Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,948 members, 7,835,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

Why Are Or Aren't You Religious? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Or Aren't You Religious? (757 Views)

"Open Your Legs For Jesus, So He Can Release Inside You!!!"---religious Leader / Are You Religious? ( A Simple Test ) - Paul Ellis / For What Reason Specifically Are You Religious? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Or Aren't You Religious? by Millz404(m): 7:04pm On Jun 24, 2017
I'm not asking what your religion is, but I'm curious if you can try to dig deep and find out why you've become religious.

Were your parents religious? Your school? Your community? Did you become religious later in life? Did you shun your religion for some reason?

For the time being, I will keep my religious views to myself so I won't influence the comments.

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Re: Why Are Or Aren't You Religious? by Holuwadamilarey(m): 7:11pm On Jun 24, 2017
I have a personal relationship with God, that's what matters
Re: Why Are Or Aren't You Religious? by Blakjewelry(m): 7:15pm On Jun 24, 2017
In searching for the truth, you will find something more... M.J
Re: Why Are Or Aren't You Religious? by hopefulLandlord: 8:02pm On Jun 24, 2017

1 Like

Re: Why Are Or Aren't You Religious? by malvisguy212: 9:11pm On Jun 24, 2017
After the fall of man from the beginning, man lost everything, including the personal relationship man had with God, ever since man has been making idea how to reconcile themselves back to God, that's were religion come in, man invent religion to fill the void, emptiness just to reconcile themselves back to God.

read here, the different between Christianity and religion www.nairaland.com/2914410/difference-between-religion-christianity
Re: Why Are Or Aren't You Religious? by OtemAtum: 9:16pm On Jun 24, 2017
I discovered that science and brain-using is the closest way to discovering the secrets of God and nature. All religious gods combined are nothing but a microorganism before God Almighty.
Re: Why Are Or Aren't You Religious? by Richirich713: 9:17pm On Jun 24, 2017
OtemAtum:
I discovered that science and brain-using is the closest way to discovering the secrets of God and nature. All religious gods combined are nothing but a microorganism before God Almighty.

How about deism? What do u think about deism?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Or Aren't You Religious? by OtemAtum: 9:28pm On Jun 24, 2017
Richirich713:

How about deism? What do u think about deism?
I don't think about deism, but it is closer to the truth more than religions.
Re: Why Are Or Aren't You Religious? by Richirich713: 9:54pm On Jun 24, 2017
OtemAtum:
I don't think about deism, but it is closer to the truth more than religions.

It's also more closer to the truth than atheism? Right?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Or Aren't You Religious? by OtemAtum: 10:15pm On Jun 24, 2017
Richirich713:

It's also more closer to the truth than atheism? Right?
I think atheism is actually against religious gods being the God Almighty. I have never seen any atheist attacking a deistic God concept before. I see atheist rejecting the idea of religious gods as the ALMIGHTY God and that is even right.

Atheists do say that if there is a God, he/she/it should not have a tag like God of Israel, bla, bla, bla. And that's d belief of deism too.

THERE IS NO GOD said by atheism is also true to an extent, because truly, God is not different from us. We ourselves are parts of God and there is no God in isolation. It's complex.
Re: Why Are Or Aren't You Religious? by Deicide: 11:08pm On Jun 24, 2017
Well I started having a personal Relationship with Reality

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Or Aren't You Religious? by Nobody: 12:22am On Jun 25, 2017
Religion kills curiosity

1 Like

Re: Why Are Or Aren't You Religious? by Uyi168: 7:16am On Jun 25, 2017
Too many un-answered questions,so many things dont just up..gradually,i started loosing interest..today,i'm done with religion..

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Next After Ramadan? / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 03/08/17 / Has Jehovah Turned Against The Watchtower?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.