Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,660 members, 7,816,692 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Survivor:we Were Singing And Dancing When The Church Collapsed In Uyo(video) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Survivor:we Were Singing And Dancing When The Church Collapsed In Uyo(video) (715 Views)

Leg Of Akan Weeks, Founder Of Collapsed Reigners Church In Uyo, May Be Amputated / Video Of Collapsed Reigners Bible Church Building In Uyo (Graphic Content) / See Pic Of Student Of University Of Uyo Kill 2day When Reigners Church Collapsed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Survivor:we Were Singing And Dancing When The Church Collapsed In Uyo(video) by Mfondear(m): 11:04am On Dec 12, 2016
A survivor from the Friday, December 9, Akwa Ibom church building collapse has give a detail account of how the incident occurred.

Eno Etim, who spoke to Punch at the St. Luke’s General Hospital, Annua in Uyo, said a lady had just been called to lead in the praise and worship session when building collapsed.

She said after as the lady led the congregation into the worship session, singing and dancing had just begun when the building caved in.

Etim, a resident from Oron said she does not worship at the Reigners Bible Church International Inc. in Uyo.
The survivor said she had only come to witness the consecration of the pastor of the church, Akam Weeks, as a Bishop.

“I don’t worship in the church. I worship in the United Intercessors Network, which Bishop Akan Weeks also belong to. I don’t live in Uyo. I came all the way from Oron,”Etim said.

Narrating the incident, Etim said no one expected that such a building will collapse.

Etim said: “The iron fell on my back forcing me to fall on the ground with my face down.”

She was however moved to the University of Uyo teaching hospital for proper care and treatment.

Meanwhile, Etims niece Nkoyo Okon, said she received a call from an unknown person that her aunt was at the hospital.

Okon said: “I knew she went to the church. But she later called me on the phone to tell me she had been taken to Annua hospital. So, I had to rush down here. I’m grateful to God she is alive.”

Also, an another survivor, a 22-year-old Emen Akpanitiat, said after the Akwa Ibom state governor Emmanuel Udom came into the church, the congregation embarked on a praise and worship.

She said the building collapsed immediately the people were dancing – in preparation for offering.

“It was when the governor came and people started dancing. I’m in pains. The doctor said I’m going to be moved to the University of Uyo Teaching Hospital,” Okon said.
“I was inside the church. Everything was normal; there was no problem. A lady was called to lead the praise worship session; the governor came in shortly after that. As the praise worship was going on, the building fell and I didn’t know how I got here,” she said.

Also, Okon’s sister said her entire family is grateful to God for her survival.

The state governor narrowly escaped death on Friday, December 9, after the building of Reigners Bible Church collapsed in Uyo, Akwa Ibom state.

The governor said he assisted the rescue team in ensuring that victims were freed from the debris.
WATCH VIDEO:http://234news.com/2016/12/12/survivor-we-were-singing-and-dancing-when-the-church-collapsed-survivorvideo/

1 Share

Re: Survivor:we Were Singing And Dancing When The Church Collapsed In Uyo(video) by Mfondear(m): 11:36am On Dec 12, 2016
Uyo church collapse: Governor Udom orders arrest of contractors

Governor Udom Emmanuel of Akwa Ibom state has ordered the immediate arrest of the contractors and engineers that constructed the Reigners Bible Church International Inc, Uyo, which collapsed on Saturday, December 10, killing scores of people.

According to Aniekeme Finbarr, the personal assistants to the governor on media, Udom gave the order on Sunday, December 11.

“They (contractors) should be made to answer certain questions so that the state would be able to get to the root cause of the matter,” the governor was quoted as saying.

Governor Udom’s order comes hours after the Senate President Bukola Saraki had called for a probe of the disaster.

Saraki, in a statement by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Yusuph Olaniyonu commiserated with the people of Akwa Ibom over the incident.

He also called for investigation into the cause of the collapse, which caused the death of scores of people and injured many others.

While praying for speedy recovery for those still receiving medical attention in hospitals, he called for “urgent and thorough investigation to determine both the remote and immediate causes of the building collapse.

