Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:09 PM

Man Ordered By A Court To Bake Cake For Gay Marriage Heads To Supreme Court - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Man Ordered By A Court To Bake Cake For Gay Marriage Heads To Supreme Court (712 Views)

Man Threatens To Quit Daystar Church Over Top Member's Support For Gay Rights / My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service / Photos Of Assemblies Of God Members Dancing After Supreme Court Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Ordered By A Court To Bake Cake For Gay Marriage Heads To Supreme Court by atorioke(m): 11:50am On Jun 27, 2017
http://www.eyereport.com.ng/gay-marriage-cake-controversy-in-supreme-court/

The baker refused to bake a cake for same sex-marriage (gay marriage) because he honours God through the art of decorating cakes.

The couple, Craig and Mullins, claimed they were discriminated against by the baker for his refusal to make a cake for them in 2012.

The U.S. Supreme Court has vowed to hear the appeal filed by a Colorado baker who refused to bake cake for same-sex marriage.

The court will decide if the baker, Mr. Jack Phillips, who objected to same-sex marriage based on his religious beliefs, could refuse to bake a cake for Charlie Craig and David Mullins’ same-sex marriage.

Mr. Phillips filed the appeal when the Colorado Court of Appeals ruled in August 2015 that he was required to bake a wedding cake for the gay couple under Colorado’s Anti-Discrimination Act

He said the Colorado Court of Appeals ruling violated his constitutional rights to freedom of speech and freedom of religion.

He refused to bake a cake for same sex-marriage (gay marriage) because he honours God through the art of decorating cakes.

“I feel that the Bible is clear — what God defines marriage as,” Phillips said in 2015.

“For me to violate that would be for me to rebel against God, to take what he’s designed and say it doesn’t matter.”

The couple, Craig and Mullins, claimed they were discriminated against by the baker for his refusal to make a cake for them in 2012.

However, despite the ruling of the Colorado Court of Appeals, Phillips refused to bake the cake for the couple.

“They said you have to create cakes for same-sex couples, so he removed himself from the market. He chose to stop making wedding cakes,” said Jeremy Todesco, a lawyer for the Alliance Defending Freedom, who appealed for Phillips on his behalf.

Mynd44

Re: Man Ordered By A Court To Bake Cake For Gay Marriage Heads To Supreme Court by Okpueze1(m): 11:55am On Jun 27, 2017
That's why I like my peeps down here.

Bros I won't bake una cake, go find another baker.
Case closed.

2 Likes

Re: Man Ordered By A Court To Bake Cake For Gay Marriage Heads To Supreme Court by thesicilian: 12:09pm On Jun 27, 2017
I hate gays, but there's nothing like "gay dollars." I'd bake them their cake and collect my money.
Its nothing personal, its just business.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Ordered By A Court To Bake Cake For Gay Marriage Heads To Supreme Court by Daviddson(m): 12:31pm On Jun 27, 2017
Going by the landmark us Supreme Court pronouncement that same sex marriage is constitutional, we can as well conclude that the Christian baker will lose the case, but I anxiously hope a miracle happens to turn the tide in his favor.
Re: Man Ordered By A Court To Bake Cake For Gay Marriage Heads To Supreme Court by djPyper: 1:04pm On Jun 27, 2017
though I very much support the baker, but I dont see him winning at the supreme court,this is america, the headquaters of peversion, at the end of the day it is a case of discrimination, its just like saying you cant bake a cake for a couple because they're black, its a lost case already, he should just bake the cake and mix small gammalin or sniper inside.

1 Like

Re: Man Ordered By A Court To Bake Cake For Gay Marriage Heads To Supreme Court by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jun 27, 2017
Daviddson:
Going by the landmark us Supreme Court pronouncement that same sex marriage is constitutional, we can as well conclude that the Christian baker will lose the case, but I anxiously hope a miracle happens to turn the tide in his favor.
his (the baker) right to freedom and religion would be infringed upon if they judge against his favour. As a Christian, he sees baking a cake for gay wedding as a sin. Sin is Sin let's Nt paint it.
Re: Man Ordered By A Court To Bake Cake For Gay Marriage Heads To Supreme Court by Daviddson(m): 1:31pm On Jun 27, 2017
Olochedavido:

his (the baker) right to freedom and religion would be infringed upon if they judge against his favour. As a Christian, he sees baking a cake for gay wedding as a sin. Sin is Sin let's Nt paint it.
I'm on his side as well. I'm only saying that the court may rule against him because they declared that homosexual marriage was right about 2 years ago. So, lets hope he wins, because it will be a great victory for Christians in the US.

1 Like

Re: Man Ordered By A Court To Bake Cake For Gay Marriage Heads To Supreme Court by Favouritecakes: 7:49pm On Jun 27, 2017
Are u in abuja? Need birthday cake?wedding cake? Anniversary cake? Graduation cakes?cup cakes? Kindly contact us 08054202542.we deliver at ur door step.or check our instagram handle @ favourite.cakes
Re: Man Ordered By A Court To Bake Cake For Gay Marriage Heads To Supreme Court by ZKOSOSO(m): 10:06am On Jun 28, 2017
djPyper:
though I very much support the baker, but I dont see him winning at the supreme court,this is america, the headquaters of peversion, at the end of the day it is a case of discrimination, its just like saying you cant bake a cake for a couple because they're black, its a lost case already, he should just bake the cake and mix small gammalin or sniper inside.

Hahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahh...! You baaad gaaan!
Re: Man Ordered By A Court To Bake Cake For Gay Marriage Heads To Supreme Court by Lucario007(m): 10:15am On Jun 28, 2017
Favouritecakes:
Are u in abuja? Need birthday cake?wedding cake? Anniversary cake? Graduation cakes?cup cakes? Kindly contact us 08054202542.we deliver at ur door step.or check our instagram handle @ favourite.cakes

I give you Respect for your marketing skills.

(1) (Reply)

Judaism Concept Of Satan More Logical Than Christianity / Nigerian Atheists / Simulated Universe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.