyeHateGod: 9:15am On Dec 12, 2016
nairalandaddict:

A SCOAN official who was contacted by phone, however, denied the incident.
She said: “Nothing happened on the church premises yesterday. Nobody died. Nobody. Thank you.”

The Police Public Relations Officer, SP Dolapo Badmos, however, confirmed the incident and said investigations were ongoing.
“The story is true. Investigation is ongoing as we await the result of the autopsy. For now, we are treating the case as sudden and unnatural deaths,” she said
Re: Three People Killed During Stampede At T.B Joshua’s Synagogue Church by thesicilian: 9:29am On Dec 12, 2016
Again?
With all due respect, I don't think God is in that church. Nobody ever died during one of Jesus Christ's gatherings, ad I am sure that anyone had died, He would have just raised them back to life. That church is fake. Yes, I have judged.
Re: Three People Killed During Stampede At T.B Joshua’s Synagogue Church by Jafar1: 9:30am On Dec 12, 2016
PEOPLE DYING IN CHURCHES NOWADAYS, NAWA O

Re: Three People Killed During Stampede At T.B Joshua’s Synagogue Church by randomperson: 10:23am On Dec 12, 2016
thesicilian:
Again?
With all due respect, I don't think God is in that church. Nobody ever died during one of Jesus Christ's gatherings, ad I am sure that anyone had died, He would have just raised them back to life. That church is fake. Yes, I have judged.
See them. Shameless Christians. Any church where people die now is a fake church. U forget that people going or coming from RCCG and Winners conventions also fall victim to accidents and armed robbers...
But why let the truth stand in the way of your hypocritical narrative
Re: Three People Killed During Stampede At T.B Joshua’s Synagogue Church by Nobody: 11:08am On Dec 12, 2016
thesicilian:
Again?

The bolded; I was just wondering why people die in miracle houses

1 Like

Re: Three People Killed During Stampede At T.B Joshua’s Synagogue Church by thesicilian: 11:26am On Dec 12, 2016
randomperson:

See them. Shameless Christians. Any church where people die now is a fake church. U forget that people going or coming from RCCG and Winners conventions also fall victim to accidents and armed robbers...
But why let the truth stand in the way of your hypocritical narrative
Use your brain to reason things for yourself. Its only the weak minded who have nothing meaningful to contribute to intelligent discussions that resort to insults and personal attacks.
Re: Three People Killed During Stampede At T.B Joshua’s Synagogue Church by joespiceman(m): 11:44am On Dec 12, 2016
Jafar1:
PEOPLE DYING IN CHURCHES NOWADAYS, NAWA O
my brother Na so we see am ooo

(1) (Reply)

Port-hacourt Pastor Marries A Third Wife (photos) / Nigerians Need A Prophet Like Elijah. / COZA; Massive Endorsement From Creflo Dollar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.