“I believe that such an investigation, if sincerely done, will help us to guard against unnecessary waste of lives, injuries and damage to property in the future. My heart goes out to all the victims, the Christian community in Akwa Ibom State and the entire people of the state.”

Meanwhile, some survivors of the church building collapse have also given a first-hand account of how the building collapsed on Saturday.

One of the survivors, Eno Etim, who spoke with The Punch, said the building collapsed shortly after a lady was called to lead the praise worship.

Etim, who hails from Mbo local government area of the state, said she could not recall how she landed in the hospital, adding that an iron bar hit her at the back, sending her reeling on the floor before she passed out

The housewife, who spoke shortly before she was moved out of the St. Luke’s General Hospital, Annua, Uyo, to the University of UYO Teaching, Uyo, said the congregation was dancing when the church collapsed.

Explaining that she was not a member of the church, Etim said she had come to witness the ordination of the presiding pastor of the church, Akan Weeks, as a bishop, because they both belong to the United Intercessors Network.

She said: “I was inside the church. Everything was normal; there was no problem. A lady was called to lead the praise worship session; the governor came in shortly after that. As the praise worship was going on, the building fell and I didn’t know how I got here.

“The iron fell on my back forcing me to fall on the ground with my face down.

“I don’t worship in the church. I worship in the United Intercessors Network, which Bishop Akan Weeks also belong to. I don’t live in Uyo. I came all the way from Oron.”
READ MORE:http://234news.com/2016/12/12/uyo-church-collapse-governor-udom-orders-arrest-of-contractors/

1 Share

Re: Survivor:we Were Singing And Dancing When The Church Collapsed In Uyo(video) by MrPRevailer(m): 2:58pm On Dec 12, 2016
It is the fault of the Engineers yet some people have been programmed by the devil and maybe Seun to claim it's God and the Pastor's fault.
mtcheew. angry
Re: Survivor:we Were Singing And Dancing When The Church Collapsed In Uyo(video) by randomperson: 3:03pm On Dec 12, 2016
MrPRevailer:
It is the fault of the Engineers yet some people have been programmed by the devil and maybe Seun to claim it's God and the Pastor's fault.
mtcheew. angry
But god promised his people that he will protect them now. Haven't u ever read Psalms 91?? At least he could have told the pastor that the tragedy will happen. Was he sleeping or the lives of those people was not special enough to be saved? These people were praising him for God's sake...
Re: Survivor:we Were Singing And Dancing When The Church Collapsed In Uyo(video) by kevoh(m): 3:18pm On Dec 12, 2016
Psalm 91
1 Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust.”
3 Surely he will save you
from the fowler’s snare
and from the deadly pestilence.
4 He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
5 You will not fear the terror of night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right hand,
but it will not come near you.
8 You will only observe with your eyes
and see the punishment of the wicked.
9 If you say, “The Lord is my refuge,”
and you make the Most High your dwelling,
10 no harm will overtake you,
no disaster will come near your tent.
11 For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways;

12 they will lift you up in their hands,

so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
13 You will tread on the lion and the cobra;
you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
14 “Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
15 He will call on me, and I will answer him;

I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him
and show him my salvation.”

smiley smiley guess someone is not too good in keeping his promises!
cc : randomperson
Re: Survivor:we Were Singing And Dancing When The Church Collapsed In Uyo(video) by randomperson: 3:24pm On Dec 12, 2016
kevoh:

smiley smiley guess someone is not too good in keeping his promises!
cc : randomperson
God bless u... Oops! I meant the flying spaghetti monster, that one is more credible
Re: Survivor:we Were Singing And Dancing When The Church Collapsed In Uyo(video) by Nobody: 3:31pm On Dec 12, 2016
Hmmm reminds me of , The WALL of JERICHO..

Churches should be more careful and step up.
They think more of cash before salvation.

(1) (Reply)

Mr Bible Teacher By Segun Coker / Programs To Benefit From This Ramadan / Man Ordered By A Court To Bake Cake For Gay Marriage Heads To Supreme Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.